PDA

View Full Version : The Little Things - (open RP) *Finished!*

Sniper Tondry
Oct 15th, 2000, 09:54:49 PM
(ooc) The only thing we ask is that you familiarize yourself with the thread before posting to it. If you think you have something to add, go right ahead.

(ic)

"The Little Things"

Below several towering tiers of Coruscant cityscape lay the planet's slums. If there was one place in the galaxy where alien species of all types lived in harmony, the Coruscant slums were it.

The reason for this was not a governmentally structured environment, but rather simple economics. Everyone in the slums was poor, and working one's way out of poverty required cooperation. The despairing atmosphere of the slums, as well as the rough, hard types of beings who lived down there, created a place where anyone could mingle, but no one could like it.

Pierce Tondry, Imperial spy, fit in just fine. He was hoping, however, that Jedi Knight Leia Solo would find it as uncomfortable as possible.

He'd sent an invitation saying he wanted to meet her a few days ago. Just to talk, he'd said, but he did have an ulterior motive. Isard wanted to know exactly how hurt Leia had been by the trick Dalethria had played on her. If Leia had a weakness, that was useful information.

Casually lighting up a cigarra, Tondry checked his wrist chrono. It was about five minutes until the scheduled meeting time. Pierce took a swig of some foul-tasting concotion the locals called alcohol and bit his lip. Even he was wondering how this would turn out. He'd never met a Jedi before.

Unless you included Navaria, but she didn't quite count, in Tondry's mind.

Pierce took another drink and turned to watch the door. He wasn't going to miss Leia's entrance, even if he had to wait all night.

EDIT: Removed sig, activated HTML.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Oct 15th, 2000, 10:56:41 PM
**It was a very cloudy, dismal day in Coruscant. Quite befitting to the part of the city, Leia found herself walking in. The Jedi Master pulled an invitation from beneath her robe. She glanced over the directions and looked up at her surroundings.**

*Sigh* I was hoping that I was reading this wrong, but no chance. This is where I am to meet Pierce Tondry, it figures.

**The Jedi proceeded to cross over the street, her robe was bustling behind her as she made way quickly to the bar called "Heaven In a Glass"**

What a name for this place! So unbefitting. *she chuckled*
Of all the places in the galaxy, he picks here.

**Leia slowly enters and scans the seedy bar. It is very dingy, dank and dark. A typical bar you would find the low life of the galaxy partake in ...even an imperial agent** The Jedi proceeded to walk through the bar...watching some of the patrons looking on at her, wondering who she was and what she was doing there. Leia paid no mind. She was more interested in finding Sniper** Leia came across a gentleman smoking a cigar. She leaned her head over..to see his face clearer, due to the fact the lighting was horrendous in the bar. Indeed..she found the imperial agent. Leia walked over cautiously to the table, never letting her guard down. She had no idea of what his intentions were for her and was leery as always of the Imperials*

Well...Hello Mr. Tondry. So we meet again! I am sorry I was running late. Some unexpected business I had to finish up with. So.. may I ask why you requested this meeting?

Sniper Tondry
Oct 15th, 2000, 11:05:16 PM
"Got a couple of questions to ask you," Tondry replies, taking a drag off his cigarra and exhaling the smoke off to the side. "Pretty much wondering how much Dalethria affected you."

Tondry finishes off his alcohol and turns to Leia, the smell of his drink on his breath. "Reason I ask is because I had a little chat with her while she was going under the name Navaria. I wanted someone else's impression of her."

EDIT: Removed sig.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Oct 15th, 2000, 11:16:49 PM
**Leia sits down by Tondry , pulls down her hood and orders a white wine. A service droid immediately brought it over to her. The Jedi stares at Tondry intently. She can't help wonder why he is questioning her about Dalethria**

I see. So why is this a concern of yours, Dalethria that is? *sigh* Yes..she went under another name as Navaria. This is one long and complicated story. How much information did you get from her? What did she tell you?

**Leia looks on at Tondry as she slides her fingers around the rim of her wine glass, awaiting his response**

Sniper Tondry
Oct 15th, 2000, 11:23:56 PM
Tondry's lips curl in distaste. "That's a story I don't like to tell," he replies. "And I especially don't like people overhearing it."

Pierce twists his head about, accidentally exhaling some thick, spicy cigarra smoke into Leia's face during his search. "Sorry," he apologizes, and points at the corner booth he just saw open up. "Let's go sit over there. Less ears."

EDIT: No sig.

R5 V10
Oct 15th, 2000, 11:29:13 PM
**After bringing Leia her wine the small droid rolls over to a nearby table and takes the order of the people gathered at it. The entire time he has a small directional microphone, hidden beneath a small wire mesh screen on its head, pointed in the general direction of Leia and Tondry. Following its orders to keep tabs on all the Jedi that enter this bar and record any conversations which it may be able to intercept. It takes the order and rolls over to the bar, keeping the screen aimed in the direction of the two as they speak.**

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Oct 15th, 2000, 11:31:51 PM
**Leia gives off a slight *cough* as she fans the smoke from her face**

Umm..*cough* no problem. Sure I understand. Prying ears are no fun. Surely..let's go.

**Leia and Tondry make their way back to the corner booth and sit down** Leia turns her attention back to Tondry**

As you were saying, Mr. Tondry?!

Sniper Tondry
Oct 17th, 2000, 07:12:25 PM
Tondry takes a sip from his mug before answering. "To be blunt, I told her something private. Something about my past."

A sudden movement causes Tondry to glance out of the booth. A Lobel has taken a seat right behind Leia.

Tondry returns his attention to the Jedi, taking another calm sip from his mug. Lobel physiology did funny things with electromagnetics, in fact creating a distortive field that conflicted with those created by hyperspacial field generators. Although no amount of Lobel could ever disable a hyperdrive by standing near it, they could give severe headaches to those who travel between planets frequently.

In fact, Pierce feels the onset of a Lobel-induced headache right now. And if he's just feeling it, imagine how affected Leia will be.

"It's not something I want spread around, mind," Pierce continues, not concentrating on the Lobel or the headache. "And she promised she wouldn't say anything. Normally, I trust Force users as far as I can throw them, but Dale's always been a bit different in that respect. I figured since you were her worst enemy, you could tell me how trustworthy she is."

EDIT: Removed sig...

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 17th, 2000, 07:22:44 PM
:: The slums. Not much to Darth Turbogeek's taste, but a Jedi went anywhere he was called to be. The stench was incredible.

What WAS he doing down here he wondered? Apart from a vague message left on his terminal to be in this area, he had no idea. Maybe it was curiosity. Maybe it was the Force that lead him. Maybe he was just bored. Whatever the reason, he was here now and quite puzzled as to why he should be here. ::

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Oct 17th, 2000, 11:22:55 PM
**Leia looks at Sniper but stops for a moment and places her hand over her head. Sniper looks at Leia**

Sniper: Are you ok?

**Leia rubbing her brow..ignoring a slight headache**

Leia: Um..yes... I am sorry. You did ask me a question. As you were saying..Can Dalethria be trusted? That is a very complex question. As a general rule..I don't trust sith. But..Dale had an aura of light in her. Long story short..she realized it and Navaria's personality emerged. When Dale ceased to exist..Navaria was a gentle soul, only good was found in her. She was in the light and being in the light, you could trust her. But..now that is all gone! *sigh* I could never totally trust her again..for Navaria is dead. You can say Dalethria killed her.

**Leia looked down at her glass again. Still pondering over Tondry's concern over Navaria.**

R5 V10
Oct 18th, 2000, 07:15:35 AM
**The small droid continued moving about as if it worked in the cantina, cleaning tables and bringing drinks to any patrons that ordered them. The regular employees paid it no mind as the droids that were in there employ were great in number and this one appeared to have a restraining bolt of their manufacture on it's structure.

Noticeing the arrival of a newcommer to the establishment, the droid quickly ran his facial image through its database and matched it to another Jedi, known widely across the region as a high ranking member of the Greater Jedi Order, another Master was here and this was in fact quite interesting. Seeing that he was not speaking to anyone yet, the droid kept the directional mike pointed towards the table Leia and Tondry had moved to, recording all that it recieved.**

Sniper Tondry
Oct 21st, 2000, 01:03:35 AM
Tondry motions to the little droid that keeps hovering about. "Hey you," he says when the droid arrives. "Mind getting me some Forvish stout? And- don't tell me, let me guess- water for the Jedi."

Leia nods. The droid stops and computes this for a moment, then rolls off.

"Anyway," Tondry continues. "So you think Navaria's dead, huh? No chance she'll come back? No chance Dale can be trusted? Hm."

The Lobel behind Leia gets up and heads for the refresher. Tondry's headache lessens immediately and he plucks a small pill from his pouch. "Pain-relief tab," he explains. "Want one?"

"No, thank you," Leia replies.

Tondry shrugs. At that moment, the droid arrives with the drinks. Tondry accepts his drink and pays the droid, also leaving several credits as a tip. He admires it and takes a sip.

Leia's glass, on the other hand, looks as if it was used to scoop swamp sludge before it was filled with water. A greenish growth lines the bottom of the glass, and the outside is smudged and dirty.

EDIT: The case of the vanishing sig.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Oct 24th, 2000, 12:38:51 AM
**Leia looks down at the slimey glass. She cringes her face in disgust and pushes the glass away across the dusty brown table**

Leia: If you don't mind me asking...how come you guys, Imperials, gravitate to these dumpy hole in the wall cantinas.

**Tondry looked at Leia and gave her a lopsided grin**

Sniper: What can I say...we slimey low lives feel perfectly at home in a place like this!

**Leia looked at Sniper and starts to chuckle**

Leia: Why am I not surprised! You know...you scoundrels are all alike. One comes right to my mind..let's see I considered him a Stuck up 1/2 whitted scruffy looking nerf herder. **Leia looked at Sniper for a reaction as she gave him a *smirk* Did I say something wrong?

Sniper: Umm..Nooo!! So...Leia you didn't answer my question.

Leia: Yes..I did if I remember correctly. Navaria is dead and no chance of her coming back! Do you understand that?!!!**Leia can hear her voice getting rather annoyed in tone, she decides to calm down a moment** And Dale..*sigh* what do you want me to say? I would trust her...well **Leia stares at Tondry and narrows her eyes...as she leans across the table and stares Sniper in the face** As much as I trust you! So why all these questions..by the way?!

(Edited for typo..Sorry)

Sniper Tondry
Oct 26th, 2000, 11:28:25 AM
Tondry takes a quick drag off his cigarra before extinguishing it in an ash tray. "Simple," he says in a gruff tone. "Dale's got a piece of my past. When you work for an Intelligence bureau, having a past is dangerous. Even lethal."

"Take yours for instance," Pierce continues, a little louder so as to be heard over a disagreement at a nearby sabacc table. "Dale's hated you for the death of her grandfather. Ain't fair, is it? You didn't shoot him yourself, and he didn't have to be on that first Death Star."

The distraction from the sabacc table is now so loud Pierce has to shout. "You didn't pull the trigger that blew the Death Star, and Tarkin was a hated man. But Dale hates you anyway? If anyone should have a reason to be ticked, it's you. Tarkin ordered you interrogated! But Dale went through a whole scheme, just to have a chance to take you out. Pretty good example of how dangerous a past can be, eh?"

Two Quarrens suddenly stand, one reaching for his enemy. A blaster shot goes off and the first Quarren falls to the floor with a vicious, red charring showing through his outfit. His death ends the fight just as suddenly and violently as it started.

Leia moves as if to stand and help, but Tondry waves a hand at her to stop her. "Don't bother. He's one of the biggest traffickers in spice and illegal-grade narcotics in this sector. This place will be better without him."

EDIT: HTML, HTML, HTML... and some grammar corrections.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Oct 30th, 2000, 12:26:29 AM
**Leia found herself reflecting on Sniper's words. The words were all to haunting and troublesome to her. While...Sniper was relaxing, smoking his cigarra...Leia founded herself drifting. Her dark brown eyes seem to gaze off. With each pasting moment the jedi was becoming distant and withdrawn from her surroundings. Sniper's words rung out in Leia's head... You didn't pull the trigger that blew the Death Star, and Tarkin was a hated man. But Dale hates you anyway? If anyone should have a reason to be ticked, it's you!.. FLASHBACK to Leia's first meeting with <a href=http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicthejedicouncil.showMessage?topicID=234 0.topic> Dalethria</a>. Dale was accussing Leia of all the Empire's doing and the destrution of her family. **Leia thought** How ridiculous this was..and to be the sole thing that kept Dalethria after Leia ever since. One of Dale's first words to Leia was: "Yes...my eyes are death for which you have seen before but had escape. It won't happen again!"

**The thoughts continued to linger in Leia's head. Dale's hatred for her..was one the jedi had forever lived with and it seemed never to end. Leia never really gave it much thought about all the suffering and pain Dale had caused her. Leia was always true to her convictions and never let those thoughts enter her mind.....like Dale searching Leia out with a vengence in <a href=http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicthejedicouncil.showMessage?topicID=235 0.topic>Coruscant</a>. Such hatred and determination Dalethria had to wanting to cause Leia's demise. Her quest to kill Leia lead her to many encounters with the jedi. Why does she do this?!!...Leia thought. She had caused Leia so much pain and suffering.**

Sniper: "Leia....Leia...Leia........????!!"

**But..Leia could not hear Tondry, she was in too much deep thought. So much..that her hands moved slowly away from her glass down to the table. With every horrible passing thought and memory...Leia's nails were digging deeper into the wood, tearing into the table like a cat would if it was clawing at it. So deep into her thoughts..she also had not noticed some splinters that had caused some blood to drip from her fingers.**

**Sniper just stared at Leia. not knowing what to think or do. He thought.. What the heck is going on here? Did I actually strike a nerve here!**

**Leia's mind was continuing to spin with flashbacks, that were racing through her mind in such a blurr. She can fell her heart racing as her palms began to sweat. Her body began to feel a radiance of heat pulsating through her.**

**A small group of Quarrens began to brawl and a gun shot was heard** Tondry said something to Leia..but his words fell dead on her ears** The only thing Leia could hear is the LOUD noises mixed in with all the chaos of memories of Dalethria racing through her mind**

**Tondry looked on at Leia waiting for a reaction. When suddenly...he noticed Leia's glass was starting to vibrate uncontrollably on the table. A vibration very similar to one that would be caused by an earthquake. BUT..there was no earthquake. Leia's eyes broke from her gaze to become wide...when suddenly Leia's glass burst and shattered into small pieces, sending glass and water flying every where. Tondry gave Leia a shocked and horrifying look. Only to find Leia's reaction to be even more shocking....

Leia shouted with anger: "AUGGGGHHHHH!! I HATE YOU DALETHRIA! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!!!!"

(edited..for typo)

Sniper Tondry
Oct 30th, 2000, 02:12:55 AM
An angry, uncertain rumble comes from the other tables in the bar, followed by silence.

Tondry drops his arms from his face. His shirt is full of holes, the blast vest he wears, his arms, and parts of his head decorated with glass shards.

"That was real damn random," he says, beginning to pull a few shards of glass from his arms. Blood is dripping from his fingers and he tightens his sleeves to soak it off. The blood leaves angry red stains where it touches, there can be no doubt that Leia is aware of her handiwork.

"You sure you're a Jedi?" Tondry adds, gesturing towards the table. It, too, is bloody. In fact, Tondry notices that there is suddenly a lot of blood on Leia's side of the table. A lot of blood. "Because this here says you've got a few things twisted around upstairs."

Leia's eyes are still unfocused, as though she is mentally far away. As Tondry shakes out the stinging in one of his hands, a drop of blood flies off and lands neatly in Leia's right eye.

R5 V10
Oct 30th, 2000, 09:35:09 AM
** R5 moves towards the table and begins clearing some of the glass from the floor. While in the process of doing the cleanup, his optical sensor is focused on Leia's face and records the input it receives. R5 can see that she is angered and decides to keep his distance as best as possible, and moves away after having cleared the glass from the ground, leaving the table and floor still wet with blood. **

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Oct 31st, 2000, 03:05:13 AM
***Leia just blinks her eye for moment and wiped it quickly. She paid no mind to the blood and glass that was covering the table. Nor did she pay any attention to what was going on in the bar. Her forcus was on Sniper only**

**The jedi just starred blankly at Sniper as he asked her,"You sure you're a Jedi?". A sudden surge of anger came over Leia..something she truly never felt before. Her adrenaline was pumping wildy, her eyes glarred of ones filled with pure hatred. In Leia's current state of mind all common sense and reasoning has left her. Leia turned over the table sending it on top of Sniper as she quickly ignited her saber, she spun around to find the departing R5 unit leaving their table. Leia swung her saber violently at the R5 unit. Her saber sliced into its side only to sear some memory board wirings, luckily for the droid it managed to move away. **

**The jedi spun around once more to find Sniper lying underneath the table.**

Leia to Sniper: Dalethria..you will now pay for all pain and suffering you have caused me!

**Leia was not seeing Sniper anymore** Her thoughts were on Dale and it was Dale that she saw before her** Leia brought back her saber and started to slice through the wood of the table to get at Sniper. Sniper pushed away on the floor from beneath the table rubble, only to find Leia quickly planting her foot and twisting it on his chest, while crushing his ribs making sure he wasn't going any where.**

Where do you think you are going Dale? It's time for you to pay for your sins! But..first I am going to make sure you live long enough to feel some of the same pain you have caused me!

**With that Leia picked up Tondry by the collar with ease and hurled him with force induced strength smack into the bar** Leia eyed Tondry..her eyes were gleaming with hatred. The jedi slowly walked over towards,almost in a stalking kind of manner. All Leia's facial expressions were cold as she starred at Tondry ..but a slightly wicked smile creeped across her face**

So tell me how does it feel Dale! But before you answer..I want to tell you something.*she snickered* I have only just begun to torture you!

Sniper Tondry
Oct 31st, 2000, 01:56:50 PM
Groaning to himself as lay among smashed mugs and alcohol, Pierce stretched his muscles surreptitiously. This mission was turning out to be a bit more dangerous than he'd expected. "Damn Jedi," he muttered.

It was probably the wrong thing to say.

"Aww, what's the matter? You don't like Jedi, Dale?" Leia's voice mocked him from somewhere above his head. "Let me give you a big hug and make it all better!"

Something grabbed Tondry by the neck, then Leia's arms wrapped themselves around his midsection, trapping his arms in the process. 'GODS that girl's stronger than she looks!' Tondry realized. His abdomen began to scream at the pressure being applied.

Tondry jerked forward, hoping to overbalance Leia and send them both to the floor. Unfortunately, Leia seemed to sense what was coming- 'Damn Jedi!'- and let go of him as he reached the far point of his forward thrust. The end result was Tondry throwing himself unceremoniously to the floor.

Fortunately, his combat instincts kicked in. He tucked one shoulder in during midflight, sending him into a sideways roll as he hit the floor. He stopped so that he was facing Leia.

With a wicked grin, the Jedi theatrically raised her hand. An ash tray shot into the air, and Tondry rolled to the side to avoid it.

It wouldn't have been nearly as bad if Leia hadn't followed the ash tray with a table. As the table's rim crashed into Tondry's chest, he realized exactly what kind of trouble he was in. Still, the realization that he was in mortal danger could not be allowed to break his cool. Pierce pushed the table off him and stood up. "You're gonna regret this when you come to your senses," he growled.

Leia's response was to make a mocking sad face and pretend to wipe away a tear. With a snort, she raised her lit lightsaber into an attack position and gestured with her hand again. Objects began jumping off tables and flying at Pierce. He ducked a mug and was promptly hit in the leg by a condiment rack, buckling his knee slightly. A chair attacked and he kicked it apart, only to be hit from behind by a bottle and a table lamp. It was now or never time.

He briefly recalled the concentration exercise Navaria had taught him. A neat, square brick wall appeared in Tondry's inner eye.

A sudden calm seemed to come over the whole scene. Tondry's brain whirled with frenzied calculations, taking in everything. On the wall across the bar hung a mounted skull of some tusked animal, beneath which was sitting an obviously frightened, mouse-like Chadra-Fan. Behind Leia, a droid was exiting the bar with a tray of drinks, oblivious to the danger.

And he had a plan.

As the next object sped towards him, Tondry snatched it out of the air, spinning around in one fluid motion and sending it off again. Leia sidestepped the object - a can of drink- and it blitzed past her, hitting the wall above the skull and exploding in a shower of carbonated drink. The skull tipped and fell from its' perch, landing on the Chadra-Fan's table. The alien gave a frightened squeak and ducked beneath the table, tilting it over and sending the skull sliding across the floor.

The droid recognized the danger, but was too slow to do anything about it. It tripped on the skull, screeching a barrage of electronic noises. As Leia turned to see what was going on, the drinks on the tray splashed all over the surprised Jedi.

R5 V10
Nov 2nd, 2000, 06:53:55 PM
**Squealing and squelching from his overturned position on the floor, R5 manages to get himself back into a standing position. The droid readjusts his microphone and video capture device’s electronics and begins to record data once again. Seeing the disarray of the situation here in the bar declining, R5 decides to begin transmitting his Data back to his owner’s computer on board his orbiting spacecraft, as he moves backwards trying to get away from the fruckas.**

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Nov 10th, 2000, 02:09:03 PM
**Leia now drenched in alcohol..becomes more enraged. The Jedi Master turned to the pesky little droid that was running away from her and motioned her hand with an disgusted look prominently displayed on her face. The little droid started to slowly levitate off the ground and with in a blink of an eye went crashing into the cement wall. **

**The Jedi turned her attention back to Sniper. She was still very much in a state of confusement..not seeing Tondry but still seeing Dale.**

**Leia slowly walked over to Sniper. Swinging her saber side to side...seemingly taunting him and pacing again like a cat getting ready to attack its prey**

Enough of these foolish games...Dalethria. I have grown very tired of them all. You have made my life a living hell for too long. Tormenting the poor souls of the universe, the jedi and even my brother. Yes..Luke..playing on his affections as Navaria. How cruel you are!! Time to end the suffering you have caused everyone!

**Hearing Leia's words..Sniper cautiously was backing away from the angried Jedi. Unknown to him..he was trapping himself into a corner. Leia grinned at Sniper**

I would love to torture you more dear Dalethria, but now...you must DIE!!

**Sniper now cornered..his face becomes one of sheer terror as he finds himself speechless, as he watches Leia go to raise her saber for the mortal blow.**

JediMaster Skywalker
Nov 10th, 2000, 09:54:47 PM
As Leia is approaching Sniper a chair skids across the floor, hitting Leia behind the knees and forcing her to land in a sitting position on the chair.

Leia and the chair then float in the air in the middle of the room, as a man in black strolls under her, moving towards Sniper he stops and turns his back to Tondry after advising him to sit very still, if he wants to get out of this alive.

he turns back to Leia and floats the chair back down to the floor

Leia: Luke!, what are you doing?, I must Destroy Dale before she destroys us!.

Luke looks into his sisters eyes and says in a calming voice.

Luke: Leia, concentrate on my voice, you are confused, you are not seeing things correctly, use the force to open your mind and see what is really going on here.

Leia looks at Luke in a confused state.

Leia: Luke, What are you talking about, I am not Confused. I am here to kill a sith.

Luke: Leia, you are not doing what you think you are, this is not Dalethria, now come with me back to the order, so we can help you see the truth

Luke approaches Leia with his hands open with palms up.

Luke: come Leia, let me help you, you know I wouldn't do anything to hurt you or stop you from fulfilling your destiny, but trust me now when I say we must leave.

Leia clips her LS back on to her belt and takes Luke's hands.

Leia: Luke, please get me out of here, I..I don't understand what is going on.

Luke turns Leia back towards the door and helps her cross the room, Leia looks back at sniper, then turns back to facing towards the exit.

Luke and Leia exit the bar and head towards Luke's base. Leia I think you need some R

R5 V10
Nov 11th, 2000, 03:50:32 PM
<font color=lightgreen>Beginning self diagnotics.............
Damage assesment sequence start
Mobility: 76% Nominal
Power: 49% Nominal
Internal Repair Systems: 84% Nominal
Estimated Time to Functionality: 12:32</font>

Sniper Tondry
Nov 12th, 2000, 01:48:14 AM
Tondry breathed a sigh of relief. The crowd of starers slowly went back to their drinks, some of them casting confused or curious stares in Tondry's direction. Most of them were just glad that the Jedi had gone, and that things were settling down.

Tondry picked himself up, looking at his various injuries and taking a damage report of his own. His arms were still bleeding, and there were a few scrapes on his face, but fortunately the blast vest he'd been wearing beneath his fatigues had prevented the major damage to his torso.

Remembering that there was still glass in his arms, he began picking the shards out, dropping them into a pile on the table he and Leia had been sitting at. They clinked as they fell, and a small pool of blood formed underneath them.

A shuffling noise caused him to look up. "You will pay for the damages?" the Gran bartender asked, staring at Tondry.

Three-eyed stares always wanted to make Tondry smack the starer. How the hell was he supposed to look the alien in the eye seriously? They just looked ridiculous. "Get real," he snarled, loudly enough to be heard across the room. "That damn Jedi made a mess of things- get the money from her. Damn crazy freak."

The Gran shuffled feet uncomfortably. It obviously saw the Jedi as being at fault, but was too unwilling or afraid to charge them. "You pay," it tried again.

"Listen, pal," Pierce growled, grabbing the Gran by the throat. "This ain't my fault. Go knock on the New Republic for your money."

Pierce let the alien go, and it wandered half-heartedly away. The little servant droid took his place a moment later, beeping and whistling. "No, I'm not thirsty, thanks. Here," he added in a meaningful tone while reaching into his pocket. "Have something for your efforts."

The droid whistled happily as Tondry placed several credits into its tip compartment, then wheeled off.

Tondry stared at the small pile of bloody glass on the table. True, this mission had been a very dangerous, calculated risk. True, it had been tough not using his normal combat equipment, which was still on the floor next to the bar where he'd originally been sitting. It was even true that, stripped to the minimum as he was, Tondry had felt real fear during the fight, especially when his gambit to soak Leia with alcohol and snap her back had failed. The Force had somehow reinforced her delusions there, and Pierce couldn't seriously kill or attack her without looking like the bad guy.

But the point was that he, Pierce Tondry, had conclusively proved that a meager human being could still win against a user of the mysterious Force. Even a Jedi couldn't beat all the little things piled together.

Pierce grinned quick and sudden at the pile of glass. Each one of those pieces represented a fragment of Leia Solo's mind. That mind would probably get reassembled at some point- how soon depended on how good a Jedi Leia was. And because he'd played his part out so well, the whole thing looked like Leia's fault. To crack a Jedi and have her owe you: now that was a feat.

Pierce stood up, picking up his rifle and ysalamiri backpack from beside the bar and headed towards the exit. The little droid was waiting by the door, where it caught him with a series of beeps and whistles. Its tip compartment opened, revealing a roll of bacta gauze. "Thanks, little white guy," Pierce grinned at the droid, leaning close so as not to be overheard. "You tell the Big Green guy that I hope he likes my art, and to call me if he ever needs a favor."

The droid replied with an affirmative toot. Tondry nodded, turned, and exited the bar. He needed patching up, but not nearly as bad as Leia did.

(ooc) Thus concludes this thread. Any comments or questions? Could I have done better? Feel free to post them here.

While I'm at it, I'd like to thank Leia for agreeing to participate in the thread. She was really great to write with, and our AIM planning and plotting sessions were fun. In addition, thank you R5-V10 for playing a minor, yet pivotal role (even though he didn't know it was coming). I also thank Darth Turbogeek and Luke Skywalker for their cameo appearances.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Nov 12th, 2000, 02:21:04 AM
OOC: Sniper...

It is I that should be thanking you. You asked me to do this with you and I thought it would be fun because I have always found you to be an excellent RPer. Thank you for letting me do this with you. It has been an enjoyable experience. Hope to do it again another time. *Bows*

Thank you again :)

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Nov 12th, 2000, 03:37:55 PM
OOC: Sniper Dude! Very nice story. I am glad that you could put Leia's and mine history to good use and drive her over the edge. LMAO...Leia snapped! YAY!!!!

:: runs around happy like a little girl ::

Seriously, I enjoyed reading this and it was well done. Good job to you both :)

R5 V10
Nov 12th, 2000, 08:10:12 PM
OOC: I enjoyed participating and seeing all that this RP contained. It was full of suprises and definately not of the norm. Thanks for allowing me to participate and becoming a pivotal character in this story.

Bravo!