PDA

View Full Version : A Summary of SWFans RPGing

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 26th, 2000, 09:49:43 AM
I'm not happy polls have been activated here, but whatever. My Moderator policy in regards to them is that I will be deleting all polls That are NOT RPG related.

Question like sexiest player, best sig, best or worst etc are not regarded as RPG related. However, votes on say tournaments or questions put to the RPG'ers by admins and moderators are.

DuoMaxwell
Jul 26th, 2000, 09:51:51 AM
OK.

Lord Gue
Jul 26th, 2000, 10:07:45 AM
? maybe im not following, are you saying your gonna delete anythread not posted by you, or another modereator or administrator?

DuoMaxwell
Jul 26th, 2000, 10:46:42 AM
DT, email me at "duo_usa@Yahoo.com". I need to ask you a few questions.

Christine Gue
Jul 26th, 2000, 10:51:45 AM
thats not fair people should be able to say what they want to say its their own poll why should you delete it on them. What Authority do you have. Is just wondering.

DuoMaxwell
Jul 26th, 2000, 10:54:22 AM
He's a mod who has been here since the beginning of RPGing:lol:

obiwan2
Jul 26th, 2000, 11:04:03 AM
DuoMaxwell, just a suggestion, but I wouldn't push DT's buttons if I were you.

Just don't say I didn't warn you....

Banestone
Jul 26th, 2000, 11:24:46 AM
I understand that DT, that's fine with me. I'd suggest you just get the admin(s) of this place to shut off the polls in this forum, since they won't be used much at all, and we do things the old-fashioned way - post - when a tournament or question from mods come up. That, or just leave it the way it is already and see if people will start to abuse the polling or not.

Itala Marzullo
Jul 26th, 2000, 11:58:17 AM
DT wasnt on the beginning, he started rpging aout 2 months after the battleground was created. hehehe, it is I who started this rpg...at least swfans.net's....ask Jason if you want, he very well knows....

jjwr
Jul 26th, 2000, 03:09:40 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree on this one.

If a poll is on topic and deals with the roleplaying than it should be fair game. I'm not talking sexiest player or stuff like that, but something that actually makes sense and is relevant to the game. If the poll is blatently off topic then I feel it should be deleted(currently having problems with them in The Replica Props forum). But if a poll is on subject and actually makes sense then by all means let it be.

And actually....to clarify this history a bit......

Itala started here with a group of other players, they got pissed over something and left and formed CC.Net, after that CMJ, Atreyu and Myself started up the Roleplaying again at this board and with a few Sith thrown in(Mara being the big one) this place boomed and has become what it is today. So CMJ(who mostly posts in Entertainment forum now) is the guy who started this Battleground and the Jedi group that fought here.

Rama Sha
Jul 26th, 2000, 06:13:15 PM
and I would have to agree with JJWR.

Figrin D an
Jul 26th, 2000, 07:23:18 PM
I would tend to agree with jjwr. Polls that are tied into RPGing are fine, just don't get off topic too much. But, that is also part of the reason DT was made moderator of this forum, to ensure that things stay on topic. What is classified as RPGing and what is not is at his discretion, as well as the admins. That's there job.

Just my two cents.

Okay.... now for a crystal clear version of the history of this board...

A long time ago (circa April 1999) on a site far, far away (jawafortress), this board was know simply as the 'Star Wars vs. Titanic' board. It was the board tied into the 'Star Wars vs. Titanic' site that was then a part of jawafortress.com. There were a small group of people that found the site and this board about the same time last April. Among them were DT, LL, Itala, Darth Yoda (Corran Horn), Jonathan, myself (although I lurked for some time before posting).... some others as well. Eventually, as the debut of TPM approached, more and more people began to post on the board. Everything from TPM spoilers to the orginal trilogy to box office figures were all hot topics. After having several unpleasent experiences with various trolls on the board and numerous viscious flame wars, the idea of doing some legit Star Wars-based RPGing was tossed around as a proposed stress reliever. But, nothing definiative developed from this until Itala declared that he was starting a group know as The Sith Council, with himself as the leader. Several people jumped on board, and TSC soon had over a dozen members. Just days later, a poster known as sirdizzy proposed the idea of started The Jedi Council. With the efforts of sirdizzy and Rmaio, The Jedi Council grew quickly. Jedi ranks were assigned based on knowledge of the films and EU. A full ladder of Jedi began to form, with Masters, Knights and Padawans. Twelve of the top Jedi were selected to hold seats on the High Council. Meanwhile, TSC continued to grow as Itala and his second-in-command, Darth Bane, instituted a massive recruiting program. At this same time, though, Itala found himself with a powerful nemesis. Darth Q, who eventually would become known as Darth Turbogeek, opposed Itala at every turn. He invented knew ways to irritate Itala and his Sith and would change the way RPing was done with such devistating techniques as Force Frying Pan, Force Wedgie and Force Firestorm. Eventually, DT joined the Jedi, and he and Itala have been rivals ever since.

Things went well for a couple of months. This battleground was created specfically for RPing and fight threads, and quickly became one of the most popular places to hang out.

Then came the Rebellion.

Several moderators had been chosen among the most active and sensable posters, as the board had become so large, the few admins, who also ran the main site, could not possibly watch over everything all of the time. An issue developed when certain mods began to edit and add to posts made by several of the numerous trolls that existed on the board at the time. As a result, those moderators had their powers taken away. Several people on the board felt that, despite the somewhat questionable editing habits of said moderators, that the situation was dealt with unfairly. A tense situation developed between the admininstrators of the board and a large group of mods/posters, eventually leading to several verbal confrontations. When the large group of mods/posters decided that the situation was not going to improve, they banded together and planned a mass 'walkout.' On one day, posts were made by large portion of the board users stating that they were leaving. That group, which contained 50-75% of the boards most prominate users, established a new board known as CoruscantCity.net. Both The Jedi Council and The Sith Council left with this group, and eventually would branch off and form their own boards.

After the mass exodus, this board began to recover as more people registered. A new Jedi Council was established here by CMJ, jjwr and Atreyu (whatever name he happen to go by back then. :) ).
The Sith Empire emerged as a new group, started by several disgruntled members of TSC. Other RPing groups appeared as well, making the battleground a popular place once again.

After many months of seperation, the Jedi Councils of this board and CC.net formed a working alliance, and would in time combine to form the Greater Jedi Order. TSC, after a lengthy hiatus, was restarted and began to participate in the battleground again as well. Combined with groups like TSE, TIE, the Gungan Council, and most recently, RSO, the battleground is more interested than ever.

The rest, as they say, is history...

(If anyone wishes to know further information about the history of the board, feel free to ask.)

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 26th, 2000, 07:55:13 PM
Darth Q.... now there is a name I have not heard in a long time.... a long time.

I think jjwr and I are thinking alike, I'll moderate polls as he suggested. He worded what I wanted to say much better :)

I'ld forgotten about the Force FireStorm.

jjwr
Jul 26th, 2000, 09:24:19 PM
Great History there Figrin, I guess more went on then I thought before I started posting :)

No Prob DT, I wasn't sure if you meant what I meant or wanted to ban them outright so I chipped in with my thoughts.

I think as long as the posters are responsible and don't make a bunch of dumb polls things should be ok.

JediBoricua
Jul 27th, 2000, 02:41:28 AM
I'm saving what you said on my computer Figrin! Great Job.

I think I arrived here like a week after Itala formed TSC, not sure though. It was a week before TPM opened, that I do remember....

Atreyu
Jul 27th, 2000, 07:02:53 AM
The Sith Empire emerged as a new group, started by several disgruntled members of TSC.
Just thought I should reclarify this in an otherwise perfect history. The Sith Empire was never formed from disgruntled members of TSC - when Mara and co formed it the TSC was practically an unknown on this board. It wasn't until a little while later when Itala tried to recruit them that the age old TSC vs. TSE thing started.

While I'm at it :) , the first leader of the Sith Empire, was Darth Sidious (who lasted about a week), then Darth Fenris (who lasted about 2 weeks) then Mara, then Bromine, then Rama.

Since some people look to be taking an interest in the RPG history here we might as well get it all right. :)

Figrin D an
Jul 27th, 2000, 09:05:59 AM
Good point, Atreyu. I was unaware of the relationship of Sidious and Fenris to TSE. I had heard the names before, but knew little of them. (At that point, I spent very little time at this board). What I do know is that people such as Mara, Brahma and several other early members of TSE had ties to TSC. Whether or not they were full members of TSC is another issue (perhaps Mara and Itala could help to clarify this).

Thanks for catching the error. :)

DvdJervs
Dec 14th, 2000, 07:15:50 PM
I had forgotten all about this thread. :)

I don't know about Brahma but Mara at first got friendly with Itala and there did appear to be signs that both groups might merge (note that this was my observation as a Jedi - the Sith might tell a different story). However some members never liked Itala and in the end Itala and Mara couldn't agree on anything (again, my observation) so the ties were cut and have remained that way ever since.

Some more history for the masses. :)