PDA

View Full Version : Playing Doctor Faustus (End of LL Saga)

The Lounge Lizard
Oct 18th, 2000, 12:42:48 PM
(NOTE: Doctor Faustus is a famous literary character who makes<
br>
a deal with the Devil in order to obtain his innermost desires)

<blockquote><
i>Quote:[/i]<hr> I wish I may
I wish I might
Have
this wish
I wish tonight

I want that star
I
want it now
I want it
all and I don't care how

Careful what you wish
Careful what
you say
Careful
what you wish
You may regret it
Careful what
you
wish
You just might get it
[/quote]

-Metallica, "
King Nothing"

:: As the debris fell, LL reveled in his
teeth-
clenching fury. 200 cinder blocks were destroyed to satiate
his maddening need. The need was becoming an addiction before<
br>
his very eyes...the Dark Side practically pouring from every<
br>
pore of his skin. Deep in his eternal well of hate, LL's
mind
played on one track...::

~~flashback~~

:: Suddenly...Reaperfett
stood between LL and Aya. :
:

LL: What are you doing, you Jedi
fool? You have
no part in this!

RF: I will not let you get
your
way here.

LL: You low class bastard! DO YOU KNOW WHO<
br>
I AM?

RF: A Sith with an ego problem.

:
: LL's facial tick
kicked in ::

LL: Alright...so
be it. Embrace your pseudo-nobility,
but know what it costs.
Every day from here until time ends,
you are going to be
the undying focus of my hate. I will never
forgive your slandering
of me today...and I will return...and
you will reap the whirlwind
of my allmighty wrath.

:: LL stormed
off...thundering
across the horizon, a wild crackle of lightning
twining around
him ::

~~end flashback~~

:: LL blinked,
and looked at his hands. His knuckles were cut, bruised, and<
br>
bloody. The blood trickled to the ground, mingling with the
ever-
present smell of sweat, the sweat of a driven man.
LL's facial
tick resumed. What prompted him to leave that
day, instead of
killing Reaperfett like he knew he was more
than capable of doing.
It wasn't cowardice...that much was
certain. Yet....LL felt he
would be doing RF a favor by merely
killing him at that moment.
No, an offense done to him so
wrong must be met by the wicked
imaginings of all of Hell'
s minions combined...or perhaps just
LL's psychotic obsession,
given enough time.

Time was nearly
up... ::

OOC: This is for those people who like roleplaying,
hint hint. I apparently haven't done enough of it lately, so<
br>
I am making one for the record books. Do as you might, but
at
the very least, read this one.

The Lounge Lizard
Oct 18th, 2000, 03:06:15 PM
Later that evening...

:: LL walked into his expansive daccha, atop a hill on the Axis-controlled planet of Byss. Lady Vader, who was sitting on a mat in the daccha's atrium, opened her eyes, sensing the stormclouds of his presence. She looked at him...and he returned the look he had given her for the past month. He looked seemingly THROUGH her. She worried for him. He barely ate anymore, and if he did...it was the kind of no-frills grissle that would make a billy-goat puke. He came in the same every day...at the verge of collapse. He would walk past her, and go through the house, and stand on the balcony to meditate through the night...patching himself up just enough, only to tear himself down the next day.

LV looked at the person that she had fallen for long ago. He was still the same, and thats what frightened her. She loved him, and though he rarely said it, she knew he loved her just as much.

However, as LV looked at the open wounds across his body, and the faint ribbon-trails of dried blood, she had to concede that he might love destroying himself as much as he loved her, if not more.

LV reached out with her feelings, and LL swatted her probe away...blocking his thoughts. LV closed her eyes again. How many more demons did he have...that even she didn't know about? It seemed the more she found out...the deeper and darker the abyss became, with no end in sight.

Finally, LL spoke, in response to LV's thoughts. ::

Don't concern yourself over me. I have work. Continue your meditations.

:: Without another word, LL went out onto the balcony. He would be out there all night. ::

The Lounge Lizard
Oct 18th, 2000, 08:03:53 PM
-The next morning-

:: LV wakes early, hoping to catch LL before he goes...well, wherever he goes. She hurriedly walks to the balcony door, only to find it wide open, a slight breeze wafting in, and no sign of LL. She silently sits down in a chair, watching the sunrise and leaning her chin on the edge of the railing...peering across the dew-covered morning. ::

"LL, come back soon." She whispered.

:: On the outskirts of a ruined settlement, LL enters a small abandoned house. It is dim inside, with only two small windows. The walls are crumbling, with holes exposed, the floor rotting. The house itself seemed to have given up the ghost. LL walked past a large, cyllindrically-shaped droid with pneumatic arms. ::

LL: Hello AT-4

AT-4: HELLO. DO YOU WISH TO RESUME YOUR RESISTANCE TRAINING?

LL: Yes, that's why I have come back. Is the restraining table ready?

AT-4: YES. I ATTACHED STRONGER ARM BINDERS TO IT. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VOLUNTARILY BREAK OUT.

LL: Good.

:: LL moved to a large steel table, with shackles for the wrists, ankles, and neck. He laid down on it. ::

LL: AT-4, activate the binders.

:: AT-4 hit a switch, and the clamps on the restraining cuffs clicked into place. LL was locked to the table. He then hit another switch, and a pneumatic press rotated the table up 90 degrees, so that LL was in a standing position. ::

AT-4: WHERE SHOULD I START THE TRAINING?

LL: According to your data records...what is the maximum striking pressure a punch from the Jedi Reaperfett?

AT-4: JEDI REAPERFETT IS CAPABLE OF STRIKING WITH A FORCE OF NINE HUNDRED AND TWENTY POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH.

LL: Then give me 150% of that. 30 minute duration.

AT-4: THAT IS NOT ADVISED. A FORCE OF ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH WILL CAUSE CONSIDERABLE INTERNAL BLEEDING AND SKELETAL DAMAGE, DESPITE YOUR SITH COUNTERMEASURES TO BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA.

LL: I'm aware. Do it. I'll deal with the consequences in a bacta tank, if I have to. Don't forget...30 minutes, and not a second before.

AT-4: ACKNOWLEDGED.

:: AT-4's arms began to rise, perpendicular to LL's body. ::

AT-4: SESSION BEGINNING.

:: AT-4 let loose his right hydraulic arm. The incredible force rocked LL like a bombshell, with the sickening sound of heavy slapping on flesh, and the wet snap of breaking ribs. Time and existance began to slow for LL. Each strike was a rebirth...the blood that began to pour through like the waters of the Jordan, baptizing him...giving rebirth to flesh. LL withdrew deep into himself...his mind focusing on one singular thought. ::

~Is this the best you can do, Reaperfett?~

:: Open wounds began to appear across LL. With each savage strike, AT-4 caused a mountain of torture to be heaped upon LL. Like the mighty Atlas...he shouldered it all...laughing amongst the onslaught. Pain...what had it become? His nerves screamed in their chorus of agony...but it had all become below LL's station to listen to them. His body was prisoner to his mind, and his mind would risk everything for sweet revenge ::

:: Conciousness left LL, and he slumped over. AT-4 continued his assault. Eventually, LL transmuted from the dark tunnel of unconciousness, back into the world, back into the pain, the pain that tried to control him, but simply existed without LL caring. So much more to think about. So much more worth giving your life for. Revenge. Pride. Yes, pride most of all. On a long enough timeline, nobody and no thing would ever stop him. ::

:: LL arched his back in a spasm, and coughed up a spray of blood. His body went limp, allowing each blow to land in its pure entirety...the symphony of pain playing background music to the cadence...the driving....unrelenting...irresistable cadence...that LL danced to. Alone. ::

~I will triumph. I am stronger than you.~
~I will never be defeated.~

OOC: BUMP! (Yeesh....nobody likes me)

videl1999
Oct 19th, 2000, 04:11:29 PM
OOC: hehe...goober...well I don't really see what you want the rest of us to do yet, so I haven't posted yet....and LV, LW,LD and I are still kinda waiting for the other thread to be finished....=)

Lady Vader
Oct 19th, 2000, 10:02:12 PM
*sighing heavily, LV went back inside after viewing some of the sunrise... she'd seen it many times before, but the majesty of it still awed her*

*she walked towards the kitchen and began fixing herself something to eat... but as she went about her task, she realized she just wasn't hungry*

*she worried about LL... but this time the worry had grown to that of anger and frusteration... she had patience for him, more patience than she'd ever given anyone... but even the most cool-minded broke at some times*

*frusterated at her weakness, she threw a plate across the room and it shatter into tiny fragments at the other side... she shook her head*

LV: This has to stop... but when?

*she knew not to interfere with LL's doings... not unless he wished it... he always had a reason for what he did... but, at this point, she wondered if the reason this time was rational or for another purpose*

*she frowned*

LV: Well, technically, just seeing what he's up to wouldn't be interfereing...

*she shook her head*

LV: No. That would betray the trust he has in me to leave him to his privacy.

*she sighed again and left the kitchen back out onto the balcony... the sun had risen and was casting brilliant rays through the misty forests that lined the grounds around her position*

LV: Fresh air will do me some good.

*she smiled... she loved the outdoors... the freedom it gave her... as she walked out the door, her black Corellian sand panther, Iesis, bounded to her side... it purred as it rubbed against her side*

*LV scratched it's head and headed out towards the trees, through a winding path, the large cat following behind her*

The Lounge Lizard
Oct 20th, 2000, 01:10:53 AM
:: A large explosion caught LV's attention, several miles to the east. Through the trees, she could see a trail of smoke lifting into the air ::

Lady Vader
Oct 20th, 2000, 02:39:50 AM
*LV turned in the direction the explosion had emitted... she frowned, trying to pinpoint where it might have originated from... but through the large trees, it was hard to see*

*she looked up and smiled... having cat-like qualities had it's advantages with trees*

*extending her claws, she climbed the trunk of the tree... when she reached the first branch, she balanced on it easily, then using the Force, she leapt from branch to branch... finally she reached the canapoy of the largest tree she could find*

*looking through the rising mist, she could see the smoke was billowing from a building in the center of the city down bellow*

LV: Hmmm... that's not a good thing. Looks like it blew a whole city block!

*climbing down quickly, LV hopped to the ground to an anxiously waiting panther... she patted the feline on the head*

LV: I'm heading into town, Iesis... you be a good kitty and stay here.

*the large cat groeled, obviously wanted to tag along... but a stern look from LV made the cat lower it's head*

*both walked back to the dwelling.. once there, LV hopped her swoop and headed down the hill towards the city*

The Lounge Lizard
Oct 20th, 2000, 02:49:45 AM
:: The attack droids circled high overhead...their sensors detecting their target. Down below...LL wearily stood up, blood running down his face. He was running out of tricks. He had to find a way to destroy those droids ::

Dammit Reaperfett...I'm not going out like this!

:: One of the droids dived low. LL kept his lightsaber on his belt, not reaching for it. The droid dove in closer ::

I'm down, Reaperfett...but I'm not out. You're going to do BETTER than this...

:: The droid kept approaching. Its small blaster fired several shots in succession. LL extended his hand, stopping the blasts cold with a force barrier. ::

Reaperfett...I'm laughing at you!

:: The droid dove by...trying to pass. LL slammed his right fist into the face of the droid at the last minute, stopping all of its forward momentum, but breaking the bones in his hand. LL grimaced, activated his lightsaber with his left hand, and gutted the droid from top to bottom...watching it die in a fiery explosion. LL smiled, but the two other droids fired blaster shots, hitting LL in the shoulder, and knocking him down to the ground ::

Damn you, Reaperfett....I am going to kill you!

Lady Vader
Oct 20th, 2000, 03:07:42 AM
*LV drove her swoop down the last remaining meters to one of the many entrances to the city... things seemed to be going in order... at least here*

*she drove up to the street that would take her to the explosion site... but as she truned the corner, all traffic came to a dead hault*

*LV cursed under her breath*

LV: Not only is it rush hour, but everyone and his grandmother wants to take a look at the destruction also!

*she sighed and sat in the traffic for awhile... then she got an idea*

*steering the swoop into a small garden, she parked it next to a bed of flowers, not caring if she got a violation warning... with her statis, and a good @#%$-a-maimy story, she could get the warning lifted*

*silently rushing towards the nearest alley, she began to unsheath her claws... once she reached the end, she began to climb the building that was there*

LV: This'll... get me... there... a bit fast..er...

*she finished climbing the rest of the way, and proceeded in the direction of where the blast had come from, jumping and climbing from buildings to ledges to window sills... anything that would aid her in getting her to her destination*

*as she neared the area of the explosion, something began to "tickle" in the back of her mind... she stopped for a moment to see if it had any meaning... but before she could get anything from it, it vanished*

*she frowned and continued on her way, still wondering what that feeling was about*

videl1999
Oct 21st, 2000, 12:42:57 AM
*Videl is once again found working on the circuit board of her ship, until a large upsurge in someone's ki causes her to look up, and hit her head on the board again* Ow, I've got to stop doing that.....*Videl then tries to figure out who it is* Hmmmm...It's LL, interesting, I wonder why he's training so hard.....Well considering he hasn't been in the best of moods lately, I think I leave him alone for awhile....*goes back to her work, but continues to keep track of LLL's ki*

Lady Vader
Oct 21st, 2000, 04:36:31 AM
*hopping to yet another building, LV notices a small hangar bay to her left*

*sensing Videl inside, she takes a small detour towards her*

*once inside, she finds Videl fiddling with her ship, her head burried in a compartment filled with wires*

LV: Hi there Videl. Didn't know you'd come back from your trip already.

*LV hears a muffled thud and a string of swear words... she half smiles and chokes back a small chuckle*

*Videl emerges from the underside of the ship, rubbing her head... she looks up*

V: Oh! Hello LV. Didn't here you come in.

*Videl winces, apparently finding a sensitive spot from bumping her head*

V: Would you like something to drink?

*LV shakes her head*

LV: No thanks. Actually, I was on my way to check out that explosion over there...

*LV gestures with her hand*

*Videl looks slightly perplexed*

V: Explosion? *she shakes her head* I must have been inside the guts of my ship when it happened, cause I didn't hear a thing

LV: Well... I was wondering if you'd like to join me in investigating?

videl1999
Oct 22nd, 2000, 12:46:54 AM
I might as well...damn old ship.....I would rather not hit my head anymore times tonight...

OOC: well gtg, komban wa, minna.....*Videl teleports out of forum*

Lady Vader
Oct 22nd, 2000, 02:56:35 AM
*LV chuckles*

LV: Well, then, come on. It was just over that big scraper over there.

*LV turns and leaps to the adjacent building, angling herself to continue in the direction she'd been going before her detour towards the hanger*

*looking behind her, she sees Videl doing the same*

*both women continue on towards the origin of the explosion*

KnyteWulf
Oct 22nd, 2000, 08:43:11 AM
On the outskirts of a forest nearby, a young wolf cub slowly raised her head, ears standing upright.
She, too, sensed a drastic increase in someone's ki, something that was quite ordinary in those areas, but not to such an extent.

Although she normally wouldn't bother to investigate into the cause, something about the nature of the host body drove her on. Getting to her feet, she invisibly leaped away from the 'safety' of the woods and into the depths of the ruined urban jungle.

After a minute or two, she felt two very high presences approaching, and Knyte suddenly stopped, lowering herself and flattening ears to skull to avoid detection, lowering her own power level.

A few seconds later, she saw Videl and another woman who she had not met before pass atop a building some way away. Videl halted and looked towards Knyte's direction, but in another few seconds the two were gone again.

Knyte's previous encounter with Videl warned her to keep a distance away until she could find out more. Standing up on all fours, she followed the two, her wolf form a mere blur as she leaped from building to building.

(OoC: Hope nobody minds my joining in. =)

Lady Vader
Oct 24th, 2000, 12:55:52 AM
*LV and Videl kept a steady pace towards where the explosion had emitted... the smoke had all but died down, but the murmer of beings around the explosion was thick in the Force*

*as they got closer, that nagging feeling returned, this time almost hitting her like a ton of stealium*

*she stopped just short of the next ledge that would give hetr a veiw of the damage caused by the explosion... something was horribly wrong*

*Videl stopped just ahead and looked back confused... then she continued on slowly towards the ledge and looked over... she was silent for awhile and then gasped... she turned back towards LV*

*LV's eyes widened... not a word had been spoken between the two women, but she knew that what she had been dreading had come true*

*she stepped towards the ledge and looked down... the destruction was extensive, encompassing a huge portion of the block (and then some)... she surveyed the area, her heart never slowing it's rythm... the pock-marked land was strewn with building materials and machines... ambulances, hazard crew, and the authorities were swarming all over the place... people were being taken away on stretchers... some limping off... others completely covered by body bags*

*what looked like the remains of an attack droid lay quivering near a large chunk of concrete and stealium... it sparked a few times more and then went cold... she looked in the area near the now dead attack droid, her heart seemingly escaping from her chest... and then she saw him lying there in his own blood*

*she gasped... it was all she could do from screaming... but her heart broke and she could not retain the anguish inside*

LV: NOOO!!!

*her one spoken word echoed through the air... dieing in the wind high up on the roof tops... she dug her nails into the ledge*

*she felt Videl put a reasuring hand on her shoulder, but she didn't register it... then, without a word, she swung herself over the edge of the building, and began descending at a rapid rate... it was all Videl could do to keep up without plummeting from such a great height*

*jumping the remaining six meters, LV ran towards the prone figure*

*some authority personel tried to stop her from going further into the debris, but she meerly pushed them away with the Force... her mind was set on one goal*

*she finally reached the spot where the man lay, unconcious... his blood pooled around him in various areas... so many wounds... LV brought a hand to her mouth and shut her eyes for a moment... then, composing herself, she knelt down and cradled his head in her lap*

LV: Loungie? Can you here me?

*a silent tear slowly cascaded down her cheek and softly landed on the corner of his lip*

*she looked over his body... he was still breathing, thank the maker, but he was bleeding from so many wounds... it was hard to tell where one wound started and another ended... she grit her teeth together*

*by this time, Videl had arrived and stood just behind and next to LV, surveying the damage and wounds*

LV: Loungie? Say something... please.....

The Lounge Lizard
Oct 24th, 2000, 01:00:50 AM
:: LL's lips parted ever so slightly ::

R...r.....rrreeeeaaaapppeeerrrfffeeettt.....uuuhhh nnnggg...

Lady Vader
Oct 24th, 2000, 01:06:37 AM
*LV's eyebrows furrowed into a frown*

LV: Reaperfett? Did he do this?

*she looks up momentarily, then back down*

LV: I don't sense any Jedi near here...

The Lounge Lizard
Oct 24th, 2000, 01:11:26 AM
:: LL's arm twitches slightly, then...slowly, and with great effort, LL struggles to sit up, coughing a slight bit of red on his tunic ::

Lady Vader
Oct 24th, 2000, 01:25:57 AM
*LV restrains LL*

LV: Hey there! Whoa! You are NOT getting up in the condition you're in!

*LL begins to protest*

LV: *sternly* I said no! You are in no way attempting to do any movement until you've had a dunk in a bacta tank and extensive Force healing! You've done quite enough for one day!

*LL looks ready to protest again, but LV puts a fnger to his cracked lips*

LV: *softly* Listen to me... I know you want to continue what you've started. But in order to accomplish it to the best efficiency, you have to take care of yourself. For the last month I have seen you come home exhausted, and in pain.

*LL frowns weakly*

LV: Oh don't look so surprised. After living with you, I know enough about you to know how you think. You want to finish what you started, then, by all means do. But not before you've had some medical attention. This has gotten out of hand.

*LL closes his eyes and LV sighs, weariness in her voice... but the love is evident in her eyes and in her words*

LV: If not for yourself, then at least do this one request for me. You may be strong... but even all strong men have their limits. Losing you would break me. I don't want that. Please.

*she softly rests her forehead to his, hoping he won't try to over-go his limit*

KnyteWulf
Oct 24th, 2000, 07:00:22 AM
"Somebody called for a doctor?"
Lady Vader jumped slightly at the strange, cold voice. Turning around, she saw the white wolf cub jump down from a window-sill ...

The Lounge Lizard
Oct 24th, 2000, 03:32:29 PM
:: LL weakly nods his head, and his eyes flutter shut as his body goes limp from unconciousness ::

videl1999
Oct 24th, 2000, 04:10:14 PM
*Videl briefly checks LL's wounds, and a look of concern crosses her features each time she runs across a serious one* I had a feeling this would happen, he always trains too hard...why is defeating Reaper so important that he has to practically kill himself training?

The Lounge Lizard
Oct 24th, 2000, 04:14:00 PM
OOC: Videl...let me recover from my wounds naturally...I need the "down time" from that, trust me.

Arigato, Videl.

videl1999
Oct 24th, 2000, 04:15:34 PM
OOC: okay, disregard that then.....

KnyteWulf
Oct 24th, 2000, 06:13:11 PM
"Oh, come on, his wounds aren't all that bad."
Videl and the other woman jump slightly at the strange, cold voice. Turning around, they see a small white wolf pup perched on the windowsill. Hopping down, she nods to Videl before jumping onto a pedestal next to The Lounge Lizard. Sniffing him cautiously, her expression changed to that of amusement.
"Well, okay, maybe he is. But he's gonna be perfectly fine."

EDIT: My signature's mucked up, forgot to uncheck box. ^_^;;

videl1999
Oct 24th, 2000, 06:32:16 PM
OOC: dou itashima@#%$e, Anbir....

Lady Vader
Oct 24th, 2000, 06:35:48 PM
*LV shakes her head*

LV: No. I haven't called for a doctor. I know Loungie. He'll want to recover on his own, in the privacy of his own daccha.

*the wolf sits on it's haunches and nods it's head... Videl has gone off to rumage up a speeder that hasn't been damaged by the blast*

LV: We'll just put him in a speeder and take him home. And keep those infuriating city authorities off my back. I KNOW they'll be wanting answers.

*she looks at some of the milling personel around the rubble... cleaning and figuring out what happened*

*LV shakes her head again and sighs*

LV: Why he had to take out an entire block is beyond me.

*she looks up to see Videl returning with an operational land speeder*

LV: What would cause him to train so hard?

*the wolf c0cks her head to one side*

WyteWolf: Perhaps, he is trying to prove something. Or perhaps it is for a deeper purpose. Perhaps a purpose of pride and honor.

*LV looks at the wolf and ponder's it's words... Videl stops the speeder and jumps out and comes to kneel next to LV*

Videl: Come on. We can use the Force to lift him and place him in the back seat. He will not be disturbed too much.

*LV nods her head, and, removing his head gently from her lap, stands... both women begin using the Force to move LL onto the back seat of the speeder*

*suddenly, someone from behind them shouts out... LV chances a glance to see a squad of hazzard troopers heading their way*

Sergeant: Hey! You can't do that! He needs medical attention!

*LV frowns Of course he does, you idiot!... she then turns to the wolf*

LV: Perhaps you could keep them occupied while we finish our task?

*the wolf nods it's head and heads off towards the troopers*

*LV and Videl easily Force lift LL and gently place him in the back seat... then LV jumps into the driver seat and revs up the engine*

*Videl looks to see if the wolf needs help, but she sees the wolf runnng circles around the troopers and tripping them over... she chuckles and decides no help is needed there... she jumps into the passanger seat and calls over her shoulder*

Videl: Hey! You coming?

*the wolf waists no time in responding and gives a mighty leap landing in the center of the two women*

*using the Force to keep the land speeder as smooth in it's ride as possible, she heads for home*[/i]

videl1999
Oct 24th, 2000, 06:46:05 PM
*sighs* unfortunately, it a way of the Saiya...we train to be the best and when someone is better than us in some way, we train to defeat them....but the male Saiyajins tend to overdo it, and cause severe damage to themselves....but when he heals, he will be twice as strong, so in a way, it's an advantage....I still don't see why he went so far just to try and defeat Reaper though......

OOC: well gtg....ja ne,minna...*Videl teleports out of forum*

KnyteWulf
Oct 24th, 2000, 06:59:23 PM
"Saiyan pride. Yes, can be very destructive. But you've got to admire his determination"
Knyte looks back uncertainly to check whether they were being followed. Satisfied, she turns to the stranger.
"Hello, I don't believe we've met. My name is Knyte." With that, the pup awkwardly reached out with a paw.

Gav Mortis
Oct 24th, 2000, 07:16:48 PM
"You can leave him with us, he'll be fine after a little rest." a voice comes from over the medics shoulder as he steps out of his transport, almost whispered in his ear.

Seemingly bewildered, the middle-aged man, takes a breath and his eyes glaze over.

"I'll leave him with you, he'll be fine." he repeats in a dry tone before climbing back into the transport to set off.

Simple

Gav turns away from the transport and looks over at the group, crouched down alongside LL, who seems to be completely drained of energy, his clothes stained with dry blood, which had obviously saturated them thoroughly earlier. Lady Vader ran her hand through his her, there foreheads in close contact and he could feel her distress, it was a disturbance he couldn't ignore at the back of his mind.

He walked up to the close group hesitantly, watching their actions and gestures before approaching. Was it a situation in which he would be welcome? Nevertheless he came close to them and started circling them from within the crowd, hidden behind the masses of gossipers and onlookers.

He watched them take the limp body to the transport and head off back towards the daccha, and so Gav came from the crowds and began walking into the distance after them. The sun burned the sky a ferocious orange and created stretched thin shadows all across the baked, tinting the surroundings red and orange, setting against the horizon as the night sky begins to show.

Lady Vader
Oct 24th, 2000, 09:46:33 PM
*LV turns to the wolf and looks at the extended paw, and smiles... she takes it gently and shakes it*

LV: Hello, Knyte. My name is Lady Vader. It's true I've never met you, but I have sensed you before in the dense forests on the hill. Oh, don't be alarmed... I have a good nack for sensing animals.

*LV frowns*

LV: Which reminds me... how well do you get along with cats? More specifically, panthers?

*LV chuckles as the wolf c0cks it's head and looks at her questioningly*

LV: Well, there's this panther that has taken it upon herself to be my companion. She doesn't speak. We comunicate telepathically, but she is intelligent. I have a feeling you two wouldn't have any probs getting along.

*a weak moan is heard from the back seat... LV chances a quick glance... Videl turns in her seat to check on LL*

Videl: He seems to have stopped bleeding from several of the larger wounds. And the cuts have all but scabbed. He's still going to need lots of rest, though.

*LV sighs*

LV: Yes, he will. And after a few days of letting him recover, I think it'd be a good time for me to ask him why he did this to himself.

*LV frowns*

LV: I know the reason must be very important to him, but still... to put himself through this... *whispered* to put me through this...

*LV sighs again*

KnyteWulf
Oct 24th, 2000, 09:57:06 PM
"I get along great with all animals. I look forward to meeting her." Glancing back at the source of the sound, Knyte became lost in thought.

"You two ... are very close. If anything, your undying love will pull him through."

Shaking her head clear, she says, "What am I talking about! Dang, I'm turning soft." Knyte raised her fur in an attempt to make herself look bigger than she really is.

The Lounge Lizard
Oct 24th, 2000, 09:57:37 PM
:: Alone in the silence of unconciousness...LL begins to dream ::

~~ LL is in a dark void...endless black surrounding him in every direction. Suddenly, Reaperfett appears. LL runs as fast as he can and punches the Jedi square in the face. The Jedi does not budge, and is unaffected by the strike. LL tries again, and again, and again...scores and scores of punches and kicks, until he drops to his knees in exhaustion. As he pants for air, a loud voice reverberates.

"Your hatred is weak. How can you destroy your enemy?"

LL turns to see the ghostly visage of the Emperor Palpatine, hovering in the dark. The Emperor laughs at him, as an object to pity.

LL scowls, and punches at Reaperfett once again, in vain. Another voice echoes...

"Your power is not enough to accomplish your wishes."

LL turns again, this time, the face of Exar Kun stares through him, sneering.

LL tries desperately again to attack Reaperfett...but it is useless. The Jedi is unharmed. All around him, the ghosts of Sith from the past appear...laughing at his inabilities, mocking his weakness, belittling him....

LL explodes in rage...and punches Reaperfett. His fist drives straight through the Jedi's chest, and LL holds his beating heart. All around him, the Sith speak in unison.

"Your hate alone is not enough...to truly become powerful, you must perfect your hatred....
....SSSEEEEEEKKK....TTTHHHEEE HHHAAATTTEEE AAAMMMPPPLLLIIIFFFIIIEEERRR...."

~~

:: LL moans slightly in the bed, his lips moving to make words, but no sound coming through. ::

-The Hate Amplifier...

KnyteWulf
Oct 24th, 2000, 10:12:08 PM
Knyte's ears suddenly stood erect. She was a Spirit, and she felt Lounge Lizard's inner turmoil. Without a word, she dematerializes into a dark shadow and entered his body, only to be greeted by ...
Emptiness.
Knyte stood at the mouth of a swirling vortex, surrounded by complete and utter darkness. She looked around for any signs of him. Finding nothing and trapped in his tormented mind, the fears she had been holding back began resurfacing ...

Lady Vader
Oct 25th, 2000, 01:59:38 AM
*LV noticed a small twitch from the wolf, but paid it no mind... what she focused on was the darkness flowing through LL... true, he was a Sith, and true, he had darkness in him... but this darkness seemed troubled... conflicted*

*the speeder finally pulled up to the daccha and both LV and Videl used the Force to float LL through the house and to the bed... the wolf followed silently behind, thoughtful*

LV: Thanks Videl. You can help yourself to anything in the kitchen if you so desire. My home is open to you. I'll only be a minute cleaning the wounds and dressing the worst ones.

*Videl nodded her head, giving LV the privacy she wordlessly requested*

*as Videl began to walk out the bedroom door, Iesis, LV's black Corellian sand panther came trotting in and stopped short when it saw Knyte*

*Iesis sat on her haunches for a moment, looking at the wolf... both seemed to converse in their own way... an understanding that they shared... LV watched for a moment, curious how the exchange was going... she assumed it went well, because when Iesis finally came to sit beside her, she was purring*

-------------------------------

*in the living room, looking over the spectacular view of the forested hill through the balcony window, sat Videl and Knyte... both were relaxing... Videl sipping on a blue liqour she'd found in the wine cabinet, and the wolf just looking out the window*

*a soft sound of a door closing was heard, and LV came around the corner of the hallway*

LV: He'll be sleeping for awhile. I left Iesis with him to watch him and warn me of anything unusual.

Videl: I'm sure he'll be fine. He's tough.

*LV sat wearily on one of the chairs... it had been a long day... too long*

LV: yes, he is. But, right now, I just want him to heal.

KnyteWulf
Oct 25th, 2000, 05:05:50 AM
Whilst her body and Soul were in the Material World, Knyte's Spirit restlessly paced back and forth, stranded in LL's warring subconscious as the mouth of the vortex continually grew wider.

His Soul was on the verge of falling in on itself, dying. Where his body had been able to sustain the physical damage, his Soul was not faring well from the pain inflicted upon it from his inner battle.

Knyte looked on warily into the darkness. Even if she could help, LL had managed to shut his mind from all foreign intrusion. It was a fight against his sense of vengeance, from which LL had to emerge victorious if he were to survive.

"LL ... let me help ... open your mind ... "

videl1999
Oct 25th, 2000, 01:03:18 PM
I'm just as worried about him as you are, but he will heal, it will just take time.....from when I've fought him and what I've heard about him, he's had far worse injuries than this. Fortunately Saiayjins can heal and survive when others would have died, so even though it looks bad now, I know he'll be fine.......

Gav Mortis
Oct 25th, 2000, 01:25:30 PM
Whilst the group of ladies conversed looking out from the balcony, a slight creeking was heard, at first on Lady Vader noticed it but shrugged it off assuming it was a gentle breeze causing the door to swing slightly.

Again the sound was heard, but nearer, this time the others heard it and the two feline creatures sprung to their feet, alert, ears pricked in alertness. Lady Vader knew this was no breeze and decided to go and check it out.

"It might be Loungie!" whispered Videl.

"Already? I doubt it after the state he was in." answered LV quietly, who suddenly slipped into the shadows out of Videls sight.

LV progressed around the living room walls unseen, unheard and again there was creaking sound, it was definately floor boards. Almost simultameously a sihlouetted figure emerged and walked past the doorway down the corridoor towards LL's room.

Stepping out into the corridoor and switching on a light, she stopped the figure dead in his tracks and he turned slowly.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" she demanded, approaching him ready to strike, but suddenly stopped with suprise.

"Gav?"

OOC: I edited the above message to work now

Lady Vader
Oct 25th, 2000, 05:27:00 PM
OOC: Ok, Gav... thanks :)

IC:

*LV looked questioningly at Gav*

LV: What are you doing sneaking around here, Gav? You know you are more than welcome here, but that doesn't mean you go sneaking around in a friends home.

*she frowned... then just as suddenly smiled*

LV: Well, I'm sure you meant well.

*she looked back towards the bedroom door and saw Iesis poking her head out from around the corner of the doorway... a low growl emitting from her throat*

LV: It's ok, Iesis. Go back inside the room. Everything's alright.

*the cat whimpered softly and disapeared back in the room*

*LV gestured to the living room*

LV: Gav... would you like to go into the living room, or would you like to see Loungie. He does require rest, so I wouldn't allow you to be in there long.

The Lounge Lizard
Oct 27th, 2000, 01:37:52 AM
OOC: bump

Lady Vader
Oct 27th, 2000, 03:31:42 AM
OOC: bump? ok then... *still slightly confused*

KnyteWulf
Oct 27th, 2000, 05:04:54 AM
Knyte just sat still, staring blankly into space, unaware of the ongoing discussion between Lady Vader and Gav Mortis ...

(OoC: :: stares blankly into space, way confused ::)

videl1999
Oct 27th, 2000, 12:10:29 PM
*A low rumbling roar followed by a snarl is heard from somewhere outside, Videl walks across the room and opens the door. Black as a thousand midnights, Videl’s panther Shiji saunters in, looking proud of himself for tracking Videl so far* Followed me, ne? *Videl asks as she sits back down. But Shiji ignores her, growling as he looks down the hall, and Videl glares at him* Iie, yamatte, you’re not starting a fight with Iesis…..*Shiji looks towards Knutewolf* No, not the wolf either….*Shiji snarls then sulks disappointedly, resting with his head on his jet black paws. After awhile, Videl stands up and goes to check on LL with Shiji following closely at her heels. Iesis looks up as they enter the room, and growls at Shiji who snarls back* Easy, both of you, be quiet….*Both animals look up at her and glare at each other from across the room. Videl looks over at LL, hoping the animals didn’t disturb him. For the moment, he sleeps peacefully, looking slightly pale, but better than he did earlier. Videl checks one of his more severe wounds on his shoulder, a scab covers and the bleeding has stopped completely* Good, and his ki is beginning to come back as well….*LL begins to toss and turn in his sleep as he silently mouths several words repeatedly. Videl raises an eyebrow but knows better than to pry into his thoughts* Hmm…I wonder what he’s dreaming about…easy, you’re dreaming….*She says quietly as she runs her fingers through his hair trying to calm him. LL yawns then goes back to snoring, and Videl smiles* Hehe, goober….*She then walks out with Shiji following behind her. Videl passes by Gav and LV as they talk in low tones, they both look at her questioningly* He’s fine and resting peacefully….*she says answering their unspoken question, then wanders back out into the living room*

OOC: well gtg, I’m at my sister’s house and she only gave me enough time to type this out…..ja ne, minna….*Videl teleports out of forum*

Lady Vader
Oct 28th, 2000, 02:05:30 AM
LV: Thanks, Videl.

*LV watches as Videl goes back into the living room, followed slowly by her black panther, Shiji*

*she turns back to find Iesis standing at the doorway to the bedroom watching the other panther slip around the corner... LV chuckles and winks at Iesis, who seems to almost smile, and then disapears back into the bedroom*

*LV turns her attention back to Gav*

ReaperFett
Oct 28th, 2000, 09:20:55 AM
:: Meanwhile...

ReaperFett ducks against the wall, and pulls one of his Berettas from its holster. He glanced round the corner, and saw the people in the room. They apeared to be talking about something, and a two cases were on the table to the side of them. One was of money, so the other must be...

The Glitterstream

That was what Fett was here for. He could see a Ysalmiri on the table also, so there was no hope of using the force. Just me and my wits thought Fett, and he spun to his feet, pistol aiming at the group

"FREEZE!"

All of the men pulled out guns, and began to fire at him. Fett dropped to his knees and fired his handgun, getting one of the men straght between the eyes. As Fett continues to fire, the men scatter to cover. Fett gets to his feet, and dives at the dead mans sub-machine gun. Fett spins round, and fires at a man hiding behind a overturned table. The table splintered like paper as the bullets streaked through, killing the man.
Fett then pulls a thermal detonator from hiss belt, and arms it, throwing it at the men. It explodes in a firey fireball, killing all but one man. Fett runs at him, and kicks his gun away from him.

"You're under arrest"

"Excellent"
Fett turned round to see a training instructor walk through the doorway.

"You managed to get the drugs, and a dealer. Your score was 98%, the best for some time!"

The walls then began to melt, leaving Fett and the instructor in an empty room.

"Thanks for letting me use your simulator" Said Fett
"No problem, especially for such a good shot!"

Fett smiled, and began to walk away. Suddenly, a pain ran through Fetts head, making him grab onto a wall for support.

Something is wrong. Something big...

Lady Vader
Nov 1st, 2000, 03:39:05 AM
OOC: excuse me?? ummm... I thought this forum was for closed rps and storyline stuff... this rp is an OPEN rp... anyone can join it... so why was it moved??

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 1st, 2000, 04:26:30 AM
OOC : By request of LL. This forum DOES cater for open RPG's BTW.

Gav Mortis
Nov 1st, 2000, 12:58:23 PM
After acknowledging Videl with a thankful nod, Gav turns to Lady Vader, his eye sparkles as the moonlight from outside highlights the left side of his face next to the window.

"Not to worry LV" he began with a pleasant smile "I wasn't sneaking, I just didn't know the way around your place. I would've liked to see LL however I know it is for the best that he is not to be disturbed."

"Very well then. Come, take a seat and care for a drink?" she asks with a warm tone, although the distress she hid was still very clear to him.

"Yes, a glass of water if you don't mind." he answered, taking a seat in the dimly lit living room. "So why do you think he's been putting himself through this for so long now?"

Lady Vader looked up in suprise, "How did you..." she began.

"It's obvious." He interrupted, then with a brief smile he continued "Has he mentioned anything to you, about his mysterious behaviour?"

"Nothing" she confirmed with a sigh, she shook her head solomnly, handed him his drink and took a seat. "He leaves early, before I wake and dissapears until sunset. When he returns he is beaten, damaged, exhausted and looks terrible, his clothes torn and stained with blood. I can't find the courage nor means to question him but it worries me deeply, to see him like this; it's not right."

Gav frowns and turns to Videl who is wearing a similar puzzled yet concerned look. "You've known LL a lot longer than I; why do you think he's doing this?"

"Well, I have known him a long time and my first impression would be he is simply pushing himself too hard. Whenever he trains, he pushes himself beyond his boundaries. But this is different." She claims and upon hearing this, Gav and LV looked at her with intrest whilst the wolf huddled up on the same couch as her from the balcony.

"Well, what do you think it is?" asked LV very curiously.

"Loungie has never been so foolish as to damage himself this bad for mere training. He's preparing himself for something...or someone. When he has a worthy opponent to face, he runs himself into the ground because he is that determined to achieve his goal, you might say that he is sometimes blindly dedicated to his principles."

Gav took a sharp glance of concern at LV only to find she was returning the same glance. He thought for a moment, resting his chin on his hand which was propped up at the elbow from the chair arm. He drank some water and then suddenly his eyes sharpened with puzzlement.

"I sense there is something else to all of this, he has yet another goal, somewhat obsucre and he has disguised it well. Has he mentioned anything recently, even as he was being brought back here, anything?"

Lady Vader
Nov 1st, 2000, 07:30:51 PM
*LV got lost in her thoughts for a moment and then snapped back to reality*

LV: Now that you mention it, he did mention the name of a Jedi... ReaperFett. He mentioned the name when Videl and I found him at the blast site.

*she watches Gav nod, and go silent... thinking*

*she looks back towards the bedroom, feeling LL stir slightly, then relax again... via Fore telepathy, she assertanes from Iesis that all is alright*

*she turns back towards Gav as she feels him come to some realiztion or gather an idea*

LV: Did you have something in mind? A connection between what Loungie said and over-doing his training?

Gav Mortis
Nov 1st, 2000, 09:11:12 PM
"Well, something along those lines; interesting you should mention ReaperFett, I've never heard LL mention him before but from what I recall from one brief encounter with him, I felt a Dark Side Impression, a deep one of that and now I now that that impression was left on Fett courtesy of LL. They may have some history. Do you know anything of that?" asks Gav, directing the question to LV whoom replies simply with a baffled shrug.

"Ok, I feel there is something else though. There seems to be a need to search for something from LL as I'm sure you have all felt but there is something else. Something, innanimate. Do you mind if I speak with him for a brief moment?" he asks once again, then before she could answer he adds with a grin "Jeez, I feel like some sorta therapist he

Lady Vader
Nov 2nd, 2000, 01:21:49 AM
*LV looked thoughtful for a moment, and nodded her head slowly*

LV: Well, he has been sleeping now for some time. He really should eat something, or at least drink something.

*LV stands and calls a small server droid*

LV: Prepare a light meal.

*turning her attention back to Gav*

LV: Come. Perhaps it is time we got some answers.

*she heads down the hallway towards the bedroom*

Doctor Joern Jehnis
Nov 3rd, 2000, 04:20:26 AM
** I walk up to the porch of LL's daccha on Byss, with my medical bag and stethoscope. I ring the buzzer. **

Voice: Who is this?

I'm a Doctor. Someone called about a trauma victim. May I come in?

videl1999
Nov 5th, 2000, 02:44:57 AM
*Shiji growls at the voice, but Videl glares at him and lets the doctor in* He's in the back, follow me....*Videl leads the doctor down the hall*

KnyteWulf
Nov 5th, 2000, 10:56:30 AM
Knyte padded softly behind the newcomer, growling, her fur standing on end.

Lady Vader
Nov 6th, 2000, 01:17:18 AM
*LV turns as the rest of her guests pile into the bedroom... she then notices the doctor come through the door following Videl and frowns*

I didn't call for a doctor... did someone here call for a doctor?...

*Iesis sits up, silent, but doesn't take her eyes of the new arrival*

*LV looks questioningly at the doctor*

Doctor Joern Jehnis
Nov 6th, 2000, 02:04:41 PM
I received a call from someone who did not give their name, and they said that there was an emergency here. Is this true?

KnyteWulf
Nov 7th, 2000, 03:38:33 AM
"There is an emergency ... the blood spilt when I tear your heart out from your chest ... "

Knyte's growling grew louder as she tensed her muscles, preparing to pounce ...

Gav Mortis
Nov 7th, 2000, 03:57:27 PM
Standing next to the bed on which LL lies peacefully, Gav looks at the man as he stands in the bedroom doorway, his eyes stay alert although he stops them from narrowing with suspicion in order to hide his true thoughts.

"I have made no call. Was it one of you guys?" he finishes, addressing a number of puzzled looks and shaking heads.

"Well there's your answer. You sure you have the right address?" he asks, turning his attention back to the doctor.

"Yes I am quite sure of it. Look, I even wrote it down" the doctor said as he delved into his coat pocket and presented a slip of paper to the group.

"Hmmm" said LV suspiciously. "If none of us called him, then who did?"

The group turned to the white bearded man, who just returned a blank look of confusion, he was silent.

"That is interesting" Gav said pausing for thought. He stood up straight after leaning on the wall and made his way towards the doctor "Nevertheless, Lounge Lizard will recover without medical assisstance, you may leave."

videl1999
Nov 7th, 2000, 06:18:24 PM
*raises an eyebrow, looking slightly confused* hmmm...I wasn't aware no one had called him....

Live Wire
Nov 8th, 2000, 03:00:35 AM
*there is a knock at the door and LV goes to open it wondering just who in the hell it was this time. The others turn around as they hear her exclaim "LW!"*

LW: Hi LV. I hope I am not intruding but I heared there was some trouble and I wanted to know if there was anything that I could do.

*LV embraces her friend. LW can sense the churning cauldron of emotions in her and tells LV telepathically
"Whatever it is we'll work through it! We have worked through everything else together and this will be no different"
LV nodds slightly in recognition and LW can sense her mental barriers falling back into place. LW acknowledges the others.*

Videl, Knyte, Gav.....

Lady Knyte
Nov 8th, 2000, 06:24:29 PM
Knyte's entire form trembled, her voice shaking and panicked as she spoke.
"His Soul ... it is corrupt, something I cannot quite grasp ... the aura that surrounds him ... can you not feel it?!"
Her head darted side to side, glancing at everyone as they stared at her seeming lunacy ...

videl1999
Nov 13th, 2000, 02:49:50 PM
well doctor, it seems your services aren't needed here...Shiji follow the doctor out....*the doctor walks out of the room, with Shiji following close behind. A growl, a loud scream followed by the door slamming is heard. Shiji saunters back in with a large strip of cloth dangling from his mouth, Videl smiles as she takes it from him* Gave you a little trouble, ne? hehe, apparentally the doctor wears underwear with a heart pattern....*Videl looks towards the others*well what should we do now?

The Lounge Lizard
Nov 13th, 2000, 02:58:19 PM
:: LL starts to breath heavily, the breathing becomes more and more irregular, finally LL begins to cough violently while still unconcious, a bit of blood frothing out of his mouth as his body starts to convulse. ::

OOC: Guess I didn't hint enough, guys...but that doctor was kinda important. Important, as in....WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST DO!?!?!

KnyteWulf
Nov 13th, 2000, 03:32:10 PM
(OoC: I'm sorry!! =( Um ... that last post of mine ... I just planned to get ridiculed at, IC ... ^^;)

"Oh whoopsy-doo ... "
Knyte looked at the doorway, her ears flattening to her skull and her head lowered, shoulders hunched. She snarled, waiting ...

EDIT: Added the IC bit.

The Lounge Lizard
Nov 13th, 2000, 03:35:06 PM
OOC: too late...just go with it. But you might wanna get LL some medical help now. Just a little hint. Gurgling up blood when in a coma isn't a good thing.

Live Wire
Nov 13th, 2000, 04:36:38 PM
*LV and LW rush to LL's side their eyes wide in horror. LV's mouth is moving but no sound is comming out.*

Get that doctor in here now damn it!

*the others look at them in frozen shock*

I MEAN NOW!!!!

*gav runs out the door and fetches the doctor*

Lady Knyte
Nov 13th, 2000, 04:50:19 PM
"And what's a doctor gonna do? Heal up his body's wounds, yeah. But have any of you stopped to think about what's up in that mind of his? And I mean literally."
Knyte's muscles tensed, her eyes never leaving the doorway.

videl1999
Nov 13th, 2000, 05:07:04 PM
OOC: it wasn't me, I let the doctor in....well you know what I can do, but I won't unless you say so, since you didn't want me to heal you last time.....

Lady Vader
Nov 13th, 2000, 05:26:38 PM
OOC: ack! don't throw the Doc out!!

IC:

*LV watches as the doctor rushes back in*

LV: So sorry about that doc. Some of us here are a bit strung up. Too many things happening.

*she gently carresses LL's forehead, and gently wipes the blood slowly dripping on his chin*

*the doctor comes over to administer to LL*

Doctor Joern Jehnis
Nov 13th, 2000, 05:31:45 PM
(I quickly make my way into the bedroom, and open my medical bag. I take my stethoscope, listening to LL's chest. I hear a gurgling noise, and I elevate LL's body, get a towel to drain the blood coming up, and take a bit of tubing, putting it down LL's windpipe. The tube begins to fill with red, draining blood out of LL's lungs.)

Dear God, how long has he been like this? You should have called me sooner!

videl1999
Nov 13th, 2000, 05:32:16 PM
OOC: you guys all wanted him gone....geez, ppl don't trust other ppl anymore....

*watches nervously, unsure of what to do since LL doesn't like being healed by her method*

Doctor Joern Jehnis
Nov 13th, 2000, 05:38:24 PM
(A half hour passes, and finally LL is resting comfortably again. A small tube is left in his windpipe, making sure no more internal bleeding occurs. I set up a small painkilling IV for him)

You said his condition was from physical trauma, didn't you?

Lady Vader
Nov 13th, 2000, 06:00:13 PM
*LV addresses the doctor*

LV: Yes. We found him lying amidts lots of rubble and debris. Apparently, he'd been training again, but this time, he'd gone a bit over the edge.

*LV looked again at LL, her eyes softening a bit*

LV: He works so hard... so hard in fact, that if he were anyone else, he'd surely have killed himself by now.

*she gives a crooked smile*

LV: But he's not anyone else.

*she shakes her head and chuckles softly**

LV: Not like anyone else at all.

Doctor Joern Jehnis
Nov 13th, 2000, 06:21:25 PM
(I shake my head)

The trauma alone couldn't cause this much internal damage to the lungs...something else is wrong here.

(I take a small blood sample, and use a portable microscope to analyze it)

This man is not well.

Lady Vader
Nov 14th, 2000, 04:32:10 AM
*slightly taken aback, LV looks at the doctor*

LV: What do you mean "not well"?? I want details, doctor. Now.

Doctor Joern Jehnis
Nov 14th, 2000, 04:50:35 AM
(Puts away stethoscope, and sighs deeply, closing his eyes)

I'm sorry, but LL is suffering from a chronic degenerative disorder called Alviolic Fibrodicystus. Its caused by repeated respiratory trauma. Apparently he has had his fair share of hard times before, because his lung tissue has degenerated quite a bit.

Unfortunately....there is nothing I can do. The protein recipiant patterns in his cells are completely worn out from repeated trauma and scarring. They are not going to heal. I've seen cases such as these. The symptoms are similar to Tuberculosis. Eventually, this is going to kill him.

As far as a prognosis...it could be two months, it could be two years. I don't know. I hate giving news like this, it is the worst thing for a doctor to have to do. I only wish my hands weren't tied in this man's case.

When he comes to...you are going to have to be there for him. Coming to grips with a terminal illness is a difficult matter, especially for someone with so much vigor.

(Doctor Jehnis stumbles on his words, unable to assuage the shock in everyone's eyes. Silently, he packs up his gear)

If his condition worsens, please, contact me immediately.

Lady Vader
Nov 14th, 2000, 05:10:55 AM
*blankness... complete blankness fills LV's mind... she can't think... the world has stopped moving... all around her it is still, quiet... empty*

*all she is aware of is herself, LL, and what the doctor has just told her*

*she shuts her eyes against the tears that well up inside... the anger... the sorrow... the hurt... it all comes colliding, pummeling her without mercy*

Why? Why him? Why him?

*a tiny tear manages to escape the overflow behind her eyelids and silently runs down her cheek to her chin, and then softly falls to the bed, dieing there as it seeps into the covers*

*she opens her eyes and looks down at LL... sleeping soundly... she realizes that, like the tear, all things have a begining and end... but even so, one must remain strong*

*she takes in a deep breath and let's it out slowly... she gently carreses LL's forhead*

*looking up at the doctor, she nods her thanks to him, her tears dried from her eyes and a new inner strength evident*

LV: Thank you, doctor. I will be here for him. If his condition changes for better or worse, I will contact you.

*she watches as the doctor leaves, then turns to the others*

LV: If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to be alone with Loungie for awhile.

*she looks back down at LL, and waits for the others to leave*

The Lounge Lizard
Nov 14th, 2000, 02:56:31 PM
:: Slowly, LL's eyes open. He looks blankly up at the ceiling, then sees LV, and notices the IV in his arm, and tubes coming out of his mouth. LL struggles with words, trying to say "What is going on?", but only his lips move and a slight wheeze as he exhales. He licks his lips, trying to moisten them, and looks again at LV, completely unsure of what is happening ::

videl1999
Nov 14th, 2000, 07:35:59 PM
*Videl feels just as bad as Lady Vader as if her heart were breaking, but her years of training under Freeza and her fellow Saiyajins, causes none of that emotion to show on her face, but it can all be seen her eyes, fear, pain, and worry* ::why? of all people why him?:: *she thinks to herself as she looks at LL unable to speak, as he looks at all of them questioningly*
OOC: gtg, I only managed to sneak online for a few mins today...ja ne..*Videl teleports out of forum*

Lady Vader
Nov 14th, 2000, 08:46:40 PM
*LV sighs and smiles at LL, sitting herself on the edge of the bed*

*she watches as the others file out silently... finally she is left alone with LL*

LV: Hey there, handsome. How you feeling?

*LL looks down at the tube coming from his mouth and looks back up at LV, frowning, raising an eyebrow*

*LV checks the monitoring system attached to the tube and sees it's safe to remove it... but only for awhile... she does so, and LL takes in a deep breath, free of the tube*

LL: I'm feeling like I just got railed by a SSD.

*he chuckles and then coughs slightly*

LL: I probably look like it, too.

*LV smiles*

LV: You've looked better.

*her eyes mist momentarily, then dry... she hopes LL didn't notice*

LL: So... you wanna answer my question? What's going on?

*LV takes in a breath and let's it out slowly*

LV: Well, we found you lying in the middle of a huge crator. You managed to take out a whole block downtown... and then some. Apparently, all those droids you'd been battling with met your wrath. Not much of them left. Not much of the block left either.

*LL smiles momentarily, glad his training had gone well... but then he frowns and gestures towards all the medical apparatus*

LL: And why all this? You know I heal just fine on my own.

*LV looks deep into LL's eyes, touching his face, tracing the scar on his cheek, running her finger down his arm, then finally resting her hand on his... she cups it in hers... they're larger than hers, stronger, warm... she looks down at his hands*

LV: Loungie? Answer me something...

*LV looks back up at LL's face as he nods his head*

LV: Do you fear death?

The Lounge Lizard
Nov 14th, 2000, 09:37:46 PM
:: It was a strange question to be asked. LL's brow furrowed as he thought of it. Why would LV be talking about death? She never talked about it before. Something in the way she asked that question...it made LL hesitate. Was she that worried about me? ::

I don't fear dying in itself, no. I suppose the only thing I really fear about death is that I will die before I can do the things I want to do. I want to settle down, have a family, plant a little garden out on the terrace, and grow olives, figs, and fresh pears, just like you like. I wish I could do all of those things right here and now...

:: LL scowls ::

...but I can't. The universe won't let me live in peace. I've tried all my life to find an end to my fights, and it seems like I am damned to forever face yet another enemy, one after another. I hate them for that. I hate that I will probably never settle down, never get my chance to live.

:: LL looks up at LV ::

That is my fear. I am afraid to die before I get the chance to really live. I want my fights to end. I have a lover that I have barely had a chance to truly love, and a son, somewhere out there, that I've never had a chance to see. If I keep fighting, I am afraid it might be the end of me...and yet I must, because if I dare stop fighting, then my enemies will definitely take that promise of a good life away from me. Destiny tells me that I have to finish all of my battles, and I'm scared that there will never be an end to them.

:: LL blinks hard...struggling with his frustration ::

So...yeah, :: cough :: I suppose I do fear death in a way.

:: LL looked at LV...at her slightly moist eyes, and her solemn demeanor. Why was she asking all of this? What was she trying to say. She was acting in a way he had never seen her act before, and it troubled him to notice it. ::

LV...please, please tell me. Something is wrong.

:: LL grasped upon a spark of intuition ::

Who is dying, LV?

Lady Vader
Nov 15th, 2000, 12:57:48 AM
*LV closed her eyes, still holding onto LL's hand, not wanting to let go... the thought of losing him.....*

*she gritted her teeth... all the things he'd said were things she wanted as well... true there was honor in battling and upholding what one believed... but there was also honor in LIVING... just plain simple peace*

*she open her eyes and looked at LL again... his face belied the question, imploring her to answer*

*she saw in his eyes that he had felt some of her sorrow, and he tightened his grip, engulfing his large hand around her small one*

*he asked again*

LL: Something is hurting you. Let me help take the hurt away. Just tell me... who is dying?

*LV looked down at his hand again... she wanted to look at him, to tell him... but she found that the strength she had wouldn't allow such a simple task... there was no simple way around this... it just had to be said*

LV: ...you are...

*her voice was barely a whisper, but the tear that rolled off her cheek and landed on his hand was enough to let him know the extent of the answer*

*she finally looked up into his face, the tears dried, but the hurt no longer hidden... she waited for his reaction*

The Lounge Lizard
Nov 15th, 2000, 01:50:20 AM
Dying....I'm....

:: LL holds LV's hand tightly, and turns to look out of a window, hiding his face from her....trying to stay in control. LL's breathing becomes deep and breathy...degenerating into words. ::

no....no.

:: LL pulls the IV out of his arm, and gags slightly as he wrenches the tubing out of his throat and mouth. He tears the sheets off the bed and sits up, putting on his boots. ::

Theres...no time. I've got to...I've got to finish it....no. I don't have enough time...

:: LL doubles over and coughs heavily, and several seconds later, sits back up, breathing in slowly. He looks down, and sees a spatter of blood on his bottom lip. Angrily, he wipes it away, and stands up...going to the closet to put on his jumpsuit. ::

LV: Loungie, what are you doing? You've got to get rest!

LL: I don't have time anymore....I thought I did...I thought I would have all the time...I....I...

...maybe if I go now....maybe I can finish everything that I've started. I know I can...I...just...neeed..

:: LL collapses on the floor, half dressed, and holding his lightsaber. A tear begins to build up ::

I...thought I would have enough time....time to save you....no....

nooo.....

There isn't enough time anymore.....I will never get to live a normal life now. I don't have time...and I can never forgive myself...for this....to you...to our son....I should have been here. WHY COULDN'T I JUST LET IT GO?!?!?

:: LL coughs violently again ::

...I never thought it would be like this.

:: LL finally looks at LV, his face wet with tears ::

...I owed you better than this...and now look at me. LOOK AT ME!!

:: LL struggles to his feet ::

....I regret. I regret that I will never get to grow old with you now...and it is all my fault.

:: LL balls his right hand into a fist, and looks down at it, his anger and sadness boiling over ::

...and I would never lift my saber against another man if I knew it would end this way.

:: LL finishes putting his armor and uniform on, and slowly walks down the hall ::

Lady V....please don't follow me where I'm going. I'm a damned soul...and its all my fault. Don't let my mistakes hurt us anymore.

:: A tear falls from LL's face, as he once again turns away from LV, ashamed at himself for his life of selfish pride, and the price it now begged from him and the ones he loved. ::

Live Wire
Nov 15th, 2000, 01:57:10 AM
*LW stands outside in the foyer with the others. She can sense the pain and turmoil of both LV and LL. Tears fall silently down her cheek and she turns her back on the others who stand around in their own silent saddness*

*she whispers* this can't be happening.

The Lounge Lizard
Nov 15th, 2000, 02:25:23 AM
:: LL walks quickly through his daccha, bewildered like a man trapped in a downward-spiraling nightmare. He picks up his pace, trying to avoid people, and bumps into a crying Live Wire. She turns around ::

LW: Loungie! What are you doing out of bed? You're not well...we've got to...

:: LW grabs LL by the wrist, and tries to lead him back to his bed ::

LL: LW, please, let me go...I don't have much time.

LW: Loungie, you're sick. You've got to rest!

LL: I can't rest! I need to leave now! Leave me alone, LW. I don't want my damned stupid pride to have to hurt anyone else.

LW: Loungie, no...please...you'll die...we've got to...

:: LL pulls his arm free and shoves LW slightly ::

LL: CAN'T YOU SEE?!?! GET AWAY FROM ME!!! I've damned myself and everyone I love and care for...ITS ALL ME! DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!

:: LL backs away from LW ::

LL: I...

:: LL coughs ::

LL: I was wrong...I don't have the time I thought I had...and everything I thought I would have whenever I had peace...that is gone too. Damn my arrogance in thinking.

I...CAN'T STAY HERE....I have to go....I don't want to be reminded of my damned foolish life.

:: LL continues walking, as LW collapses to the floor slowly, crying ::

LL: Please LW....tell LV I did...I do...love her. I'm sorry.

:: LL runs...runs through the daccha, going down the stairs until he reaches the hangar. He races up the gangplank of the Oozaru II, and throttles the powerful ship...sending the sleek craft blasting out of the launch door, high up into the sky. LL sat hunched in the pilot's seat, putting the craft on autopilot and staring at a picture frame he took from the main room before he left.

It was a pic of LV.

LL closed his eyes, batting down a tear. He knew exactly where he had to go, and what he had to do now. ::

OOC: This will be continued in a thread called "Demons of the Past"

Lady Vader
Nov 15th, 2000, 02:31:32 AM
flashback =

*LV's hurt turns momentarily to anger... why did LL always have to jump to the worst case scenario... but, even at the same time she asked herself that, she knew the answer... she couldn't change who LL was... she could only add and compliment to what he was already*

*but, never the less, she was still slightly angry at having him leave*

LV: Loungie, I won't follow you, nor tell you what to do. Obviously, you need time alone. But hear me out...

*LL looks over his shoulder at LV*

LV: Don't think just because of this incident that I will stop loving you... you're too much a part of my life now. That will NEVER change.

*she walks up to him and gently places a hand on his shoulder, and takes the other hand with her free hand*

LV: And I CERTAINLY don't see you as a failure. You have done to much to help rid this galaxy of scum. And I have been there every step. So, saying you are a damned soul basically puts me in that catagory with you.

*she shakes her head*

LV: No, Loungie. You will forever be the best thing that ever happened to me, regardless of what you think.

*she lifts his hand and gently kisses it, leaving it there for a few moments near her cheek... then she releases it and takes a small step back*

*looking up at him, she smiles, reminding him not to forget... about everything*

*she thought she saw a smile from him, but it was hard to say... and she couldn't read what was going inside his mind... it was a whirlwind of emotions*

*she watched him move down the hallway, and disapear around the corner*

*when she'd seen he'd gone, she slowly sunk to her knees and let the tears flow freely... Iesis came to rest near her mistress, trying to comfort the pain... a wound that would never heal*

OOC: This will be continued in a thread called "Demons of the Past" (just repeating it in case it was missed up above)