PDA

View Full Version : Requiem: Death's Carriage [Completed]

Jeseth Cloak
May 29th, 2001, 10:06:25 PM
Jeseth waited patiently within the court yard of Bast Castle. The clouds gathered together slowly, thunder striking above his head. It probably was going to rain again, as it always did, but for today's activities it wouldn't be a problem. He knew sooner or later, someone show up.

Mecc Orch
May 29th, 2001, 10:11:25 PM
OOC: I wanted to die, so its ok.

IC:
Mecc walked into the Court-yard looking around, he spotted Jeseth. From what his cousins had told him, Jes was a bad oppent "Hello, Jeseth Cloak. I have come for Fire Hazzard's Body."

Jeseth Cloak
May 29th, 2001, 10:22:05 PM
"Somehow, I don't think you'll be leaving here with that."

Jeseth ignited Ascension, whirlling it through at the air at the newly arrived intruder, immidiately severing one of his arms in a clean and precise sweep. A snapp could be heard as the hilt returned to the Dark Jedi's hand, a new and prerverse kind of joy welling up inside of him.

"But we'll see what can be arranged about you leaving here with, or without, your life."

SapphireDragoness
Jun 1st, 2001, 09:14:36 PM
::Saphire heard a transmission from the man's ship as he ws leaving the yavin system. in the transmission he said he was going to come looking for Fire's body and Jeseth, on the planet Vjun::

::Saphire frowned and had followed the man here all the way from yavin and her eyes blazed. She wasnt going to let him touch her friend::

::She walks behind him and her dragon blade goes into his stomach and out the other way. With a few sharp turns its turned to pulp. With her other hand her saber peirces his heart and his body drops to the ground, blood staining her green top::

Sorry about that, just making sure he didnt do anything.
How are you my friend?

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 1st, 2001, 09:21:32 PM
Jeseth gazed blankly at her, remembering fragments of his past.

Yaran?

"Yaran?"

He called out, the name fresh in his mind, but his mind clouded by doubt. Everything was obscure surroundings that period of his life, and he wondered who exactly this woman was... Her company made him feel at home. It was all familir to him, in a way...

SapphireDragoness
Jun 1st, 2001, 09:33:52 PM
::Saphires eyes shine slighty, he was remembering her again. Maybe he would remember their past together and the frienship they held. maybe...::

Yes? Call me saphire, like you used to.
you remember me?

::she tried to hide the hopeful look in her eyes but it showed through::

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 1st, 2001, 09:37:09 PM
Thoughts clicked in the Dark Jedi's head, a few of them making sense, and many others not making any sense at all.

"I... maybe. I don't know. I remember your name, yes. Saphire, Yaran. I remember you - but who are you?"

He pulled his saber up defensively, wondering if it was all a trick of the mind...

SapphireDragoness
Jun 1st, 2001, 09:45:17 PM
:;saphire smiles at jeseth, she knew he was goign to do this. She did not brign out any weapon, she saw no need to::

I'm your old hi-jackign partner, weve bene partners for years..until you died. I've missed you these days, you changed yet you havent...
I see no reason to trick you in the mind, your mind has enough to deal with right now.
Besides why would I attack a fellow TSO member

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 3rd, 2001, 12:45:37 AM
Jeseth put his saber down slightly, considering her words. He remembered her face, a few breif instances in his mind. He remembered them wandering through a darkened corridor together, breaking into a ship yard. Maybe she was telling the truth, after all. It made so little sense to him, but he did remember some of his past. It seemed to come back to him slowly. His body was still far from healed...

"I don't know... I'm sorry. It just doesn't make sense."

SapphireDragoness
Jun 3rd, 2001, 05:30:50 AM
::Saphire walks up to him and for the first time uses a bit of the light side , she shudders at the horrible feleing but she brings a bit of memory back. He would hopefuly remember who she is and what they shared::

[i]You dont know how much ive missed you...[i]

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 6th, 2001, 02:54:34 AM
Realing back, Jeseth reached for his head, dropping his saber to the ground, With a snap-hiss it died away, leaving him defenless and in pain. The light spread throughout his memories and his thoughts, his every deed brought before him. He cried for a thousand lives he had taken, but none of them meant anything anymore. There, through the light, he could see his wife and his unborn child, their bodies sprayed and broken across an elegant marble-like stone.

No, it was gone for the better. He could see his friends as they lay unmoving at his feet... Nupraptor had taken their lives, and he was helpless then... what not?

Saphire...

Did she know what was going through his mind? Did she even know how much it hurt him??

SapphireDragoness
Jun 12th, 2001, 11:06:03 PM
::saphire sees the expression of pain on his face and realizes she had used too much power and brought too muhc memory back, and pai of guilt clashed into her heart. She could block the memories again so he woudl forget but something, some force refused to let her do that. told her that it was meant to be, she had done the right thing. Anger filled her mind, she hadnt! Who was this that had told her such a lie! Seeing her friend in pain made her get stabbed by a million daggers, beign shot dead would have hurt less....::

I'm sorry jeseth...I'm sorry...

::Saphire turned away and started to run, she had hurt her friend, just like she ende dup hurting everyone...::

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 15th, 2001, 02:57:13 AM
The Memories overwhelmed him, pouring through him with a terrifying strength. His emotions were no longer his own, but one with the Force. Something touched to his soul, a face that seemed much like his looking at him carefully before touching it's hand to his cheek.

No!

Something exploded before Jeseth, dropping him to the ground in a deafening thud. He look ahead as his vision faded into narrow slits which continued to close into themselves. Saphire was leaving him... and he remembered.

"Yaran..."

His breath came short for a moment as he realized he hadn't given himself his dosage of bacta for the day... but now it was too late. He lacked the strength, or even mental presence, to properly coordinate his arms.

SapphireDragoness
Jun 17th, 2001, 03:51:40 AM
::Saphire turns around at her name, no one accept her family and Jeseth, and her ex-husband knew her real name to be able to say it properly. Her eyes water, and the voice in her mind, some kind of force filled mind, possibnly of some dead jedi or sith told her to walk away, to elave him to face the memories. That she had done the right ting was what she was beign told, but Saphire rejected it, looking at Jeseth for a sign of what to do, of how to help::

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 18th, 2001, 05:30:36 AM
The bacta... in my coat. Help me get the bacta....

The weak thought just barely filtered through to Saphire, Jeseth's eyes dead, or sleeping. His breath was slowing and she could almost feel his heart racing as his body began to reject all of it's organs and tissues, the cellular matter dying off in a chain reaction. He would need be broight abourd a ship... the bacta could only help him so much. Jeseth thought in his mind, that it was so ironic he might die just when he thought he found that part of himself he had lost... but what had that part of himself been?

Yaran.

He still remembered that much. He remembered her, the girl who had been his partner and his friend, and almost like the sister he never had... He would end up losing her now, too...

SapphireDragoness
Jun 19th, 2001, 02:11:30 AM
::Saphire heard the bare thought and quickly ran to his coat getitgn out the bacta. She quickly gave him what he needed and looked around, this wasnt enough, she needed her ship. Getting her ship minipad she put in the co-ordinates and watched as the A-Wing approached.
She could not lose him now, she WOULD not lose him now. He meant too much to her and shed lost enough people she cared about in her lifetime already. He was the brother she never had and she couldnt afford to lose the only person who knew her as well as he did. Looking back at him she ran to her ship and opened the door, then ran backl to his barely breathign body, panic in her mind as she picked him up carefully, on the side with his head slightly upwards, held by her other hand so to let him get sufficient air. She used her wings under his body to support the wieght and walked in an uncomfortable position to her ship, letitgn her wings down and layign him onto the ground, where she put a matress down::

Dont die on me now Jeseth, you cant!

::Setting co-ordinates for her home planet where she knew a few herb plants. Shed done this before she had to remember, she jumped into the pilot seat and started the engine, preparing the hyper drive::

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 26th, 2001, 09:07:55 AM
The Dark Jedi stirred in his place, his mind lost into a comatose sleep. As evetything faded away, he could only have wondered if it was the end...

SapphireDragoness
Jun 27th, 2001, 01:16:24 AM
::'Dragons Pride' landed softly, extra softly on the grass layed ground of Alenn, She had not landed at the part she ahd been last time, no moments for that, but near the place where the old healer had once lived in that now as-if-never-been-there cottage that didnt exist anymore. Lifting Jeseth up carefully she voided herself of as much emotion as she could, emotions did not fare well in situations such as these. Grabbing a hebka leaf she grinded it with two near-by rocks and taking off his shirt rubbing it on his chest. She remembered Old Garand doing this, to help someone breath easier she had said. Saphire didnt know if it would help, but she was willing to try.
She went into the ship and took her own supply of bacta, knowing there was no other cure. Saphire felt for his pulse and found a tiny beating, not much but it was suffice. She gave jeseth more Bacta and put some more hebka plant juice on his chest, it seemed to sink in, maybe it did work? he seemed to be breathing slightly easier, if you could call the tiniest weeze an easier breath. If only Old Garand was still alive and here..
The bacta ran out and fear grabbed her mind, no matter how void she was of emotion, what could she do?::

Come ON! Help me here, keep fighting, I cant do this on my own! if you hear me, fight! Keep that heart pumping!

::Saphire closed her eyes knowing there was no way to make things easier but with the hebka juice and the position she had put him in to give maximum breathing potential. All she could do now was wait..and see if he pulled through.
Fear threatened again, but logic had to rule, calmness had to be in charge. Saphire went on with the hebka plant hoping to whatever existed out there jeseth was fighting inside, and that he would forgive her. She wouldnt care if he didnt right now, as long as he lived...
She could have done CPR, but his heart was still working slightly and he was breathign on his own, little breath but enough that if she tampered with it, he would be in trouble::

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 27th, 2001, 04:30:04 AM
His body began to shake violently for a second, and then settled down as he attempt a small gasp for breath. He was trying to come around, but was awakening to a world devoid of sufficient oxygen to sustain him... he couldn't breath in fast enough, despite the relaxed state of his muscles. Everything began to fade once again just as quickly as it had started coming into focus... the skies, the ground... was he dead? Did Yaran die with him? What was going on...

We're not on Vjun anymore, Jeseth

His mind was certain of that much. He wasn't dead... not yet... but soon, he would be unless something more was done. His hand reached down to Saphires', the plant juice on her fingers making his touch slip away from her in a slimy echo of liquid splashing...

SapphireDragoness
Jun 27th, 2001, 04:55:35 AM
::Saphire's head filled with panic and she only knew one thing to do. She put him on his side and checked for breathing, finding none, layed him on his back and performed CPR. He had to live, each blow of breath went into his chest and and each pump breath went out. Her ears strained for a sound of self-breathing, and as time went on, seconds seemed like minutes, time went quickly and so did her fear heighten.
Her mind went overkill until the tiniest pump was felt on Jeseths chest::

Thats it, keep coming..

::Saphire keeps breathing for him, until the breathing restarts::

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 27th, 2001, 05:10:03 AM
The Dark Jedi slowly begins to feel his body moving again, but this time not of hi own free will. The bacta had begun to take effect and his cells were rapidly regenerating themselves... He could breath more, but the air wasn't being taken in by his lungs, it was being forced in by... Saphire. He opened his eyes and noticed her breathing into him, stopping to pump his chest out for air. He could breath again... but his was coughing frantically until she had moved away from him, and then he finally turned over to one and threw up a small amount of the green bacta and plant juice, gasping deeper breaths slowly. She had saved his life, and he didn't know what to say to her... she could have just as easily left him for dead, something which her master's at The Sith Empire would have wanted and perhaps rewarded her for...

SapphireDragoness
Jun 27th, 2001, 05:47:39 AM
:;Saphire sighed in relief as Jeseth spewed over the ground and smiled, he was alive. Thank god, or whatever was there he was alive::

Are you ok? Talk to me. After you wipe your mouth of course.

::Saphire smiles good naturely at jeseth as he wipes his mouth, knowing his concerns. he deserved an answer as to why, she did know of the empires position with the black hand..and its leader::

Look jeseth, I know their going to be angry, possibly even ready to kill me, but I do not forget those who have saved me in the past, or those who I have loyalty towards.

::She knew that did not make half as much sense as it did to her, but it was enough for an answer to his unvoiced question. Her smile wavers as she looks at the ship, and she returns her attentions to jeseth, giving him a squeeze on the shoulder before she got up to prepare a clean top for the dark jedi, it was one of her big jumpers, but it might fit him. Somehow she did not think he'd want to go wherever he was heading with a top covered in vomit. The top was black and would not look peculiar. Unfortunately it had TSE's symbol but there was nothing she could do about that::

Get up when you feel good enough to friend, I am glad your alive. If they want to kill me so be it, but I will not betray a friend. I have a top if you'd like it.

::Nothing in her words reflected to the memory she had just done upon him, she had avoided it purposely, feeling guilty about it. She did not have the right to do it, no matter what that voice had said::

[i]forgive me Jeseth, forgive me..[i]

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 3rd, 2001, 03:26:01 PM
Jeseth nodded to her weakly, breathing in small amounts of air. He felt sick to his stomach and could barely concentrate on her words, but he managed to force himself to regain perspective of the situation.

"You didn't do anything wrong."

At least, I don't think you did.

He could hardly remember what had happened, or even why Yaran was here in this place. Where they were.

"What happened?"

Scratching his head, he could feel a bruise forming along the back of his scalp. He had fallen at some point, obviously. It only took him a few seconds to slip on the shirt he was given, not really caring or even noticing the TSE insignia on it. It was black and fit, and that's all he cared about for the moment. He could change later.

SapphireDragoness
Jul 3rd, 2001, 10:30:08 PM
::Saphire looked at him carefully, he had forgotten what ahd happened. A long silence was held as she turned and looked at the celtic land, where children used to laugh and play silently::

I...gave memories back.

::She didnt know why she told him, but he had the right to know. Her eyes met his and looked away as she knew he had remembered again. She picked up the remnant of the leaves and was abotu to throw them out when she looked at the plant that held the leaves. Using her right hand she grabbed a bunch of them and walked towards her ship, may as well keep them for future reference, or even grow a tree. Almost laughing she knew she was trying to stay off the topic of what she had just done even in her own mind. Gettign a container she put water into it at the water hole and lay the leaves in it, closing the container wiht the lid. This had always kept them fresh.::

::The ship was where it was and Jeseth was still trying to recover, and she looked at him, not knowing what to say, waiting for him to say something, to see if he was angry, upset, confused?::

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 6th, 2001, 04:27:22 PM
He still did feel some confusion, be he knew her and who she had been in his life. It was complicated now... why had she come all this way just for him?

"I'm sorry."

He seemed to be genuinely sad, remorseful for having forgotten her. He could feel the ship moving slightly beneath him now as it lifted up, and he let the hum of the engines fill the awkward silence. What more was there to say... and what did she know that she wasn't telling him?

SapphireDragoness
Jul 8th, 2001, 10:42:42 PM
:;saphire turns towards Jeseth and she smiles softly, regretfully::

it pained you, it hurt you those memories. You werent ready. I dont know what you saw, or how it felt, but i had no right Jeseth, I was playing with natures course.

::She looks at him and sits beside him::

Time would have done what I did, but maybe it was too soon.

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 11th, 2001, 12:23:38 AM
"The laws of nature apply to me no more than do the laws of man."

He narrowed his eyes as he stared at the inner-hull of the ship, then shook off his contempt for the statement.

"I thank you for this, Yaran.... but as you must realize by now, I'm not the same man I was those years ago. In fact, I was still boy..."

Jeseth sighed and pulled himself up using one of the metal edifices protruding from the bulkhead. She was looking at him, probably a bit disappointed.

"Still... your friendship is valuable to me. You're one of my only links to the past, and I just hope I don't lose that, too. It's all clouded for me now..."

There was some disturbance as the ship moved.

"Where are we going..?"

SapphireDragoness
Jul 12th, 2001, 04:49:13 AM
::She laughed at his comment and looked at him before returnign to her controls. Her dissapointed look was one of understanding and lost times but not of dissapomntment::

I realize that Jeseth, I realized that a long time ago, Im not who I was a long time ago either, an innocent woman looking to be a jedi. We both have changed, but I too value the past and I didnt want to lose that.

Where are we going? back to where I found you, I assume your ship is there right?

::She set the ship for hyperdrive, the little R2 unit beeping to let her know all was on go. She had recently named it Sahein, after a lost friend from long ago. She looked at herself, yes she had changed, for better and for worse, but that was life.In the end all you had were memories, but sometimes that was enough::

One more thing Jeseth, if you breath a word to TSE that I did this, It's going to be my liver on Dara's dinner plate. Call on me whenever you need help anyway, I'll answer it.

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 16th, 2001, 03:05:19 PM
Jeseth smiled and nodded, then reached over and kissed her on the cheek from behind. His touch was ice cold, and still near lifeless despite how hard she had worked to bring him back.

"Don't worry, I won't say a word. I'm exceedingly good at keeping quiet... I'll be here too, should you ever need me."

There was a silence about the ship, and it lasted most of the way back to Vjun. Jeseth seemed to be off in distant thought, until he finally tapped her on the shoulder. She turned to him awkwardly, then noticed he was holding something in his gloved hand.

"Take this."

The disk gave off a momentary glare he he handed it to her.

"It's my private comm channel frequency... Don't show it to anyone."

The ship came to a thudding halt as it landed gracefully upon Vjun's rocky surface. They were exactly where they had been almost two days ago. The Dark Jedi pulled himself up along the side of the ship, then slowly stepped outside of the hatch and made his way down the loading ramp. He gave Yaran one last look and half smiled. Life had changed, but it was nice to know some remnants of his past still remained... even if it was only one.

"Until next time, Sapphire Dragoness."