PDA

View Full Version : New Fleet Rules Question

Darth Viscera
Jan 31st, 2001, 07:34:22 AM
I like the new fleet rules just fine, we're getting along well *pats the fleet rules on the head*, there's just one thing which would be nice to change.

"No new tech allowed(ie. NSD's ASD's ect. are out)"

Now, I'm not saying I want to be able to produce something outlandish like an ASD or some other superlaser-wielding ship, it would just be nice to keep the other, more normal designs, like the TIE Devil, TIE Devastator, Hammer-class light cruiser, Fire-Class Light Frigate, Constrainer-class Interdiction picket, Pellaeon class bulk dropship. These ships are in no way unrealistic, and shouldn't be categorized along with the other outlandish contraptions. The largest ship that I'm listing is 285 meters.

Can a change be made to accomodate these designs? I don't want them to die out.

Admiral Jyener
Jan 31st, 2001, 05:16:38 PM
Maybe some sort of limit should be put on researched and developed ships.. Such as no bigger than 20 Km, and no superlasers.. This could allow each major group to at least produce one flagship for their fleets..

Darth Viscera
Jan 31st, 2001, 08:39:32 PM
Yes, but these ships are just like Carrack cruisers and Lancer frigates. We should be allowed to mass produce them.

ReaperFett
Jan 31st, 2001, 08:43:21 PM
I want to know about modifications. Say if you had a Freighter, but covered in lasers. That is a retrofit ship in theory

Admiral Jyener
Jan 31st, 2001, 08:44:49 PM
I understand what you mean.. Personally, researching our own starships (Not massive ones) lets us create something to our liking.. Using our imagination to create something new instead of the same arrowhead Star Destroyers..

Darth Viscera
Jan 31st, 2001, 08:51:42 PM
Exactly. As long as they're not unrealistic, we should be allowed to use our ship designs.

Lucious Zaarin
Jan 31st, 2001, 11:46:05 PM
Merry Christmas!

Admiral Jyener
Jan 31st, 2001, 11:56:16 PM
And happy Nurses Day to you too..

Grand Adm Thrawn
Feb 1st, 2001, 06:35:30 PM
a NSD is realistic :)

i should be able to keep one of em since i did do a 5 month long RPG about em spaning from many threads

bah fine fine

Admiral Jyener
Feb 1st, 2001, 06:47:34 PM
You're the one who made the rules Thrawn.. Why are you complaining..?

Grand Adm Thrawn
Feb 1st, 2001, 06:56:42 PM
who said i liked the rules?

i just set up rules that would solve most of the fleet problems

and that people would agree on

by the rules they do say that if you can roleplay out buildind or searching for ships or new tech then it will be okay.. i did do a long RP to get the NSD so i should be able to keep on right? right?

Admiral Jyener
Feb 1st, 2001, 07:10:07 PM
Yes, I know.. But then again a limit should be put on created ships, so things don't get out of hand.. I suggested some fair changes to you anyways, and you decided to keep things the way they were.. So, I better not hear any complainin from you..

Darth Viscera
Feb 1st, 2001, 10:49:37 PM
A 235 meter cruiser is not a 35,000m thumb of god-class super death machine.

Admiral Jyener
Feb 1st, 2001, 10:56:53 PM
You mean, meters..

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 7th, 2001, 04:56:56 AM
(ttt)