PDA

View Full Version : Seven Planets and A Fleet

DarthPoreon
Jun 5th, 2001, 06:23:15 PM
The Ex-Grand Moff still held the hearts of his men. After receiving news of his expultion, he initiated a new plan.

"I ask of you today to pledge loyalty to me. We are forming our own Empire today."

Poreon opened a comm line to the Diktat.

"Diktat, The Stolen Rogue Alliance has been formed. The Delteon Sector is mine."

DarthPoreon
Jun 5th, 2001, 06:26:59 PM
Poreon flicked a switch and the insignia on the Delteon Sector Fleet was changed to the Courscan Prime Empire logo.

"Diktat, good day to you!"

DarthPoreon
Jun 5th, 2001, 06:33:21 PM
[i]Poreon flicked another switch on his command console on his SSD. The Poreon Exodus drive kicked in. It had been rush installed, only the necessary program override codes being put into the drive.

Poreon now controlled the fabled Emperor Override Command on each ship.

Darth Viscera
Jun 5th, 2001, 06:42:46 PM
His men shouted a decisive, "NO!" and guards came forth, locking the former Grand Moff into a universal energy cage. The Grand Moff had been relieved of command for attempted treason, but had been cought before he could do any damage, and the security systems were still active and controlled by the Diktat. The attempted Poreon Exodus Drive would have taken nearly half a year to install, and so his attempt had failed.

"System lock-down of all ships in Delteon Sector Fleet. Sector fleet is to respond to my command codes only," he spoke into the slave-rig device.

"Commodore Hexes, accompany me."

Hexadragon
Jun 5th, 2001, 07:06:59 PM
After hearing of the success of the small rebellion from a group of gossiping underlings in the hallway, a slight grin comes to Hex's face. His stroll through the hallway increases, creating a much more constant click with every step. His destination - a small hanger on the outskirts of the planet Taliman, within the Thyferra system. As the distance between himself and the hanger quickly cleared - the smell of exhaust filled Hex's lungs...a smell which he personally favored.

As the large blast-doors opened with identification - Hex began to scan the area of the hanger for his personal Lambda-Class Shuttle. Once spotted, he instaneoulsy grabs the merrits of GMA from his coat...and took one good look at them before ripping them onto the ground. He then pummels the sole of his right shoe into them while proceding through the hanger.

He slowly eases his body up the loading ramp, and activates the metal door with yet another access code. After embarking, he paced towards the pilot seat, in which he sat, and began to buckle himself in. Once the door closed and the ramp withdrawed - Hex began to diligintly work his fingers across the control pannels towards his front.

The shuttle then began to extend its wings and lifted-off into the air before exiting through the main entry-way of the hanger. Soon he was outside the atmosphere of the planet and after making a few calculations - entered hyperspace for the Delteon system.

Zorin Hexes
Jun 5th, 2001, 07:11:40 PM
"Very well, my lord." Zorin uttered silently, following the Dikat, a bit more than mildly concerned, it had been merely a few weeks into his active duty, and already he was encountering trouble. Arriving onto the scene, Commodore Hexes glanced to the Ex-Grand Moff, shaking his head. It had been a foolish attempt, and obviously ill planned. Anyone with half of his senses should have known that this attempt to undermine the Empire would have taken far too long to go un-noticed...

"Take him into custody. Poreon," The officers who were present noticed Zorin's use of merely a name, no rank attached, "you are hereby charged with high treason and insubordination, and will be court martialed and sentenced accordingly." The Storm Troopers from the surrounding area rushed ahead, clattering to a stop keeping their rifles trained on the man who now lay in an energy cage on the floor.

Darth Viscera
Jun 5th, 2001, 07:58:19 PM
The shuttle ride had been a silent one. As he stepped down from the boarding ramp, a legion of stormtroopers stood erect on their blast-painted designation markers.

"You may stand at ease," he dictated, and signaled twelve of his praetorians to follow him.

The black-clad elite guards followed him, and the turbolift ride was an awkward one. Finally, the turbolift doors swished open, and he emerged to find Commodore Hexes standing above a caged Poreon. He stepped forward towards the traitor, eyeing him with disgust.

"Traitorous dog....we founded this Empire together. Nearly a decade, and you try to betray me now. There will be no firing squad. There will be no trial. You will die a traitor's death."

He paused, for dramatic effect, and all present looked on him.

"You will burn for this."

He turned about, gesturing to the crew present.

"You will all receive promotions for succeeding in this rather difficult duty. It could not have been an easy choice to make, deciding whom to follow, to become loyal to your traitorous former commander, or the Empire you have served for the past decade. Every man aboard this sector fleet will be given six months' rest and relaxation on Kade, and your pay will be doubled. Your loyalty will be rewarded. I commend you all, and will see to it that the entire Empire recognizes your deeds."

The proclamation was announced throughout the sector fleet by Viscera's head praetorian. The crewers' morale was raised.

Trials. Every new Empire must face its difficulties. This disaster was averted, thank the Emperor. Now is not the time for a Civil War.

The thoughts ran through Viscera's head, and he suddenly felt very, very tired. He would have to seek the Emperor's guidance yet again.

He signaled to Hexes, gesturing to him to step forward. The gleeful shouts of the crewers overwhelmed him, and his head started to ache.

"Commodore Hexes," he started, "I suddenly find myself in need of a Vice Admiral to fill this position at the head of Delteon Sector Fleet. You are it. Your first task is to get these crewers to Kade for their rest, and take on a new crew at Carida," he said, and hoped that Hexes could hear him.

Hexadragon
Jun 5th, 2001, 08:14:56 PM
OOC: How ironical that Hexes was on Poreon's flagship at the time, and that all of the stormtroopers aboard the large SSD which had swore loyalty to Poreon a moment ago turned so easily....

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 5th, 2001, 08:19:36 PM
(ooc) Zorin here. I really don't even know where I was at the time. Viscera addresse me in his post, so I followed.... so... I have no idea!

Darth Viscera
Jun 5th, 2001, 08:25:10 PM
OOC:
Hex: Actually, those stormtroopers were asked by Poreon to pledge allegiance to him, and they responded with a glorious "NO!" And Hexes accompanied me in an advance shuttle, fresh from New Cov. BTW the timeline is 2 weeks after the battle of New Cov, since no one's mentioned it in this thread.

Hexadragon
Jun 5th, 2001, 08:33:27 PM
OOC: It is assumed IC that these men had been under Poreon's command for years and years, and with many triumphs and hard-times(trust builders) - and he did state that he held the hearts of the men. And...for nothing? Is this a new ship anti-mutiny system you have developed? I sense a bit of god-moding within this all. I am not saying that this rebellion is totally unavoidable, but you seem to be overminding this all at tremendous level.

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 5th, 2001, 08:41:06 PM
ooc: Storm Troopers are ore or less mindless clones. They obey the will of the Empire, not the will of their commanding officer. Even if the Naval officers boeyed, the ST's would have opened fire on them and waited for someone to come and get them.

Darth Viscera
Jun 5th, 2001, 08:44:35 PM
OOC: Their allegiance is primarily to the Diktat, as is required and in fact enforced. The crewers are a mixture of clones, conscripts and experienced officers from the old empire. They have been indoctrinated, and they have spent the last decade building an empire.

They are not going to throw away the last decade, their triumphs, their pay, and risk dying for nothing all because one boy is bored OOC!

Hexadragon
Jun 5th, 2001, 09:02:26 PM
OOC: ...Stormtroopers are purely IC, I do not see how you relate them to OOC feeling, emotion - reality.

And if they are mindless drones, why do they need pay if they are simply drones? Why a vacation? Why anything? Thus they do have their own mind - hence emotion. And, any soldier with an active ego can experience emotions such as loyalty, and changes of that emotion, such as loyalty. Naturally, trust and loyalty grows towards one's direct officer rather than the overpowering leader off in some distant land. The more direct the leader is to the troopers, the more the soldiers experience trust towards that leader because they can relate much easier to a situation, and they simply know them at a greater level. And trust eventually boils-down to loyalty.

An example would be a mention from the movie, "Gladiator." In one scene, Maximus truthfully states that his division has direct loyalty to him(rather than the Emperor/Ceaser)...and yes, they all were supposedly united by the ultimate goal of Rome. Even though it may sound strange bringing-up a movie within this, it is painfully relative and demonstrates the situation we are in almost exactly. Even though "Gladiator" was not directly accurate, it does show others' opinions pertaining to this.

Darth Viscera
Jun 5th, 2001, 10:02:16 PM
OOC: And how do you know that Poreon spent an overwhelming amount of time in his fleet, chatting with crewers? For all you know he could have been at Coruscant much of the time, awaiting orders, or at TSE. No offense, but Star Wars doesn't take place in 200 A.D. These days, troops hardly ever see their Generals, as they are back in the rear area, or in Washington. Grand Moff Poreon is a politician/military governor.

No one here has given me any good reason as to why all those crewers would abandon the empire just because one civilian asked them to. Hence, they are still loyal to the empire. Their leader was charged with treason, and removed from command. And let's not forget the security systems. Even if, by some odd miracle, an entire vessel happened to mutiny all at once, the crew would be gassed with dioxycin, and the ship would set auto-pilot to Coruscant or whatever the Imperial capital happened to be to recrew.

Hexadragon
Jun 5th, 2001, 10:15:58 PM
OOC:
He would, at least, command his fleet into combat when required...and that is more attention then they would get from their overlord Emperor/Diktat.

And your 'gas system' would also be faulty. If I'm not mistaken, it seems that the stormtroopers' helms contain gasmasks within them - I doubt that the filtering system within them winds-up not filtering anything. And even if there isn't a gasmask installed within their helm - there would still be gasmasks stored most-likely accesable by the stormtroopers when they began to observe their comrades dropping like flies.

And once they end-up barely living through it all...how much loyalty do you believe they would have for their Diktat once they experienced a kill-attempt by him?

DarthPoreon
Jun 5th, 2001, 11:11:39 PM
OOC: Unless otherwise stated by the AUTHOR of the post, the thread follows the normal SWFans timeline. You are not the author, nor did I specify the timeline. That would mean it coincides with your New Cov thing. Meaning your posts are null and void.

Why shouldn't they respect me? I was the Second in Command of GMA, Grand Moff. They have no reason not to obey my orders.

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 5th, 2001, 11:18:46 PM
Actually, Strom Troopers can't make decisions for themselves. They are genetically raised and fed nothing but Imperial loyalist dogma from the moment of their inception. That is why if you tell a Storm Trooper to walk into certain death, he would willingly do it. The pay and vacation was not for them, it was for the ship crew. The mere mention of munity by any officer (not storm trooper) would have resulted in storm troopers immidiately siezing control of the ship and murdering every former officer within that they identified as a traitor. Another point is that the reason there is no concern for the Strom Troopers having gas masks is because they will never need to be gased.

If Poreon wanted to escape, he would first have to get all Storm Troopers off his ship, then he would have to convince the officers why they should give up their pay (because poreon certainly wouldn't be able to pay nearly 1,000+ crew members regurlarly). Somehow I still don't think it's really plausible.

DarthPoreon
Jun 5th, 2001, 11:33:30 PM
OOC: Whats not plausable about it? I took over a Fleet and seven planets. Thats more than enough to ensure the well being of a few hundred thousand. And the others, well, I'd just throw their bodies into vacuum

Darth Snack
Jun 6th, 2001, 12:18:30 AM
OOC: I really don't want to post in anything concerning fleets wars and whatnot, but since the main people who started this thing, one being Snack's apprentice, and someone who I, oocly, have gotten to know through other roleplaying boards and what not... Logic got the better of me.

Already this post sounds biased, but lets look at facts.

Vis: you said that these RPs here at SWFans aren't taking place in 200 A.D, and you said to look at our time now, with the generals in offices and stuff. Your right. But one thing, Star Wars took place A LONG TIME AGO, meaning, before 200 A.D. The General/Leader of army would be in the thick of the fights. Look at the movies, TPM: had the Gungan Generals in the front lines. ROTJ had the moffs and generals of the Fleet in the front lines of the space battles in their respective war ship.

About the stormtroopers being mindless souls who follow orders for the Empire; Correct. But to them, the Empire is anyone who is above their rank. Moffs, Grand Moffs, Captains, Generals, etc. They would listen to anything they would say, since to them, the higher ranks are the Empire. Jes, you are right when you say that if told, they would walk into a burning death. Well, Poreon was/is/whatever a Grand Moff, second in command, correct? So why would, if said he said to do one thing, would his followers and followers of the Empire (stromtroopers) disrecpect and higher Rank's orders?

And if you retort to this post by saying, "well, Poreon is now ExMoff, so they wouldn't listen to him." Was his being stripped form his title announced to the ENTIRETY of the Empire? Including peasents, soldiers, civilians, and Generals alike? A big news flash, if you will?

I do know that you stripped him because you had that "suspicous feeling" that treason might be up, and yes, given what Poreon did, the suspission should be there. But, is that mere "feeling" something you can use to demote your second in command over? No. He told you, OOC, over AIM, that he would be defecting. So, you knew that he was gonna commit treason, OOC. Know way, IC, did you know he would, therefore, he should never have been Demoted.

And for the IM convo to be IC< both parties have to agree to it being IC. If not, then everything stated is OOC, thus, cannot be used IC.

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 6th, 2001, 12:24:07 AM
(ooc) But you just can't take 7 planets and a sector-fleet in a few posts. It would require mutliple RPs. probably a greta deal of them with you manipulating the minds of your crew and population of your sector into following you over the Diktat and thinking of you as their hero. Much like the Fporce users who have to carry out up 4 or 5 Rps to learn a skill (justifiably) you wouldn't just be able to take an entire Imperial sector the way you had planned. First of all, those seven planets probably wouldn't be loyal to you. Being out of the Empire would mean that they'd lose MAJOR capita and their economy would suffer. You sector could easily fall into a depression the likes of which has never been seen, and I'm sure that the governments on each of these worlds knows this and would never adhere to the policies of a new rebel government. If they wanted that they'd have joined the NR who could better provide economic security and benefits. I have nothing against you taking the fleet and the planets if you do it right, and this wasn't the cleanist planned revolt I've ever seen. At most I can think you might get away with th ship your on if you manage to lie to your crew, get all the Storm Troopers off-board, and head out to some place where your allies can kill any of the crew who won't become a part of your munity...

Darth Viscera
Jun 6th, 2001, 01:00:32 AM
OOC: Poreon was relieved of command before he decided to defect, for not following orders. He knows this, and points it out in his first post. And if Poreon knows, we can assume that the crew of the Sector fleet knows, as the message would certainly be transmitted to every officer aboard the fleet if it were transmitted to Poreon, to make certain he leaves. My posts are valid. And if you want to capture 7 imperial planets through conquest, as well as 220 ships, then you'll have to work at it through a several-hundred post thread as would be expected of ANY enemy of the empire.

Any post which assumes that Poreon can just waltz in and assume command of the enemy's fleet, take their planets will be promptly ignored. If you want any part of the Empire for your little rebellion, you'll have to earn it in the same way that I've spent the last year earning my own. At least when I captured TIE's 2nd fleet, i had spent a week IRL installing modifications to all the ships, and made arrangements to gas the crew.

No, you'll have to work at it. I've backed down from a great many things in the past year, in order to appease people. Not this time.

Hexadragon
Jun 6th, 2001, 07:20:24 AM
So now is when the whole reality bit comes in? When has the civilian population of a planet ever affected an RP in the way it is now? A poor maggot could take a planet if it no one went to stop it, and who says it would have the funds to keep it from poverty?

And as most other officers, Poreon most-likely did gain the loyalty of his men through encounters they have experienced together, as previously stated. Since the fleet is not destroyed, due to the constant victories of Poreon - they would trust him, in sort. And as Hexes said - the flight crew are perfectly human...this would allow them and the officers to become loyal to Poreon above that of the Diktat/Emperor.

DarthPoreon
Jun 6th, 2001, 07:42:53 AM
I spent a day outfitting the ships with just my override codes. 40-60 of those ships are Yt-5700s, which I researched on my own so it has special stuff on it, thus ensuring I have absolute command of the YT series.

I have yet to seeen documented proof other than the Thrawn Tirliogy (which doesn't count) that you have command overrides.

Firebird1
Jun 6th, 2001, 08:02:11 AM
* A shuttle enters the scanning area of the Vessel all of this is taking place, on it Lord Firebird streches his new arm that had just been attached.*
Firebird: It pinches a little...
K9: You'll get used to it sir, the final modifications are yet to be in place,...
Firebird: But the ones I need are there which is good enough...
*Lord Firebird then opens a Comm channel to the ship asking to come aboard, and meet with both parties.*

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 6th, 2001, 02:35:40 PM
(ooc) Bottom line: YOU CAN'T TAKE SEVEN PLANETS AND ENTIRE SECTOR FLEET IN A FEW POSTS SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU SAY YOU EARNED YOUR MEN'S LOYALTY! Show me a thread, or at the very least 15 or 20 of them, in which you have earned your officer's loyalties. Show me a thread in which you have risen above the Diktat anbd the Emperor in the eyes of the people. Then I will not object, and RP along with you. I have no problem if you do RP and take all of this (hey, it's only fair that if you earn it, then you can take it) but as it stands you haven't earned the right to take even 60 ships, where it usually takes anywhere from 50 to 60 posts to steal even one capital ship. The YT series might be plausible, but the Star Wars Universe shows that (through EU) all Imperial Ships respond directly to Imperial Command. If Viscera (who c0onstructed these ships) chooses to say that the technology is there, then it is. Now if you constructed these shi[ps, then you can more easily begint o assume they don't have the security installed. But if they don't have security installed, then what's the point of replacing the drives and computer cores? You're simply playing by your own rule when you see fit to do so. If you want, IM me and we can talk in a chat with Visc, maybe work out an actual way to RP out your defection and give you a good chance to break even and possibly even take something, but the method in which you're currently trying to do this just isn't even plausible.

Cizerack Hunter Forces
Jun 6th, 2001, 02:56:29 PM
OOC: Not to mention, Viscera has mentioned this command override feature before. He isn't suddenly implementing it now.

Firebird1
Jun 6th, 2001, 05:35:36 PM
OOC: I think it's time to put the OOC nonsense away and RP this thread. Oh and Vic, let me into the ship or I'll do it myself.

DarthPoreon
Jun 6th, 2001, 05:38:51 PM
OOC: Sorry Firebird, but I want to respond to Jeseth since he's not on AIM right now.

Viscera wouldn't even let me attempt to defect. You saw how he closed my shipyard thread...

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 6th, 2001, 05:41:49 PM
(ooc) Someone should move this thread to OOC.

Firebird1
Jun 6th, 2001, 06:12:07 PM
No it should go back into the RP forum and be RPed.
There is already an OOC thread for it, and why should we need it in here. Just because a few people have problems doesn't mean that we can't RP it and then argue about it.
Move this thread back to where it belongs or I'll RP it here. And you all don't want me to do that.....

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jun 6th, 2001, 06:18:01 PM
I only see about seven IC posts in this thread in realation to 24 OOC ones, which in my opinion means it belongs here.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 6th, 2001, 06:24:03 PM
If all parties agree to the OOC clean up and work to RP it out with no arguing then it can be moved back.

Firebird1
Jun 6th, 2001, 06:27:10 PM
Well there is a thread for the OOC stuff already, so all you really needed to do was delete the ooc posts and leave it there.

All this means that Poeron can defect anytime he decides to and can use what was revealed in this thread to help him.

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jun 6th, 2001, 06:30:16 PM
Posts will not be deleted without proper consent of the authors.

Firebird1
Jun 6th, 2001, 07:11:55 PM
OOC: You can delete mine, I was just waiting for an answer which I can do IC.

IC: *Lord Firebird awaits an answer from Vic to let him enter the ship.*

Darth Viscera
Jun 6th, 2001, 09:27:37 PM
OOC: Sorry firebird, I'm just now seeing your posts. Haven't been online since 4am this morning or so. And it was ten hours, not a day. Not that it matters. Those modifications would have needed to have gone on past the ides of July, most likely. Even if you're "Only installing the necessities".

IC:
"State your intentions, Firebird. I should warn you, however, that the prisoner will not be seeing any visitors."

He transmitted the reply, motioned to an aide to prep Docking Bay 3.

Firebird1
Jun 7th, 2001, 08:17:24 AM
*Lord Firebird sends his reply.*
Very well Dikat, I come to speak with you. It seems that you are having a problem that is affecting your fleet. And remember it is Lord Firebird. Last time I checked you were no longer a member of The Sith Empire.

Darth Viscera
Jun 7th, 2001, 07:53:56 PM
OOC:Firebird, this thread is pretty much invalid now. if you wish, speak to Poreon on AIM about making an appearance in the heartless thread.