PDA

View Full Version : RP idea

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2001, 08:05:44 PM
has anyone ever thought about having a tournament?? it could be either plain fighting or jedi vs. sith. but i think it would be a great idea just wondering if others would do it.

Dyne Darkforce
Jun 15th, 2001, 08:11:51 PM
There have been large fights with Jedi and Sith all at the same place. I am not sure if there was a tournament with both groups.

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2001, 08:19:30 PM
well...i am not sure about the rest of y'all but i think that would be pretty cool just to see who had the strongest warriors.

ReaperFett
Jun 15th, 2001, 08:58:41 PM
there was one. It died at the end. Wouldnt do another, Id rather get a decent characterisation first

Shade Magus
Jun 15th, 2001, 09:12:57 PM
oh..well i just thought it would be fun.

Jedah Lynch
Jun 15th, 2001, 09:18:53 PM
Its been done like Fett said but near the end with only four people left (yours truly included) it died out.

Was fun to a degree and ever now and then people ask for another but usually any attempt never takes off, the tournament the first major one at least had people who didnt rspond or were gone often enough to bring things to a crawl.

There is or was a Jedi tournament being planned or asked for after the Sith started to create one, not sure of its status, as for the Sith tournament due to some changes the brackets are going to need to be redone again, more likly from scratch.

ReaperFett
Jun 15th, 2001, 09:24:31 PM
the big thing is time. Say if someones comp breaks for 5 days. Its harsh to kick them out, but they delay the entire tourney. Is that fair?

Jedah Lynch
Jun 15th, 2001, 10:00:12 PM
Agreed.

Real Life matters pop up easily and depending on what the situation is a person might not post for some time.

Thats what makes doing these tournaments (and some planned RPs) so tough to do often enough.

For the Sith tournament there will be some sort of time limit to deal with the matter, for someone not posting over five days (unless there is a good reason) is just ridicious, so several days will more then likly be allowed, however if someone does not post in the time they will be disqualified so things can move on.

Jyanis Scorpion
Jun 15th, 2001, 11:07:49 PM
And even long before the most recent one there was another. It died out when there were only 8 left.