PDA

View Full Version : RP Council

Rama Sha
Jun 22nd, 2001, 12:07:51 PM
Now that a thread has been started, I thought it was a good time to throw an idea thats been running around in my mind on to the table.

And RP council. A group that votes. debates, and decideds all rules regarding SWFANS Roleplaying.

One Memeber from each reconized group, elected by their own members to sit on this council. I think this would make ppl stop feeling like the power that be are alligned against them. Every group would have a say in all decsions concerning the Rp. And no I don't mean make all of them ADms. I don't mean give any of them ADM powers. But Adm power would only be used to like stop trolls and ppl posting bad stuff. But Actions directly concerning the Rp......then the Adms would answer to this council.

Well...........what do you think?

(And if you hate it just say so.....don't twist around till it's nothing like it orginal princpal. Just say you don't like it. Thank you.)

ReaperFett
Jun 22nd, 2001, 12:32:35 PM
Im indifferent on it. I dont like the idea I wont be heard, but I like the fact there would be slightly more balanced arguments

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Jun 22nd, 2001, 12:44:16 PM
I am against anything that makes group reps the only shot-callers for RP procedures here. Quite a few characters are non-group, and have just as many good ideas as those that might represent a collection of people. I don't think they should be misrepresented, and although our little village forum method is a bit chaotic and disorganized, its better than depriving some of that voice entirely...for better or for worse.

So no...I'm not big on the idea.

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jun 22nd, 2001, 01:27:38 PM
I’m with Cirr on the idea as it has been suggested. Too many independents with just as many good ideas.

Though this proposal gives me a good opportunity to mention an idea Sumor mentioned to me, which I think I like. A fleet council at SWFans, that can come to decisions on RPs and rules, with representatives from each group.

I don’t think this will effect the independents as much as they aren’t a big part in the fleet scene.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Jun 22nd, 2001, 01:42:12 PM
Now THAT ain't a bad idea.

ReaperFett
Jun 22nd, 2001, 01:43:47 PM
but why is it we have one on fleets, but not other? In a way, you are still then getting one or twos opinions

GuardPiett
Jun 22nd, 2001, 03:27:31 PM
Fleet council? Sounds good. Same GM concept, but without the GM.

Jedah Lynch
Jun 22nd, 2001, 04:08:03 PM
Not sure I'm for the fleet council either.

As it is the same thing you said about Ramas idea fits into that, if anything that is painful obvious from the fleet goings on is some people (not all) are trying to get a certain amount of power or prestigue from those talks.

As it is that would be putting some people who would use it for their own benefit into a position of power. It would be just another position for someone to brag about or try to act big on for their ego.

Darth Turbogeek
Jun 22nd, 2001, 06:45:47 PM
As I've long said, there is no need for rules as long as there is a good dose of common sense and fairplay. I still say that. In that context I would say I dont see the need for a "Council". As I see it, it would be an invite for more bitching and arguing as it was formed and I believe it would be eliteist. If the rules are needed then everyone should be involved.

It's unfortunante rules are needed anywhere for park of roleplaying. I just say the only rule needed is to use common sense and fairplay, nothing more. But..... oh well.

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 22nd, 2001, 09:46:14 PM
I don't like the idea too much. I also think it could become elitest far too easily. In addition, there really doesn't have to be a council to tell me how I can and can't RP.

Darth Viscera
Jun 22nd, 2001, 10:17:18 PM
Fleet council sounds good.

FightingChance
Jun 23rd, 2001, 12:11:10 AM
Although, deep down in my heart I wish to say yes, I will say no. Because I have two characters, Traest Kre'fey and Ryan Pode, who are fleet, but rouge. Kre'Fey(2k) got his ship couristy of the NR. Heheh. And Podes (103meters) couristy of Death Fleet paying for it and TSE making it. My final answer: No

PraetoriteYominCarr
Jun 23rd, 2001, 08:43:19 PM
Nuh-uh. We only need one person to handle this.

Rama Sha
Jun 24th, 2001, 01:23:22 AM
One Person? What one Person do you mean?

Anyways.....this isn't about making rules or about being elite. There wasn't any mention of this council making rules. It's to be used to descide what is and isn't within the set rules already established. A lot of time the rules are set to whatever someone makes of them and then it falls to an Adm to make the final descison. Witch isn't always liked by to many. If a group of ppl representing a cross section of the Swfans RP made the decsion then it would be to be a prone to be in question.

Now if it becomes an elitist then that is the fault of the indviudal groups who elected these ppl. It isn't a Im popular I get to be on the Council. You must be elected to the postion.If the members of ever group elect ppl with big egos who think they are the shitz(like myself) Then it very well could become an elitist club. You would just have to put your faith in the ppl.......what they do with it is beyond one persons control.

And whats the differnce between a fleet and a general Rp. The General Rp would have several members from groups with mainly fleet goals. The same issuies would be addressed and taken care of wiether it was a Fleet or General Council. Why must fleet rpers answer to a council if things are in question, but other do not. But as is now.....some ppl have swing around here and some don't. It couldn't become anymore of an elitist club. But at least ppl wouldn't be pointing the finger at one or two ppl.

ANd it would be nice if every persons could come and be in the council........but it's just not possible. It's why the ancient Romans had a senate.....why the US has the Three House......why Britan has Parilament. They elect ppl to speak on the behave of the ppl as awhole. A Democracy that has thousands of ppl voting in hundreds of differnt ways is a democracy that doesn't get anything done. SWFANS has just become to large and many ppls voices get lost in the sea of voices cause there are just to many. If there were like only a handful of ppl who Rped here then it would be east for everyone to speak their minds and be heard. Hell I was around when it was like that........but it isn't anymore.

Rama Sha
Jun 24th, 2001, 01:25:22 AM
Damn..........no edit button.....=\

Anyways.......If you ppl don't like it, and don't want to use this system. Then thats fine by me. No skin of my ass really. This was a just a suggestion I thought would be helpful.

PraetoriteYominCarr
Jun 25th, 2001, 11:27:57 AM
There are people on the boards that could handle fleet problems with more poise and ease than a council. People just can't be on 24/7. A council needs to vote- that could be several days before an ultimatum is reached. And if one is missing, and the others vote- why, the one may likely be pissed.