PDA

View Full Version : Fleet question: stall-building

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Jul 8th, 2001, 01:55:16 PM
I was wondering, what is the status as far as this? By stall-building, I mean when a numerically-inferior force intentionally refuses to reply to a fleet thread so that they can wait until their fleet construction produces enough ships to counter the attack.

Say an attacking force has 20 ships, and a defending force has 2. Is it right to have the defending force not respond to the thread in any conclusive way until they can build ships in realtime in their construction forums? Say they wait a week without really responding, and come back with 50 ships to the attacker's 20. Is it just me, or does this debunk the entire premise of fleet RPing? I would think that the fight would have to be limited to what was already constructed at the time of the thread's start.

Just something I wanted clarification on.

Darth Viscera
Jul 8th, 2001, 01:58:34 PM
I agree with you. The fight should be limited to what ships have been constructed at the time of the beginning of the thread, unless the appropriate time has passed IC.

Daemon Hyfe
Jul 8th, 2001, 02:04:51 PM
I thought the attacker was required to wait for two OOC days for a response and then attack at will if noone responded?

Anyhow, yes, it certainly does seem silly for someone to be able to do that. Only ships already through construction should be allowed to participate in a thread after it's first post by each opposing force.

Khendon S
Jul 9th, 2001, 02:42:39 PM
Agreed.

Gav Mortis
Jul 9th, 2001, 04:28:02 PM
It might seem unfair if one group has more ships than another but hey, thats life! I mean the Rebels weren't able to postpone an Imperial attack until they had more ships.

Daemon Hyfe
Jul 9th, 2001, 06:19:42 PM
I can picture that:

"Time out guys! You have to wait and stop dominating the galaxy so that we can catch up! Don't attack us yet!"

Darth Varlon
Jul 9th, 2001, 06:41:23 PM
I could see a group ignoring it for a day to have whatever ships that will be completed for the 2nd day of waiting to be availible before acknowledging, but anything beyond that, rediculous.

Darth Viscera
Jul 9th, 2001, 07:00:18 PM
LoL Hyfe. Oh wait...ahhh nuts. :(

Daemon Hyfe
Jul 10th, 2001, 01:37:10 PM
...? That went right over my head, Visc.

Khendon S
Jul 11th, 2001, 07:25:34 PM
LOL! You described GMA, dominating the galaxy.

Lord Gue
Jul 11th, 2001, 09:34:24 PM
Realisticaly, what about those ships that would have been completed at the time of the battle, and could reasonably reach the battlefield without testing in say 5 min?

Darth Varlon
Jul 11th, 2001, 09:36:27 PM
I could see a group ignoring it for a day to have whatever ships that will be completed for the 2nd day of waiting to be availible before acknowledging, but anything beyond that, rediculous.
I believe I gave my take on that already, Gue o.o

Lord Gue
Jul 11th, 2001, 09:50:31 PM
Sorry, im in a hurry to post what i can when i can and i didnt read all the posts, my appologies

Daemon Hyfe
Jul 11th, 2001, 09:57:14 PM
Yes, well no one really wants to read your posts anyways - other than to see what dumb ass thing you've said now, so don't bother.

Force Master Hunter
Jul 11th, 2001, 10:51:11 PM
Please do not slang off someone here like that please.

Darth Varlon
Jul 12th, 2001, 12:12:23 AM
It happens, Gue. Just thought I would point it out s'all. At least I wasn't thinking alone on that tangent.