PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an RP...

Gurney Devries
Jul 17th, 2001, 08:02:32 PM
for a Jedi Padawan with next to zero Force training? Come come now... You Sith are always complaining that the Jedi don't do anything. Well, here's one offering to participate. I'd prefer something other than a simple fight thread, however.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 18th, 2001, 01:09:56 AM
*crickets*

Sieken Kasstra
Jul 18th, 2001, 01:13:49 AM
*Bottle Nose Dolphines*...or is this not a animal show....??

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 18th, 2001, 10:29:27 AM
I have a few things in mind if you're interested. I'll contact you over Private Message. :)

Gurney Devries
Jul 18th, 2001, 02:32:13 PM
Wow.... glad to see that someone is willing to help a new character get involved.

Do you have an AIM screename that I could contact you under?

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 18th, 2001, 02:44:53 PM
Well, I like to keep my screen name private, but if you post yours I'll drop you an IM.

Gurney Devries
Jul 18th, 2001, 02:58:13 PM
:|

I was hoping to keep mine from becoming public knowledge, but oh well...

It's "Mentat Paradigm"

Daemon Hyfe
Jul 18th, 2001, 04:08:19 PM
Gurney, I want you to know that I sat here for nearly 20 minutes trying to remember what your quote was from. I hadn't really paid attention to your username, so I didn't catch the reference to "Gurney Halleck" there. But when you posted your AIM adrdress (Mentat Peradigm) it finally got through to me. It's from one of the greatest novels ever written of course! Dune!

GREAT book. Although so far I've only read the first two. I've been reading the original version of Robert Heinlens Stranger in a Strange Land for quite some time now. Very good, but VERY long. I can see why it was watered down in the original publishing.

Anyhow, are you a fan of Frank Herbert? Have you read all 4 of the Dune books, and the two prequel books by his son?

Emperor Shimi
Jul 18th, 2001, 04:33:45 PM
I thought of Mr. Hallack immediately when I saw your name.

And if you're looking for a non-fight RP encounter with a Dark Jedi, let me know :evil:

Gurney Devries
Jul 18th, 2001, 04:54:16 PM
Anyhow, are you a fan of Frank Herbert?No, I despise him. That's why I chose this account name, have a quote from the first book in my sig, and have an AIM screename making a referance to the books. :p
Have you read all 4 of the Dune booksThere are six, actually:

Dune
Dune Messiah
Children of Dune
God Emperor of Dune
Heretics of Dune
Chapterhouse: Dune

I haven't even bothered with the prequel novels (there's a third one coming out, btw), seeing as how they're co-written by Kevin J Anderson. :x

Daemon Hyfe
Jul 18th, 2001, 05:00:03 PM
Hmph. I'll have to go searching some more for Heretics of Dune and Chapterhouse: Dune. Never even heard of them before. And I think I'm going to skip the prequels as well. My experiences with KJA haven't been all that great.

Have you ever read anything by Robert A. Heinlen? The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Stranger in a Strange Land etc. I may be mistaken, but I believe he also wrote Starship Troopers. It's a shame to see what they did with that... I can only pray every night that LOTR will KICK ASS!!

Gurney Devries
Jul 18th, 2001, 05:05:07 PM
And if you're looking for a non-fight RP encounter with a Dark Jedi, let me knowSure, drop me a line on AIM.

Gurney Devries
Jul 18th, 2001, 05:19:33 PM
I've read Stranger in a Strange Land and Starship Troopers.
I can only pray every night that LOTR will KICK ASS!! In my experience, books usually don't translate well into movies. Especially not for those people who are fans of the book in question. The only exceptions to this rule that I can think of off the top of my head are Interview With the Vampire (the best BtM, in my opinion) and movies based off of Stephen King novels.

ReaperFett
Jul 18th, 2001, 05:22:49 PM
STarship Troopers the move was better, less opinionated

Daemon Hyfe
Jul 18th, 2001, 07:06:22 PM
Well, thanks for putting in your opinion. Now I know better than to listen to your judgement on anything. :lol:

Lady DeVille
Jul 19th, 2001, 04:20:10 AM
:lol: better duck next time Fett, he's packing heat!

Starship Troopers SUCKED MY TINY WHITE @$$! What a waste of time and energy.

And I love the LotR, and if it gets messed up, I'll run over and kill all responsible. Okay, not really...but they had better not tempt me... I know its not going to be as good, but they could at least stick with the story.

Wolfgang Schreiger
Jul 19th, 2001, 10:10:53 AM
I liked Starship Troopers :)