PDA

View Full Version : Reysa Sashara - Pers pic/Sig limit

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 20th, 2001, 08:51:15 PM
You need to either reduce the personal pic for your profile, or drop it completely. Its byte size, added with that of your signature exceeds the limit set here at SWFans. 30KB

Please take care of this so that extreme measures, such as disabling personal pics, do not have to be implemented.

This applies to anyone I have warned over the last few days as well.

Thanks to those of you whom have already addressed it.

DarthNuriko
Jul 20th, 2001, 10:05:43 PM
And did you happen to post something like this concerning one of my characters as well and was I neglectful or was it somehow easier to <a href=http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=3904.topic>edit up a storm</a>? :|

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 20th, 2001, 10:30:47 PM
Yep, I did edit one of your character's posts as well, as it was also over the limit. Images can easily be re-edited back into a thread and will be left there, if they are in compliance with the standards, which apply to everyone.

The reason I posted this thread specifically is this: I edited and warned Reysa of this in a thread here in OOC, which I know he saw because he re-edited the post. Yet he then proceeded to post in another half dozen or so topics here, with the same account and with the same images, ignoring my warning. This is his second warning. If not heeded, it will result in harsh restrictions.

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 20th, 2001, 10:51:49 PM
Furthermore Nuri, let me appologize for having dulled the atmosphere or ruined that thread for you and Ryu, with all the editing I did. I am sorry I did not catch the sig size issues with his sig,and your own earlier. That was my error, which I admit.

DarthNuriko
Jul 20th, 2001, 11:01:04 PM
Easy for me but not for Ryu, who has all those edited posts and lovely "Sig and personal pic over 30 whatever blah blah" all over the place as if he couldn't read it once. His Ezcodes couldn't even be kept in tact.

DarthNuriko
Jul 20th, 2001, 11:03:36 PM
Sorry. Didn't see your last post there. As a note, I know have other sigs in violation and will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 20th, 2001, 11:05:11 PM
:: hides in shame, fully scolded, murmuring. :: :p

I’ll remember to be more cautious next time. I was pretty tired when I did it, and didn’t pay close attention. Not an excuse but an explanation. =/ Sorry Ryu.

Gurney Devries
Jul 21st, 2001, 12:13:33 AM
(Pets Ogre on the head and gives him a cookie)

^__^

Reysa Sashara
Jul 21st, 2001, 02:19:32 AM
aplogies to you Orge...its done

Ryu Warusa
Jul 21st, 2001, 09:37:40 AM
Grr, I had to lower the quality of it, I don't understand why SWfans has that size limit. It would really only affect someone with say... a 14.4 modem.

Gurney Devries
Jul 21st, 2001, 12:10:10 PM
When, say, 5 people post in a thread with their 30k signatures, that adds up quickly.

Seeing as how most dial-up users get download speeds of around 4-5k/sec, waiting for a 150k download just to load a thread can get tedious.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 21st, 2001, 01:44:44 PM
27k total mwhhahahah.

Im on 56k right now *cries* *kicks his dead DSL modem*

Teka Kenobi
Jul 21st, 2001, 05:27:20 PM
Can one..uh..compress..an image? The urls of my sigs are as follows and 3 out of 14 are the right size.

www16.brinkster.com/ferg/sig1.jpg (http://www16.brinkster.com/ferg/sig1.jpg) through to www16.brinkster.com/ferg/sig14.jpg (http://www16.brinkster.com/ferg/sig14.jpg)

check out number 12. I like that one :p

Anyways as I was saying can I compress these somehow?