PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for new shipbuilding rules

Darth Viscera
Feb 5th, 2001, 01:36:59 PM
Shipyards

All shipyards are 40km

Shipyards build 2.0km/week

Number of yards per faction:

The New Republic is allowed 5 Shipyards total. If another Jedi/NR-sympathetic faction springs up, it will be allowed to maintain 2 shipyards IF it has 4 members or more.

Imperial Factions are allowed 3 Shipyards

Other Factions (Sith, Vong, Gungan, Jedi, ect.) are allowed 2 Shipyards

Note-to be deemed a faction you must have 4 members or more.

------

Special Starships/Projects

No superlaser-wielding ships allowed (i.e. NSD's ASD's ect. are out). If you wish to have a starship with an onboard superlaser, you must RP it, and there will be a 90 day construction period. World devastators require an RP, and take 90 days for 3 units. No ships bigger than an SSD unless you RP it and wait 90 days. Death Stars take 90 days and you must RP it. Galaxy Guns take 90 days, and you must RP it. Each 90-day project uses 1 shipyard for those 90 days, so you cannot use it that 1 shipyard to build anything else during that time.

If you prove that you can role play very well in making or using any of the above stated you may do so.
------

Battle Rules

You must allow your enemy 36 hours to reply to your posts.

You must first weaken a ships shields/hull over 4 posts before being able to destroy it

Fighters may be destroyed in 5 posts by a .8-1.6km ship, in one post if done by a 5KM ship or larger

*note if a fighter is a fighter pilot character it may not be destroyed but only disabled unless both parties agree on the kill.

Dog fights between fighters, you can not destroy a fighter with a fighter unless agreed by both parties(allowed to disable over 6 posts)

-----

Other

You can never destroy a planet.

Use your own judgment when role playing, these rules are not stone

Have fun, winning isn’t everything

-----

Down sizing-start only

All groups must down size 60% per ship type. All starships greater than 2km no longer exist.
Example:

Before Downsizing:
Imperial Star Destroyers-22
Victory Star Destroyers-31

After Downsizing:
Imperial Star Destroyers-9
Victory Star Destroyers-12

One SSD will be awarded for every 10 Imperial Star Destroyers that exist after downsizing, but this is one-time. If you have 55 ISDs after downsizing, then you will be given 5 SSDs, but if you build 5 more ISDs later, you will not be given a 6th SSD.

Down sizing will be supervised by a designated person agreed upon at swfans.net to make sure the fleets are fair.

Super Star Destroyers are 12.8km long and take 30 days to construct using one shipyard.

-----------------------------------------

Darth Viscera
Feb 5th, 2001, 01:46:28 PM
Please post your comments. The reason for my suggestion that Imp/NR shipyard quantities be equalized is due to recent events: 2 New Republic factions, 2 Jedi factions. Seeing as how there are only 3 Imperial factions currently, that seems to be fair. AKA: GMA, TGE/D, SIN, TSE, TSO vs. GJO, TJC, NR, Shadow Fleet, Shadow Order. RPers are always allowed to create new groups, of course. Nothing prevents them, so long as their group contains 4 members or more.

ReaperFett
Feb 5th, 2001, 01:53:38 PM
NJC cant count. it is completely out of the shipfights and assualts

Darth Viscera
Feb 5th, 2001, 01:58:14 PM
Alright, then how about 4 shipyards for the NR, 3 for the GJO? If Shadow Fleet gets up to 4 members that are different people, it could have 3 shipyards, but the NR and the GJO would be special cases.

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Feb 5th, 2001, 09:03:59 PM
4 NR and 3 TGE sounds good to me I suppose. But I am much more in favor of 2 KM per week than 4. One problem I'm facing here is that the -usual- NR fleet commanders (Yog and Boricua play Ackbar when needed) don't seem to be around much the last couple weeks, so I don't know how much input they've had into this.

I still have a few misgivings about these rules that I'll post in the other thread.

Darth Viscera
Feb 6th, 2001, 06:11:57 AM
2 it is. And the other thread is about the other rules. This thread is about a suggestion for modification of those to alleviate some of the problems and questions many are facing.

DarthDarkCloak
Feb 6th, 2001, 08:59:04 AM
I agree, you have my vote........

Darth Viscera
Feb 6th, 2001, 11:34:49 AM
An amendment I'm thinking of:

If a navy is found to contain 15% or fewer ships which are 1.4km-2.0km, then 40% of that group's ships which are 2km in length or greater will be converted to ships of the group's choosing so long as they are 2.0km or less. Those converted ships will be considered downsized. Any remaining ships which are 2km in length or greater will be discarded.

Admiral Jyener
Feb 6th, 2001, 11:52:20 AM
In my opinion I feel that that is harsher than a 60% downsize. You're basically leveling out every fleet to be around the same size, with the same kind of ships. Not only would that version of downsizing be a little confusing, but dull. We should be able to choose which ships we want to discard.

Darth Viscera
Feb 6th, 2001, 11:58:13 AM
Better?

Admiral Jyener
Feb 6th, 2001, 12:00:24 PM
Sounds good.. It could work..

Darth Viscera
Feb 7th, 2001, 10:12:19 AM
Does anyone have anything else to add in? If not, I'll consult with LL, and if he gives me the thumbs up, I'll see if some groups will accept it.

Sith Summoner
Feb 7th, 2001, 02:07:40 PM
I'm not stating an opinion either way. Just asking a question.

When you say "Ships over 2Km no longer exist." this excludes SSD's at 12.5 right?

Edit: Also what about tech that has been developed already? Do we have to scrap all those types of ships if they are under 2Km?

Darth Viscera
Feb 7th, 2001, 03:25:25 PM
Ships over 2km no longer exist, save for the SSDs that you are awarded per every 10 ISDs, and the SSDs that you spend 1 month building in a shipyard from now on.

If the ship is under 2km, and the modifications are not too drastic, -AKA it can destroy a ship 2-3 times its size, or it has a superlaser- then it still exists. As long as it's realistic.

Admiral Jyener
Feb 7th, 2001, 04:08:50 PM
What if we had 10 ships similar in power or size to an ISD. Would that still earn us one SSD?

Darth Viscera
Feb 7th, 2001, 04:36:03 PM
anything that's 1.4-2.0km counts as an ISD

FightingChance
Feb 7th, 2001, 07:57:10 PM
I think that by making everything so strict it dampens the fun..I think the downsize is a little much and the SSD rule is harsh...

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Feb 7th, 2001, 09:32:54 PM
I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised to find how UNrestrictive these guidelines are if/once they are put into practice.

What exactly do you feel is harsh about the SSD rule? Is it the ratios? I admit I'm much more concerned about the battle rules than the building rules, but workable alternatives are still welcome.

FightingChance
Feb 7th, 2001, 09:50:34 PM
Look at Iceheart (in the books) She had 2 ISD II's and a VSD! plus her SSD. I think that one SSD for every 10 ISD's is harsh! I mean DF has 4 SSDs, 1 SoSD, 2 ESD's. We've spent a long time building them. And now we have to scrap them because some people are picky about fleets gaining power?! I think that is just bull.
People should pick and choose what they want to scrap! As long as it's resonable like 2 small ships for ever SSD, 3 for SoSD, 4 for ESD.

Plus one thing noone really looks at is planets. You need planets for food and fuel and troops. And upkeep. You need these stuff so you won't die..I think there should be rules one these. Everyone will have to own a farm planet or so for every 20 million people. A factory planet for every 1 million people, and a city planet for every 1 million people. For every 10 Million Kilometers of Ship you'll need 3 planets, one abundant in metal, one abundant in gases, one abundant in other materials. Plus you need equiptment. So that costs money. Plus you need some defenses for your citizens or they'll revolt. Plus you need a major export trade so you can get money. Ways to do this are through dummy corps to trade with the NR. With stuff like that you will be using your home board more often and will be able to actually have terrortory.

Darth Viscera
Feb 7th, 2001, 10:04:53 PM
What they don't mention in the books is the many support ships which are required to accompany larger capital ships. For every 1 ISD or so, there are 10-15 fleet tenders, and many smaller capital ships.

The Empire is aware of the necessity of planets. Thyferra is under its control, so they dictate the cost of bacta throughout the entire galaxy in their favor. An agrarian planet like Ukio would be expected to have a population of at least 2 billion if fully developed, a factory planet 10 billion, and a trade hub (city planet) up to 25 billion. Last month it was necessary to devote 562 Imperial armored divisions to one Imperial planet to keep its populace under control.

FightingChance
Feb 7th, 2001, 10:42:19 PM
Sheesh!

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Feb 7th, 2001, 11:02:58 PM
To a point, you're right. 10 to 1 is harsh. But things are so insane that we need to be harsh. The fact that the people who have the most big ships are willing to trash them is a definite sign that they ALL recognize the problem, not just a few of us "nitpickers".

But on the other hand, DF is a really small fleet by comparison. I don't think the same numbers need to apply to you. To keep things fair to everyone, even you need to lose the big-mother ships, but you don't have nearly as many to begin with. How's 5 to 1?

FightingChance
Feb 7th, 2001, 11:28:53 PM
Ok...I'll have to check with Jyenaer Celchu

Darth Viscera
Feb 8th, 2001, 07:05:09 AM
How many ships do you have that are 1.4-2.0km? We'll make it a special case, and make certain that Death Fleet maintains 1 or 2 SSDs.

Admiral Jyener
Feb 8th, 2001, 05:43:11 PM
How come it's all about Death Fleet all of a sudden? I really don't mind losing about a half dozen small ships, or any kind of ships for that matter. I'm just sticking up for those other small fleets. Now, some of the bigger ships like SSDs, we use them as command ships for different task forces. And each task force is evened out.

To answer your question Viscera, check here (http://pub8.ezboard.com/bdeathfleet) and look for yourself. All ships are listed under the Task Force forums.

Darth Viscera
Feb 8th, 2001, 05:52:48 PM
Alright, it looks good. Not much downsizing needed there. You could probably change it to the following:

Task Force One
SSD Luna Eclipse
DSD Grey Meteor
ISD Silver Moon
ISD Iron Fist
EC Tyrant
EC Tyrant II

Task Force Two
SSD HellFire
ISD2 Dark Vigilant
ISD2 Dark Vigilant III
ISD2 Sithspawn
DSD Entrapment
SC Conquest
SC Extinguisher
DN Bastille
DN Necromancer

Task Force Three
SSD Crimson Storm
ISD Dragon's Pride II
ISD Dragon's Pride III
IC Black Ice
IC Entrapment
NB2F Swift Fire II
NB2F Swift Fire III

Task Force Four
SSD Black Thrust
ISD Scream I
ISD Scream III
ISD Scream IV
EC Hive I
EC Hive II
IC Yank
IC Magnet

And consider it downsized. It's not solely about Death Fleet. It's about all fleets.

Darth Viscera
Feb 8th, 2001, 05:54:51 PM
Are there any more changes I need to make?

Admiral Jyener
Feb 8th, 2001, 05:58:32 PM
If you say so..

Do all shipyards have to be 40 Km..?
Will there be a time frame for repair yards to repair ships, or do we repair them according to what we believe is fair..?

Darth Viscera
Feb 8th, 2001, 06:39:34 PM
Yes. 40km to make it simplet. 400m/day for repair yards.

Admiral Jyener
Feb 8th, 2001, 07:07:45 PM
Do we upgrade the shipyards not already 40 Km, or get rid of them..?

FightingChance
Feb 8th, 2001, 08:35:16 PM
Bye black thrust..oh well my new ship is nearly done..

Darth Viscera
Feb 9th, 2001, 01:51:42 AM
upgrade, but make certain you don't exceed your allocated yards.

Dead Thread Fan Man
Jul 26th, 2001, 08:34:47 PM
Don't worry, dear, dear, useless and unfollowed rules. You don't deserve to be the next deleted thread! I shall save you. Strap in for page one!