PDA

View Full Version : The problem with me and RPing

Elena Balthazar
Jul 28th, 2001, 11:48:14 AM
I get good ideas but I'm too scared to write 'em in the forum.....

What should I do?

Oosa Feddra
Jul 28th, 2001, 12:25:12 PM
You shouldn't be scared to write your ideas down. You shouldn't care what others think of you, as long as YOU are having fun. If your idea is original, I'm sure many will like it. You don't RP to please others, you RP to have fun.

Elena Balthazar
Jul 28th, 2001, 01:22:06 PM
I'm not scared of what others'll say, it's just they sound good in my head then I start typing 'em and they look silly.....:(

Darth Snack
Jul 28th, 2001, 01:45:32 PM
Bah! never second guess yourself. If you have an RP, then type it, and keep writting it until you're done for that post. Then post it.

Alot of the stuff here "looks silly" which is why I like it here. If you're afraid that it'd look silly, post it anways. As long as you have fun with it, and follow the rules here, it should be fine.

Each person has their own way of writing and roleplaying. What they consider for themselves silly, someone else might look at it and think it is a great piece of writtng, and really like.. not thinking it's silly.

*rambles*

So, in short, post an RP anyway, reguardless if you think it's silly or not. :)

Elena Balthazar
Jul 28th, 2001, 02:00:07 PM
:)

** Snack has inspired her **

I'll post my first one, that'll link this character to some old characters of mine....Should be good....

** hugs Snack **

Thanks for the inspiration!

** goes to type up the RP **

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 28th, 2001, 04:45:10 PM
Ah yes that problem is common with me sometimes as well... it can be easily fixed though... ;;starts to look into her eyes, his own eyes reflecting spiraling discs of hypnotic light;; by submitting to my will... ;;waves his hand and attempts to mind control her;;

Sanis Prent
Jul 28th, 2001, 05:55:04 PM
I usually just kick things around in my head for a while, and then get started on em. The situations change, and I might decide to change the direction in-transit, so I make mine up as I go, once I get into it.

Elena Balthazar
Jul 29th, 2001, 10:52:25 AM
:: as Jes tries to hypnotize her she kicks 'im in the balls ::

Thanks for the advice Sani.....

Darth Snack
Jul 29th, 2001, 01:52:51 PM
Welcome

Ryu Warusa
Jul 29th, 2001, 04:30:35 PM
"I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Ouch, poor Jeseth."

Anyway have you read my posts, they are silly. Because, thats the way I want them to be. I type serious sometimes. But just post it anyway, it may be entertaining.

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 29th, 2001, 07:27:57 PM
:p That doesn't often work on non-humans. :lol: