PDA

View Full Version : ground armys (building question)

Reysa Sashara
Jul 28th, 2001, 11:27:16 PM
Just a quick question here....basicly i know the "around about" rules and size untill you need to cut-back...but i was wondering about ground troops...as the Vias main strengh (untill my bro lash "grnad admiral) ) comes back is the Warrior section to our team i was wondering what size it could be up to...i would like to say that we have a place were we basicly order our recruiters to recruit new skoth and train them "The Spawning Pen" IE (Train 500 Warriors = 5 days)..like that...THUS given standerd uniform (Researched) and sen into a active leuge...

i only ask this as our army is pretty big....going on 110000 Warriors / 1500 Scorp tanks...etc//etc//and still growing..:S...

Darth Varlon
Jul 29th, 2001, 12:40:32 PM
An intresting question, and quite frankly, I don't know if any restrictions are placed on armies at all.

Sigultus
Jul 29th, 2001, 03:12:22 PM
I wouldnt think so.

Sanis Prent
Jul 29th, 2001, 03:57:14 PM
To my knowledge, I don't think ground forces have had any restrictions placed on them.

The Cizerack Pride's standing army numbers 250 million, however 2/3rds of them don't even have a blaster issued to them. I modeled them after the Chinese army in the early 50's, essentially relying on human-wave assaults and attrition rather than cutting-edge technological warfare. Essentially, it was my intention of making the Cizerack a weak interstellar naval force, but having an absolutely terrifying ground army.

But this is a very good question to explore.

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 29th, 2001, 07:19:17 PM
Troopers I don't see a need in regulating, but the blasters and equipment they are issued should be.

Reysa Sashara
Jul 29th, 2001, 07:30:04 PM
un-fortuetly the Via use a high degree of claoking devices and under advice from a friend of mine Mr.Prent he says it is costly..THUS i have no idea what i should do..the Via are based under claoking devices

Captain Tohmahawk
Jul 29th, 2001, 07:30:16 PM
There are no rules on ground forces.

what I'm doing is simply training them 5000 at a time, over 30 days, with a cap to be placed for common sense. This also takes in production time for equipment. I would say that anyone running an army should figure on supplying and feeding said armies, which is why I'm not going excessive and may in the future produce a supply division to help with logistics.

But basically, 5000 per month should be fair and not go insane - it would take me 10+ years to produce 1 million army. Considering it's an elite force, i dont think it's being unresonable to go at the rate I am

Reysa Sashara
Jul 29th, 2001, 07:35:51 PM
thanks man...we do that at the Via to..:) ..but we make 500 in 2 weeks