PDA

View Full Version : The problem is

Valk Twilight
Jul 31st, 2001, 02:27:12 PM
I think, after the 1 and 1/2 years of rping here, that ive found the underlying problem with most arguments started here. Its not attitude, stupidity, or even bad RP skills, its freedom. Too much freedom can be a bad thing. Around here theres always been understood rules, and those are fine, but when we reach beyond that, things get a little hazy, thats the freedom part. The want or the need everyone here shares with the abandonment of a fixed rule system is also the thing that starts most arguments on whats fair and right. So, when you complain about somebody else complaining, or whatever, just remember its the flexable rules system that you support that makes all that bad stuff you hate possible.

Jedah Lynch
Jul 31st, 2001, 02:40:23 PM
I seriously doubt you got any idea what your talking about.

Valk Twilight
Jul 31st, 2001, 02:44:52 PM
I have a great deal of idea what im talking about, dont think becuase this name only has a few posts to it, that this is the only account that ive ever had at SWFans, ive been RPing here since a year and a half ago

Ryu Warusa
Jul 31st, 2001, 05:53:37 PM
Ahh, quit your bellyaching... I'm trying to start an anarchy here!

Force Master Hunter
Jul 31st, 2001, 06:14:56 PM
And it's the flexible system that allows the good people to do precisely what they want and really produce great RP.

If people used common sense and Fair play - problems vanish. Full stop.

What else is needed?

And the fact is, I will just plain ignore any rules except for the Common Sense and Fair Play code I use if it suits what I do in a RP. But who going to be concerned as long as I apply common sense and fair play? Certainly not the people I'm RP'ing alongside of.

I also am simply out to have fun and not take over the Galaxy. That helps too. So if you so that, where is the necesseity of rules?

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 31st, 2001, 06:15:12 PM
Yeah. Here, here... I don't think freedom has anything to do with it. it's when people start behaving like jack asses that things get messy. :|

Valk Twilight
Aug 1st, 2001, 08:31:42 AM
All im saying is, people starting acting like jack asses and sch becuase they had the freedom to do what they will without restriction. But im not sayin it all to make an argument or anything, just stating my opinion

Force Master Hunter
Aug 1st, 2001, 09:29:28 AM
In my experience, you get people acting like jack asses with or with out the existance of rules.

Valk Twilight
Aug 1st, 2001, 09:33:50 AM
lol, well, true