PDA

View Full Version : Rush Hour Two

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Aug 13th, 2001, 12:00:26 AM
Go see it if you have seen the first one. It is a true sequel :D So many refrences to the first one and it jumps right into the action! Great fighting and great lines just like I wanted and Chris Tucker actually gets down and gets dirty with some action pack scenes of kicking butt!

For those that havent seen the first one, go rent it ;)

Besides when I went to see this movie I got treated to a Lord of the Rings preview. It looks gorgeous and it does not look like they strayed from the plot

yay! I was so impressed and so worried... most of those fears are quenched. I was quite pleased they didn't show what the dragon looked like and chills went down my spine when I heard

"My precious...."

hee!

Force Master Hunter
Aug 13th, 2001, 12:03:34 AM
Two movies I really want to see this year..

Harry Potter

and

Lord of the Rings. Glad ot hear LOTR seems to be done right

slayn rainyer
Aug 13th, 2001, 01:27:10 AM
I saw that trailer too!!!It looks sweet:) I found comfort in them not selling out...It looks real good...

Daemon Hyfe
Aug 13th, 2001, 01:28:11 AM
Uh... I don't think there IS a dragon in LOTR. Just in that silly Hobbit book. Bah! I might be mistaken though. It's been about a year since the last time I read the trilogy. :p

Anyhow, yeah, it does look promising. I downloaded the trailer off some LOTR site a good time ago, and it had me hopping up and down for an hour.

Nupraptor
Aug 13th, 2001, 01:33:12 AM
Hey! I liked the Hobbit!

Daemon Hyfe
Aug 13th, 2001, 01:34:42 AM
Shut up Nup.

Daemon Hyfe
Aug 13th, 2001, 01:35:37 AM
:evil:

Nupraptor
Aug 13th, 2001, 01:42:44 AM
:: presses the SMITE button ::

No.

Daemon Hyfe
Aug 13th, 2001, 01:45:28 AM
On another note...

I heard that Fellowship of the Rings (the first LOTR movie coming out) is going to be roughly 3 hours long. There is definite information that the rough cut was well over three hours, I know this much for sure, but only rumors that it will be around 3 hours during release time. Hmm.

slayn rainyer
Aug 13th, 2001, 02:01:20 AM
Sounds good...though I liked the hobbit too:P

Force Master Hunter
Aug 13th, 2001, 02:16:16 AM
There's no dragon in Lord of the Rings, it is indeed in The Hobbit

Might have been a Nazgul on one of their flying beasts? (cant remember the name of that right now )

Daemon Hyfe
Aug 13th, 2001, 02:53:37 AM
Actually... I think that "Nazgul" is the name of the flying things. The guys that ride them are the "Black Riders".

I think... Again, it's been a year or two.

Delirion
Aug 13th, 2001, 05:24:18 AM
Nazgūl:

A word from the Black Speech, usually translated 'Ringwraith'; the name of the nine Men corrupted by the power of Sauron's Nine Rings, and transformed into his dark and deathless servants.
Other Names: Ringwraiths, Ślairi
Titles: Black Riders, The Nine, Nine Riders, Nine Servants, Winged Shadows

After their discomfiture at the Ford of Bruinen by Elrond and Gandalf, the Nazgūl returned to Sauron their master in the land of Mordor. There, he furnished them with horrible winged mounts and sent them abroad once again. While mounted on these flying beasts, they were known as the Winged Nazgūl.

(from the <a href=http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/>Encyclopedia of Arda</a>)
---------------------------

The Nazgūl were the men - they either rode horses, or winged creatures that had no particular name during LOTR.
There was no dragon in LOTR, although by interpretation either these winged steeds of the Nazgūl can be mistakenly thought of as such, or the Balrog of Moria (a spirit of fire).

Gav Mortis
Aug 13th, 2001, 07:51:39 AM
Wow! Delirion has spoken! :)

Can't wait for LOTR however back on topic - last night I saw Rush Hour 2 and I am glad to say everything Dalethria said is true; it is hilarious and a great enjoyable film for all.

ReaperFett
Aug 13th, 2001, 08:22:11 AM
for all? I wouldnt let a kid near Rush Hour myself

Jedah Lynch
Aug 13th, 2001, 09:36:07 AM
Considering half the stuff on TV, in music and yes in films there is alot of stuff kids shouldnt see but do.

Shall add my voice to wanting to see LOTR, read The Hobbit back in school many years ago and during my trip up from CA read LOTR: The Two Towers which was an excellent read.

Delirion
Aug 13th, 2001, 09:52:38 AM
Hell yeah! Last week, during American Pie 2, ther were a bunch of kids under the age of 7 or so in the theatre. With their parents, of course... but that isn't a film I'd let my kids watch if that had been me.

LOTR is simply one of the best books I've ever read. Of any genre, really. I can only hope that the film stays as true as possible to that.

Lynch - you only read The Two Towers so far?

Jedah Lynch
Aug 13th, 2001, 09:57:55 AM
Unless you count the Hobbit then sadly yes.

Do plan to buy the first and third part when get back near a book store again in a month or so, The Two Towers was the only part of the three they had at the airport:/

At least enjoy reading The Summer Queen right now, 600 pages of tiny print. YAY! :)

Delirion
Aug 13th, 2001, 10:01:35 AM
Do that - it's definitely worth the money you have to pay for it. And if anyone likes comics - there is a graphic novel of the Hobbit out, which is definitely worth seeing as well. They managed to leave out only very little, and have some nice artwork in there.

Daemon Hyfe
Aug 13th, 2001, 05:25:39 PM
There was some LOTR special showcase thing last month when I went to the Barnes & Noble bookstore. There were at least a dozen different prints of the trilogy, along with various adaptations of the Hobbit, the Silmarillion, and tons of other stuff. Like a Tolkien extravanganza. Pretty cool.

BTW, I just rented the DVD of the TV miniseries adaptation of Dune. It was actually suprisingly good. After I saw that old shitty Dune movie I thought there was no hope, but this is pretty nicely done.

Ryu Warusa
Aug 13th, 2001, 05:31:13 PM
Hey! The old Dune has way more charm, but the new one was pretty cool too. Though they should have had Patrick Stewart as Gurney Halleck. Rush Hour 2 was hilarious. But I'm never going to the theatre again, seeing as its way too damn expensive! Its like $8.00 US. Thats too much! Oh yeah! Jeseth! You still owe me money!

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Aug 13th, 2001, 05:51:48 PM
If memory serves ... isn't "My precious" from the Hobbit too? So the first movie is based off at least some parts of the Hobbit I would presume so maybe there is a dragon :)

Morgan Evanar
Aug 13th, 2001, 06:10:20 PM
Jeseth owes almost everyone money, Ryu.

Daemon Hyfe
Aug 13th, 2001, 07:23:51 PM
Uh, Smeagol/Gollum says "my precious" in almost all the books.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 13th, 2001, 08:00:34 PM
It's actually "My Preciousss". Gotta add the hiss at the end :) . He says that in all the books he appears in.

I've read LOTR 20 times, the first when I was five. Been a few years since i have read it - I was planning to rectify that soon

Daemon Hyfe
Aug 13th, 2001, 09:46:09 PM
Ok...

That's slightly disturbing.

Gav Mortis
Aug 13th, 2001, 11:12:37 PM
Hmmm...not that I'm accusing you of being a liar but how on earth could you have read LOTR at five years old!?!?

I presume you mean you had it read to you by your parents or someone.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 13th, 2001, 11:45:25 PM
Five years old, that is not a misprint and that was me, reading the thing. I was capable of reading newspapers at 3.

Whether I was capable on understanding all of it, well that is a different question and the answer of course is no. I began to learn to read at about 18 months.

Dont ask me how or why I could do that, no one's ever worked it out either. It must have been weird, when other kids were struggling with Dr Suess, I was reading LOTR.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Aug 14th, 2001, 01:20:05 AM
See I only read the hobbit :lol:

I do have the third book but kinda doesnt help until I read the other first :p

Lady Vader
Aug 14th, 2001, 01:39:39 AM
read all four... good stories

still haven't read Harry Potter...

and my list of movies-to-see keeps growing! damn theaters are gonna make me go broke (like I'm not alread)...

time to forge a new sticker for this semester on my old college ID so I can still get in for a student's price :lol:

Nupraptor
Aug 14th, 2001, 06:13:31 AM
I read all of Dante's Divine Comedy when I was 12. Took me a bit longer than the average book, though.

slayn rainyer
Aug 14th, 2001, 09:11:40 AM
Nup for some reason that doesn't surprise me at all..."Eat the baby!"

Ryu Warusa
Aug 14th, 2001, 10:53:41 AM
Eat the baby!
Nuke the Whales!

slayn rainyer
Aug 14th, 2001, 10:58:10 AM
Save a cow...Eat a vegetarian...:p