PDA

View Full Version : Request

Gav Mortis
Aug 21st, 2001, 02:42:05 PM
I have made a website for a chauffeuring company and it appears fine on my browser except for the annoying geocities box that appears in the right corner. The problem is that apparently when this guy who owns the company checks it out, he says he can only see two of the buttons in the left whereas I can see them all - this may have something to do with the screen resolution as mine is 1024x768 and his may be different.

Here (http://www.geocities.com/milligan_aj/empressclassics.html) is the website, could you guys check it out please and tell me if you have the same problem please?

And if it is a screen resolution issue, how can I circumvent it?

Thanks.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 21st, 2001, 02:54:34 PM
Your website should be optimized for 800x600. Some ignorant users even run at 640x480. As it stands, it doesn't fit very well at 1024x768.

You should probably go back to the drawing board. The text is fairly difficult to read, also. Its rarely wise to sacrifice legibility for looks.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 21st, 2001, 02:56:26 PM
Also, I feel very bad for anyone who tries to use a modem to connect to that site. Not for the bandwidth impaired. Like I stated earlier, less looks, more functionality.

tracesha
Aug 21st, 2001, 02:56:31 PM
Looks like a person can't scroll down in the left frame. A low resolution, coupled with that could be the cause.

You could set it up with table cells instead of frames and the scrolling would be automatic, or set the left frame SCROLLING to "auto".

tracesha
Aug 21st, 2001, 02:59:42 PM
I would also recommend that you set a specific color BGCOLOR for use as a BG in the pages in each frame so that they match the image background colors. Setting the common background from white to something else makes the pages look odd.

Mortaniuss
Aug 21st, 2001, 03:10:09 PM
I was about to comment on that... my default background color is slate gray; It looks mighty strange like that.

tracesha
Aug 21st, 2001, 03:13:04 PM
Aand a TEXT color value in the BODY element would also be helpful when specifying a BGCOLOR for pages with text.