PDA

View Full Version : You be the judge

Wandering Patron
Aug 26th, 2001, 06:22:40 PM
I would like to ask for some opinions so that I can clear some things up. I have attempted to do so with the members of the group themselves but have gotten nowhere with it this far. I have only been met with such simple claims as “that is god mode” and “you have no common sense.”(not direct quotes but close enough). These claims come with no arguments as to why they are true and I am being treated with nothing but spite and disrespect.

So to that end, I have decided to ask the opinions of others who are a part of this type of role play system to see if I can get some valid arguments and reasons why my post, which I will share here in a moment, was deleted and the topic closed, followed shortly by my original name being banned from their site.

My adventures at TSE started in a thread in Rama’s corner, and then moved onto a topic in their headquarters, by no will of my own. You can look at the topic that began in the headquarters and also link back to the original one from the first post in it. If it is suddenly deleted, I do have a transcript of it which I can post here for clarification if needed.

pub59.ezboard.com/fthesem...=135.topic (http://pub59.ezboard.com/fthesempirefrm2.showMessage?topicID=135.topic)

The post that went before the final one in that thread, which was deleted without just cause other than “You god moded.” was as follows:
(The Patron shook his head from side to side, obviously indicating that he had no idea. He was still quite surprised that he wasn’t being stuffed into one of these corpse containers yet himself, and his surprise showed in his features. He began to write some more.

I am now looking at another body. The flesh that remains seems to look somewhat like the man who brought me here. Perhaps it is a family member or perhaps it was a clone.

As he finished writing the last sentence, something occurred to him, something he had heard tale of on another occasion. The man he was now eye to eye with was in fact a clone himself, and what he was now being shown was most likely his original body’s remains. It was now confirmed. This man was indeed Rama Sha, Sith Master of the Empire.

The patron’s face suddenly went blank of expression and his lips finally started to move.)

“Rama Sha, I have a gift for you.”

(The voice was odd. It was no normal human voice. It sounded as if it were a mix of machine and man. Without any other movement, the patron looked into Rama’s eyes directly and the Sith Master could see them changing from a normal color to a red glow. At the same instant he saw this color change in the Patron’s eyes, the being before the Sith Master exploded in a devastating eruption of flames.

The entire room they were in, filled with fire and the ensuing explosion rocked all of Sith Empire HQ, caving in underground passageways and causing power outages all throughout the many levels of the place. Even the city above trembled and shook as if in an earthquake due to the detonation.

The Patron had been a bio-driod. One loaded with enough explosives to completely level the capital city of this planet, and it had just gone off inside Sith Empire HQ, as it was designed to do, when it came in contact and confirmed that it was near Sith Master Rama Sha.)

If you decide you wish to provide me with some opinions and actual arguments as to why this post, which kills no one and was not at all unreasonable considering the situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

Jeseth Cloak
Aug 26th, 2001, 06:32:31 PM
Wow! :lol: Someone beat me to the punch line. I had been thinking of doing something similar way back like a month ago. But the point here is TSE's board is there own and they can pretty much do whatever they want there without your consent. Whatever the people here at SWFans.net won't make one bit of a difference. :/

Wandering Patron
Aug 26th, 2001, 06:33:21 PM
I mispoke. The post does kill one person, but as I understand it, killing my own character is legal.

Wandering Patron
Aug 26th, 2001, 06:38:56 PM
Even considering that, and its quite obvious it is the case, my point in posting this remains. Do you think it a legal thread and post, or do you think it illegal and warranting deletion? Either way, why do you think so?

Force Master Hunter
Aug 26th, 2001, 06:55:38 PM
Why the hell do we care what happens on another board?

Frankly, if you dont like some thing THEY have done, go complain at the place it happened and dont bring your bitching here. It is their board and they set their rules, not you and not me and not anyone not associated with TSE

If you try it here, that is a different matter. Unless it does, I'm not going to comment.

Wandering Patron
Aug 26th, 2001, 07:01:38 PM
Bitching? I apologize if what I said came across that way. I did not intend for it to. I do not wish to start a flame war, only have a discussion. Isn’t that what discussion forums are for? Can I not raise a topic for discussion and ask other people’s opinions? Just like you can choose to not waste your time reading or replying if you feel the discussion isn't something you have a valuable opinion of.

I did think that their group was part of this role playing community and that thinking lead me to believe that I could get some rational answers here.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 26th, 2001, 07:12:03 PM
If you have a problem with something that TSE did on their, board, you are directed to take it up with them and not involve SWFans at all. This is a discussion board for WHAT GOES ON HERE, not for airing grievence against someone for something that happened on another board. Full stop, end of story.

This is a well established protocol. We of SWFans, have no control, or say over another board and have absolutly NO intention on allowing a potential flame war that does not involve this board.

There is no recourse to be had here. And I repeat, you have a problem with something Rama or anyone has done at TSE, take it up there. Not here.

If it is done here, then you can feel welcome to ask here.

Wandering Patron
Aug 26th, 2001, 07:18:12 PM
I didn't ask for any action to be taken against them, only opinions on what occured. Is that against the rules? I sure haven't seen it in your SWFans frequently asked questions.

I have raised the question there and gotten nothing but biased opinions and no explanation, I was only trying to get some other opinions on it to know and understand what I have done wrong.

I wish no recourse, just thoughts.

Wandering Patron
Aug 26th, 2001, 08:03:04 PM
Further thought and a little looking around tells me that it is not uncommon for role plays at other(related) boards to be continued here. Therefore I have continued that thread here at SWFans, so that maybe now I can get some opinions from this community.

pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstit...4038.topic (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=4038.topic)

Wandering Patron
Aug 26th, 2001, 11:26:54 PM
It looks like they have now decided to accept the attack, though I have to question if their reaction and following post wasn’t god mode. But I will not start an argument. I only wish to role play and have fun being creative and seeing how others react to it.

Anyone who wishes to contact me out of character regarding this, but would rather not post here, can contact me at WanderingPatron@yahoo.com.

Thanks again for your time.