PDA

View Full Version : Concept discussion: RPG uber-foes

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:10:53 AM
I was thinking that what would be really cool would be to have some kind of "galactic crisis" spring up, something that would threaten every group here unilaterally, and have every group fight alongside each other to try to deal with it.

It would be almost like an NPC...not really a character behind it, but at the same time, a force to be reckoned with. There would be no agenda, just unilateral destruction to everyone. There would be some kind of positive end to the scenario, with the threat's defeat and the restoration of our wonderful..."balance" that we enjoy right now.

I'm just testing the waters, seeing if anybody is interested in such a thing coming to pass.

It would be more of an event than anything else....think clicking the "disaster" button in Sim City.

Anybody like?

tracesha
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:13:49 AM
I suspect it would be very interesting. Know it was the last time it was done with the freaky cyborg/machine things on Coruscant. Though we didn't have the OOC forum to discuss those things much then, so maybe more could get involved this time.

Lady DeVille
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:14:41 AM
I have thought of trying to do something like that in the past...well, not toooo long ago, actually.

I'm for it, I think it would be a great idea.

This is how I see it working ...whatever it is that we decide to do starts on a certain day. ON that day, every single RP which is set in the current timeline is affected, throwing everyone into this huge galactic event. There could also be a separate, new thread created, where everyone congregates to deal with the crisis, after "leaving" their own RPs..

I've also thought of this on a smaller scale. Like have a disaster on one planet, or a system. Every person in that system is affected. I think its a neat idea, if we could get it to work...

IMPLEMENT
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:17:12 AM
A cookie to Mr. Trace...he knows me well. :evil:

Marcus QDunn
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:20:02 AM
Funny, Deville and I are working on an idea on the very same lines, to begin after Sick Cycle Carosel is finished off. A Natural disaster on Trogan.

I was going to call for interested parties very shortly and explain what we have got cooked up :)

Live Wire
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:20:35 AM
Im interested in that kind of rp. I like the idea of not having someone as the source of the problem. That seems a little more realistic then some things done in the past. Count me in.

Lady DeVille
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:20:37 AM
Not as well as I do! I liked that RP, it was the bestest...:(

EDIT: sorry, was talking to IMPLEMENT :)

IMPLEMENT
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:23:54 AM
Essentially...I plan on this being the instrument of the whole caper.

Last time Implement was released on Coruscant, and attempted to take the planet. She was eventually beaten back, and at the last moment, her AI code beamed out...into wild space.

Several years later, and I'm sure you can hypothesize many possible outcomes.

This will be something along the lines of something Borg or Galactus-esque....although I've got a few ideas that I refuse to reveal for now :)

What would be interesting is for every group to have one planet "invaded"...and partially taken over for a certain amount of time or things as such.

Lady DeVille
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:31:00 AM
I like the idea. Count me in.

Lady Vader
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:33:09 AM
So, in other words, it's kinda like what the Yuzzhan Vong did to the New Republic in the New Jedi Order books. I think I like.

But what would this new threat to all be?

IMPLEMENT
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:35:45 AM
DUH! Me :)

Mortaniuss
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:35:47 AM
(twitches a few more times for good measure)

You know who you can count in.

IMPLEMENT
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:43:01 AM
To make it interesting...I think that each group should incur proportional losses...so its truly a "galactic" crisis. That way, group A won't be pissed cause they were beaten on more than group B. Its not about favoritism, and its not about agendas. I'm trying to aim for the fact that this is something that will, if given the chance, destroy every Jedi, Sith, Imperial, Rebel, Chimpanzee Trainer, and Boy Band in the entire universe.

Mortaniuss
Aug 27th, 2001, 02:46:09 AM
All the boy bands will be gone? WOOHOO! Bring on Gehenna!

Morgan Evanar
Aug 27th, 2001, 09:22:05 AM
**thinks along the lines of operation human shield in south park, only subbing boy bands in their place.

ReaperFett
Aug 27th, 2001, 09:28:26 AM
I love it, especially if it seems desperate for all sides. Jedi are in trouble, Sith are in trouble etc. If one side can easily survive, it wont work

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 27th, 2001, 09:32:15 AM
Not the Chimpanzee trainers! I like the idea, but I might not participate.

The Dao
Aug 27th, 2001, 10:53:08 AM
Well, as I was never destroyed in that story line, nor was I captured, I do believe I could make a comeback...

Reysa Sashara
Aug 27th, 2001, 11:06:26 AM
i do actrally agree to that...but the Viashino would have to have a medsium to small part as the Viashino apsalutly desprise humans...BUT count the Viashino in...

http://learndifferent.clanpages.com/sig/reysa.jpg

Morgan Evanar
Aug 27th, 2001, 11:51:35 AM
Reysa.... I can barely read your stuff. I don't mean to harp on you, but do you want me to send you a copy of office XP?

Reysa Sashara
Aug 27th, 2001, 12:03:53 PM
yea morgan..might be nice :) ...dislexia sucks butt..:(

Liam Jinn
Aug 27th, 2001, 03:52:23 PM
I'm in...so, the threat is going to be what? A new all powerful group? Ooooohhhh, I've got an idea, though I'm sure you guys had other plans. Why not let the Fallen Angels be the new threat? If you're going to have a group as a threat..But if you want to have some weird non group, non character threat, I'm for that too :)

ReaperFett
Aug 27th, 2001, 04:12:47 PM
I definately think they should be mainly NPC's, so the writer decides what happens. Otherwise, one persons downtime means the entire thing stalls