PDA

View Full Version : A quick question

Khasha DarNei
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:17:03 PM
I've read over the FAQ for this board and I have a quick question.

I see that the roleplaying forums threads are open to all to post in, unless it states that it's a closed thread/rp.

I only stopped by here before to say hello, then I started to read through some of the threads. I must say, I've enjoyed the stories there and I have to admit I wish to know how to be able to participate here.

I'd feel a bit odd posting in any of the already existing threads, lol, plus I don't want to be yelled at for doing that.

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Xanatos Etanial
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:19:14 PM
Nice sig, though a tad hard to read.

I recommend starting your own introduction thread, explaining your character, your history, why you'r here etc.

It's allways a good way to let people know who you are, and then give them the opportunity to approach you and help you adapt into the RP.

Khasha DarNei
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:24:05 PM
Alright, thank you much, I appreciate the response and so quickly too. Nice to meet you Xanatos and you've got an awesome sig!

Xanatos Etanial
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:29:50 PM
Thank you, and you're sig is a hundred fold easier to read now BTW.

ReaperFett
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:30:15 PM
I second everything X said, including the great sig part :)

Ryu Warusa
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:30:20 PM
Of course, he never leaves the boards.

Xanatos Etanial
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:31:42 PM
life?

What is this life you speak of?

HA! Fett agreed with me, I can die a happy man!

Khasha DarNei
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:43:21 PM
lol, thank you too Fett, nice to meet you. I've met you before Ryu, nice to see you again. Ok, one more truly stupid question which I will blame on a blonde moment if y'all will let me get away with that

What exactly do I do ? Just post a thread called Khasha the Former Stripper introduces herself? LOL that sounded so bad....Ok seriously, a little help here is greatly appreciated.

Nobuo Hyde
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:56:50 PM
Come up with something interesting. Something that will scream, 'READ ME!'. You know what I'm saying?

Khasha DarNei
Aug 30th, 2001, 06:15:08 PM
Ok, well I posted something in the roleplaying forum. I don't know how good it is as I just whipped it up real fast, but atleast I can say I gave it a shot...thanks to all of you.

Liam Jinn
Aug 30th, 2001, 06:17:00 PM
Or...read more threads till you get the hang of it..either way, your choice..

Liam Jinn
Aug 30th, 2001, 06:17:43 PM
Oooh, post while I'm posting then! See if I care! :)

Khasha DarNei
Aug 30th, 2001, 06:42:46 PM
LOL Im sorry, I didn't know you were posting too :-P Nice to meet you too Liam

Jeseth Cloak
Aug 30th, 2001, 06:52:18 PM
Post a link here if you start a thread. I'm always interested in reading newcomers' works. :)

ReaperFett
Aug 30th, 2001, 06:56:52 PM
she did :)

pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=4046.topic (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=4046.topic)

Got to say, that's damn good

Khasha DarNei
Aug 30th, 2001, 06:57:37 PM
http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=4046.topic

Okies, and thanks. I also posted in ...*thinks of the thread name again* Oh hells bells, I have to go get the link and add it in here with an edit...

http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=4044.topic

Heh, Here's the other one too...*hopes she did ok for her first times*

Xanatos Etanial
Aug 30th, 2001, 07:02:12 PM
Done OK?

Girl you did wonderfully, its a rare and wonderful treat when someone can come in and jump right into the writing like that, takes most people a long time to get to where you're obviously at.

Awesome so far.

Khasha DarNei
Aug 30th, 2001, 07:06:51 PM
:eek Thankies much! I really appreciate that wonderful compliment! I hope I can fit in around here and post a bit more, this is fun!

Thanks to you too fett! Ok now here's another stupid question, yes I know I am full of them, blame it on another blonde moment lol...

Whats a character evaluation? I read Jeseth asking for one. Is that where others try to help you hone your rp skills with the characters you play and give advice and such?

Ryu Warusa
Aug 30th, 2001, 07:13:01 PM
I really like your writing, excellent job. I hope your future posts will be as good. I'm looking forward to reading them.

Khasha DarNei
Aug 30th, 2001, 07:22:57 PM
Thanks Ryu :-) I look forward to writing again. I'm sure as time goes on and I feel a bit more comfortable here, I'll add more small details to the characters surroundings. Uhh, another stupid question lol...can my rl brother play his character here too? He plays a Corsec Agent, actually the Chief of Corsec, and he just completely his board to allow room for all kinds of sw rp and chars to participate in too *mutters about brothers removing their sisters forums*

Ryu Warusa
Aug 30th, 2001, 07:39:58 PM
Your character must be pretty old to have been alive at Vader's death. Ah well, merely a formality. If anyone asks about the age, just say she uses the Spice, from Dune. :D

Khasha DarNei
Aug 30th, 2001, 08:30:10 PM
lol, well i wasn't sure what to post. Originally she was a stripper/owner of a gentlemens club at my brothers board, that once had a timeline to it. Well the brat changed it all around on me so that was still the only reference point i had for her. And i haven't read past the first two pages of Vector Prime yet lol....all other books and comics written before then, I've read, though.

Jeseth Cloak
Aug 30th, 2001, 08:53:33 PM
Basically, I just wanted feed back on ways I could improve the characters and to hear what people thought about them and how they're played out. :)

Khasha DarNei
Aug 30th, 2001, 09:07:59 PM
Ahhhh, Kewl, wanna help me cuz Ryu pointed out a dilemma I have at the beginning here with her...and I dont wanna use spice lol

Gurney Devries
Aug 30th, 2001, 09:20:31 PM
Whatsamatta with Spice, eh?

Khasha DarNei
Aug 30th, 2001, 09:35:44 PM
LOL, well I suppose nothing but Khasha doesnt use it