PDA

View Full Version : Bandwagon Burning: Character Evals

Lady DeVille
Aug 29th, 2001, 03:04:56 AM
Hey, this is only the fourth one so far. :)

Please, I would appreciate feedback on my characters, especially Lady De'Ville. She's been around the longest (over a year now) and I'm curious as to what criticisms I can round up. Other characters to consider: Arya Ravenwing, Serena Laran, and recently Sasseeri Reeouurra (see <a href=http://pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm2.showMessage?topicID=1040.topic>A Hard Day's Night</a> for my use of this character)

ReaperFett
Aug 29th, 2001, 07:55:07 AM
LD is a great character. She's best in the Tondry RPs, the two of you have great chemistry

Force Master Hunter
Aug 29th, 2001, 08:33:30 AM
I personally think Lady De'ville is the most realistic female character of all. Cant really say much more than that, because says exactly in what high regard I view LD.

Arya = Shouldn't comment, I remember the night we were working on producing that character. Hasn't really been fleshed out enough, but is turning out well.

ReaperFett
Aug 29th, 2001, 08:42:53 AM
I personally think Lady De'ville is the most realistic female character of all

Real women are Dark Jedi? :)

Sanis Prent
Aug 29th, 2001, 10:08:59 AM
LD: She's got quite a unique style, and I find that her current situation (ie, preparing to have a child) is a darker representation of the Leia/Solo children from EU. Should be interesting to explore. Her interactions between characters are very strong, whether they be Tondry, Black Hand, TSO, or me :p .

Arya: Solid from what I've seen, although I'm woefully behind in SCC by my own admission.

Serena: I applaud you for approaching from the angle of a single ship's captain, as opposed to "yet another admiral in control of too many ships". People get jaded quickly in fleet RP, and I think if you keep the focus of it based to 1 or 2 ships, its much more personal, and much more fun.

Sasseeri: I like this character, partial as I may be :p . She takes every bit of sexist posturing from our society and kinda swaps it around. She's lewd, vulgar, dangerous, selfish, and greedy. She's got no moral high ground, no "good war". She just knows what she wants....and doesn't care how many eggs she breaks to get her omelette.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 29th, 2001, 10:12:02 PM
Lady De'Ville: I liked her so much, I requested a relationship with her. I don't think I can say anything higher than that. She has always come across to me as an excellent counterpart.

My one problem with her is that you RP her so well, everyone else hits on her. It makes me annoyed.

Arya: I like her "I will rip your balls off if you look at me wrong" attitude. I don't quite understand her motivation, and I have a problem with her special secret, but other than that, she's all good.

Serena: I admit I've mainly looked at Millard's stuff in the threads between you two. I don't really know much about this one, outside of the general background.

Liam Jinn
Aug 30th, 2001, 07:18:15 AM
LD: LD has style :smokin: All of your stuff is easy to get into, so it makes for a more enjoyable read on my part :) Now, my problem with her is that she's with Tondry, Ditch that guy! He barely even stands up against trees lighting cigarra's with his rifle close by! Liam is such a better man :p j/k

Arya: Mmm, Trinity..:) I like everything about her except in SSC where - she turned into a raven? Maybe I just don't understand things about her but I thought that was far-fetched..But same with LD all her stuff is easy to get into.

Arya Ravenwing
Aug 31st, 2001, 03:23:26 AM
I am contemplating having Arya be a shapeshifter, which I know is a problem for a lot of people. Of course, she is a shapeshifter who doesn't KNOW she is a shapeshifter. And, perhaps, I'll have her suffer some injury that makes her unable to shift at all.

Or maybe she's more like a warg, able to take the skins of others...like I said, I'm still feeling her out as a character. My thought of course is that shifting takes a lot of energy, so it doesn't happen very often, and sometimes there are severe consequences when a single shape (not the original one) is taken for too long.

In Arya's case, (in my theory) she and her mother were hiding among the Twi'lek for a long time, many years, in fact. AS Twi'lek. After her mother's death from a fever, Arya was crazy with grief, and stole a ship to leave Ryloth. And she shifted, reverting back to her original form (which is human), and went into a coma from the stress of maintaining a foreign shape for so long. When she was found and revived finally, she had forgotten much about her past and about her planet and people. She has only her name, the story of her fathers assasination, her family crest on a medallion, the memory of her mother and some of their life on Ryloth, and the visions of her third eye.

She fell in with a smuggler named Aaron, who was good to her, and they became lovers as well as partners. During a raid he was shot protecting her, and she escaped, leaving him to die. Since that day she has worked alone. And I mean ALONE. She will rip a man's balls off (and probably has, if the rumors are true) if he looks at her wrong, and is a hell of a fighter. And then she met a grumpy guy called Hunter and a clone called Turbogeek, and now her life is upside down again.

LD is my only fully developed character. I waited a long time before I started with any new characters. I've only been playing Arya for a few months at best, and Serena less than that.

Liam Jinn
Aug 31st, 2001, 07:17:22 AM
Oooh, now it makes more sense. I didn't know any of that about Arya...ok, then everything is ok now..good idea :)