PDA

View Full Version : Question #2

Lord Gue
Aug 31st, 2001, 12:31:25 PM
Group boards are extensions of the main BG and storytelling forums, basicaly the main group boards are merely peices of the whole SWFans universe right? Well, merly an example mind you, say on The Empire board that they ammased a fleet on the border of say New Republic space and then luanched an attach from the BG, would this be valid?

Pierce Tondry
Aug 31st, 2001, 01:31:41 PM
I would say that's probably something you could do, but it's a bit on the sneaky and underhanded side. If you plan to make a surprise attack, it'd be nice if you mentioned it to someone on the defending side first.

Jedah Lynch
Aug 31st, 2001, 01:50:28 PM
Unless mistaken you need to inform a group when you attack them and must give them a day or certain amount of hours to reply before you lay waste to them.

Overall any major attacks would assume would need to be done at Swfans or else many would try to pull many "stunts" at their own boards and call it legal which then could lead to various OOC arguements/complaints.

Sanis Prent
Aug 31st, 2001, 02:44:39 PM
Jedah's right. Notification is required.

FightingChance
Sep 2nd, 2001, 04:57:47 PM
Yup. Notify them. I notifed the New Republic I was attacking them about 3 months in advance..

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 2nd, 2001, 06:43:39 PM
That just sounds sneaky... I have no problem with plotting behind the scenes, but attacking behind the scenes, or hiding your attack by not informing someone, isn't nice... :|

Force Master Hunter
Sep 2nd, 2001, 08:52:18 PM
If it's an attack on a group, it must be done here if you want it to count., especially a surprise one.

It's called fair play, which a complete lack thereof is considered by myself as God Moding and I think a few other players. It many be the case with other mods and admin, but I woll not speak for them.

Of course, if you talked to whoever you were attacking first and agreed to have an off SWFans battle, fine.

What I dont understand is why you cant talk to another group if your going to attack and even agree to the battle. It's not like we are doing the real thing here. Isn't it all supposed to be fun?

Rock
Sep 3rd, 2001, 04:32:41 PM
no, you're wrong! It isnt a game! This is real! Real as it can be! You are way wrong FMH! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:34:21 PM
"RL comes first."

WHAT RUBBISH!!! :)

Ryu Warusa
Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:44:47 PM
You should listen to your own words Jeseth. :LOL

Lord Gue
Sep 4th, 2001, 08:44:26 PM
Its not something I would do, mind you, I just wanted to know if it would be accepted if it were to happen. Believe you me, the day is long past where I test out my own rule ideas first, ill get someone else to do it for me

Daemon Hyfe
Sep 4th, 2001, 11:59:20 PM
What the @#%$ is the world coming to when Gue makes a post in which all words are spelled correctly?

Add this moment to your "SWFans History" stockpile.