PDA

View Full Version : you know....

Ryu Warusa
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:22:42 PM
I'm not even going to post it. I don't need to get yelled at by the admins again.

ReaperFett
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:25:32 PM
why Ryu, are you singing my praises again? :)

Jedah Lynch
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:28:13 PM
You got people singing you Karaoke now Fett?

Next thing you know you'll have a statue made in your honor at the Jedi temples.

ReaperFett
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:32:29 PM
we've already applied for planning permission :)

Jedah Lynch
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:38:45 PM
What about the pool hall?

Is that made yet?

The Jedi need a good pool hall. :|

ReaperFett
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:42:30 PM
Statues of me first, life is about priorities :)

You know the end of ROTJ SE? Where they pull a statue down? I'm getting one there too :)

Ryu Warusa
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:42:35 PM
::Looks at Fett:: I... ::coughs out the word::apologize. Though what I was going to say is....

Be nicer to newbies!

ReaperFett
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:45:39 PM
I am nice to them. Providing I get niceness back

Sanis Prent
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:53:33 PM
The key word is "EARN"

Some things must be earned :)

Dark Jedi Jehova
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:55:48 PM
I only think that in the way of respect. If you want my respect you have to earn it, by getting on your hands and knees and begging for it. But, you should be nicer to them and show them the way.

Rock
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:57:26 PM
yeah, like Fett used to be mean to me all the time, but I was nice to him and joked around with him some and he likes me. And Sanis too. He doesnt like me, but he likes me better than before when I always bothered him about unimportant stuff.

Nupraptor
Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:24:41 PM
I only think that in the way of respectAnd by asking for him to "be nicer", you're asking for his respect. If you don't act with respect towards others, you're not going to get it in return. Ever hear the phrase "Do unto others as ye would have them do unto you"?

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:28:42 PM
Or as at times can be the case, "do unto others, as they would do unto you." :evil:

Gitane Blesse
Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:31:56 PM
Ah, nobody like you, Rock. Y'pissy little bugger. :p

Nash Stolar
Sep 4th, 2001, 11:08:28 AM
:lol: ! what an intresting thread

Ryu Warusa
Sep 4th, 2001, 04:45:58 PM
Having respect for a person and being nice to them is totally different. For instance, I'm nice to a lot of people, but I don't resepct them. I would soon enough drop kick them should it be neccesary. Anyway Fett, I would like to know why at first you disliked me without my warranting an attack. Ryu IC-wise just doesn't like force users. Maybe you thought it was OOC.

Rock
Sep 4th, 2001, 05:00:47 PM
Very not funny! Who gave me that title anyway?

Gitane Blesse
Sep 4th, 2001, 05:24:41 PM
Your CT at TLP? I did. :evil:

Rock
Sep 4th, 2001, 05:25:23 PM
You evil person you!

Nash Stolar
Sep 4th, 2001, 07:23:50 PM
:lol: !!! rock you are just going to incurage her

Rock
Sep 4th, 2001, 07:41:34 PM
no, she isnt gonna reply. She broke her thumber.

Nash Stolar
Sep 4th, 2001, 08:26:17 PM
maybe when she comes back she will have a vengeance

Daemon Hyfe
Sep 5th, 2001, 12:06:02 AM
Eh... I just wanted to add here that I am nice to newbies. I'm nice to everyone.

Surely you all agree.

Live Wire
Sep 5th, 2001, 02:21:28 AM
do what I do...ignore newbies. Unless they do something spectacular chances are I dont know who the hell they are. I looked in this forum and I was like dang I dont know who some of these people are...which of course means they have done nothing significant enough to impress me. Its a good policy to have, less annoyances that way.

Jedi Neo
Sep 5th, 2001, 04:49:17 AM
Nothing significant... :(

Ughhh...Um..like I need to impress you....

Well, this is a tough one..

Respect is earned, but it can be loaned for a short time for someone who is new. We have all been Newbies at some point, yes even you Lady Live Wire. IF we did know the way things worked (and I'm still trying to figure this one out :p ) right off the bat then there would be no problems!

Gitane Blesse
Sep 5th, 2001, 05:19:28 AM
:rolleyes:

Revenge? For what? Being called an evil person? I take that as a compliment..

DarthNuriko
Sep 5th, 2001, 11:02:24 AM
Off-topic: Why did I get a clanpages' enter password pop-up when reading this thread? :|

Live Wire
Sep 5th, 2001, 11:41:28 AM
Hey dont get me wrong I have nothing against newbies. And believe it or not I remember what it was like to be one. Hell I probably had the least respect of any newbie right off the bat cause I was a member of TSC (for those of you who remember the days of the Itala regime) and anyone who joined tsc was totaly looked down upon. But hey I knew what I could do so I came in and made a name for myself and now here I am. And I do take newbies under my wing and help them out (as long as their sith) but there are some people who come here and chose to revel in stupidity and to avoid the frustration and annoyances caused by them I chose to basically ignore them until I see some sign of inteligent life. So as long as you have common sense, havent gotten the entire board ready to kill you your first two weeks here then you should be fine.

Sanis Prent
Sep 5th, 2001, 12:05:56 PM
Well...I'll be man enough to say it.

I don't like newbies.

If a newbie talks to me, I will mash him in the nads....

so WATCHOUT!!!! :evil:

j/k....just stay away from me when I haven't slept and I'm shuffling hard drives in and out of computers

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2001, 12:17:19 PM
just stay away from me when I haven't slept and I'm shuffling hard drives in and out of computers

Sounds like a nice way of saying "Never speak to me" :)

Live Wire
Sep 5th, 2001, 12:43:36 PM
Hes so eloquent

Sanis Prent
Sep 5th, 2001, 01:18:39 PM
I could pull it "Boris the Blade" style :D

Ahnd eef I everr see yoo agehn...YOO MAHTHAHFAHCKAHS!!

........well....look et heem!

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2001, 01:20:14 PM
there are other words for it :)

Liam Jinn
Sep 5th, 2001, 04:05:01 PM
Boris the Blade rocks :smokin:

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2001, 04:09:56 PM
"You mean, Boris the bullet dodger?"
"Why'd you call him that?"
"Because he dodges bullets Avi"

Bonus points if anyone can say who he was in M:I2 :)

Morgan Evanar
Sep 5th, 2001, 04:16:05 PM
I couldn't sit through MI2.

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2001, 04:21:29 PM
which means you cant have an opinion to if it was good or not :)

Ryu Warusa
Sep 5th, 2001, 04:26:00 PM
Just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view doesn't mean that there opinion doesn't matter. I too could not sit through MI2.

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2001, 04:37:34 PM
actually Ryu, in this area, I am right. If you havent seen the entire film, how CAN you give a balanced opinion? I saw twenty minutes of Titanic. Thought it was okay, nothing special. Saw the entire thing, AWFUL! That's a big change there

Liam Jinn
Sep 5th, 2001, 04:42:46 PM
lol, Ryu, quit trying to pick a fight

Ryu Warusa
Sep 5th, 2001, 04:52:22 PM
I'm not trying to do anything. I see your point though, but you see... I lost interest halfway through the movie. Its liek trying to read a book you aren't interested in and falling asleep. You can't stop it, its inevitable.

Yes, I am one of the only people in the world not tainted by Titanic.

Nupraptor
Sep 5th, 2001, 06:28:07 PM
While I mostly agree with Fett here, there are exceptions. For example: I can never read more than halfway through "Eye of the World" (First Book in the Wheel of Time series) without being bored to death and putting it down. If a book is boring for the entire first half, then it most definitely sucks.

I've seen all of M:I2. I think it was just a lame excuse to throw one impossible action scene after another at you, tempered only by the incredulous use of latex masks.

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2001, 06:36:16 PM
Hey Nup, try book three of the Bounty Hunter Wars. Its impossible :)

See, I disagree with you there Nup, not NEARLY enough action being the main problem. Fun popcorn type film. But I appreciate the opinion.

Heres a clue to my pop quiz- HOW MANY GRAY HAIRED RUSSIANS ARE IN M:I2??? :)

Morgan Evanar
Sep 5th, 2001, 06:37:42 PM
On the other hand, I thought the original Mission: Impossible was great.

ReaperFett
Sep 5th, 2001, 06:44:17 PM
it was okay. It felt lacking, but was fun enough.

I hope M:I3 is a prequel. Imagine, a film with Cruise, Scott, Rhames AND Hopkins. That'd be awesome

Nupraptor
Sep 5th, 2001, 06:56:30 PM
Sorry, but my tastes in movies just differs there. I generally can't stand impossible action scenes. They look far too contrived to me. At least when they pull off impossible stuff in The Matrix, they have an excuse. :)