PDA

View Full Version : A Question Regarding Storytelling... [Admins/Mods, RPers]

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 8th, 2001, 09:11:31 PM
Would a "Fanfic" go into the storytelling forum? And if so, if a fanfic is written into the SWFans.net universe as "Star Wars Episode II," how would that affect us or be affected if and when the actual Star Wars Episode II is released? There is currently a thread at Storytelling with that title, and I was just curious about that since I don't think this has been brought up before.

That brings me to a second question: If something is written into SWFans.net and then later over ruled by official SW material such as a movie or an EU book, what happens here and how are all the storylines which stem from the expressed mistake affected??

I just want to hear feed back from RPers, or the Admin and Mods' takes on one of these situation...

Ryu Warusa
Sep 8th, 2001, 09:14:54 PM
I care not.....

ReaperFett
Sep 8th, 2001, 09:18:19 PM
I stick em in the B&G, as mine are short. if they were longer, Id stick them in storytelling

Nupraptor
Sep 8th, 2001, 09:23:06 PM
Would a "Fanfic" go into the storytelling forumYes.
And if so, if a fanfic is written into the SWFans.net universe as "Star Wars Episode II," how would that affect us or be affected if and when the actual Star Wars Episode II is releasedI'm not entirely clear on this. Anything that you would write as an "Episode II" would have to be negated when the actual movie came out, so I'd assume that it would be considered more of a "What If" type of story and not have any actual affect on the roleplaying universe. That would be comparable to what would happen if someone wanted to go back and re-write ANH.

As for your second question: That would have to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Obviously, we already bend some of the rules of SW (the 2 Sith at a time, for example). But we try to stay within the established boundaries of SW whenever possible.

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 8th, 2001, 09:26:01 PM
Thanx. That pretty much answered all of my questions on that subject then. :)

Rock
Sep 8th, 2001, 09:29:15 PM
well, I would have helped but......they beat me.