PDA

View Full Version : Admits defeat....

Lord Gue
Sep 7th, 2001, 03:32:08 PM
Help me be a better roleplayer, please. I've read Delirion's threads at the RPG info board, ive asked sanis for help, but appearently I just cant do better on my own. After about a year and a half or so I give, could you guys/gals please help me out?

Rock
Sep 7th, 2001, 03:43:30 PM
I personally think you are a good RPer. Maybe you are just tired of fleet battling and wanna start hand to hand combat. That is what Scorpion did.

Sieken Kasstra
Sep 7th, 2001, 08:05:43 PM
im not the best RPer Gue....but the best thing to do is, get an attitude for your chracter...get noticed and participate in more RPies...

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 7th, 2001, 11:25:09 PM
I seriously think you need to stick to one thing...Your sig says Mercenary for Hire, and Shadow Master. Not to mention Gue the Imperial...unless you gave that bit up.

Another thing, maybe you should just drop the shadow act altogether. I haven't seen one reference in any Star Wars material I have viewed, read or injected into my blood that states there is such a thing as a Shadow Jedi.

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Sep 8th, 2001, 12:20:36 AM
Oh man do I agree. The shadow stuff has to go. Its too much "have your cake and eat it too" for me.

Rock
Sep 8th, 2001, 12:31:15 AM
"have your cake and eat it too"

Hmm....that is....odd...

Lord Gue
Sep 8th, 2001, 02:37:39 PM
Well, consider my padawans and the time ive invested in it, if it wernt for my shadow order id still be a hungry imperial, unless you think id be better that way. As for no such thing as shadow jedi, I get all my info from 2 main sites 'Shadow Temple' which i linked my board to, and force academy

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Sep 8th, 2001, 02:47:32 PM
even if its somebody's half-baked idea...its still cheap. Not sanctioned by any supporting info in EU or SW canon. In fact, SW stresses that force alignment is diametrically opposed. light OR dark...no in between. You can do it in Dark Forces 2, but only using a cheat code. In layman's terms...shadow users are "cheating" :p

Lord Gue
Sep 8th, 2001, 02:55:22 PM
Well, I was never much of a merc anyway.....and with the refusal of shadow jedi to exist round here.....would anyone think of gue the imperial's return as a bad idea?

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Sep 8th, 2001, 02:57:29 PM
it would be an uphill battle...with a few imperial factions in existence already...but its feasable, I suppose.

Lord Gue
Sep 8th, 2001, 03:04:59 PM
Its always been a hard battle, but i wasnt emperor of worlds for no reason, After thrawn left, i do believe that does make me the longest lasting imperial around...

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Sep 8th, 2001, 03:07:11 PM
Unfortunately, seniority doesn't buy you much.

Lord Gue
Sep 8th, 2001, 03:10:05 PM
True, but it does give me more of a history and experience as an imperial officer and leader than most of these upstarts

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Sep 8th, 2001, 03:18:52 PM
...with one ship :p

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 8th, 2001, 03:20:21 PM
Personally if you pulled the shadow thing off tastefully it wouldn't be a problem, but from what I've seen your development of the idea is fairly lacking in history, and you don't really work a lot of detail into it. I wouldn't have a problem with new ideas being explored. Though for the most part you seem to change your character around massively on a whim and don't even explain why, besides that you think it might be something new to go on. Try what Seth said: Stick to a concept, and if you're going to change at least RP it out or give us valid explanations.

Nichos Marr
Sep 8th, 2001, 03:22:08 PM
SSDs are said to be a fleet compacted into one ship :)

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Sep 8th, 2001, 03:27:03 PM
SSD's are such a waste of resources. They are too long to even fully deploy their weaponry effectively, and their mass, maneuverability, etc...sucks!

Gimme a SSD's weight in any assortment of lesser ships.

Rock
Sep 8th, 2001, 03:42:51 PM
exactly Keer.

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 8th, 2001, 04:00:52 PM
Actually SSDs are very useful as command ships, which is the only reason I prefer to have one with every destroyer division.

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Sep 8th, 2001, 04:04:18 PM
An ISD can perform that capacity just as well, actually. In fact the only real reason for the SSD is psychological warfare. In fleets with numerous SSD's...this effect is wasted.

Any capital ship over 5km is goofy...it can't utilize its resources effectively.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 8th, 2001, 04:07:04 PM
I too, perfer small craft. I designed A-grade bombers which kick arse. Gimme the SSDs equivalent of those anyday. They do more damage, and are harder targets. Gue.. if you are looking for an Imperial position, contact me next time your on, I have moff and Admiral positions open.

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 8th, 2001, 04:13:58 PM
Usually the way I put together fleets is with an SSD as the division leader, then ISDs as group leaders, an usualy 3 or 4 VSDs in a group with support ships. An ISD cou;ld probably perform the same function, but I guess in my head things just click together better by sorting them out the way I do. It also makes it harder to put together destroyer divisions, since SSD's take so long to build, so it makes building a fleet more challenging.

Lord Gue
Sep 9th, 2001, 06:24:19 PM
Well, I built my SSD back when i first started rping here, when i was just a ship's captian under thrawn. Since then ive always used it as my main ship, and even kept it after surrendering most of my fleet to Viscera at the end of the last empire war. It's got more sentimental value than combat value really, but if need be it could always say, take on more ships than the average ISD/VSD, great planetary assult vessel, and as said before the psychological terrorism it cause's can be used quite effectively.

Now, it has been stated that I make character moves on a whim? I'll have to admit that is too true, after gue stoped being an imperial leader i couldnt think of what to do with him, granted the emporer SHOULD die with his empire in my eyes, but that didnt happen to gue. Most of what transformed gue into what he is now happened over MSN and not on the boards, so thats why alot of the sudden developments dont make sense. Maybe I should stick to one thing, but I dont know what one thing I should stick to is....I've always been a loyal imperial character, but I'd hate to work for any of these so called empires running about these days. As for the shadow jedi, of all the places ive been to none has a history for these people, and truth be told, gues only been trained by two people: Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Itala Marzullo. In my rp's though ive shown that Gue does have a kind, caring, and good side which means, to me anyway, that he cant be all bad. So if hes kinda good, and kinda evil; he likes the middle feild, and from what ive read, thats a shadow jedi in a nutshell. So from force knight (a status i admitadly made up as my character had learned alot of the most common force moves inherint to both feilds of use, and a few from either side) he continued his studies and training for a few real months until he reached the title of Shadow Master.

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 9th, 2001, 08:08:46 PM
Perhaps you sould try a new character. A fresh start?

Lord Gue
Sep 9th, 2001, 09:14:57 PM
I didnt want to say anything, but I did that too. My other character is out there, but if it dont go well, ill just stick to gue...

Sith Ahnk
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:48:33 AM
Mr. Gue... you have nothing to worry about, give it the best effort you can and at the end of the day, you are the best damn roleplayer there is, because thats all the best roleplayers can do.

EDIT: Sig is way beyond the SWFans limit. (30 KB or threabouts total image size for a single account)