PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Sanis Prent or any other knowledgable people.

Sith Ahnk
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:41:08 AM
Okay, I know this doesn't really pertain to roleplaying here and that I'm not a roleplayer here...

But I digress... in the interest of kindness and the human urge to help. I know this may sound silly coming from a Sith...

But I digress yet again. I'm not too knowledgable at HTML and such, and I've noticed Mr. Prent has it set up so that his sig... "rotates", if that makes any sense. To help understand, his sig, well, before they started turning into bog red X's, would change when you would reload the thread. It was very nice... the sigs were on a rotating order and... *is in awe*

Now, since I've tried to demonstrate what I am saying and am asking very nicely, I was wondering if anyone knowledgable in such matters would care to assist me. I knwo you have no reason to, but won't it make you feel good?

BTW, I hate Daemon Hyfe if it helps... *hopes that password is worth the price he paid*

Sig and banner are well above the 30k limit for SWFans

Ogre Mal Pannis
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:00:05 AM
The rotating sig feature you are speaking of has been disabled by ezboard when they disallowed IFRAME tag usage for security purposes.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:01:24 AM
Actually, I like Daemon a lot. He entertains me.
You aleigience to any group should always be irrelevant in out of character forums... shows how messed up some places may be.

In any even, the latests iteration of EZBoard "updates" destroyed the use of ASP code, which was the base for Sanis' random image signature.

Nupraptor
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:01:51 AM
There's a way to achieve the same effect with a cgi script, but I haven't been able to get that working properly.

Force Master Hunter
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:23:56 AM
* Working on sneaky table and ASP to make it work again *

Xanatos Etanial
Sep 11th, 2001, 09:26:54 AM
::Had been experimenting with Ilayers and frames tags, but could not achieve required result::

Sanis Prent
Sep 11th, 2001, 09:29:57 AM
The closest thing I've been able to cook up is something that is based in Flash...although I'm kinda stealing Akrabbim's thunder on that one...as he's my Flash hook-up.

Still not sure how it really "works".