PDA

View Full Version : Fleet question

SAURRON
Sep 10th, 2001, 10:43:29 PM
Some months ago Summor presented me with an Eclipse class Star Destroyer. According to the current rules there are no superlaser wielding ships allowed.

Can I just downsize the thing to an SSD and call it good? Or am I in possession of something that I cannot use?

Ogre Mal Pannis
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:15:56 AM
I will say that I am of the opinion; if you decide you wish to keep it, and use it for other purposes besides just a setting in a RP you do…it would need to be downsized to a SSD.

If only used as a setting piece, and not for actual attacks against other fleets and the like, I don’t really see why it cannot be kept as is, an Eclipse class Destroyer. There are probably many other non-combat uses for such a thing and I have no problem with them if done with common sense for how it is used.

Any other use, which involved non prearranged combat, or inferences to such, would bring it into violation of the established Fleet rules. That is my opinion, if it makes any sense. @_@

Sith Ahnk
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:42:25 AM
Hmmm... raises the question... why not just do what TGC did and take away it's superlaser?

Ogre Mal Pannis
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:00:50 AM
I believe that was suggested long ago and ruled out by the majority, though I am not positive.

Force Master Hunter
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:58:31 AM
Superlasers are allowed under the 90 day project rule, IE must be RP'ed out, as well as any ship beyond 8Km, or the standard SSD length. To my knowledge there are 4 superlaser weilding ships that are in various uses. Two are Argus battlestations, one is the TSO Titan, the other is NRSF's MC-200. The MC-200 is acknowledged to be dubious (Altho originally legally built), thence is used under mitigated circumstances. Only a recognised group with proper shipyards and planetary support are allowed 90 day projects - I think. Superlasers I think are not allowed to be used to destroy inhabited worlds

There is an ESD in production by GMA and i'm fairly certain there is a superlaser weilding project elsewhere. What i think got on most people's goats was the indiscriminate usage of ESD's and NSD's to capture the galaxy and thence was cracked down on.

Personally, if your have a ESD, I'm certain you will use it fairly and with common sense.

(I suck at fleeting. But I'm having fun learning :) )

SAURRON
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:48:07 AM
FM, does that mean it has to be RP'd out at SW fan or just at any one of the many ship yards that exist in our ez board galaxy here?

Sumor Rayial
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:51:40 PM
No I think he is saying that the ESD you have is already legit as long as you do not use it to engage in planetary conquests and fleet battles.

At least that is what I got from his post.

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:36:50 PM
I think what he meant is that you can use it in fleet battles, but not to destroy inhabited planets... The Argus and other SL ships are possesed under the same conditions.