PDA

View Full Version : How did Zahn know?

Pierce Tondry
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:19:28 PM
"Doesn't matter," Ghent said. His voice was trembling, but his jaw was set firmly. "On the way from Coruscant Elegos told me all about what happened to his world. It was terrible-everyone killed, all the animals, too. I hated the people who'd done it- I really hated them. And I hated the Bothans for making the whole thing happen in the first place."

He looked over at Elegos. "But he told me hatred was wrong, that it was one of those things that hurt the hater more than the people he hated. He told me there can be justice without hatred, and punishment without revenge. He said we were all responsible for what we do and what we don't do, and no one should have to pay for someone else's crimes."

--- Vision of the Future, by Timothy Zahn.

I am again amazed at the fact that truly good writers have an insight in the humans condition no one else can possess.

Please do not forget those whose suffering runs deep because of what happened. Make coming together as a community a priority in this troubled time. Do not take for granted the freedoms and loved ones you cherish.

May God and the human race help put to rest those souls who died yesterday, and help keep alive those who can benefit to a better tomorrow.

Amen.

Captain Tohmahawk
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:28:15 PM
"He told me there can be justice without hatred, and punishment without revenge. He said we were all responsible for what we do and what we don't do, and no one should have to pay for someone else's crimes."

I think I'll put that into a signature. Well said Pierce

DarthHERA
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:29:19 PM
Well said Peirce.

ReaperFett
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:32:26 PM
yeah, well written and said

Sanis Prent
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:33:18 PM
Put your anger and hatred aside....and help all who are less fortunate. There will be a time to act, but it is not today.

Pierce Tondry
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:33:36 PM
Thanks FMH and Hera. And Sanis. And Fett, and Dale, Ogre, Sorsha, De'Ville, Liam, Eve, Sums, Fewd, Nup, Jes, Delirion (if she can read this), Shellspark, and even that wrinkled old hermit Yoghurt. :)

I don't think that I've said often enough how glad I am that I know all of you. Please consider it said.

I do not want to forget who my friends are.

Ever.

Edit: I had more friends than FMH and Hera. Had to put 'em in.

Kitty McQuade
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:38:39 PM
I feel the same way.

Nichos Marr
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:40:30 PM
It's funny how the other day I was telling Warren on AIM, how the Caamas Document crisis related to the terrorist attacks.

Zahn is an excellent writer despite what some think. He can relate to humans and understands them well.

In the end everything will work out.

Pierce Tondry
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:42:35 PM
*Tacklehugs Sorsha.* Hey! I've missed seeing you around! Glad you're okay!

Oh, yeah- gotta at Seth/Nichos to that list, too. :)

Yeah, everything will work out- but only if we work at it.

Sanis Prent
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:54:39 PM
Sorshie...guess what...you're not #1 on "the list" anymore.

(Schemes to find some "trans-galactic gateway" to put Sanis on Earth)

Pierce Tondry
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:56:55 PM
It's odd you should mention that, Sanny-boy. Remember who the top counterterrorist character around here is?

ME! :)

So pull Pierce through that gateway of yours and let him start hunting.

Sanis Prent
Sep 12th, 2001, 09:09:29 PM
Nah buddy! There's five million smackers on this guy's head.

I could be rich! RICH!

Pierce Tondry
Sep 12th, 2001, 09:14:37 PM
Who cares about the money? Dammit, man, Sanis has no patriotism!

ReaperFett
Sep 12th, 2001, 09:17:50 PM
this isnt about patriotism. It's about a global killer

Sanis Prent
Sep 12th, 2001, 09:18:17 PM
I am patriotic...but the money's an added incentive!

Pierce Tondry
Sep 12th, 2001, 09:21:00 PM
We know, Fett. This is just one way of making ourselves feel better, and venting our anger and frustration at what Bin Laden stands for.