PDA

View Full Version : Am I hearing this?

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 09:49:54 AM
Okay, it's nearly ten, Eastern, and I'm home sick..

I turned on the TV at 9:30 to find that two planes had crashed into each building of the World Trade Center. Both believed to be hi-jacked.

Just a few moments ago, there's a new report that another plane had crashed into the Pentagon. I don't know what's going on here, and I hate the US mostly, but I wanna know why people are so set on destruction.

I know this is completely off-topic of this board, but this is something important, at least in my view. I know people don't all live in the US, but this is most likely gonna effect people elsewhere as well..

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 09:59:00 AM
Why?

One word....Allah.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:16:44 AM
Wow...hope these guys are happy. I'm pretty sure with an attack like this, the US can generally eliminate whatever red tape that is getting in the way of making these guys' lives living hell.

If I were a government leader in Afghanistan....I would be losing my bowel control right now...cause I'm pretty sure we're gonna steamroll in there after Mr. Bin Laden, whether they like it or not.

This is why terrorism is stupid. NEVER has it actually achieved its purpose of changing a population's views on something. You think people thought "Gee, maybe those white supremacists aren't bad guys" when the Murrah building in OK blew in '95?

Wow...they have just kicked the US in the nuts.

Like wolverine...I'm pretty sure we take that personally.

Somebody go to the middle east, get a geiger counter, and wait for the clicks!

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:22:31 AM
This is huge.. They've managed to cut off any flight transportation, the FBI is a mess because the people that need to get there can't.. There's now only one World Trade Center building, the other has collapsed. Whatever these people were trying to do, I think they've succeeded.

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:25:50 AM
New update, another plane has been hi-jacked, and a car bomb has gone off outside the state department.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:30:47 AM
They've succeeded in putting the Middle East under martial law, I'm pretty sure. We now have every bit of self-justification to lock down the entire region.

These guys have kicked themselves in the ass on this one.

As I write this, the second trade center tower has fallen, and a car bomb has exploded at the State Dept.

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:35:13 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm completely freaked out. There's been nothing like this before. If anyone's noticed, the attacks are coming every half hour...

I feel like I'm watching a movie, it's so hard to believe how real this is that both World Trade Center buildings have collapsed..

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:39:10 AM
I am going to sign up for the army....today.

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:43:15 AM
I just heard about another plane crash in upper Pennsylvania.. No one knows what it crashed into at this point..

I'm not sure about this, no one else is reporting on it, but this is just a small note I heard.

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:59:58 AM
Yep, and there's that new 747 heading for the Pentagon...

God.. Remember when "someone set us up the bomb" and "all your base are belong to us" were just funny phrases..?

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:19:01 AM
Part of the Pentagon collapsed..

MnT, can you get on AIM?

SAURRON
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:44:40 AM
This is clearly and act of war.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:50:12 AM
Apparently an Arabian terrorist group has admitted to it. Sick f**ks

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:56:46 AM
Doesn't it register in their heads that if they do something big enough....that the US will finally decide to snap the red tape keeping them from putting nooses around their necks?

You know what keeps the US from dropping the whole middle east under its thumb?

COURTESY!

Its not because we can't...its because we choose not to. They think we can't deal with them if the stakes get high enough? Who the @#%$ do they think they are kidding? These stupid fucks have not only pissed the US off beyond all means, but essentially galvanized the rest of the world. Russia, and the European Union are backing the US fully, as well as plenty of other countries.

This doesn't just screw us...it screws them too, as our economies are dependent.

Only an act of GOD will stop Uncle Sam from grinding those jannisaries under his red-white-and-blue boot!

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:08:55 PM
these would be terrorists. They wouldn't think about economy.

Vega Van Derveld
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:14:30 PM
I was just speaking with Warren about this, and apparently some people are saying this could be worth than Pearl Harbour. According to my step dad, the president has already taken off in Air Force One - although I'm not sure whether he's right.

All of the british flights, as Fett will know, have been cancelled until this is all resolved - I believe - incase an attack on the US' allies is launched also.

Kind of weird really, since I was just watching a report on the Lockerbie (Sp) disaster trial that's going under way sometime soon... :/

Nupraptor
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:14:43 PM
Cirr: That has always been my view. When one of these attacks occur, everyone and their mother tries to take credit for it.... Why? That only gives us an idea of who to retaliate against.
Somebody go to the middle east, get a geiger counter, and wait for the clicks!Nuclear Weapons are a bad idea for many reasons. That's why they invented Nerve Gas. :)

This very well may be another Pearl Harbor. But please do keep in mind that some of ther numbers I've been hearing have been grossly exaggerated.

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:15:54 PM
Kinda funny that Saddam Hussein is treating the incident the same way Britain and the rest of the UN are..

Didn't the group that took responsibility for it say that it's "The consequences for the actions of the US over in the Middle East" ?

Cirr.. think about it. Is the US really going to just start killing off hundreds of people, because of One terrorist group, that may or may not have been from whereever they are? This is obviously not just some pissy-ass little "lets see how many people we can kill" group. They obviously planned this whole thing out, and executed it with a good deal of efficiency. They struck two of the buildings that would have the most effect on the US, Politically. They (if the group claiming it IS responsible) did it for a reason, it's not like they just tried to kill the most people possible.

If they wanted to do That, they likely would have just Nuked the damn city.. Not like most countries in the middle east don't Have nukes..

And sorry Gi', only coming online every once in a while, my butt is effectively in front of the tv >_<

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:17:20 PM
Nuclear Weapons are a bad idea for many reasons. That's why they invented Nerve Gas :)

Psh, screw Nerve Gas.. Hello Neutron Bomb!

Nupraptor
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:21:15 PM
I'm not going to try and distract attention away from the issue at hand, so let me just say this: Nukes are BAD.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:21:30 PM
There is no other agenda....all they want to do is to kill people and destroy the economy. These bastards think along the same lines of that racist idiot McVeigh. I don't buy the "Jihad" Bullshit. If Allah really told them to do this, I'm pretty sure that we can create a revival at gunpoint.

I'm for religious diversity, but when you start embracing a concept like this...you waive your right.

If I have to see it on CNN or my own eyes...I want to see the Taliban burn for this.

These assholes were the ones who created the Hammurabic Code.

Eye for an eye, right?

We can play that, too.

Jedah Lynch
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:24:45 PM
Dear God.......

Is anyone seeing that footage?!

The Trade center falling down, bodies falling out and everything.

Its unbelievable.

Never did think would see this day but here it is.

Something must be done for this.

Cirrsseeto is right. You yanks are going to have to respond to this, hell I bet the world will help in this. This is an act for war. An act of terroist activity that is not measured since the Pearl Habor incident.

I hope whoever did this....pays. This is an act unthinkable. To hell with whoever did this. I'm not American but am a human being and sickened by these attacks and even I say they should be hit hard for this.

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:27:35 PM
This is a sickening day. I don't understand the sick @#$@ that can actually do something like this. I mean

<font size= 6>WTF!!!!</font>

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:33:39 PM
An Act of War.. Ahh yes, the world VS. Little Terrorist group. That'd make an interesting 4-hour special..

It's not like it's an entire Country attacking the US, What country would be stupid enough to put themselves against the world?

It's almost undoubtedly a Terrorist group, trying to make a point.

But then, no-one knows yet. Yeah, a group's taking responsibility, but I'd bet of 90% of all terrorist groups in the World just sitting around waiting for something to happen, so they can try and take responsibility for it.

Realistically, it could be a bunch of crop dusters from Texas who were abused one too many times as a Kid, and are just out to kill as many people as possible.

Darth J
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:38:09 PM
For current info go here:-

pub5.ezboard.com/fthegung...1468.topic (http://pub5.ezboard.com/fthegungancouncilfrm41.showMessage?topicID=1468.to pic) Im watching CNN and updating constantly

Morgan Evanar
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:42:30 PM
There are currently over 200 firemen and other emergency personell missing after the colapse of the second world trade center. There are typically 50,000 people in that building during the day.

Firebird1
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:43:42 PM
Once again all I can say is ____
(I'll let you all fill in the blank.)

This is a major attack on the US, and it will not go unanswered...

Nupraptor
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:43:49 PM
If anyone wants to watch a live, streaming newscast, click the following link:

playlist.broadcast.com/ma...sp?id=5979 (http://playlist.broadcast.com/makeram.asp?id=5979)

You need to have realplayer installed to watch it.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:45:43 PM
us.news2.yimg.com/f/42/31..._dc_1.html (http://us.news2.yimg.com/f/42/31/7m/dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010911/wl/crash_tradecenter_palestinians_dc_1.html)

Funny, huh?

I should shoot their children and bathe in their blood. Bet that would be hilarious, eh?

These people should be burned alive.

Vega Van Derveld
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:49:37 PM
BBC news 24 reported 25,000 deaths in the world trade center towers... :/

EDIT - Air Force One, + 50 known air craft are in the sky... that could mean... a lot more damage.

Gurney Devries
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:49:42 PM
Normally, I try to view things with a level head and a clinical detachment. But after reading that news story, you'll pardon my French when I say that "That is seriously @#%$ up".

Kitty McQuade
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:50:02 PM
I just read it. That's really sick.

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:50:33 PM
Wouldn't you be laughing if two major buildings in a country oppossing the US were attacked and destroyed, if even partially?

... Am I in the Wrong for trying to see this from all sides? Cause It seems I'm the only person who Is.. >_<

Kitty McQuade
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:51:34 PM
all those people. :(

Kitty McQuade
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:53:00 PM
To awnser your question Miryan, no I wouldn't. I'm feeling really sick right now. All those innocent people died horribly.

Jedah Lynch
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:54:41 PM
Remember Cirrsseeto anger can be used at a place and time. Right now its a time to help those hurt and take care of the damage done. But soon, very soon it will be time to strike back. Every time and place has an action and once they are sure of who did this then they shall pay.

And pay dearly.

There will be no half measures. No give and take, betting politics will be tossed out the window. The US will have its payback for this. And I'm sure by the time it is done there will be blood in a street somewhere on this world. The main thing is those guility are taken out and everything humanly possible is done to help make sure this does not happen again.

For those who have died its a time to pray for their souls, for those who have lost loved ones right now its time to make sure they are comforted. For those scared and outraged by this they can rest knowing action will be taken. The US is the most powerful country in the world.

Hell will be unleashed from this, the kids gloves will come off.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:55:56 PM
Did I cheer when we bombed the Chinese embassy? @#%$ NO!!!!!!!!!

I am not sick like they are....they deserve to die!

Vega Van Derveld
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:58:38 PM
As the reports and everyone is saying, there will be pay back. The US military is on the highest alert, and the whole government side of the country is trying to the fullest of their extents to sort this all out...

All you can do at the moment, really, is hope and pray for no more attacks, and that those who commited the other attacks will be accordingly punished..

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 12:59:34 PM
After reading what those sick bastards say I don't think anything anyone could do to them is enough anymore. These people need to pay.... I wouldn't go as far as saying "Nuke Them" cause knowing luck this would end up starting World War 3, but something needs to be done. The fact that they think they can get away with this and expect retaliation they are outta their damn minds...

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:02:14 PM
Interestingly enough, they ARE calling it war.

War against who though? The palistinian President, the one in control of the Country, says they had nothing to do with it, despite how happy it made their citizens.

Who's the US going to war against? As of now, they don't technically Have opposition. Not aside from, as I said, a terrorist group, which they likely won't find.

What I DO think is absolute crap though, is that the US is closing their borders, so if the terrorists who were Planning the attack are In the country, they'll be forced to stay.

With the president's location being broadcast all over the news.

Gee, wait until the airports are open again in a few hours, take over more planes, and do the same, with an up-to-date report on where the President is? What an idea.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:03:21 PM
I want to watch tanks roll over Afghanistan, and steamroll the Taliban. We helped these people buy their freedom...and they do this?

Take it all away. Put them in concentration camps, if need be.

Jedah Lynch
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:09:08 PM
I heard they even closed Disneyland now, betting Disneyworld is down too due to this.

Hmm just heard on another place but not cofirmed that osama bin laudin(sp) said a few days ago that he was planning an unprecidented attack on the us.

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:11:00 PM
Yeah Disney World was closed earlier today....

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:12:41 PM
Just think of what's going to happen after this...

The bombing of Pearl Harbor began the second World War.

Ladies and Gentlemen...Welcome to World War Three.

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:14:24 PM
That's Exactly what I been thinking all day, at first I thought that was worst case senario.... Now it seems like something that might happend. Dear god :(

Khasha DarNei
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:15:56 PM
First, let me say that my thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims of this senseless tragedy, as well to their families, friends and loved ones. For those of you here, or those who read this who have been touched by this, my thoughts and prayers go out to you as well. I sincerely hope no one here has lost anyone in all of this chaos.

I am sitting here at this moment, listening to the news and I'm in tears. Suddenly my daughter yells out OMG! and I rushed to the TV to see the twin towers collapsing! I literally couldn't breathe and have been in tears since.

I live 13 miles to the west of downtown Chicago, Illinois. They have closed all major univeristies, all shopping centers from chicago to Joliet, Il, about 20 miles south of me. Chicago's major skyscrapers have been evacuated and closed as well as the airports, museums, the art institute, all major universities, and now they are beginning to close some of the schools. Buses and trains are running on rush hour schedules to get people out of the city.

I never thought I would live to see the day something of this magnitude would ever hit close to home. It's a bit surreal. the news media keeps referring to this as a 2nd Pearl Harbor, noting that this is the worst attack on the main land since Pearl Harbor.

Truly a travesty that the people who share one planet, must resort to treating those around them with such disdain and disrespect.

May you all be blessed and safe....

'Khasha Dar`Nei'

Morgan Evanar
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:17:54 PM
What I DO think is absolute crap though, is that the US is closing their borders, so if the terrorists who were Planning the attack are In the country, they'll be forced to stay.

Its clear that you aren't very aware how transportation and frieght flows through. Anyway, it prevents people from running, coming in or anything else. Its logical action.

All major international airports are closed, and several, including LAX and MIA are being/have been evacuaded.

Vega Van Derveld
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:27:53 PM
The british government has called a meeting together and I believe, according to my regional news, put the military and air force onto high alert. The Primeminister is offering any and all help he can give to the US, as will be Russia and the other UN states.

If this becomes war, the odds are stacked highly in our favour.

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:29:02 PM
And it's clear that You didn't read the rest of my Post.

Go back and do so before making any half-assed judgements about what I'm saying.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:31:26 PM
I want to see RED afghan sand!

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:32:46 PM
Anyways, if the terrorists were watching american TV, they know where the President is. They've stopped broadcasting it now, so maybe they got a clue about just what info they were giving out.

I'm leaving for a bit, gonna watch this unfold, instead of arguing with a bunch of people who seem like they'd just love for this to turn to war.

Jedah Lynch
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:32:52 PM
Guys do not let this become into a flame fest here okay? Right now plenty are tense and angry, do not let your emotions get to you too much right now that you attack each other.

We do not need that right now.

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:33:21 PM
Are you posting in the right thread for that, MnT..? @_@

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:37:20 PM
I'm going to just leave this thread now, before I get pissed off at someone

Live Wire
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:10:58 PM
I know tempers are running hot right now but I advise everyone to take a deep breath...say a prayer if your personal beliefs so incline you too. I know everyones angry Im mad as hell too but being angry right now wont help anyone here.

Kitty McQuade
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:16:11 PM
I'm saying a prayer for everyone here. Especially the ones who lost people that they knew. :(

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:24:44 PM
I am not trying to say things that people necessarily like. If you don't like what I'm saying, thats okay. But I'm telling it exactly from my heart.

Murder is unforgivable. I know this. You never get over that.

This wasn't an act of war...it was an act of MURDER.

I didn't get to see vengeance the first time I saw murder.

I want it now more than ever. I want war.

LORD EXAR KUN1
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:38:45 PM
This is truly a terrible day in the world.

Whether you are American or not, this is enough to sicken anyone.
The latest news report has stated at least 10,000 people DEAD in the WTC carnage.
50,000 people were scheduled to work at the WTC today, so the death toll is sure to rise. Especially since the emregency crews were working in both towers when they collapsed.

Anyone, and I really am not concerend with your race, religion or creed, but anyone who would condone such an act is nothing except the lowest form of loser.

Yes, in war, innocents will be hurt or killed.
Simply put, America is not at war, and America, in times of need, has never just blatantly killed other people from other countries for examples.
Yes, America has retaliated, but always at military bases, or military installations.
These people, more appropriately scum, lash out at innocents because they simply lack the courage to face the might of the American military.

I certainly hope this does not escalate, as there is already too much hatred in the world.
I also hope that there is someway to curb all this violence before someone does something stupid like play with nuclear ordinance.
Again, simply put, there is NO winner in a nuclear war.

Lets try it on for size people,
Peace,
LEK.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:45:13 PM
A quote from ID4, that I find appropriate.

Peace?
No Peace.

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:47:40 PM
America, in times of need, has never just blatantly killed other people from other countries for examples.

America's not a terrorist group. As of yet, the only people that've taken responsibility for the actions, are a Terrorist group.

These people, more appropriately scum, lash out at innocents because they simply lack the courage to face the might of the American military.

Courage or stupidity?

Jedah Lynch
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:51:30 PM
If this turns into a debate I hope a mod or admin closes this thread, because do not need people debating about the bravdo of people killing people right now unless one wishes for a war of words.

Kitty McQuade
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:53:33 PM
That's the last frelling thing anyone needs right now. :(

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:54:13 PM
By the way, I'm not condoning the sh** they did in the Least.. just trying to see things from their viewpoint.. The idea that such a formulated attack was "just ter kill lotsa peoples" seems just pathetic.. Especially considering what they attacked, and what they Threatened to attack (The White House, there's a population centre =/ )

If you can't try to see things from all points, you have no right to act, IMO.. (much like the people who've done this.. They figure they're being done a huge injustice by the US, so attack. They don't try to understand WHY the US acts how it does.. and they're going to pay dearly for it)

Yes yes, I'm done, honest >_<

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:54:47 PM
But there ARE nations that harbor, protect, and in some cases, train terrorists. These nations should be considered committing acts of war....and razed into ashes.

Why not let Russia try and invade Afghanistan again? Just let the rooskies flatten the Taliban in bloody show...killing men, women and children.

Why not let Israel turn loose on Palestine. Give all those homeless Jews in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank an M-16, set loose the IAF and Mossad on them. I guarantee, if Israel wanted to...they could make the entire Palestinian civilization vanish within a year.

Who has prevented this?

Why...the "EVIL" United States, of course. We're so evil, aren't we.

I say we show these ignorant dicks how evil we can be.

In the 80's, Reagan responded to the Pan-Am terrorist attacks by firing Tomahawk cruise missiles at Khadaffi, in Libya. Not at his country.....AT KHADAFFI!!!! I believe his entire family was killed.

Libya ceased to become an active factor in terrorism ever since, falling into the background.

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:01:44 PM
"More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction. let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly."

That...Just seemed appropriate..

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:05:18 PM

Live Wire
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:10:23 PM
I know everyone wants to voice opinions and if you disagree with someones opinion just shut up about it! Everyone has a right to feel the way they do. Lets not get into an arguement about stuff like this. ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!

Some people need to vent right now so lets let them do that without harassment. No one thinks this is funny! Everyone appreciates how serious this is. I've been scrambling over the past several hours to get in touch with everyone I know in those areas and we all feel for the people who've died and lost loved ones. So even though you're upset everyone take a step back okay

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:12:20 PM
You people joke around like it is nothing. For god's @#%$ sake pray I never find you. Why?! My Dad works in the Pentagon and my Mom works near DC. Many of my friends parents are government workers. You think it's funny that people die. You're a sick @#%$. 50,000 people work in the World Trade Center plaza. Maybe if you grew up you would realize how damn serious this is. Hundreds are dead. Thousands injured. This is a massive strike on the USA. I hope a damn 747 crashes on your damn house.

Ryu Warusa
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:15:17 PM
Man, this is horrible. I just got back from school where I had first heard about everything. This is totally f*cked up. All those people... not just in the buildings but also on the planes and nearby.... Damnit, I bet you like 20 groups are going to 'admit' to doing this soon enough. Wait second thought, not everyone is that stupid. Now the USA is going to go from its usual stance of "We are invincible" to "Someone is going to pay dearly for this". I have nothing else to say on this situation.... I'm pretty much speechless...

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:18:17 PM
Some 250 people died from the planes themselves, not including X-number of terrorists and victums. I am waiting though for tomarrow, when Bush should be giving his "Infamy" speach.

Lord Gue
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:20:18 PM
I got one thing to say on the entire matter and thats that we (the US) should bring peace to the middle east the hard way and go in there and wipe there ass's out. They are the ones constantly harrasing us with the terrorists they train, we should wipe there sorry ass's from the planet. Now I understand there are innocents and I appologize for them, but something has to be done, and if not now then when?

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:21:21 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it might not be the Middle East?

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:23:06 PM
I dont either. The way this was executed seems unlike how they have done this before

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:25:04 PM
I am thinking it was some South-East Asia country, north to Afgan, and west to Iraq. Somewhere over there.

Lady DeVille
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:25:24 PM
I woke up to the news..and I was like "Is this a joke?" People, this isn't a joke, and Lebron is correct in his assesment. I don't know anyone personally in the places where this happened, thank God!, but there are thousands of people who have lost loved ones.

I can't even begin to imagine the hurt that the loved ones of the passengers and crews of the the hijacked airplanes must be feeling. LET ALONE all the people that were in the WTC and the Pentagon.

The pictures I was seeing from New York are terrifying and horribly real. You may be thinking, "Yeah, I've seen this movie" but it is NOT a movie. This is real life, and its actually happening to the USA.

If you don't like the US, please don't post it now, that isn't helpful to those of us who do live there. I'm just praying for the rescue workers and the families....

I think we should be careful not to let this degenerate into a flame war. We don't need more hatred now. Of course, I have to agree that whoever did this has what's coming to them. They will be squashed flat. At least, I hope so.

As far as I had heard, no one for sure had claimed this attack yet, but everyone pretty much thinks that it was Bin Ladin (or however you spell him). Lets not jump to too many conclusions, please.

Terrorist attacks are cowardly, and I utterly condemn anyone who condones them or uses them.

This is an act of war. But lets wait to find out who we should be angry at before we go off half-cocked. And although I'm a Christian, and we are supposed to love our enemies -there is also such a thing as righteous anger, which in this case I believe it is appropriate to be very, very angry.

Ever feel that God is sad about what we do to each other? *sigh*

Jedah Lynch
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:28:42 PM
It could have been anyone, no one knows right now.

The black boxes they say should have survived, those were made for the worse and so they will be able to get some info from them in time. If it leads to anything who can say.

Overall to get these number of planes to crash into these specific places would take a great deal of planning. No pilot would crash a jet into a populated area. And four planes being taken over at one time shows they knew what they were doing.

They had help, be it inside the airport or elsewhere.

Remember folks, the last bombing terrorist act was done by Americans themselves. This could be just such a case. The worse enemy lies within.

That in itself would shake the nation though, many will hope it was another country just so they have can have an "evil foe" like the communist were in the cold war eras.

Until its found out who did this, not a good idea to make a guess. it could have been anyone.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:28:53 PM
As Bill Pullman said in ID4, "Nuke the bastards." That is my feeling with these terrorists. Nuke them, wipe them off the face of the Earth. They don't belong in this world. They are scum. Scum from the bottom of my shoe. I figure, if you like the killing, you belong right next to them, when that nuke goes off. Not to get bitchy, but my best friends Dad is MIA.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:29:35 PM
You think all Mid-East folks are dirty bearded guys in turbans holding AK's?

Arab people are VERY intelligent, and I don't know if you've been snoozing for the past 20 years, but a good portion of their attacks are VERY precise...with military training and clockwork included.

I definitely pin this on muslim extremists...it fits them to the letter.

Lord Gue
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:30:00 PM
I believe it is, thats where most of the terrorists we have to deal with come from anyways

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:32:34 PM
Don't become sterotypical. It probably is some one in the triagnle I gave you. Its one of the countries in it.

Afgan-

Iraq-

-Thailand.

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:34:20 PM
There are very few groups that could pull off something such as this... It's hard to say who it could be.

Gav Mortis
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:38:24 PM
I will not get into the politics of this. All I will say is that my heart goes out to those who have in anyway been affected by this awful, awful event; you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

I don't believe I have ever seen anything quite so unbelieveable or so sorrowful. This is an experience unlike any other, beyond words or description and I feel a sorrow for those lost and those who have lost, and also a deep sadness at witnessing what humanity has become. This is the worst day in the history of this world whilst I have been alive.

I want to see RED afghan sand!

I understand, we're all shocked and some furious at what has happened; although one drop of innocent blood spilled is in no way justice.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:38:30 PM
some expert on TV said they would need someone on the inside. Hyjacking four planes, hitting so coordinated. No group could jump in and do that

Lord Gue
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:39:04 PM
Thats the problem with terrorism, the people that accomplish it, no matter how organized they may be, are rearly connectable directly to the country of origin for the acts they commit. And if you read above I noted innocents

Liam Jinn
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:39:41 PM
Nukes would bring about more Nukes, that is NOT an option. They should never be mentioned, even in the worst case scenario IMO

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:42:47 PM
and how do you nuke a terrorist? They dont have a place you know you can hit

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:45:03 PM
I'm sorry, I just found out that a neighbor of mine is in the hospital, in critical condition with burns all over his body. In other news, today in History, Operation Seel, began, the Nazi movement on Britian.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:46:14 PM
Thailand: find me a reason

Iraq: seeing as they are more or less a black sheep in the Middle East, they don't really do the whole "yay Allah Jihad" thing. Suprisingly, they are an atheist and socialist nation (read about Hussein's politcal party) and although they are total dickheads, they have no record of launching terrorist fronts, or sponsoring terrorist movements.

Afghanistan: 70% sure on this one. Everything from the Taliban's blatant support of Bin Laden's terror cell, refusal to cooperate with anti-terror forces, as well as threats that have been made recently. Bin Laden's tried it before...the WTC bombing of '93 was traced back to his influence, and he is known for hitting important buildings, as the US Embassy 4 years ago. He's got military experience from the Mujahadeen uprisings (which we aided the Afghans in their fight for independence) and has access to professionals as well as high-tech equipment.

Palestine: These idiots love to whoop and holler, and although I'd love to crack their skulls for that BS that I saw...I don't think they have enough cohesion, training or skill to carry out something THIS big. They have done the whole hijacking thing...but they generally either hold hostages or blow the plane. They usually don't hit major landmarks.

Redneck white supremacist militia: It doesn't fit their profile...they would go after government institutions and law enforcement, not WTC and Pentagon. They are vengeful of government interference, and especially of the ATF for Waco and Ruby Ridge. These guys would more likely hit FBI headquarters, or a synagogue or abortion clinic. They are usually prone to knee-jerk reactions, and above all else, they want to get their message out....that the government is evil and the jews are coming to get us. If they were involved, you'd see footprints of this.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:50:55 PM
Also, while the attack was monumental and incredibly planned, I don't necessarily think you'd need inside help. The thing is...domestic flights in the US are NOT as protected as international flights. We just don't prioritize its threat as highly as we do...a plane from Libya.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:51:12 PM
it wouldnt be Afghanistan. It would be afghan terrorists. COnsidering how little we know about this, how can you be so sure? Boston has many Irish. middle eastern wouldnt surely have been seen, and wed have heard. How do you know it wasnt the Real IRA, for example?

And dude, a terrorism expert said it would be insiders more likely. Considering he is paid to do this, Id consider his opinions very likely

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:53:10 PM
The counties in the triangle. China, Combodia, Vietnam, Laos, Iran. Also, the Afgan Guerilla leader, umm whats his face, the one that is a terroirst, died yesterday in a bombing, me thinks that this is payback..

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:53:27 PM
Thats the kind of attitude that needs to be stopped. Okay...its BIN LADEN...but AFGHANISTAN shelters him, hides him, and provides him with training facilities, funds, and the like.

Afghanistan's Taliban are known sponsors of terrorism.

We need to start treating this kind of behavior like an act of war.

Thus.....flatten them to the ground.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:54:58 PM
Yasser Arafett sends his condolences. Britian says they'll back us up. I smell brewing. Mass terrorist attacks, civil wars. Fascist governments coming into power.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 04:03:50 PM
Did anyone else realize it's 9-11, the number which you call for emergancies? My friend just brought that up..

Gav Mortis
Sep 11th, 2001, 04:15:27 PM
Thus.....flatten them to the ground.

My friend, if an English terrorist organization ever carried out an atrocity like todays. I pray your perspective on things change. Because I don't want to die for the actions of an evil vigilante group from my country.

Tell me man, how many people do you know who live in Afghanistan?

Ryu Warusa
Sep 11th, 2001, 04:25:16 PM
Ok, Enough of this garbage. There is an Ebay bid on World Trade Center buildings, "some assembly required". Also "okay, i just witnessed some CRAZY @#%$ on TV live..." "and i'd just like to say: "Terrorists Win". www.cnn.com". People really take this too lightly. I don't care which country gets punished, in my eyes there are no innocents. There will be a better chance of getting the ones that actually did this if the USA goes on a witch hunt, rather a terrorist hunt. Now the USA has an excuse to go hunt them down, I say let them do it, also, stop your b*tchin. My uncle may have been injured or killed ok, don't think of me as heartless, or thinking irrationally.

Khasha DarNei
Sep 11th, 2001, 04:52:21 PM
I have just finished talking with a few friends of mine who are in the military. They all stated that they knew this was coming, they didnt know it would be this soon. As for what the higher ups knew, ..... and if they did know, why couldn't they prevent this??? Too many what ifs....

From what I understand that Osma nut claims responsibility. I dont care who did it, the bastards need to pay and they need to be shown a mighty and swift justice!

To those of my friends who have just been deployed.. God speed, please be safe, do our country proud and return so we may laugh with each other once again...

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 04:54:22 PM
I've been talking to one of my friends on AIM for a while... He lives in DC and has a majority of friends whose parents work at the Pentagon. I quite frankly don't know how to react to this. This morning, I can remember joking with a friend on the phone after hearing a story that the Miss America contestants have to be smart as well this year..

Two hours later, I witnessed the first reports of the World Trade Center having a plane flown into it. Only minutes later, I watched as the second building fell to the same fate. I remember watching as the Pentagon is sent into smoke by another plane.

I've been sitting here, watching in horror as this living History unfolds. And i've realized... What can I do? I'm barely sane as it is, so how can I, one little insignifigant person that doesn't even qualify as old enough to get a job, help those thousands upon thousands of people that were injured? And what about their families? I sat, and I thought.. The only thing I'm able to think of is to be here to all those that are effected and offer what help I can. May it be need for money, or supplies, or simply a person to talk to, I can solemnly swear that I'll help in every way possible.

It may not be much, but this is the only thing I can think of to offer.

Sieken Kasstra
Sep 11th, 2001, 04:54:39 PM
Yea all british flights have been closed off aswell as US,as they beleve they had 3 more jets entering the Washington area..weather H-jacked or not they were turned around..

The Pennsilvania Crash...again, they are still investergating, i might be reapeating what you have heard or been told on this board already..it was a 767 carrying around 175 people on board, it might have been a run on a building that went wrong, people dont know...or, simply turn from NY and ran out of fule, or something like that i would need to see the news again...

But thats the aircraft sistuatuon....that i think the Brits are involved with with some way as we keep getting updaytes on it

Khasha DarNei
Sep 11th, 2001, 05:22:36 PM
From what I have understood from the news on TV, Britain, Canada, Russia.. have all grounded their planes and have their militaries on standby status in the event we, the U.S, or even themselves, need to deploy.

The President is to address the Nation tonight. Gitane, those gifts of your heart that you offered to do what you can to help, is definitely no small gift. I'm older, so I will be donating blood this evening. I have a universal blood type and I know it's needed. Those of you who know me and wish to talk later, feel free to IM me, Im here for you...

I've been reading the reactions to this terrible day in our history. Please, I emplore you, do not wish for other innocents to perish. It makes us no better than those who committed this tragedy.

Here and now, those who read can vow to maintain peace. Vow to be a better person to those around you, better than the low life's who did this...Do what you can in a rational, peaceful way to resolve issues..

Just reported: Another building has collapsed in New York...

Firebird1
Sep 11th, 2001, 05:29:55 PM
Ok, now before you all decide to start WW3, I need you all to relax and take some time off.. Maybe tonight is not the best time for some of you to RP so I'm going to ask for this. A 24 hour period that will help people calm down while we wait for the President to speak and get some more information.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 05:32:11 PM
I dont agree with the death penalty. I think there are worse things than death. Killing makes you as bad. But I dont have any problem with people agreeing, its an opinion. But to want innocents to die, that's something else.

Firebird1
Sep 11th, 2001, 05:44:23 PM
Now everybody relax!!!!!
*Doesn't know what happened to his last post.*

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 05:56:33 PM
Revenge is only a natural response to something as grave as this.

However, I feel that, despite the fact I do have a deep hatred for all responsible and celebrating, or joking about this, I feel that to wish a war upon countries, or even just a small group, is to wish death upon the thousands of innocents that stand in the way. If war were to break out, it would mean that so many more people would be killed that are completely undeserving.

Again, I hate these people with a passion, but I feel that war is too great a chance of innocence lost to risk.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:13:05 PM
update: Word is, missiles in the Afgahns. I hope they are hitting isolated targets

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:17:04 PM
I'm wondering who is fiting the cruise missles...

Morgan Evanar
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:21:23 PM
Too many possible parties. Afgainistan is in a state of civil war.

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:24:21 PM
Thats the thing, it could be a whole lot of people. Hopefully we'll find out who soon enough though.

Lord Gue
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:25:57 PM
maybe ben laden is making a bid for the country

Sieken Kasstra
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:27:38 PM
Not to mention Morgon there is a Brit/US makeshift base out there (Salume) or something spelt like that and this could be a strike back..you never know the other side of Military plans

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:38:58 PM
My idea, we need to retaliate on whoever did it. First wipe out all powerplants, government buildings, then fire stations and major schools, then homes. Oh and US is not, I repeat, US is NOT bombing Afgan at the moment.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:55:24 PM
so, you think that the US should slaughter innocent men women and children? For what a group of terrorists did?

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:01:09 PM
I think we should retaliate for whatever country has been helping whoever did this. Those were trained pilots that hijacked the planes and trained soldiers if you think about it. I mean, honestly if you think about it, any trained pilot, even being held at gun point, for USAir or AA would take the plane down into the NY bay or Potomic river, instead of crashing into the Pentagon or WTC towers.
They had training behind this, coslty training. They also had money and numbers. So, I do believe that there is a country behind this and we should wipe them out until we get who we want, or go and kill the family and friends of the terrorists involved, sending a message to wannabe hijackers.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:06:49 PM
I cant see how hijacking a plane needs costly training. Time would be needed.

And so, what you say is that the US should stoop to their level, and kill innocents? And that is right?

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:09:31 PM
It would take money for training, they would need to do sims, get materials, possibly do checkovers and whatnot.
It is justified by the bible. If it was muslims, it's a holy war. If it isn't... well.. god have mercy. And Secrety General says Your military is ready for action, implying war, once we find out who did it..

Sieken Kasstra
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:12:29 PM
blowing up schools is not the idea of the US nore the UK...were not adolf hitler you know

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:13:00 PM
train for what though?

and please, explain how it is justified in the bible that you can fire rockets at schools. Becuase, that's what you said, you want to butcher innocent children. Thats what sick people do.

Force Master Hunter
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:18:22 PM
"There will be wars and rumours of wars.... do not be alarmed they are the birth pangs for the coming of Christ"

Revenge is not the answer. Anger is not the answer. wading in the blood of these foul people is not the answer. To do that would be to lower yourself to the levels of these .... animals who did this.

Your President is a God fearing man. I know he will ask God and call on His name for guidance. Likewise we all should too. To lash out blindly is doing nothing more than what was done to the USA today.

God give guidance and strength to all those afected. The families who lost loved ones. The resuce workers. The hospital workers. And to George Bush, who is facing a nightmare.

There is only one answer in all of this. Only one. It takes a good deal more bravery to admit that than to lash out in anger. Will America turn to that answer?

I actually think so. God help you all, the ones who lost loved ones, the ones struggling to find answers. You have been hit by a demonic act I think. A Godly response is all that you can do.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:19:32 PM
You know what, do you have any idea how many nurserys and daycares were in the World trade center? Somewhere around the number of 5 or 6.. each with kids. At least in their case they could run and hide. Ours didn't have a clue until 109 stories of steel fell down on their heads. Besides, America has been to nice. They went after civillians, they killed innocent people on planes, attack innocent trade workers. We will kill their innocents until they give us who and/or what we want.

Look at the ten plagues. You probably don't read the old testement much but I do. Soddom and Gammora. The great flood. All vengece from god for sinning. Elisah, angel of death. Holy wars are the worst to fight because everything goes.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:21:28 PM
they hit a building with kids inside. You, on the other hand, said to target the kids.

Sieken Kasstra
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:22:59 PM
There have been no reports of an actral country bombing the US it is the dongs of the D=FLP or something..a terroist group..not a damn Counrty///so why bomb a innocent country killing hudreds of thousands and you cant be sure youve hit the actral man who set it up and his group??...its also against the Genevia Convention to attack schools and Hospitals and things of that nature..get it right pal before you comemn inncoent lives when its prolly the doing of 20-30 terroits

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:24:32 PM
You don't think that they will hide weapons and soldiers inside the schools? I would. Oh and FMH, the new testement might be nice and all, but stick to the old one, it gives better answers about crisises. Isreal is readying for war, and they are the "Chosen" people, take a hint.

Sieken Kasstra
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:26:25 PM
like i said

There have been no reports of an actral country bombing the US it is the dongs of the D=FLP or something..a terroist group..not a damn Counrty///so why bomb a innocent country killing hudreds of thousands and you cant be sure youve hit the actral man who set it up and his group??...its also against the Genevia Convention to attack schools and Hospitals and things of that nature..get it right pal before you comemn inncoent lives when its prolly the doing of 20-30 terroits

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:27:10 PM
oh, theyll hide guns in the schools, they must all be evil and slaughtered. Then of course you are as low as Hitler, Milosovic or Stalin

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:30:21 PM
Not really.. is killing the man that came into your house and killed your wife and child, slaughtering? Then going and attacking his kids and wife? Its Jewish law. A hundred and fifty years ago, thats what we would do. And there is a point to stop at. When we get whoever did it.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:33:05 PM
ITS NOT HIS KID. They are TERRORISTS. You are killing an INNOCENT mans KID. What sort of sick f**k are you?

Nupraptor
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:36:32 PM
I, much like the majority of the US, don't give a rat's ass about moral rationalizations right now. You try telling the families and friend of the deceased that it's not right to retaliate. Since most of you don't visit the Replica Props forum, you probably haven't noticed that one of the members of this very board is seriously injured and may not make it through the day.

GuardPiett
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:40:01 PM
Well, I'm sure Tim McVeigh is rolling around in his grave. I wonder if his execution was linked, somehow. Timmah was a NeoNazi, and their foundations are definately more solid than a redneck militia. I definately wouldn't rule out an American group as a playing factor in this.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:40:52 PM
When I get punched, I punch back. When my family gets punched I punch back even harder. When my friends get punched and my family.. I punch back as hard as I can. I am sitting here, crying my eyes out because I know people that died today and people in the hospital. Crying cause I want revenge.

Zasz
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:44:30 PM
I say this.

Take out who is responsible, with <font size=15>extreme</font> prejudice.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:46:20 PM
DAMN STRAIGHT ZASZ!

Morgan Evanar
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:46:46 PM
Revenge is not an effective solution for situations like this.

What will be effective is, as always, information. What Tom Clancy mentioned earlier is true. We need more intelligence staff, especially field agents.

True, there will be military action, but hopefully that won't be the only effect. We must arm ourselves with information so that we can act with a proper response.

Nuclear war is still there, but terrorist action is now the primary threat. Lets hope we get this right.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:47:21 PM
Take out who is responsible, with extreme prejudice.

Take out who is responsible, yes. That would be the Terrorists. But why kill someone who isnt even involved? When the IRA does a bomb, do we go over and slaughter some Irish for revenge? No

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:48:05 PM
We are already fixing our information ways. Our airlines are soon to becoming more like Il Air, which the safest airlines in the world.

Zasz
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:49:43 PM
I did not say kill innocents...no. But they hide behind innocents, and what if they use children to carry grenades and run at the G.I's like the VC did. What are we to do?

I say hunt the fuckers down that did it, and wipe them out!

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:50:36 PM
Good words..

Morgan Evanar
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:51:57 PM
I think you two do not think of the consequences those actions.

Zasz
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:54:32 PM
Yes, I understand the reprecussions of this.

It could escalate to a bigger war.

Send in a special unit after ladin and his group. Make an example of him.

If the Afghanistan backs them up and protects them. Too bad, so sad, you are now controlled by the U.S. Government.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:59:13 PM
and then all the US' allies leave them, for their over agressive tactics...

Force Master Hunter
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:59:26 PM
My God, your as bad as they are if you think that a reflex strike back will fix this.

Enough War mongering. Today, you should be helping out in this terrible trajety in any way you can. Bury the dead, give comfort to those who lost loved ones.Greive

Then think what to do next when you are clear headed and know more.

No more killing or talk of it. That is just as wrong as the terrible events today. There will be a time of reckoning, but not now. The wise knows this, and know it will happen.

Stand up and prove your more than these scum.

Zasz
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:02:14 PM
You yourself Fett said send in a special unit. I just added onto it.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:03:41 PM
there is stopping the head of a terrorist organisation (capture or kill), and there is invade a country

Zasz
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:06:54 PM
As I had said. Take a special unit into take him out. If met with Afghanistan retaliation, take over the country.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:09:52 PM
and then you have half the middle east fighting you, for youre invasion of their land...

Gav Mortis
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:12:47 PM
I feel I need to clear my name after what Piett had said to me in the last thread:

My remarks were in no way to offend those who are mourning the loss of loved ones. However I feel those who are talking about war and revenge on the exact same day are not honoring their memory.

This talk of war and whatnot is disgraceful after what has happened today and what I am trying to say is now is not a time for strategy but for mourning and reflection.

Zasz
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:14:38 PM
True.

If that happens, then it will be huge.

I was just watching TV, and people that I hold the highest respect for; Firemen are trapped in there.

A firefighter got out, and a doctor asked how many firefighters were left in there, he said thousands...

I am heeding FMH's and others words. Grieve....But i will still voice my opinion.

GuardPiett
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:17:58 PM
Thanks for the recap, Gav.

GuardPiett
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:36:22 PM
Go Bush!

Zasz
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:44:05 PM
Hell Yeah!!

Also I heard that he said earlier today...

"Whomever harbors these terrorists, will be dealt with the same way as the terrorists themselves"

From the news.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:46:50 PM
he didnt declare war, that is good. Remember, harbouring requires them to defend them. If the governement stays out of it, they arent harbouring. In other words, he didnt call for war, thank god

Lady DeVille
Sep 11th, 2001, 09:11:46 PM
Just checking in before I eat dinner. I've been watching CNN all day, and just caught the President's speech.

There is a difference between holding the governments that harbor the terrorists responsible as well as the terrorists themselves, I REPEAT, a difference between that, and in slaughtering innocents in their nation.

Target schools? No way! That is the most horrible thing I've read today. America, as Bush said, holds to a higher standard than these terrorists. We can obliterate the terrorists without stooping to their level.

My heart and prayers go out to the member of the RPF and his/her friends...also to Lebron's uncle and others. Its a terrible tragedy, but lets not stoop to their level.

I'll be back later...

GuardPiett
Sep 11th, 2001, 09:29:07 PM
Yeah, I gotta run. In a huge family crisis.

That's right. Our rabbits escaped... Again!

Jedah Lynch
Sep 11th, 2001, 09:30:38 PM
The people responsible should be stoped, but not the innocents that may be part of that culture or race. To wipe out one whole group is insane because of the actions of a few. Get the ones responsible and make them burn in hell.

If anyone wants innocent people to suffer or die for this then they better take a good look at their familys first. Because for every, father, mother, sister, brother or newborn there is another over there who are just as innocent. Do not blame them for the deeds of others.

Admiral Lebron
Sep 11th, 2001, 09:44:14 PM
" There shall be no distinction between the terrorists and those harboring them.." Well.. thats means I will have my vengence. Not now, but someday, hopefully soon. Bush has finally made me respect him. His speach, made me look at him as a leader and not a Texan. Well, I have seen two planes tonight, when usually I see dozens. Two F-15 Eagles, shot over my house just after speach.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 09:48:06 PM
ok then, so if the country he is in say they want nothing to do with it, and then the special forces go in and get the relevant people, how did you get your "vengeance"?

FightingChance
Sep 11th, 2001, 09:58:40 PM
Did you at all listen to the speach? He basiclly implied, those harboring the terrorists will not be spared as we destroy them. I'm too tired and sad for these damned discussions.

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:05:06 PM
It was my understanding that basically, those they were referring to as harboring the terrorists would include any that had offered them immunity, had provided them a place to stay, knowing what they were, helped finance them, used them, or basically had any knowledgable dealings with them whatsoever..

And that it went for Any terrorists..

Nupraptor
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:25:14 PM
I've been hearing several reports from people that foreknowledge of this entire attack, and that disturbs me greatly.

groups.google.com/groups?....com#link1 (http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&frame=right&th=54ab4d241c34e0cc&seekm=3b8fd177%40monitor.lanset.com#link1)

Subject: 911
Newsgroups: alt.prophecies.nostradamus
View this article only
Date: 2001-08-31 11:03:37 PST

This is a witness against everyone on this newsgroup. I hate this newsgroup, and everyone on it sucks. REPENT! You are all evil liars! Do not be so evil, and be holy. You are going to get me killed because of the truth of my mouth. I am not telling you what is going to happen until it does, because an EVIL and adulterous generation seeks for a sign.This guy is clearly some sort of nutcase. He harbors (or harbored) a fanatical zeal that is staggering in it's implications.

Pay speciall attention to post number 7, by Xinoepoel
Subject: Re: 911
Newsgroups: alt.prophecies.nostradamus
Date: 2001-09-04 12:40:28 PST

Wait 7 days, and then maybe I'll answer this post. You see, I am going away in seven days, and you will not hear from me again.That was exactly seven days ago. Now, this may seem a bit tenuous to some people, but it's not the only report I've heard of someone exhibiting prior knowledge of this tragedy. And I don't think we had a sudden surge in modern prophets.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:34:51 PM
Yes....in other words, OPEN SEASON.

I hate that this tragedy happened, but if its the catalyst needed to make this planet a very unsafe place for terrorists, then there is at least some good to arise from this.

Terrorists should feel what their victims feel...

...chilling, paralyzing fear.

Now, we can give them that in spades. We are going to make an example out of Bin Laden, and any bastard who takes his place.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:52:30 PM
News Updates: (7:54PST)

It is believed over 30 men with knives and box cutters hijacked the four commercial airliners.

New death counts have come in; 268 firefighters and 80 police officers.

President Bush's speech has just concluded. The line that stuck out the most to me was -
"We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them".

At this time flames are still visible from the Pentagon.

Building #7, a forty story structure, has also caught fire and collapsed at this time.

Sources at the White House are confirming that attacks in Afghanistan are not of their doing, but likely a seperate political faction in Afghanistan.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:03:33 PM
>_< Box cutters.....thats what I'd heard too, but dammit, I just can't believe it.

You'd think passengers in a plane would rush the terrorists once they knew what was coming....

the worst that can happen is death.

Lady Vader
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:37:05 PM
This is crazy. It's so freakin surreal, and yet I'm seeing it happening before my eyes.

I was fast asleep, intent on sleeping until noon PST, when my mom comes into my room at about 7:45 telling me I have to come watch the news. I was like "Huh?" The she recapped in a short summary what had happened. I've been glued to the TV, watching all the news channels, ever since. I've even been watching the news channel straight from NY (my faimly owns a dish).

I'm just shocked beyond words. When I first saw what was happening this morning, I was numb. I didn't know what to think. Now, I'm furious, sad, scared... hell, everything mixed into one. I should be having dinner right now, but I'm just not hungry due to all this.

I honestly hope that Ben Laden bastard is caught and dealt with. I'm not saying to go to war. The last thing we need right now is a WW3, especially with all this nucleur crap we all own. But justice must prevail.

I'm praying like nuts and bolts right now, hoping to God this is over and doen with quick.

Lady DeVille
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:53:07 AM
I just want to still clarify that we still really DON'T know exactly who did this. At least not officially. So, although bin Ladin deserves to be punished for the bombings in Africa of our embassies and all the other things he has done in the past, it is still a possibility that he didn't have anything to do with this.

I also think that it is a good idea that we in America don't let our anger rise up against Arab Americans, who are completely innocent in all of this. I'm sure they are living in fear right now of what hurt and angry people might do to them. Please, we need to unite against the terror, not add to it.

Live Wire
Sep 12th, 2001, 01:10:13 AM
I've been praying for everyone...these images will haunt me probably for the rest of my life.

I think maybe the passengers of the planes didnt know what the hijackers had planed or they probably would have rushed them or tried something. Most hijackers land planes and have standoffs.....the passengers may not have known they planed this sucide run until it was too late.

slayn rainyer
Sep 12th, 2001, 01:37:03 AM
I just want to second lady's re...

ReaperFett
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:07:15 AM
just out of note, did anyone tell the FBI about that thing Nup said? They did ask for all information

Nupraptor
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:08:11 AM
Several People are trying to get through to the FBI with that information and more, but it's proving difficult.

FightingChance
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:14:52 AM
I told my dad a lot of this. He said he will tell my next door neighbor, who works for Secret Service. Mainly cause my dad isn't involved much in the "Search & Destroy" thing. Oh, and for all your foregniers, 92% of Americans want military action.

ReaperFett
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:15:40 AM
apparently, the FBI has checked out the house in FLorida of a known Laden supporter. Dont know why or anything

Live Wire
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:38:29 AM
I heared they had made five arrests of people involved. I dunno if thats correct or not but I guess they found flight manuals in arabic I believe. Im keeping an ear on the news throughout the day.

ReaperFett
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:04:47 PM
I think those five were in Boston as well, if thats what I heard (was only half listening)

Live Wire
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:26:30 PM
looks like planes wont be in the air anytime soon. Indefinate ground hold.

ReaperFett
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:37:06 PM
two new things. Firstoff, theres beena Raid on a Boston hotel room, 1 arrested, 1 injured. Second, all NATO members are to vote on Clause 5. Basically, it means that this isn't America's problem soley. It would then be all members of NATO. I presume this is why Tony Blair was phoning all in Europe.

If they have any sense though, they will try to get the Afgahn goverment to help out, save needless bloodshed. Otherwise, you have a large army, trying to attack guerillas in Afgahnistan. That's what Russia did. And they were beaten badly

Sergeant Tyle
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:43:19 PM
Yup...Clause five will essentially mobilize every Nato military force to prepare for contingencies and countermeasures.

slayn rainyer
Sep 12th, 2001, 04:01:19 PM
::shakes head::
heh...

GuardPiett
Sep 12th, 2001, 05:20:26 PM
I'm not sure if y'all know, but the initial plane crashed at exactly 9:11.

Dyne Darkforce
Sep 12th, 2001, 05:46:06 PM
I think most of us really need to calm the hell down. We aint at war with each other. And even if we have these opinions, we arnt the ones who will put the plan into action. Its all up to Bush and the government. So, if we have opinions thats cool, just dont go down each others faces like what you say will be what happens for sure.

Zasz
Sep 12th, 2001, 06:33:57 PM
The FBI should know about that, I hope they get through.

I havent been following the news really, but I am getting more into it right now.

DarthNuriko
Sep 13th, 2001, 12:36:37 AM
Just a few comments... this thread was just too long to read the entire thing, but I needed to get my two cents in.

The scariest part of all of this is people saying this is war and people wanting such retaliation. War is a horrible thing. Never wish for it, even for a second. There is no way in hell we can crush the Taliban and not think there won't be any consequences on yet more innocents-- American or otherwise.

We will rebuild, we will remember, we will celebrate the lives of those now lost to this state existence, and then we will prepare and be prepared for more vicious acts to prevent future tragedies.

Another thing I find disgusting is that some people are taking their anger about this by defacing mosques (sp?) and such. There are many Americans who came from the Middle East and the majority I'm sure don't deserve this rage.

And Bush and his self-righteousness is apalling. I love the USA, but it's no saint. It's done its fair share of killing, too. Perhaps, in a way, this is our Nagasaki. It's foolish to think these types of things can not happen to us.

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 13th, 2001, 12:46:59 AM
Piett..:

8:45 a.m. (all times are EDT): A hijacked passenger jet, American Airlines Flight 11 out of Boston, Massachusetts, crashes into the north tower of the World Trade Center, tearing a gaping hole in the building and setting it afire.

9:03 a.m.: A second hijacked airliner, United Airlines Flight 175 from Boston, crashes into the south tower of the World Trade Center and explodes. Both buildings are burning.

9:17 a.m.: The Federal Aviation Administration shuts down all New York City area airports.

9:21 a.m.: The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey orders all bridges and tunnels in the New York area closed.

9:30 a.m.: President Bush, speaking in Sarasota, Florida, says the country has suffered an "apparent terrorist attack."

9:40 a.m.: The FAA halts all flight operations at U.S. airports, the first time in U.S. history that air traffic nationwide has been halted.

9:43 a.m.: American Airlines Flight 77 crashes into the Pentagon, sending up a huge plume of smoke. Evacuation begins immediately.

9:45 a.m.: The White House evacuates.

slayn rainyer
Sep 13th, 2001, 12:47:15 AM
Ok now I can die happy...
*runs to nuri and hugs her*
Finally....