PDA

View Full Version : Hope begins to flicker from the ashes

Lady Mindy
Sep 13th, 2001, 03:57:32 PM
A bit of hope, a sense of pride, as I watch the rescuers working diligently until they are so exhausted they nearly collapse; only to be given fluids via I.V's then going back in the mess to try to locate those still buried.

I burst into tears as I watched 2 firemen literally crawl out of the mess, then get to their feet and walk away. 3 more were located as well.

Overseas, Britain honored America today as during the changing of their guard, they played the American National Anthem. Outside of the U.S Embassy over there, the British Citizens held a candle light vigil in honor of our losses, the world's losses....

I am not naive..I know that there will be more losses than there aren't. But, to see those men walk away after being buried for 2-3 days under all that rubble and debris was just amazing. I felt that epitomized the American resolve to rise from the ashes and endure, to come out stronger ....

I think I'm just babbling now, I'll hush up...

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 13th, 2001, 04:00:53 PM
I agree...I heard the news and almost leaped out of my skin.

KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE!!! We gotta!

Hart Kenobi
Sep 13th, 2001, 05:56:41 PM
I'm sorry, but those 5 firefighters were not in the initial rubble. They had gotten stuck today or last night on their effort to search for those in the rubble. Though finding them has increased morale, it decreases hope of finding any surivivors of the blast itself.

Lady Mindy
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:26:07 PM
:( ...

Admiral Lebron
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:35:14 PM
Still, when they got caught, it was most likely after they collapsed from exhaustion, and fires. This makes me feel like the end of backdraft, all the firefighters getting caught in the fire. When I was younger, like most boys, I wanted to be a firefighter. I have them amongst my utmost respect. What they do, along with nurses, doctors, and volenteers, amazes me. Gods speed with their efforts!