PDA

View Full Version : I know it doesnt seem like much

Captain Tohmahawk
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:27:01 AM
Reports today say 100 Australians are dead because of this.

I dont know what to think. Yes, it is tiny portion, but for a tiny country that means nothing, that doesnt have anything really happen.... 100 people never coming home.

I'm scanning the lists because I have this horrid feeling I know someone.

It's not the USA who suffers. The world does. Even far away islands like where I live.

Even in this tiny place, so far away from anywhere, home doesnt feel so safe anymore.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:49:42 AM
That is horrible news. :(

I can only confirm what Tohmahawk said. The whole world mourns this tragedy. It was not only an attack against the US, but against the entire civilized world. We are all crying together. :(

Khasha DarNei
Sep 13th, 2001, 09:44:46 AM
One more person dying because of this, is one more needless death....an additional 100 is just adding to the horror...

This post may not make any sense, and I ask for that to be overlooked.

All these things running through my head, its hard to get them in some sensible order...if sense can be made from any of this...

From what I understand, the US Troops have been called to arms; I can only assume or guess that since invoking Article V, that means all 19 countries allied with/through NATO have called their troops to arms as well. Seems to me these terrorists have just pissed off all the wrong people/nations.

Breaking news as I type this out...Three vehicles have been located on one of the burroughs of New York, Staton Island I believe, and its been sealed off. Authorities are on those vehicles now for having some connection to all of this..

Reports in my area, Chicago, last night were speaking about attacks being made against the Arabs in our city, and in the nation. We CANNOT blame an entire race for this atrocity. We can only blame those individuals who are responsible for this.

Speaking with another rper this morning on AIM, we both found it disgusting that the media would show the film footage of the palastinians celebrating in the streets over this tragedy. The media is just fueling an already angry nation/world by doing this; adding to the hatred and the racism. The media should NOT be showing that footage. Period. There's enough hate and anger in the world as it is, don't add to it.

Closer to home, something touching. A woman my mother works with had picked up her son after work and treated him to a McDonald's dinner. As she and her son were leaving, he told her he'd be right back. She asked him, her son is 5 by the way, where he was going he just told her to wait a second for him. He then walked up to a table where 5 policemen had been sitting and introduced himself to them. Her son then proceeded to tell them to be careful when they go out, because there were bad, bad people out there. One of the officers had told the boy that they would be careful then stood and gave the little one a hug. When the officer sat down again, her son persisted, and told them again to be careful and why; this little boy was serious and so sincerely worried for their safety. The officers promised this boy they'd be very careful. Her son went back to his mother and she looked over to the officers...who had tears in their eyes from this small act of kindness from a 5 year old little boy....

The news showed footage of people in England gathering before the U.S Embassy; leaving flowers and holding a silent vigil for our victims.

All the different views being reported, the worst is yet to come. For me, the hardest part is beginning now as they begin to show photos of the victims....putting faces to the names just forces this whole bloody situation to become less surreal and more real.

slayn rainyer
Sep 13th, 2001, 12:35:35 PM
::shakes head::
All death is needless...All life that is snuffed out is bad.From a blade of grass to a person nothing needs to be killed.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 13th, 2001, 03:20:25 PM
Then we can't eat....then we die.

Until humans can photosynthesize...there is no logic in that statement.

Dyne Darkforce
Sep 13th, 2001, 05:55:23 PM
This gets worse and worse. :(

slayn rainyer
Sep 13th, 2001, 05:59:44 PM
There is a natural balance,In every life on this world except ours.We will continue to waste everything including ourselves until there is nothing left...and there is sence in every staement.That dosen't mean that everyone will understand them...mine or otherwise.

Hart Kenobi
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:01:17 PM
Obviously. It isn't a matter of if people are killed, it's which people are killed.

Lord Shadow Reaper
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:27:57 PM
200-500 British dead

slayn rainyer
Sep 13th, 2001, 06:31:49 PM
::shakes head::
*Thinks after all this head shaking I'll need a massage*
No.It is firmly a matter of all people not who...

Hart Kenobi
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:30:10 PM
Though I'm not really sure what that last reply says, I assume you want to protect all life, right?

Don't even bother believing that rubbish that you probably learned from your parents or your place of worship. I don't know how old you are or where you live, but I KNOW you don't believe that. You have probably had it brainwashed into your head by cartoons from a very young age that all life is precious and this is a sin and that is a sin, but that means bs once you get to the real world. Instinct tells you thing deep inside you, you just want to ignore it. Humans are predators. Predators to wild animals, the Earth itself, and even to other humans. It's human nature. The strong kill the weak. Unfortunately, mankind has been able to develop itself to become powerful enough to seriously threaten our world.

Don't continue to wish that things were different. It will only make you vulnerable to the next attack. Which will, most definitely, be by our own kind: humans. If you want to succeed and survive in our world's society, you'll have to learn the lessons we have been getting now.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:45:53 PM
Thanks Hart...I was trying to find the words...

Dyne Darkforce
Sep 13th, 2001, 08:14:41 PM
Interesting Hart, to say the least.

FightingChance
Sep 13th, 2001, 08:30:46 PM
Good words Hart. My math teacher, tried to tell us that. But it was like .. 5 minutes after we watched the towers collapse live..

slayn rainyer
Sep 13th, 2001, 08:43:55 PM
Ummm...How about no...I lernt nothing from my parents and had to raise myself.The posters here that know me in RL can vouch on that.All my ideals were thought about by me.No cartoons or god.Infact everything you said well pretaing to humans i agree with.In that i've said it now to many times to remember people are disgusting.Humans have no place on this earth;after we destroy ourselves maybe the planet can rest...and since were ooc i'll let you know i don't like being ofended.(To clarify i'm not but if iknew you i would be)

Sergeant Tyle
Sep 13th, 2001, 08:52:48 PM
If humans are disgusting and should be destroyed, why should it matter if you're offended or not...I mean, shouldn't you be destroyed?

This is all I'm going to say to you. Frankly, there are other things more pressing to my attention, I'm sorry.

Lady Mindy
Sep 13th, 2001, 09:03:08 PM
_____
All death is needless
_____

Correction. Death is a necessity under other circumstances. Without the death of a cow, pig, or any other creature that provides us with meat....

Without that cucumber, grain of wheat, kernel of corn, etc etc...

We starve.

Without the natural predators in the wild, the planet is overrun. Natural resources are depleted, sooner or later...extinction...

Perhaps the correct way of stating what you said is...

Murder, acts of violence, verbal, mental, physical and emotional abuse against others, suicides...etc.. Are the deaths that are needless....

If you truly feel the way you keep stating that you do, then I for one, truly pity you....

slayn rainyer
Sep 13th, 2001, 09:27:47 PM
First:I to should be destroyed and i'm not ofended.
Second:You're absolutly right mindy.I also said though that there is a natural order.We as people and ispesialy those of us who are americans over use and waste everything.Ispecialy our own lives.