PDA

View Full Version : About this Nostrodamus quote people are mentioning

ReaperFett
Sep 12th, 2001, 10:55:32 PM
fury.com/article/925.php (http://fury.com/article/925.php)

"This pair of 'Nostradamus quotes' being propagated via email and web pages, isn't what it appears to be at all. On one hand, by taking two separate brief prophecies, one can form any kind of after-the-fact prediction that one wants to, magnetic-poetry-style, but more importantly, the first quote wasn't written by Nostradamus at all but was written five years ago by Neil Marshall, a Canadian high school senior in his Critical Analysis of Nostradamus"

Ryu Warusa
Sep 12th, 2001, 10:57:44 PM
Good work Fett, I was tired of that Nostradamus bullsh*t. Every class period, someone brings it up. It tends to get annoying. I keep trying to tell them to keep it to solid facts.

ReaperFett
Sep 12th, 2001, 10:59:57 PM
"A man in a suit will bring people to their knees"
"The lottery will be won by a man..............or a woman"

Call me Nostrafettus, I could be on to something! :)

Gurney Devries
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:03:13 PM
I had my suspicions that this particular prophecy was faked. However, Nostradamus is renknowned for making predictions of striking accuracy.

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 13th, 2001, 12:41:48 AM
Yeah, and countless more that never came true..

Captain Tohmahawk
Sep 13th, 2001, 12:52:59 AM
I dont know who here would quite have the frame of reference I do, but the fact is, the so called predictions he came up with have changed in the last 25 years. And not a single thing his followers claimed would happen, ever have. I clearly remember that WWIII was slated to happen..... 13 years ago.

Dont waste your time. He wrote so ambiguos, that he could have predicted the number of pubic hair I have, if you looked at it from a certain POV. It's nothing short of rubbish, the whole lot.

Sergeant Tyle
Sep 13th, 2001, 01:04:14 AM
I will use FMH words :)

"What utter rot!"

SAURRON
Sep 13th, 2001, 03:49:05 AM
Dont waste your time. He wrote so ambiguos, that he could have predicted the number of pubic hair I have, if you looked at it from a certain POV. It's nothing short of rubbish, the whole lot.

I must admit you have your moments. :)

GuardPiett
Sep 13th, 2001, 07:08:03 PM
If I were just a tad less mature, I'd have quite the responce to that :-p

Kyros Kane
Sep 13th, 2001, 10:44:01 PM
Good eye fett.
I believe there is no real way in seeing the futcher because its kinda like a flowing stream changing course all of the time.