PDA

View Full Version : Universal Call to All

Khasha DarNei
Sep 12th, 2001, 03:29:11 AM
I received this in my email moments ago. I thought it would be right to share this with those who are reading about this senseless tragedy.

Call To Americans
eUniverse would like to observe
A moment of silence
To remember those who perished
In our Nation's tragedy,
As well as thank emergency personnel.

Here is a special poem in memory of those who we have lost:

Does anyone think it's easy
To be a creature of this world?
To ask for reasons
When all reasons serve only
To make the darkness darker,
And to break the heart?
--Not only of man,
But of all breathing things?
Perhaps, friends, it is time
To take a stand
Against all this senseless hurt.

--Kenneth Patchen

Help Those In Need
Please Call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE

Please help everyone in America
by sending this to all your friends and family
to inform them on how they too can help out.
We all can do our part and lend a hand.

Zasz
Sep 12th, 2001, 08:41:47 AM
I myself also wrote a poem about this. I will post it later, when I get home.

FightingChance
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:21:17 AM
Man.. I don't know where all of you are, we are taking this hard. Any help you can give can help us in DC, and the poor guys in NYC alot. So do give blood and if you are a doctor or pyschologist, go to NYC. And if you are a Pyschologist go to DC. To the high schools and other schools. We need it. Yesderday, people feared for their parents lives alot.

Lord Gue
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:24:45 AM
I called my dad for the first time in years last night, he lives in MD on the border of DC, he says you can smell the fumes from the wreckage where he's at. Truly if this wernt a time to bring people together I know not what would be

FightingChance
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:34:33 AM
I can smell them down here too.

Khasha DarNei
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:24:41 PM
I've done all I can by donating blood and financially too. I have a degree in nursing and I truly wish I could go to offer my aide in that area, but due to other matters, I cannot. All those in NYC, DC, and across the country are in my prayers...

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:26:54 PM
I wish I could give blood but I know they would turn me away. Pisses me off actually... I used to work in a group home where the kids can get rough and I got bit so I need to wait a frelling year before I can give blood again :mad:

Khasha DarNei
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:36:35 PM
That's awful, Dale. It may not seem like much to simply offer prayers and condolences, but any gift from the heart surpasses the rest.

Write injuries in the sand, kindness in marble.

A fitting quote:

"The best portion of a good man's life: His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love..."

--William Wordsworth

"If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart..."

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does..."

--William James

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.."

--Confuscius

Sergeant Tyle
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:41:43 PM
I've organized my fraternity...and we're all giving blood, as well as doing volunteer work.

Khasha DarNei
Sep 12th, 2001, 01:04:06 PM
Just a thought...

Have you ever noticed that we go about our daily lives, taking the simplest things for granted? We hear about terrorist attacks in other nations; IE: Third world countries seem to see this type of horrendous act almost daily....note, i said almost..

And yes, there are those who supply aid and such, but it seems like most of the world is desensitized to such atrocities. Until it strikes at home. Our nation rallies together with efficiency and swiftness. All prejudices seem to be over looked and all grudges set aside to pull together as one, strong, united front to do what has to be done. Its just a shame that as the news of this wanes, the prejudices, hatred, and violence returns once again.

We should be as strong and united on a daily basis, as we are in times in distress....

Maybe, just maybe, this time will be different?

One can only pray...

Sergeant Tyle
Sep 12th, 2001, 01:12:04 PM
There are only personal apocalypses. Nothing is a cliche when its happening to you.

FightingChance
Sep 12th, 2001, 01:20:26 PM
When America is hit as hard as it was yesterday, everyone, people see the Greatest Nation on the planet, hurt, but not thrown into chaos or fear, but stand up to defend itself with swift, deadly action, that sends fear into other countries. Especially when they attack the World Trade Center towers, a mighty symbol of freedom and capitalism.

Sergeant Tyle
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:00:39 PM
Not to mention, they hit about every nation on earth in the pocketbook with this attack. That alone will hang themselves. This attack was extremely STUPID of them...cause now they've really got no red tape to hide behind. We've got global consensus more or less to hunt them all the way to Hell and back.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:01:23 PM
I do not usually write poems, but I feel I should give it a try. For the victims, and for the future.

<font color=cyan>"We stand together"

So much destruction

huge buildings
balls of fire
clouds of smoke
carpet of dust
wrecks of car

nothing but rubble

It seems like a nightmare

So many lives
mothers
fathers
sons
daughters
sisters
brothers
friends

falling out windows
burnt by fire
choked
buried

thousands of souls
lost

They took it away
they chose their target

so cold
no heart
no tears
only rage and hatred

WHY?

I dont know the answer
perhaps there is none

But I do know,
we face this together

United
we shall survive
we shall overcome
we shall rise

In this darkest hour

together</font>

Sergeant Tyle
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:04:43 PM
One positive thing of this...I've seen some of the best acts of humanity rise to the challenge and respond to this crisis.

"Proud to be an American" hasn't been such a strong phrase since WW2. I can honestly say that I feel that pride and committment with every moment that goes by.

slayn rainyer
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:13:11 PM
And still?...You would have them hunted down and killed?That makes you no better then any of them...at all.This is why people period are disgusting...

Sergeant Tyle
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:23:31 PM
Except we kill perpetrators...not indiscriminate innocents. We'd be far more disgusting if we turned another cheek to these zealots, and let them sneak a nuclear warhead into times square next time.

In the grand scheme of things, we are the good guys here, even if that means we have to take aggressive action. Its all to save lives...and your logic right now is very baffling to me.

slayn rainyer
Sep 12th, 2001, 04:09:38 PM
Understand...killing is killing.We're all inocent.We're all lied to and for that matter no one knows the truth,and yet we're the good guys?
Heh...
We (the good guys) have done far wores in the past...Our motivation freedom...Hmmm what is freedom?Is it bondage and slavery?Master cards and mortgatges,maybe bombs and guns?
Look past this point of veiw is a very signifigant thing.(Btw im on my dc not my pc so i can't use spell check please forgive)
No one is free here or in any other country.As long as we are still people there will always be events such as this.It is what we do,we destroy...

Lady DeVille
Sep 12th, 2001, 04:33:14 PM
I must disagree with you. True, humanity as a whole is pretty depraved. But there is a difference between punishment and terrorism.

We know that the terrorists deeds are BAD, because we hold to a higher standard. A GOODNESS, a Light does exist, and we can know that because we all see the darkness.

America holds a higher standard than these terrorists do. When we go to punish them, it will be just, and it will be final. And we won't be going after innocent businessmen. (you say all are guilty...we are all guilty of certain things. Like letting the world get this way in the first place. Its time it was cleaned up)

Sergeant Tyle
Sep 12th, 2001, 04:42:37 PM
I am not jaded...I know exactly what is at stake. I think too many conspiracy theories and the fact that its fashionably chic to question the consensus are really poisoning a lot of perspectives on this.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 12th, 2001, 04:44:46 PM
Just want to say I agree with what Lady Deville said.

slayn rainyer
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:05:31 PM
I agree to a point.still though there is no excuse for killing.

Pierce Tondry
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:27:30 PM
No, there isn't. Which makes it all the more imperative that the organization behind the Twin Towers destruction be stopped- so they can't kill anyone again.

Sanis Prent
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:31:36 PM
Agreed.

slayn rainyer
Sep 13th, 2001, 12:58:21 AM
I think i'll take a new approch to this...Would any of you try to empty the ocean?

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Sep 13th, 2001, 01:10:53 AM
*hugs Brian* glad to see you around still. I hate it when I don't hear from people in times like this. Makes me nervous.

(And I choose to not respond to slayn, on the grounds that my comments may be inflammatory and I shouldn't say them in the first place.)

slayn rainyer
Sep 13th, 2001, 01:41:14 AM
...Anyway it would be pointless to try.You could never empty the ocean.Being that the world is full of people it could never be rid of acts such as this one.Further more by starting a war or even "punishing" those involved it will only fuel the cycle already turning.

Pierce Tondry
Sep 14th, 2001, 11:36:55 AM
*Hugs Holly.* Hey Holly- it's good to see you, too. I'm glad you're okay.

Slayn the question is not one of emptying an ocean. It's one of controlling chaos, something that can be done. What limits our ability in this regard is that it takes a vast amount of energy to do so. When chaos gets the upper hand, it is imperative that those who recognize it respond in a fashion that will promote stability on as many fronts as possible.

That is what weakens the cycle.

Killing a man who can and has killed millions does promote stability. What is important is that such a killing be followed up by people who are interested in reconciliation, not punitive acts. They must work to understand the feeling that caused the action, and they must break down that wall and build it into a bridge.

That is what breaks the cycle.

Understanding. Fellowship. Trust.

Sanis Prent
Sep 14th, 2001, 12:01:35 PM
HTML Comments are not allowed

Sanis Prent
Sep 14th, 2001, 12:06:32 PM
WHAAT? GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

@#%$ YOU EZBOARD!!!!

(SHOOTS THEM IN THE NUTS!!!!!)

Sanis Prent
Sep 14th, 2001, 12:08:20 PM
In mathematical terms...this is similar to in infinite limit.

we are told that lim as x ~> infinity of 1/X is zero. That means, that as x gets larger and larger and is almost to infinity....then 1/X should be almost zero.

It will never get to zero, but can get infinitely close.

We will never totally end violence...not until the Lord returns and takes us in the Rapture. But until then...we can make the limit approach zero.

Its the best we can do...and that is good enough for me.

slayn rainyer
Sep 14th, 2001, 02:38:53 PM
Well spoken...
::claps::
No qusetion in why you're the buisness man around here.

Kitty McQuade
Sep 14th, 2001, 04:09:46 PM
:: hugs Slayn ::

Because I feel you need one, that's why.

slayn rainyer
Sep 15th, 2001, 01:50:01 AM
Yay!
:p Somebody loves me! Woo hoo :rollin: