PDA

View Full Version : Solidarity

Lady Mindy
Sep 14th, 2001, 07:10:13 PM
Just heard on the news...

According to the last part of a news broadcast that I overheard, they are asking that everyone go outside of their homes at 7:00 pm ... I didn't hear if that was for any specific time zone, so if anyone heard the same report, please clarify the time zone if it was stated, and they are asking that you light a candle at this time....

Just thought I would share this with those of you hear reading these threads...

Figrin D an
Sep 14th, 2001, 07:13:03 PM
The requested time was 7:00 PM, EST (at least according to the reports and emails I've read.)

Sergeant Tyle
Sep 14th, 2001, 07:15:23 PM
Both of my candles are now lit on my desk

Lady Mindy
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:13:42 PM
Thank you. I have mine on my desk and a small light in my window still....

Nichos Marr
Sep 14th, 2001, 08:41:14 PM
Ahh it's beautiful. Half a million people gathered at Ottawa to mourn. It's bringing tears to my eyes, just watching everyone show their support. It's quite amazing how many band together in times of needs.

God Bless the World.

Lady Mindy
Sep 15th, 2001, 02:26:35 AM
I have to admit to being deeply moved by all of the show of support not only from the Americans, but from the other countries as well. The services were televised today and it was beautifully performed, but I think the image that got to me the most was when they showed the changing of the guard to the American Anthem..and all the english/british gathered around Buckingham Palace <?> (omg! I forgot my geography!) in tears, praying along side with us, the world for this travisty was truly amazing...