PDA

View Full Version : A 30 day non aggression agreement on the boards

Jedah Lynch
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:19:06 PM
After the cowardly attacks on US soil this past week many here have been left in shock, stunned, and bewildered by whats happened.

This in turn has caused many to be currently distant from RPing if not only posting on occassion to one or two threads, many of which are here in this forum about the attacks themselves or issues dealing with them.

From talking to many and paying attention to how many are acting right now its easy to see many are simply not able to do any RPing in any major way if at all.

They need time to deal with whats happened, with that in mind I think we should have a 30 day none agression agreement on the boards to give many the time they need to work things out in RL. Right now many do not need to worry about some pulling a stunt on a group and overall doubt its even an issue with some at this time because RL does come first.

Small or personal RPs should be allowed of course, its only right due to some many need that to take their mind off whats going on, for some it might take away some boredom. Yet anything on a large scale, such as attacks or sneaking about a group to get info etc should be ceased for a month, right now people are tense and overall it would be highly insenstive despite this being an RP for someone to pull a crazy stunt at a time when many are unable or unwilling to do anything.

Some people need time do deal with their grief and pain. Think its only right we give them that. It might go a long ways to helping many.

Ron Thrawn
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:28:25 PM
And, after a month I will get DIablo II, because my BDAY is OCT. 16, and will most likely be to busy with that for RPing, so people who just want me to drop dead ( and I know there are a few) will be able to be without me in RP's for a while, with me taking a large leave of absence as soon as the one month is up.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:30:43 PM
Seems reasonable to me.

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:34:53 PM
Would things that were currently still going on be finished?

Ryu Warusa
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:36:54 PM
I agree, TVO will not be stealing anything or raiding any planets, ships, etc. for the time being. Personal RPs shall of course continue.

Jedah Lynch
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:39:27 PM
Would things that were currently still going on be finished?

That would be left to the people involved in such things. Can not force anyone to not do something, if they are up to it fine.

Still, not like the post will vanish, they will still be there if people do need the time, can be moved to the new board being made as well unless heard wrong.

Ron Thrawn
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:42:57 PM
Cir, I would like to finnish that RP, so I can take a leave of absence for a few months after RPing starts up again, to play Diablo II while my character floats in a bacta tank.

ReaperFett
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:48:48 PM
thats good IMO. We dont have to completely shut up shop, jsut the alrger scale things. I can do that

Admiral Lebron
Sep 15th, 2001, 03:50:53 PM
I will not make any agressive movements, but, there will be a few things, I need to do that are of utmost importance.

Satine Capashen
Sep 15th, 2001, 07:41:16 PM
I agree whole-heartedly.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 15th, 2001, 09:20:20 PM
I don't.

Think about it. This is exactly what the terrorist would have wanted. We are putting aside what we do normally because of this event. I will continue to RP as I always have.

slayn rainyer
Sep 15th, 2001, 09:23:00 PM
::shrugs::
I agree with morgan. I'll continue to rp as usual.

Force Master Hunter
Sep 15th, 2001, 09:26:23 PM
While a non aggression pact is a good idea, however I for one am going to try to step up my activities. I come here to escape the real world - I usually am most profilic when I need to put real life to one side, forget I have mortage, a stressful job and in some regards just an ordinary life.

Thence, I'm just simply going to continue. Besides, what I do doesnt affect other groups as I've chosen a long time ago that I would just simply do my own thing and if it affects other people, I TELL them. No sneakage.

I write for my own enjoyment, escapeism too and also hopefully so others can escape for a while too by reading what I and other who are working alongside do. I am simply doing stuff like SCC as that is what I truly enjoy. Not out to take over the galaxy, not out to splatter other groups and people. Just simply write, express myself and just escape for a while somewhere else.

Lady Vader
Sep 15th, 2001, 10:20:07 PM
I for one do not want to stop RPing for a whole month. I use this as a time to get away and to busy my mind.

Personally, I don't want to dwell on anything bad right now, especially what happened last Tuesday. I'm not one to just sit and contimplate. I mourn, yes, but then I move on. Dwelling on it won't make anything better or worse. It's like being in a sort of limbo. I want to move out of that limbo and get back to life. I'm not going to let the acts of cowards stop me from having fun and persuing my daily goals.

I will be continuing my RPs.

Anbiraa Hicchoru
Sep 15th, 2001, 11:06:18 PM
Yeah, I dunno about it...I really rely on this place to take away some stress. 30 days without this...and I'd be a gibberin idiot.

Jedah Lynch
Sep 15th, 2001, 11:53:42 PM
Never said give up all RPing for the time, only those that could be on a more massive level that would require many in any two groups need to particapate or have lasting impact.

Thats so people dont get stressed out having to be in an RP war or situation that would require some to more then likly kill people depending on the situation. Not sure many especially those on the dark side groups are exactly up to that right now. RP or not. Its not real, thats true but feel some may not be able to distinct between the two right now enough until their minds are given time to be healed and focused once more.

Forcing some might only drive them away depending on the mental state of some. Give them time and they shall be back when they are ready and able, thats my view, but right now make the boards an important part to check out due to some thread or going on and it more then likely will frusterate some to no end. That I doubt shall help any which was the reason I posted what I did, otherwise normally would have said such a request to be pointless, this though is not exactly normal times as we have known them.

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Sep 16th, 2001, 12:17:01 AM
Thats kinda funny, actually

I've been using my Sgt Tyle character to shunt away a lot of the utter rage I'm feeling right now. I don't want to randomly kill afghans in a war, but at least this way, I can let loose all of my anger in a constructive form, and play a character who can think of nothing better than to kill every enemy of his country...with a patriotic smile on his face.

Lady DeVille
Sep 16th, 2001, 02:20:41 AM
I will be continuing to RP. I do agree that any wars or bloodshed might be hard for some people. I think that those people know who they are, and they should just stay away from it themselves.

But I'm not going to be starting anything. As it is some of my RPs are on hold already because of other things.

Vega Van Derveld
Sep 16th, 2001, 06:38:58 AM
I think RPing, or even just reading others threads, is a good way of taking you mind off the current events, or releasing some of the pressure/stress... although yes, some of the larger/violent rps should be held off.

Sergeant Tyle
Sep 16th, 2001, 06:42:50 AM
( KILLS Vega with EXTREME PREJUDICE!)

Vega Van Derveld
Sep 16th, 2001, 07:58:34 AM
X_X

Jedah Lynch
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:37:37 PM
TYLE!

Its my offical job to maim/kill/scare Vega thank you very much.

So unless you want fisticuffs you'll step down solider.

:mad:

Satine Capashen
Sep 16th, 2001, 01:39:44 PM
Actually you guys might be right. I can always loose myself on Neopets, but here I can at least blow things up for fun...:D

Cerasi
Sep 16th, 2001, 08:51:46 PM
I agree, it's a good idea. :)

FightingChance
Sep 16th, 2001, 08:57:04 PM
If you want to bind yourself to the pact, knock yourself out. I have decided TIR shall not abide by this. Not like we intend to attack anyone anyways. But we will continue with out scheming and plotting and building and whatnot. Band of Brothers is on. Bye.