PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding the Bandwagon.

Nichos Marr
Sep 17th, 2001, 07:55:54 PM
Hello everyone. I can just imagine a bunch of people staring at this and saying: "Oh come on! Not another one!". I know, I know. I would be doing the same if I saw another of these character evaluation threads. They're just clutter, and I doubt people want to waste their time to respond to it. I don't expect a lot of responses, if any. Besides, a lot of peoples minds are elsewhere, and Roleplaying is the least of their worries.

But I'm posting it. Lately I find that I just can't Roleplay. Every time I try to write a post or start an RP, I feel insecure and unsatisfied. I'm really starting to doubt if I have any creativity or originality left (If I had any at all).

Currently, I'm RPing with 6 characters, some more then others. Some may frown upon multiple characters, but I find it a good way to renew my interest in roleplaying. Variety is the spice of life they say.

Please I don't normally ask for much, but if you can spare the time, please respond to this. I need to get past my insecurity about my RPs and start roleplaying again. Even if you only post to give me some pointers or advice, it would be helpful.

I've been aching to do this for a while now. So...I'd really love to know what some of you think of:

-Nichos Marr
-Seth Darkserpent
-Vekaar Vekin
-Oosa Feddra
-Jedi Order Holocron (part-time character)
-IG-90 (part-time character)

Thanks in advance.

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 17th, 2001, 08:06:44 PM
Nichos Marr - A really excellent character I don't see enough of. I've enjoyed roleplaying with him in the past and think he's very well done, and there's really nothing I would change about him. He's greast as is.

Seth Darkserpent - I like him, but he seems to over-react a lot. I mean sure, it's part of his character, but I would want to see more of him as a composed person than as a mad-man. It's always interested me to see what he's like when he's not being a psychopath... heh.

Vekaar Vekin - My next favorite non-Force user next to Prent. :)

Oosa Fedra - Who? I don't remember him... :/

Jedi Holocron - An interested take on the concept, but I guess I don't have any thoughts about it as a character. I do think it's a great idea though...

IG-90 - Very good representation of the original IG series, right down to the thought patterns. I hope he'll stick around more than part-time.

Nichos Marr
Sep 17th, 2001, 09:30:48 PM
It really means a lot to know that people would view and not reply. This isn't some bad joke or ploy just to interest people into evaluating my characters. I doubt people care about my @#%$, but the one time I need support from others I don't get it.

I just wanted to know if I'm worth something...guess not...

Admiral Taylor Millard
Sep 17th, 2001, 09:31:36 PM
I can only really comment on Seth Darkserpent.

I'm happy with how he's being done. He's interested in knowledge and isn't the typical Dark Jedi or Sith. He does tend to overreact, but he's got a vast extensive knowledge of the Force. He's my favorite character; but then I'm biased...he is my master.

Nichos Marr- Hmm...I haven't seen to much of him but he seems like a palatable guy. I tend to not read too many threads unless people point it out as something of interest.

I don't know alot of the other characters and I tend to keep my thoughts to myself (or on IM). But seriously, you're doing a fine job. Your characters are interesting and pretty cool.

I look forward to the next threads you work on. And you're a good person and RPer to boot.

Gurney Devries
Sep 18th, 2001, 12:39:45 AM
I haven't really been roleplaying much myself, lately, so I wouldn't feel justified in making any real comments. However, I must say that the Holocron was one of the more original ideas I've seen in a while, and I like it a lot.

Force Master Hunter
Sep 18th, 2001, 01:23:44 AM
YOU play Holocron?

Oh man, that's one of the best RP ideas I have seen in ages. Congratulations on that one. More please

Admiral Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2001, 01:53:41 PM
See there are people who like your characters.
I wouldn't worry about it too much either. you're doing just fine.

Nichos Marr
Sep 18th, 2001, 03:12:57 PM
See there are people who like your characters.

Incorrect, they like the Holocron :)

I guess I should start RPing the cube more often. But thanks for the support guys.

Teka Kenobi
Sep 18th, 2001, 04:26:50 PM
Nichos - A great guy. I feel he needs to rp more, as from what I can see, his character is one that could be developed further. As said before I wouldn't change anything about Nichos except one thing, that I could say to almost all of the Jedi (including me). You're too posh. No, Jedi don't seek out fun, but when it's there take it!

Vekaar - Although I often roleplay with this characterwith another of my own, I don't always understand him. He's a guy that does jobs for money (I'm sure that has a name). In my opinion this character needs to be brought out more, and his personal information...unpersonalised :)

Seth - You told me about him, but I dunno him.

IG - Same as above.

Oosa - Needs to roleplay more. I've never seen him in an rp that wasn't in the B&G or WotW. And keep in mind not all of the Gungans were as..annoying as Jar Jar.

Holocron - Great idea, perhaps this should assert the most authority of all the characters. As the information source of the Jedi it is a key factor to their training.

I dont think there was anyone else? :)

Zasz
Sep 18th, 2001, 08:54:52 PM
Seth: Awesome character, I lovet o see him RP!

Nichos: man, this is the character I have seen the most of, I am quite enjoying the RP that I am doing right now.

Holocron: I havent seen much of this character, But awesome.

I dont know much of your other characters, but I can imagine they all rule.

Darth Rane
Sep 18th, 2001, 09:18:54 PM
He's a guy that does jobs for moneyDon't most people do jobs for money? :|

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 18th, 2001, 09:23:55 PM
I think what he meant is a mercenary. :lol:

Nichos Marr
Sep 18th, 2001, 09:28:25 PM
:lol:

Thanks you guys. I managed to get 8 posts done tonight, and I was quite pleased with all of them. Thanks :)

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 18th, 2001, 09:35:40 PM
I'm glad to see you up and about again. ^_^

Cerasi
Sep 18th, 2001, 09:57:28 PM
Yuppers ^_^