PDA

View Full Version : RP: First Contact (One Jedi)

PraetoriteYominCarr
Jan 3rd, 2001, 10:01:07 PM
OOC: Greetings! My 'name' is Yomin Carr. Several of you may still remember the threats of Nom Anor YV a long while ago. Well, I was here too, and remember me or not, I'm going for a decent re-entry. I don't believe in battles without a role-play set within.

In this one, the time frame is slightly before the appearance of Nom Anor in Crimson Empire II. So, if any of you jedi have a small period of your past as undefined, I'd love for you to play the part of a Jedi flying off to some backwater world to see if ExGal was right about a miniscule asteroid jumping into hyperspace for this unnamed location.

The winner will recieve the contents of a small and hidden treasure room deep below the crust, where some forgotten warlord left his private stash of gems, and a few droids may still be watering his pet pydirian trees =)!

IC

:: It had been a long time since his knobby feet slapped against the soft ground of a planet. Too long. The malaced face of the alien lifted slightly to observe a pair of amphibians cutting their way through the placid surface of a nearby water body. The power of life, thought he, Is a terrible thing to turn aside. At that moment, a single raft plooded across the same suface, yet ripping the water around it with vast ripples. The screech of the motor screeched madly. The cloaked figure growled silently, but restrained from any physical reaction.

Think of better things, Yomin, prodded a voice in the back of his head. Think of how horrid being cramped in one of those ships for the months, as you were. And then think of this. . . Yomin, as he was named, subconsciously swept his arm in a graceful arc at the granduer of the land around him. Unscarred. Typical of an infidel planet. But no worry of it. Soon enough, blood will soak these plains, as well as those of every other.

Scouting. A pathetic job for a warrior of his class. Well, there was always a lower place on the hierarchy chain, but that's what Yomin felt. He wondered why he had actually chosen this vermin populated galaxy as the site for his next mission. Well, it beats hand to hand with chazrachs on the homeworld.

And it did. Already, Yomin had mapped the entire sector, and on the first day of his small break on this small planet, he had found something of epic proportions. A twig. ::

Darth Turbogeek
Jan 3rd, 2001, 10:32:09 PM
OOc : I'll bite :)

PraetoriteYominCarr
Jan 3rd, 2001, 11:45:29 PM
OOC: I could take that in more than one way...

:lol:

J/k. You have AIM?

Darth Turbogeek
Jan 4th, 2001, 12:11:19 AM
Yes I do. AIM is Darth Turbogeek

PraetoriteYominCarr
Jan 7th, 2001, 02:55:25 AM

Darth Turbogeek
Jan 9th, 2001, 05:19:12 AM
It had initially annoyed him quite greatly when The head of the Jedi Council, Rmaio had called him. Still recovering from a frightening battle between himself and two Sith Masters (Garik Loran and Lounge Lizard), the Jedi Knight Turbogeek was still aching from the bruises and the bone healers that the medicial droids had used. About the only consolation was that he had left the Sith in as bad condition. Still – he had learned something – the taste of defeat rankled., even if it was against overwhelming odds. He would have rather have a few days more to sort his mind out. Get the last aches and pains out, Get some training centre time, get some confidence back. Being belted was not something that sat lightly with him and it burned to make amends.

Being called to the Council rally wasn’t something he wanted to do, but ebing only recently being promoted to Jedi Knight meant he still could not just go and do as he wished, even if he could wipe the floor of all the Council. He had met every one of them at some time in training and had given even Boricua, two feet taller and considerably heavier a sound smacking. One on one, he believed himself the best that was and continued to strive for what he saw as perfection.

It also was due to a past he would have rather put aside put aside and make amends for. Not many knew of the Sith past he had and that suited him fine. Still, what did the Council want of him? A dressing down for seeking out Sith and cracking their heads? The Council were too damn entrenched on their pacifist views. Didn’t ey also know there were Jedi Warlords and Jedi sects that honed the fighting arts?

Well, whatever. The Council called and he would come like their trained pet.

--

The presentation ended and silence reigned for a moment, while the Council digested the holo.

“And your seriously expecting me to believe that rubbish, go out on a wild bantha chase?” Turbogeek was well known for speaking his mind and the Council had come to expect it. It was noted that some didn’t quite appreciate the forthright way he would do it, but while he was tactless and blunt to an extreme, the Jedi knew Turbogeek to be without guile and honest in what he said. And also unafraid to be just that as well.

“This came from a most reliable source” answered FoxDVD

“Reliable?!?! Oh yeah, your source reports an asteroid, a hunk of rock of all things going into hyperspace. Now what is wrong with that holo, shall we say?”

Rmaio sighed. It was always this way dealing with Turbogeek, the blazing temper, the almost rudeness. You just needed some patience and to work him to your point of view – do it wrong and that spelt trouble. He had to admit, if it wasn’t for the fact Turbogeek was already the most powerful Jedi anyone had seen since Luke Skywalker they probably would have given up on him already. There was also the fact of DT’s rather checkered past…

“Look, we know how unlikely this is, but we need someone good to check it out. The space around there is quite wild and we lost a Jedi to smugglers about a year ago…”

“Clearly un prepared for combat. I see no reason why I should go”

“But what of reports of reptilian creatures, over 2 and a half meters tall..”

Turbogeek’s head snapped so quickly to regard Figrin D’An, it was a wonder his head didn’t fall off. “What?”

“There was also a sighting of a creature, huge with clawed hands..”

“Why in the Force did you not say that first? This… asteroid is a sensor error or someone drunk. The creature…. Well that’s different. Send the co-ordinates to my ship and I will be leaving immediately”

Turbogeek walked out quickly, leaving the Council in bewilderment.

“he was more ready to believe a drunk fisherman than a trained NR scanner crew. Are you sure promoting him was a good idea Rmaio?” asked Fox.

“We will see Fox, we will see”

--

It was about as far out into the Outer rim you could go without falling off the edge. The planet was unremarkable and the Jedi had landed without detection, by a small lake. It was here ExGal had extrapolated that the so called asteroid had been destined. A scan of space had found no asteroid capable of flight (well – plummeting would be the closest they would get) and there was nothing on the surface that could be said to be even remotely technological like that. What a damn waste of time.

Still, this world was rather beautiful. Might be a good idea to have a bit of a walk around, smell the flowers sort of. Whatever. It was just nice to be off that thrice accursed world of Coruscant and it’s damable city. It was one of those things – he had never liked crowds, preferring the quiet of the natural. Be a good time to do some meditation and then report to the Council, give them a piece of his mind for this stupid chase over nothing.

A boat nearby cut the lake’s surface as the Jedi walked away from his ship.