PDA

View Full Version : Journey into the Wilderness

Gav Mortis
Dec 10th, 2000, 04:40:17 PM
OOC:

Continued from:

pub23.ezboard.com/fthesit...=222.topic (http://pub23.ezboard.com/fthesithorderdiscussionchamber.showMessage?topicID =222.topic)

Feel free to post.

IC:

Closing his eyes as he hears the hyperdrive engines whine and devellop into high pitched scream, clutching to the arms of his chair as the cockpit shuddered from the strength of the hyperspace jump whilst he said his final goodbye to all that he had known, his life and reason for being which he has once again abandonned to seek out a new meaning to existance.

Once he had entered hyperspace, he exhaled a deep sigh and then relaxed into the silence attempting to forget what he had left. Although he was ignoring the pain, he knew how he felt and it ate him up inside until he was an empty shell, at which point he turned on his seat, stood up and made his way to the rear of The Demon.

It will be a good four hours until I reach Tatooine he thought, I might as well keep myself occupied...

Taking a small datapad and returning to his seat he began work on today's entry in his personal diary. After summarising the events of the day up until that point he began writing his feelings in a delicate fashion, poetic and passionate in the ancient Sith tongue.

...statu variabilis...

...semper crescis aut decrescis...

There he sat in silence, undisturbed by the picture of hyperspace, it's light illuminating the dark interior of his ship as he continued to express his feelings to himself, for his eyes only.

Garrett Blade
Dec 12th, 2000, 06:44:33 PM

Live Wire
Dec 13th, 2000, 04:32:17 AM
OOC: Dude did you even read the other thread. I'm on the strike trailing gav!

IC:

*The tracking signal was comming in loud and clear. LW looked over at her navacomputer and checked her heading.*

Tatooine. Odd place for Gav to be heading but if that's where he's going I am following.

Lady DeVille
Dec 13th, 2000, 08:08:45 PM
*She recieves Blade's message, and reluctantly deactivates her lightsaber, the jaded purple blade winking out of existence. Wiping sweat off her brow from her workout, De'Ville looks at her chrono.* Bloody Empire, I'll have to run.

*She tosses her towel in the corner of the room and clips her saber handle to her belt as she leaves to meet Blade.* I wonder what he wants.

Gav Mortis
Dec 14th, 2000, 05:53:20 AM
After spending a good hour on his writing and only managing to come with one verse Gav decided to leave it at that for the time being, besides he was only 45 minutes away from Tatooine now and so began making final preparations for his arrival.

"Now where the hell did I put that bag?" he asked himself rumaging through a whole ton of items in the rear of his ship.

Finally he found the rather small bag and pulled it out from under several boxes and he through it over his shoulder and slipped his arm through a loop on the bag, carrying it like a rucksack.

When he sat down in the cockpit again, he accessed the communications port and sent a subspace message to the planet with an encryption code.

"Greetings Seth, this is Gav Mortis. I willl at the planet in just over thirty minutes from now, I trust all is going well?"

Seth TraSven
Dec 17th, 2000, 09:44:19 AM
:: O nce he had got the message and used the neccessary technology to decode the encryption and he'd heard Gav's voice he turned to his own comm and send a message on a secure frequency::

This is Seth, everything is fine here. I will meet you at the Dancin' Dewback on the outskirts of Anchorhead, I will be stood at the bar wearing a long, heavy coat with a drink. See you soon.

Gav Mortis
Dec 18th, 2000, 08:58:13 AM
Gav nodded in acknowledgement of the message he had just recieved when the red light to his left started flashing and there was a buzzing sound accompanying it, indicating he will be dropping out of hyperspace at any moment.

No turning back now he thought to himself as the streak stars and swirling mass of blue and white slowed and transformed into the regular black space dashed with white stars.

He could see Tatooine, a sphere of scorched earth and sand under the immense heat of the twin suns, the planet itself looked desolate but this wasn't the first time Gav had came here and he knew where he was going.

It wasn't long until The Demon had entered the super heated atmosphere and began and steep and rapid descent towards the surface and towards Anchorhead.

"This is Gav Mortis requesting to land at Anchorhead, over."[/i] he announced over his comm.

"This is Anchorhead docking control, do you have an authorisation code Mr. Mortis?" came the reply.

"I do and it is D-045 BB6." he answered.

"Ok. You have clearance for docking bay 224 at Hanger B. Good day to you Mr. Mortis." came the chirpy acknowledgement.

"And to you too." said Gav with a roll of his eyes dissaprovingly.

Garrett Blade
Dec 18th, 2000, 09:16:20 AM

Live Wire
Dec 18th, 2000, 02:57:31 PM
*Live Wire checked the nava computer. The Stike was set to come out of hyperspace in five minutes. She ran through a quick list of contacts that she had on tatooine. She had enough favors and people who owed her to get by on the planet for a few days.*

What would gav want in this backwater place?

Lady DeVille
Dec 19th, 2000, 12:07:11 AM
*De'Ville runs into the garden, panting for breath. Seeing Blade, she walks up to him* Sorry to keep you waiting, but, blood and ashes, apprentices are a bother! I found a few of our youngest trying some tricks they weren't ready for and -! Well, enough about that. I am here now: what was it you wanted to talk about?

Gav Mortis
Dec 23rd, 2000, 11:33:09 PM
Once he had docked his ship in the hanger bay, he immediatly made his way towards the large blast doors which were scarcely gaurded by Stormtroopers despite that, Gav had his clearance code and was free to leave the hanger bay without the protocol search with the aid of subconcious persuasion on a couple of troopers.

The moment the blast doors closed behind him he swiftly navigated his way through the densley crowded space port and after about twenty minutes of walking and shuffling through crowds of wide varieties of species, he arrived outside the Dancin' Dewbac and stepped inside.

Gav Mortis
Dec 30th, 2000, 04:06:00 PM
There was a thick cloud of smoke which filled the large bar, tables scattered randomnly with numerous people at each one discussing in whichever dialect they choose their own concerns whilst throwing back a wide variety of liquor.

His eyes scanned the bar and surely enough he saw his contact, it was undoubtedly him as he could not look more conspicuous if he tried, surely enough he was wearing the long, heavy coat he had said and held a flask which he had brought to the bar himself.

"Hey, the impreials are having some economic difficulties on Sluis Van." was the phrase gav had promised to greet him with.

"True. But the New Republic has made no advances on their strongholds in the Correlian System." came the correct answer.

"So Seth. Finally we meet, has the New Republic any knowledge of our meeting?"

"None; and the Empire?" came his inquisitive reply.

"I have not spoken a word to the Empire." Gav reassured him.

"Take a seat in that free table in the corner and I will be over to join you, the first drink is on me." he said, gesturing Gav towards a small wooden table in a smokey corner.

"As lojng as the drink doesn't come from your flask, very well!" answered Gav before he moved to the table and took a seat.

Seth TraSven
Jan 1st, 2001, 04:29:23 PM
::After purchasing two drinks and putting his flask away he goes and takes a seat opposite Gav::

So, down to business, do you have the item?

::He asks in a raspy voice, carefully looking around the bar to make sure no-one is listening, awaiting Gav's answer::

That I do, it is back at my ship.

::Seth's eyes widen with dissappointment::

Why do you not have it with you?

::Gav rolls his eyes at the question and answers::

Would you want it in a place like this?

::He shakes his head at his own stupidity and says to Gav::

Of course not, are we to go to pick it up shortly?

That we are, now are you sure you know what must be done?

Yes.

Good. They will follow you so you must be careful.

I know ::Seth confirms, taking a sip of his drink::

Urgh. Rather strong isn't it?

::The two sit for siome time talking in general conversation from that point forward::

Gav Mortis
Jan 2nd, 2001, 10:51:12 PM
After talking with Seth for some time, Gav finishes of his second drink, stands and gestures to his company rto follow him.

The pair make their way back to the hanger in which The Demon was located and soon enough passed the gaurds and entered the large hanger. Avoiding numerous cargo carrying vehicles as they loaded/unloaded various ships in the hanger as they made their way over to the infiltrator.

A trooper from across the hanger watched carefully as he noticed the two going into the ship in which there was only one pilot originally and he wonders if the passenger who has just boarded the ship with Gav has authorisation to leave.

However, his worries were settled when he saw the company of Gav leave the ship wearing the same hooded robe as before as the ships engines powered up.

The trooper was curious as to what the man looked like under his hood but was in no position to ask as he left the hanger bay.

Soon, The Demon blasted out of the hanger bay with the one single pilot inside and headed for space again.

Seth TraSven
Jan 14th, 2001, 01:43:30 PM
:: The robed figure walks away from the landing pads and hanger bays and makes his way out into the opening and blistering heat of the mid-day Tattooine sun ::

Hmmm...

:: He takes out from his robing, a small device which has a screen displaying data, two lights, a glowing red light and an unactivated green light, also there is a button to the side of it which is covered by protective glass. ::

...not long now.

:: Seth makes his way through the streets to a dark alley where he once again takes out the dvice which counts down from five seconds until the green light turns on and the red one goes off ::

Ah-cleared the atmosphere, now for the fire works...

:: Seth flips the protective covering from the device and taking a deep breath, presses the button ::

In orbit of the planet

Live Wire just exits hyperspace as she notices the familiar ship leave the atmosphere and it's engines begin to power up for hyperspace. At that moment, there was an enormous explosion as the ship was ripped apart with ease and Live Wire was blinded for about a minute after and she was worried as her ship shook violently as the shock wave passed, the explosion was heard on the planets surface and the blinding light streched accross the sky.

Once her vision returned, she noticed a piece of the ruined ship float nearby and on it was engraved "The Demon"-Gav's ship!

She reached out with her feelings and realised that a close presence in the force had dissapeared, the life of that individual had been extinguished.

Back on the planet

:: Seth smiled with satisfaction knowing that not even a Sith Master could survive that blast and he made his way back to the cantina ::

Lord Psychic
Jan 14th, 2001, 03:56:32 PM
*In his room, Lord Psychic is trying to relax, when he feels a sudden disturbance in the Force.*

Psy: Gav?! It couldn't be...?

*Psy dashes out of his room and too the hangar. Without a word, he jumps in the cockpit of his TIE Defender and blastes toward the origin of the disturbance.*

Live Wire
Jan 15th, 2001, 06:11:15 PM
*LW starred out the window horrified. Her mouth moved but no sound came out, she didnt even have the voice to scream. In her mind she just kept saying no, no, no. Over and over. Quickly she did a scan to see if maybe....against the odds. Though in the depths of her mind and heart she knew that she felt nothing in the force for the sensors to pick up. Her mind couldn't accept it. Not like this.....not like this.

LW fell back in her seat watching the debris pool swirling....touching her cheek she felt tears. LW had never cried before. Didn't really even know she could cry. She made a note of the time in her ships logs and just sat there. Watching, crying. LW had lost comrades before....but this left a hole in her heart. She wispered a slilent goodbye to her friend while the tears rolled down her face*

Darth Tholuem
Jan 16th, 2001, 03:53:11 PM
Tholuem had been in his room ever since Gav and LW left, because he had decided not to go along with LW, after Gav. He didn't know why either. But for some reason he knew it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Something, somewhere, somehow was bound to happen. Something that was not good...
And now he knew what. He guessed it was about 2 and a half hours ago now, when a big, strong presence in the Force disappeared. it was far away, but he felt it. It must've been Gav, his... Master. Who had now disappeared; died. It had been quite a while ago since Tholuem last had felt like this. It was undescribable, strange. Someone you had, as strange as it may sound for a Sith, 'loved and cared for', was now lost, gone. That felt terrible, but it also was much more. It left you with empty feeling. An empty feeling which made you feel even worse then the way one already felt. Then it also got one, Tholuem in this case, agressive, and full of rage and anger. But none of those were as bad as the sad feeling you got before that...

Emptyness...

Tholuem still layed on his bed now. It'd been quite some time ago now, but he was still there. he had not moved one inch, and was still staring at the ceiling of his room, not crying, no expression on the face. Nothing. Tholuem did not fall asleep, all he did that night, was staring at his ceiling, not moving, not speaking... Not aything. At all.

Gav Mortis, you will be missed.