PDA

View Full Version : A Step Backwards (Challenge to Warren)

DarthPoreon
May 24th, 2001, 03:46:50 PM
My jaw dropped down atleast a foot. 'How could he?' I thought that my master was crazy. He was trying to get me killed. Not only would I be killed by a Jedi Master, let alone a Knight, I would fail to destroy the Jedi. And I feared failure more than anything in the galaxy.

I regained my self control and closed my jaw. I nodded to my Master, masking my facial emotions. I left the training grounds and made my way to the Hangar Bays of The Sith Empire. I found my line of Starfighters in the hangar bay. I looked them over, deciding which starfighter I would use. I decided to take a modified TIE Interceptor from the Blowfire Wing.

I powered up the systems and quickly departed Munto Cudro. I entered hyperspace, knowing where I would find the Jedi Knight I would fight.

Two Days later, I landed my custom Interceptor in a barren patch of land on the desolate planet Caamas. The pain from millions of voices ceased spoke out to me. The Jedi Knight I sought was on the planet researching what happened during Caamas' destruction.

Stiff from being in a cockpit for two straight days, I got out and stretched my tight muscles. I ate an energy bar from my rations kit and waited for the Jedi Knight to sense my dark presence.

Warren Azalin
May 29th, 2001, 11:39:17 PM
<font size=1>Darkness</font>

:: Quickly the Jedi spun around bring his saber out with a snap-hiss catching nothing but barren air. It had been the same for weeks for him, constantly he had heard the calling of the dark but he was staying true to his path as a Jedi. He knew it would not take him this easily, with a swift motion he put his saber back on his belt as he walked down the barren wastlend, that was once Caamas. He had yet to figure out what had drawn him here but he would soon figure it out. Suddenly he felt something not that far off, it was a presence of the Dark that he was sure of ::

"Who is this prescence I feel ? Have they come for me."

:: Quickly Warren ignited Salvation letting it's blue light engulf the area ::

"If they want to fight me they will have to come get me."

DarthPoreon
May 30th, 2001, 10:46:54 PM
[i]Hearing was my Force Strength. Although it was mostly used for hearing messages through the Force, I could use it to hear things in the open, too. I heard the snap-hiss of a lightsaber as it was being ignited. I, too, heard the words spoken by the Knight.

Fearing failure, I took a step away from my TIE Interceptor. I took another three cautious steps before fear overwhelmed my mind. I collapsed. The fear had taken over my body and I had yet to develop adequate fear control skills. I got up again and took another three steps before once again collapsing.

After repeating this ordeal four times, I was fed up with myself. I was angry. I was ready to tear something apart. Then, I remembered my fear. I collapsed, once more. I don't know why I was like this. As a Grand Moff in the Empire, I was able to work calmly under pressure. I never feared failure the way I did now. I took to thinking that it must be something to do with the Force. As a Grand Moff, I secluded myself from the Force. I only used it to receive forewarnings of attack. But when I was open to the Force, like I was now, every little emotion set me off balance.

I rose from the Camaas' soil. I took another step and collapsed face first. I tasted dirt in my mouth. I spit it out of my mouth. I decided to take a more practical, tactical way of viewing the Jedi Knight. He would make strategic moves, as would I. It would be just like dogfighting in a starfighter.

Shutting myself from all the Force offered except insight into the future, I calmly walked up the rocky hill that seperated me from the lightsaber holding Jedi. I pulled out my black painted lightsaber hilt. I moved my thumb over the release and the obsidian blade poured out of the hilt. I was ontop of the hill. The Jedi was at the bottom. Tactically, I had the better position. But then again, it wasn't starfighter battles. I collapsed.