PDA

View Full Version : The Troubles of One (Part II)

Nichos Marr
May 10th, 2001, 08:22:48 PM
OOC: I'd like this part to stay closed for now. This is basically a continuation of <a href=http://pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm6.showMessage?topicID=61.topic>The Troubles of One (Part I)</a>. Thanks :)

IC:"Ryloth huh? Home of the Twi'Lek." Nichos said. His droid beeped an affirmative. "How long until we exit Hyperspace, Artoo?" He asked.

"Vreee Vroo." The droid replied. The text rolled across the screen. It read: In about two hours.

Now what am I going to do for two hours? Nichos thought to himself. He had gotten used to being cramped up in an X-wing for more then 6 hours. He was a Flight Major in the New Republic Military. He led Stealth Squadron of the 4th Fleet.

Nichos was still wondering why Dodonna had summoned him on such short notice. He had not been used to this before. Possibly it was for some secret mission. Nichos hadn't seen that much action lately. He wasn't complaining though. Marr was a Jedi, and he had been told that Jedi do not seek adventure and excitement, many times. Nichos did enjoy helping others and he enjoyed making a dumb Sith look like a fool.

"Vreep!" The droid beeped, stirring the Jedi from his trance.

"What's that Artoo?" Nichos called.

He watched as the text rolled across the screen: My calculations were incorrect. We will be arriving on Ryloth in one hour and fifteen minutes.

"Well that's a relief." Nichos sighed. He wouldn't have to wait much longer after all. He had never been to Ryloth, so this trip would prove to be interesting. Nichos made a mental note to visit more planets on his free time. Other cultures interested him. He liked to compare them to the human culture. Some alien customs were very weird, but Nichos could understand them. It was what he did. He tried to understand the nature of the Force, and the Galaxy itself. Nichos could only be in one place at one time, and sometimes it pained him that he could not help and save everyone. Since then, he had learned to cope with it. He had matured, but he still had much to learn.

Nichos Marr
May 15th, 2001, 09:24:28 PM
"Nichos we are coming out of Hyperspace in 5 minutes."

Nichos awakened from the trance he had gone into. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms. The cockpit of an X-wing could get really cramped some times. He barely had any room to stretch his arms to full height. Nichos shook his hand. It felt as if thousands of tiny needles were piercing his skin. In other words it was asleep.

"Okay thanks Artoo," Nichos yawned halfway through the sentence. He quickly adjusted his helmet and made sure everything was in place. His lightsaber hung at his side. Nichos had decided to bring his blue lightsaber on this trip. Rarely did he use his golden one.

"Emerging from Hyperspace in 5, 4, 3, 2..." The droid never finished it's countdown.

Nichos watched as the ship slowed at incredible speed. The planet Ryloth just a few clicks away. The starlines evened out into stars. Space was truly a magnificent sight.

"And we're here, Ryloth." Nichos grinned. "Home of the Twi'Lek. You know Artoo, Da'Kara's family lives here." Da'Kara was Nichos' wingmate in Stealth Squadron. He was a Twi'Lek.

"Acknowledged." Nichos laughed upon hearing the response. He'd need to install a sense of humor into the droid one of these days.

Nichos Marr
May 21st, 2001, 01:16:35 PM
The Knight jumped out of his X-wing, lightly landing on the floor. Instantly a group of Ryloth mechanics huddled around the ship and began to examine it. Nichos knew it was safe in their hands. They wore the New Republic insigna on their jackets.

"Vreep?" Nichos spun around to see his droid's mechanical arm extending.

"It's ok Artoo, just stay here. I shouldn't be gone for more then ten hours or so." Nichos gave his droid a grin and turned around. He exited the docking bay and headed for Kala'uun.

Nichos Marr
May 21st, 2001, 01:56:55 PM
Kala'uun was a typical Twi'lek city. It was buried deep inside a black basaltic mountain peak. Nichos had to make his way through a winding subterranean tunnel just to reach it. Though it didn't take long, he reached the magnificent city. Nichos had never seen anything like it.

Twi'Leks' roamed the streets. Signs were written in Rylothean everywhere. There were all different kinds of stores and even different kinds of aliens. Nichos didn't even know where to begin searching for this La Felee.

"Uhh excuse me?" Nichos said to a Twi'lek who just passed by him, totally ignoring the Jedi. "Umm hello?" He said to another one. All of them seemed to be minding their own business. Some turned to regard him, but they just kept on walking. Nichos had wondered why. He wasn't dressed in Jedi robes or anything, and he had never heard of Twi'Leks having a grudge against Jedi.

Nichos walked up to a Twi'Lek on the side of a street. The Twi'Lek noticed Nichos instantly, with his Lekku twitching. Nichos gave a nod to the Twi'lek and began to speak. "Umm hello, do you speak basic?"

"Why yes I do," The Twi'Lek gave Nichos a toothy grin. "Can I interest you in buying something?"

"Well not really, I just need directions. Would you know where the La Felee is?" Nichos kept his face emotionless.

"La Felee huh? Quite a fancy restaurant ye got there stranger. What you wanna do is follow that street," He pointed left. "Then you wanna make a right and follow the street down until you see it. You can't miss the sign in big shiny lights."

"Well thank you." Nichos nodded and began to walk away. He was amazed at how well that Twi'Lek spoke basic. It was almost perfect basic.

Nichos Marr
May 21st, 2001, 05:49:11 PM
There it is, Nichos thought to himself as he got his first glimpse of La Felee. It looked like quite a fancy restaurant. The sign above the buidling was decorated in blinking lights. The building itself was embossed in lights. The lights had been dimmed somewhat, but the buidling still shone brightly as it stood out from all the others.

Nichos entered rather quickly. The place was even more extravagent inside. Wealthy looking Twi'Lek talked with eachother. Nichos saw a few humans, and a group of Rodians. Not much of any other species.

"Yes may I help you?" A Twi'Lek said behind Nichos. The Jedi turned around to regard him. He looked to be a waiter.

"Yes, I have a reservation here." Nichos responded.

"Oh? What's your name?" The Twi'Lek picked up a datapad resting on his booth and examined it.

"Nichos Marr."

"There is a Nichos Marr here, do you have any ID?"

Nichos reached into his pockets. He had forgotten his ID on his X-wing!

"Not really, I forgot it at the docking bay." Nichos said.

"Well go back and get it, or else you don't get in." The Twi'Lek was becoming rather irritated.

"Are you suggesting I'm not who I say I am?" Nichos' look was incredulous.

"I'm suggesting that you leave." The Twi'Lek replied.

"No, I'd like to be seate--" Nichos never got to finish his response. One of the few humans rose from his seat and confronted the Twi'Lek waiter.

"I'll take it from here Greev'ski." The man responded. He turned to meet Nichos and outstretched his hand. "Greetings, I am Lorn Val, New Republic Intelligence."

Nichos Marr
May 27th, 2001, 12:10:04 PM
"Nichos Marr, Leader of Stealth Squadron." Nichos shook the man's hand rather excitedly.

"Please, follow me." The man grinned. Nichos noticed he was missing a tooth. He turned around and walked back to the tables. The patrons resumed eating and payed no more attention to Nichos or the other man.

They passed a row of tables. Nichos almost tripped over a fat Twi'Lek's outstretched leg.

"Here we are." The man said, taking a seat opposite of Nichos. The Jedi followed and took his own seat.

"I thank you for your understanding," Nichos turned around to see the Twi'Lek waiter behind him.

The Jedi nodded and smiled. Finally he spoke, "Don't think twice, it's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

"Thank you." The waiter replied, nodding clumsily. The Twi'Lek scurried away. A few minutes later he returned with a pitcher of water and two glasses. "Please enjoy. Your food will be around shortly." Then he walked off again.

Nichos turned to face Agent Val. "So, what does Dodonna have planned?" The Jedi whispered.

R2 J8
Jun 2nd, 2001, 09:46:22 AM
"Vreep!"

The droid rolled across the docking bay floor. Artoo Jay-eight could no longer wait for Nichos. He'd have to go find the Jedi himself.

A large Twi'Lek stepped in front of Artoo blocking his way. The Twi'Lek had his arms crossed as a grin spread across his face. He bent down, leveling his face with the astromech droid.

"And where do you think you're going little buddy?" The Twi'Lek asked in basic.

Artoo extended it's arc welder, and shocked the Twi'Lek. The large man jumped back from the shock and began to cradle his knee. Artoo let out a shrill laugh as it rolled out of the docking bay. The droid followed a walkway until it entered the streets of Ryloth's capital. Artoo was amazed by the shining lights and the thousands of Twi'Leks.

The droid had no idea where to start looking for Nichos. Then it remembered a name. La Felee was a restaurant where Nichos was supposed to be. Artoo rolled over to a computer terminal and plugged himself in. Instantly the droid began to download a map of the city. A few moments later, when all the data had been collected, Artoo rolled off to find Nichos.

Nichos Marr
Jun 2nd, 2001, 09:54:25 AM
"Oh nothing big, just a recon mission." Agent Val replied, taking a sip of the water.

"Hmm, then why did he call me all the way out here?" Nichos had a frown on his face.

"The General figured you'd like the sightseeing." Val cracked a smile. Nichos forced himself to smile fakely.

The rest of the meal was quickly finished, while Nichos and Val discussed the latest slugball results. Nichos was a big fan of the Space Mauraders, and he found it a funny coincidence that Val agreed with everything he said. Nichos noticed how the agent never put his input.

"So what do you think of the Mauraders?" Nichos asked.

"Uhh..well...well, we better get going Emi--err General Dodonna is waiting." Val smiled quickly and rose off his seat. He wiped his mouth and left a cred chip on the table. Nichos got up also. Then the Jedi focused on the Force trying to feel any treachery in this man. Nichos felt nothing at all. He couldn't even feel the man's force signature. Could it be that this man knew how to shield his Force presence? Nichos blamed it on fatigue.

Val exited the building quickly as if he were in a rush. Nichos jogged to keep up with the man as they travelled through the streets of Kala'uun.

"So where are we going now?" Nichos panted.

"Oh, just to the hotel where the General is staying." Val asked, and then quickly walked off again. Nichos made sure his lightsaber was close, he might be needing it.

Nichos Marr
Jun 17th, 2001, 07:08:01 PM
"Here we are!" Val exclaimed, staring up at the tall building before him.

"Looks more like a warehouse then a hotel," Nichos muttered. He could tell something was not right here, but he knew the Force would tell him something. All he got was a void. Nichos couldn't really explain it to himself.

"Come on! The General awaits!" The agent rushed to the door and turned back to grin at Nichos. "Well, come on already!" He entered the establishment, followed by Nichos.

Inside, the building looked much more like a hotel. Nichos was glad that he could feel the Force in this place, and numerous lifeforms. He took a moment to inhale the clean air. The outside streets didn't smell all that pleasant. It was a relief to smell fresh air.

"May I 'elp you gentles?" The Twi'lek female at the front desk smiled at both Nichos and Agent Val.

"Yes, we need clearance to the fifth floor." Val showed his identification. "We have an important meeting with resident #443."

The Twi'lek fiddled with her datapad for a few moments. Nichos watched in utter confusion as a scowl developed on the Agent's face. Val's face turned deep red and he turned his head the other way, as if trying not to make eye contact with the datapad.

"Clearance has been provided. Good day gentles." The Twi'lek chirped.

"T-th-thanks." Val stammered. He hurriedly headed for the turbolifts, followed again by an irritated Nichos Marr.