PDA

View Full Version : Training in the Eye of the Beholder (Closed RPG)

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Dec 30th, 2000, 08:56:41 PM
OOC~ This takes place after the events <a href="http://pub4.ezboard.com/fsithempire76244frm13.showMessage?topicID=26.topic">here
</a>
Dalethria jumped up into the air, executing a perfect front flip. She landed directly behind her Apprentice and landed a hard kick to the kidney's sending her falling forwards into the foliage.

The training grounds were quite empty at this time of night. It was three hours after midnight, about forty minutes since Dalethria awakened Ayana from her sleep. An enemy could attack at a moment's notice and this was a test of endurance. The sky was clear, letting the tiny stars twinkle with no hinderance, letting the soft light shine down upon the opened area of the forest where the two faced off.

Spinning the dual bladed weapon before her, the twin purple blades danced in the air around her form as Dalethria extended her senses to see how exhuasted Ayana was ... and how to take advantage of that.

Ayana Stormhanger
Dec 30th, 2000, 09:15:12 PM
Ayana slowly stood up from where she landed, muttering curses under her breath. Groaning, she lifted her dual-bladed lightsaber off the ground. She looked back at Dalethria, mesmerized by the twirling blades surrounding her. They were beginning to hypnotize her in this tired state. Ayana shook her head, and concentrated once again on attacking her master.

"Ugh...this is just awful....", she thought. The trees around the area seemed to close in on them, but she kept her focus. With some speed, she lunged towards her master with one blade of her teal lightsaber.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Dec 30th, 2000, 09:33:40 PM
She could see the concentration waning as Ayana looked like a nerf in headlights, watching the blades twirl before her. Dalethria stayed firmly planted on the ground, not moving as Ayana charged her.

As soon as Ayana lunged, Dalethria took a step forward and arched her blade downwards and up to block the attack. Quickly, she circled the purple blade close to the teal one, bringing it up and over, pushing it downwards in a lock. Pushing with her strength, channeling the ambient dark energy around her, Dalethria brough Ayana's weapon to the ground, searing the grass and dirt as smoke filled their nostrils.

As their weapons stayed locked to the ground, Dalethria hopped up into the air and extended her legs, kicking Ayana squarely in the chest.

Dalethria landed on her feet and stared down at her Apprentice, disappointed that this fight is too easy.

Ayana Stormhanger
Dec 30th, 2000, 10:00:59 PM
After regaining her breath from the impact, Ayana looked up at her Master, almost wanting to cry. She felt like a little child, a brat actually, only wanting sleep. Was this fight really necessary? Her reaction times were too slow, she couldn't even plan her attacks efficiently. It was really all nonsense to Ayana. And it was freezing cold outside at night, but that wasn't really what bothered her. The cold actually helped her keep awake.

Recognizing the look of disappointment on Dalethria's face, she frowned. This was really making her look pathetic, and Ayana didn't want that. She once again called to her attention the reason for this training-to be aware at all times.

"I must seem like a bore to you..."

She suddenly flipped over, her saber and hands still on the ground, and swiftly executed a foot sweep upon her master. Catching Dalethria off guard, she started to stumble back, towards the ground.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Dec 31st, 2000, 03:28:16 AM
Dalethria stumbled back and fell to the ground. She continued to use the momentum to roll backwards and disengages her weapon. Grabbing the chain around her waist, she pulled it off and brought it behind her as she stood. With a flick of the wrist, the manriki chain wrapped around Ayana's weapon. She didn't even need to aid her strength with the Force to pull the weapon from her Apprentice's grasp. Exhaustion truly affected her.

She growled in disgust as she jumped forward, ingited her blade once again, and stepped on Ayana's right forearm and sternum. The blade comes flying close to her neck but stops just shy of taking it off. Dalethria looks down at her Apprentice with anger and disapproval that Ayana could swear that the temperature outside dropped a few more degrees.

When her Master spoke, each word was laced with a venomous sting that lashed out at her, "You failed. A Warrior needs to defend themselves at a moments notice. The enemy doesn't wait for you to be refreshed Ayana. I expected better of you."

Stepping off of her Disciple, Dalethria put her weapons away, "Now, why did you fail?" She asked her question without even glancing in Ayana's direction.

Ayana Stormhanger
Dec 31st, 2000, 02:42:37 PM
Sweat poured down Ayana's face, chilling her flesh. She was out of breath, and her bones ached from the pressure of Dalethria's foot against her. Anger filled her mind, not only at Dalethria who woke her up, but at herself for failing her. She was disgusted at herself, but she kept that fact hidden. She answered her Master with scorn in her voice.

"....because I'm TIRED-", she continued ranting,"-This past week has been like hell for me...In the morning, train, in the afternoon, train, in the evening, train...And then I finally get a moment's rest-and you wake me up just to train some MORE!!!! Argh, I'm just sick of it..." Ayana stopped. She could sense Dalethria disapproval, this wasn't the reason why she failed.

She began to stand up, brushing the dirt off her clothes with a glum face. "I'm sorry, this isn't how a true Warrior should act...every training session has its lesson. I have truly learned mine-next time, I'll be more aware, and a worthy opponent, no matter what the circumstances are."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Dec 31st, 2000, 03:01:38 PM
"No ... the fact that your tired is not why you failed."

Dalethria turned her head quickly at Ayana and locked eyes with her, "Everything you said are excuses. The real reason you failed is you rely too much on the physical and not enough on the Force."

She narrowed her eyes to gauge what Ayana was feeling, "The Darkside is there within you, but you need to extend those feelings outward and connect with it. Draw it into you and let it make you more powerful. You didn't do that. Channeling your rage and hatred for me beating you through our fight should have made you more powerful. Exhaustion and soreness vanish when you concentrate.

That ... is why you failed."

Ayana Stormhanger
Dec 31st, 2000, 03:34:12 PM
That was the truth, but Ayana didn't want to admit it. She preferred using physical strength than the Force. This was her biggest fault. Even though she's been in the Empire for awhile, Ayana still couldn't accept the fact that she was a Sith, and that the bounty hunter was slowly fading away.

Throughout her whole life, she relied on weapons and fighting skill, not even aware that she was force sensitive. Maybe it was time for Ayana to accept the fact that she was one of the Darkside-

"...A whole lot of help that does for me now."

-Or maybe not.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Dec 31st, 2000, 03:49:58 PM
Dalethria could feel that Ayana was too wrapped up in the past and having a hard time still accepting her new life. She figured that working her Apprentice hard would help to clear up her misgivings of joining the Sith. She was wrong. The girl had much potential and she was wasting it on relying on her weapons and skills. What to do?

Perhaps another approach to the problem would be better served. Dalethria relaxed her stance and her expression changed from disappointment to more causal, "How about taking a trip with me?"

Ayana Stormhanger
Dec 31st, 2000, 04:44:04 PM
Ayana, jaw dropping, almost fell to the ground in disbelief. Her eyes gaped open at what she just heard her Master say.

"A a trip??? Right now??? Where???", she wasn't very happy with Dalethria's new decision.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Dec 31st, 2000, 05:01:00 PM
My Apprentice must be more tired then I thought.

Dalethria looks sternly at Ayana, "I didn't say now, I was just asking. Of course, if this is too much trouble, I could ask one of your fellow Disciples instead."

She grins, not hiding her ammusment that Ayana is getting more flustered and upset, "Trace, Jacen and possibly my newest Apprentice Taja might be more up for this."

Dalethria couldn't help letting her tone become one of a mocking nature as she spoke.

Ayana Stormhanger
Dec 31st, 2000, 05:21:25 PM
Ayana looks at Dalethria, with fear and concern of her choosing another one of her apprentices. A little envious too, that her Master would even say such a cruel thing.

"But...but...you can't!!! I didn't say no...I just wanted to know where!!! I'm up to anything you ask me!!!", whimpering, she begins to plead for her Master to give her a second chance.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jan 1st, 2001, 03:00:29 PM
Dalethria sighed and turned around, "Pull yourself together. This isn't the way to act. Go and get some sleep and meet me at my ship at thirteen hundred hours."

Slightly turning her head to the left, Ayana could see the lines of anger that etched into her Master's face, "Don't be late or I will take another Apprentice. Goodnight."

She continues to eye her Apprentice for a brief moment longer then Ayana would have liked and Dalethria departed from the Training Grounds.

I've much to meditate upon the actions of Ayana.

Ayana Stormhanger
Jan 1st, 2001, 06:46:27 PM
Ayana takes a sigh of relief as Dalethria leaves the training grounds. "I have a bad feeling about this....", she said to herself, as she started to walk back to the headquarters.

"Dalethria been pretty tough on me lately with training....I wonder how long she's been planning this trip..." She finds the door to her room in the dark, vacant halls of the Empire's HQ. Opening it slowly, she walks into her chamber quietly. Ayana instantly flops down on her bed, exhausted. Looking up at the blank ceiling, she thinks- "I know it's not good for my health, but I think I'm gonna stay up for the night so I won't be late-" But that was rather hard to do, since her heavy eyelids began to dimly close...

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jan 1st, 2001, 07:22:14 PM
TSE Docking Bays

Dalethria went over her pre-flight check and made sure that the nav computer was set for the trip. Absently, her hand went down to ruffled the fur of her animal companion, Avagdu.

"Well, I betcha weren't thinking we be going back there so soon, eh boy?"

Whimpers of happiness came from his throat, happy that his Master was paying him attention. He looked up at her, panting, wondering why they had to leave the comforts of TSE HQ. She grinned back at him and then looked to see what time it was. She sighed. Dalethria noticed that it was almost one o'clock and there was no sign or communication from Ayana.

"That girl better get here quick or there's some explaning to do." She turned her chair around and left the cockpit, disppearing into the ship.

Ayana Stormhanger
Jan 1st, 2001, 08:03:47 PM
"Ack!!! I'm going to be late!!!" Ayana yelled as she ran towards the docking bay with her little bit of luggage. She woke up from bed only about fifteen minutes before one. Quickly packing her bags and getting dressed, she rushed out of her room as fast as possible. She hoped that no one was in the docking bay, because she unfortunately forgot to comb her hair.

Much to Ayana's dismay, a few people were around, and she swore that some of them were smirking at her messy looks. But it didn't matter-she didn't really care much about her appearance anyways-since she was going to be late. She sprinted to the Koriolos in a hurry.

"Master Dalethria, I'm finally here...I hope I'm not too-" She found herself alone, except for Avagdu, in the cockpit of the ship. She frantically looked around for her Master, not seeing her anywhere, or sensing her presence. Only the wolf looking up at her with curious and fierce eyes. "Ehhhh, nice wolfie, I'm a friend..." Ayana kneeled down to Avagdu, hoping that maybe he would know were Dalethria is. She shook as the animal sniffed her hand, afraid that he might just rip it off. He noticed Ayana's scent, and looked back up to her, only this time with an amused look on his furry face. "Huh...that's strange...I could swear that you're mocking my lateness, Avagdu...", she sighed. After patting the loyal wolf on the head, she stood up and began to leave the ship. Worried that her master went to find another apprentice to bring along.

Avagdu
Jan 1st, 2001, 10:36:52 PM
:: He perked up his ears and watched the first one starting to leave the ship. Avagdu knew that was bad, very bad for her if his Master catches her doing that. He thought about it for a moment. What would be more pleasing, watching punishment or going on the journey.

Jumping up from his spot, he cut off Ayana right as she came to the boarding ramp and sat down, making sure that there was no way to get around him. Considering that his frame was much larger then a normal wolf, it was quite easy to do that.

He stared up at her, swaying his tail side to side on the metal ramp, determined to not let her pass. ::

Ayana Stormhanger
Jan 6th, 2001, 02:08:50 PM
Ayana stopped in surprise at the large animal blocking her way. She tried to find a way around him, without upsetting the wolf, but couldn't. She glared down at him in impatience.

"What's gotten into you, Avagdu? C'mon, get out of my way...there's no need for me to be here-"

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jan 8th, 2001, 07:03:32 PM
"Because he realizes that that you shouldn't go since I'm here."

Ayana feels her Master's presence right behind her. "You were almost late, but luckily my chronometer shows that you were excatly on time. Fortunate for you."

A slight movement of air is felt behind Ayana as Dalethria heads towards the cockpit. "I suggest you hurry. There's a schedule to keep."

Avadgu gets up and nudges Ayana back into the ship with his muzzle.

Ayana Stormhanger
Jan 14th, 2001, 04:48:56 PM
Ayana took another sigh of relief that she wasn't late, and that Dalethria didn't leave for another one of her apprentices.

"It was pretty cruel of you to hide your presence from-" She was suddenly interrupted by Avadgu who was hastily pushing her into the ship. "Okay, okay...I'm going!!! Take it easy!!!"

Regaining her balance, Ayana walked into the ship's cockpit by her own free will. Still a little uneasy that her Master's wolf companion followed close behind her. There she found Dalethria sitting in the piloting chair waiting, and an empty co-pilot seat next to her. Ayana sat down and watched cautiously as Avadgu went to his master's side.

"So, where are we going anyway? I've been wondering for quite awhile you know..."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jan 15th, 2001, 02:26:59 PM
Dalethria continues to key in the pre-flight arrangements and double checks the nav-computer. Not like she needs to but her years as a smuggler are still ingrained into her mind and precautions were a must. When she was satisfied that everything was in order, Dalethria let her hand come down to ruffle Avagdu's fur and leaned back in her seat.

After a few moments of silence and not answering her question, Dalethria keyed in the comm, "This is Lordess Dalethria requesting permission to leave."

<We receive you Lordess. Your cleared for take-off.>

Punching a key, the repulsorlifts lift the ship off the ground and The Koriolos starts moving forward.

Still focused on the view in front of her, Dalethria now decides that she could answer Ayana question, "Bakura."

Ayana Stormhanger
Jan 17th, 2001, 09:26:41 PM
"Bakura?" Ayana repeated her Master's words, recalling it in her mind. "That's the planet that our Empire claimed recently...." A weak little smile creeps across her face.

"I would have...um...helped out, but I'm still not a very good group person-" She looks worried as she continues to speak to Dalethria in a very uneasy tone. "Last time I worked in a group, I shot everyone who disagreed with me..."

Her last statement was followed by a pathetic laugh that faded away rather quickly. She silently watched as Dalethria concentrated on setting the course, her eyes wandering across the control panels and such. "Hmm..."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jan 17th, 2001, 10:29:51 PM
The ship blasted out of the hangar and headed into the atmosphere. Dalethria looked at Ayana and bursted out laughing, causing Avagdu to perk up his ears. "Shot them in the back when they didn't agree with you?!"

She pats her Apprentice on the shoulder and regains her composure, "I wish to visit an old friend on Bakura and see how things are. Besides, better then being cooped up at TSE HQ, no?"

The coordinates were set to enter hyperspace and Dalethria could sense Ayana's uneasiness. "Care to take her into hyperspace?"

Ayana Stormhanger
Jan 21st, 2001, 03:12:14 PM
"Ummm...sure" Ayana quickly eyed the navigation controls, making sure they had a clear path to Bakura. She looked back at Dalethria, who nodded back at her to continue.

"...Entering hyperspace..." Her hand shook as she pulled the lever. Space infront of them suddenly became a blur. Ayana sat back in her seat, relieved. "It's not that I can't handle newer ship models' technology, it's just that I'm not very used to them since my CloakShape is so ancient. Even though it's modified to my standards, my fighter is still difficult to repair and upgrade since Kuat stopped making them...oh well, the Lynx is still perfect for bounty hunting..." Ayana leaned back in the seat and relaxed herself.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jan 24th, 2001, 02:17:44 PM
Dalethria let her fingers danced across the console as she checked all the sensors. She mentally nodded that everything was fine and almost slapped Ayana because the girl was unsure of herself ... even on a simple maneuver of setting a ship coordinates into hyperspace.

"This ship is an older model as well. I don't see any reason that you'd have to keep second guessing yourself. That is a habit that needs to be rectified."

Avagdu rests his head on his Master lap and Dalethria strokes his thick fur as she closes her eyes, "Tell me about your life as a Bounty Hunter."

Ayana Stormhanger
Feb 3rd, 2001, 07:56:32 PM
"Oh, of course it's a easy task and an older ship, but from what I've learned, mistakes are also as easy to make as putting a ship into hyperspace...I'm sorry that I'm so cautious though-I guess previous exerience has really affected the way I act..." Ayana flashed a little hint of a recalled grin across her face. She sat up in her chair and directly looked at Dalethria, startled at her last request.

"Really, there's nothing interesting about my past as a bounty hunter...really, there isn't..."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Feb 4th, 2001, 10:33:06 PM
Dalethria didn't look at Ayana, nor move from her spot. She continued to pet Avagdu in contentment as a her chest rose and fell at an even pace. "You are ... afraid to tell me about your past?"

She smirked as she leaned back in her pilot's chair, kicking her feet up on the console, "A Sith shows no fear. They control it. You continue to hide behind your past, you will never grow in strength ... letting others beat you when you could have won."

Dalethria opened her eyes and turned her head to look at Ayana. The meaning was quite clear in the tone of her voice and the disappointment in her eyes to what Dalethria was referring to.

Ayana Stormhanger
Feb 11th, 2001, 05:57:44 PM
"It's not that I'm afraid..." Ayana sat up from the chair, looking at Dalethria with some embarassment showing in her eyes. "It's just that I don't have much of a past to tell..."

The Sith sighed as she sat back in her seat, "...I was an orphan at the age of five on the planet of Tatooine, every thing before that time I can't remember...Found and raised by a female smuggler, I grew up there learning the tricks and trade of the infamous scum of the galaxy. One day, she just mysteriously disappeared, leaving me on my own. After some unwanted events took place, I decided that I didn't need anyone-and became a Bounty Hunter. 'Borrowing' a CloakShape from a...err...business friend, and modifying it-I traveled the Outer Rim, trying to find a purpose, or at least a clue of who I really was...and that's basically all there is really to it, nothing much..."

She slightly turned her head towards her Master, "But one thing that I remember the most from my history is that many people that have crossed my path have said that I was one of 'them'...", looking away, she continued-"...I never knew what that meant, until now."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Feb 13th, 2001, 02:13:38 PM
"Not the past to tell? Seems like quite the opposite. Living as you did isn't easy but you survived."

Avagdu left his Master's lap and turned to look over at Ayana in curiousity as the Apprentice continued to speak. Dalethria's mouth tighten in thought, not sure to make of Ayana's last statement. "Sounds like your unhappy with being Force Sensitive."

As the once Bounty Hunter looked away, Avagdu moved his head over and sniffed at her hand. Whining a little, he licked her palm and then looked up her with wide-eyes.

Ayana Stormhanger
Feb 16th, 2001, 10:57:43 PM
Ayana looked down and smiled at the wolf, who wanted her attention. She gently placed her hand and moved it across the animal's soft fur.

"I don't know if I'm happy or not..." She continued to stroke Avagdu's sleek coat, "My Force Sensitivity maybe a clue to my forgotten past-it's even given me a purpose...."

She ceased from ruffling the fur of Dalethria's wolf companion, leaned her head back, and closed her eyes. "I just don't know if I want to know a past or path in life...I never had one before, so why now?"

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Feb 19th, 2001, 03:57:02 AM
"You must seek out your own path, Ayana. It took me awhile to find mine, but I did. Patience."

Dalethria unbuckled herself and stood up, streaching out her sore muscles, "Right now I need to do some maintance. Keep an eye on Avagdu for me."

With a slight smile and a quick ruffle of fur to Avagdu's head, she disappeared in the back of the ship. Leaving Ayana to brood on her own.

Ayana Stormhanger
Feb 27th, 2001, 10:56:13 PM
She watched as Dalethria disappeared in the shadows of the ship. She sighed, "Patience? I never was the patient type..."

She looked down at Avagdu, who took a place next to her chair, and laid there in a rather peaceful state. Smiling, she patted the head of the now very calm creature. "So, it's just the two of us now? Dalethria told me to keep a good eye on you, but I guess I don't havta worry about much...." Ayana yawned.

Avagdu
Feb 28th, 2001, 01:22:59 AM
Avagdu watched his Master leave the area and then turned to look at the young one. He could sense the ease that the girl felt around him and quickly snapped at her hand, missing on purpose. As he turned his head back up to look at her, his eyes showed nothing but a wicked playfulness.

Ayana Stormhanger
Mar 1st, 2001, 08:44:21 PM
Ayana suddenly alerted herself, and swiftly pulled her hand away as a reaction to Avagdu's playful snap.

A smile crept across her lips. "Oi...I guess I was wrong about you...mischievous, aren't we?"

Avagdu
Mar 2nd, 2001, 03:23:34 AM
Her answer was Avagdu's tongue hanging out while he panted. After licking his chops once again, a wide yawn came from his muzzle. Lowering his head down to the ground, the black wolf closed his eyes and drifted off into an alert sleep.

Ayana Stormhanger
Mar 3rd, 2001, 07:18:36 PM
She looked down at the wolf sleeping, and decided to relax also. Leaning back in the chair, she sighed. "Sleep sounds pretty good right now...but I don't think Dalethria would appreciate that very much..."

Ayana watched outside the cockpit at the stars blazing past the ship. Frowning at how serene space seemed, her eyelids started to grow heavy. "It's sad, I don't think anyone's really awake in this entire universe...at least to the truth..." She folded her arms and closed her eyes. "I hope this place has some decent bars...I need a drink..."

That was the last thing she said before drifting to sleep once again.

Gaeriel Captison
Mar 16th, 2001, 01:33:45 AM
It was a rather damp day in the City of Salis D'aar. For days now it rained on and off, the grey clouds hanging over the city like a cancerous plague. The blanket that covered the main city of Bakura was an almost mirrored reflection of the people's hearts. Depression ran through most of the planet that the Sith Empire took over. The military presence that was left behind continued to keep the capital secure as well as the outlining towns. The citizens knew that they were beaten. Overthrown by Sith that disturbed their peaceful and simplistic ways. They learned first hand what it meant to anger a Sith and to interfere in things that weren't their business.

Perhaps that is why the clouds never seemed to move away. Hope was gone.

Or was it really?

She rubbed her eyes, wishing that the sun would shine just once. To break through the hazy mist of oppression and finally have a small sign.

"I don't remember this being a break."

The military policeman spoke in a threatening tone and the middle aged woman narrowed her dual-colored eyes, "No it's not."

She nodded apologetically and picked up the small crate of supplies and headed for one of the newest landing platforms that were being built.

Gaeriel Captison
Mar 20th, 2001, 02:05:38 AM
Dirt and small stones kicked up as a wind made its way across the skeleton beginnings of a platform. Small tools lost the battle and began rolling away from Tech's side as they went to chase after them. Her hair whipped in her face as she lowerd her head, trying to protect herself as much as she could. Her path stayed as direct as her wavering body would let her until her foot smacked into somthing. It was rather solid and she cried out in surprise and pain, stubbing her big toe. She drops the supplies in respose to grabbing her toe and parts fling out and scatter across the ground.

She sucks in a breath and looks around, hoping that the police didn't see that. Just as the winds are a nuisance for her, they are to the police and her accident went unnoticed. Save for the young man that seemingly appeared down beside her and started picking up the mess.

"You shouldn't be seen with me."

He continues to clean up, keeping his head lowered to the ground. "I'm sorry, but I don't want you roughed up anymore then the police are ordered to do."

"I appreciated your help but it's bad with what we are planning," she said, kneeling down and helping to make this go faster. "You know I'm right Seath."

His hands casually slipped over hers and he looked her right in her eyes with determination, "Gaeriel. I've seen things. We're going to have our revenge ... trust me. Our cargo has arrived."

Sighing, she nodded. Gaeriel knew that Seath was trying to harness the abilities that he learned he possessed when the Empire displayed their presence twice. The first time, it was misunderstanding ... a horrible one that cost the freedom of her planet. This time, there will be no mistakes and Bakura will have it's own taste of vengeance as she promised her people.

Gaeriel Captison
Mar 21st, 2001, 01:34:09 AM
With a quick scrap of his lighten tool, the blow torch came to life and Seath lowered his welding mask. Running into Gaeriel gave him all the confidence that he needed. The double and triple shifts meant nothing to his tired body now. His mind was clear and focused on what was going to happen. Seath was thankful for the mask because the grin that crept along his face would surely give himself away ... or at least a lashing from one of the guards. Damn that Dalethria. It had to be her that gave the orders that his punishments for even the most minor occurrence, be met with swift consequences.

He kept his growl of displeasure to himself as he finished up the welding done for this shift. Seath had to work the next one but he was looking forward to that one. Graveyard shifts were the best. Hardly any guards and only one ship coming in for supplies. A very special ship called The Terrison which would be arriving not long after the midnight hour. Inbetween all the crates that was slated for shipment, one crate that looks all legit will be waiting for Seath. It took a lot of favors and months of talking to the Smuggler's that came through here but he got it to happen. Most of the galaxy will do what their sovereign rulers want but on the inside, always willing to stick it to the Sith.

Turning off his arc welder and throwing it to the side along with his mask, Seath stretched to pop as many of the vertebrae in his back to relieve the tension. Tugging the gloves off his hand, Seath liked his lips in total anticipation. Being on edge as he was, he had complete faith in his plan and new abilities.

With a little skip in his step, he headed off to a completed landing pad to talk to his night crew ... making sure everyone was on the same page.

Gaeriel Captison
Mar 23rd, 2001, 01:49:01 AM
The captain of the medium freighter had the full attention of the military policeman as Seath and the boys unloaded the cargo. Just as predicted and planned, three of the large metal crates broke off from the real shipment and were brought to the other side of the landing pad. The size of this run was huge and three extra crates was a cinch to add. No one was stationed over here at this time of night and it was perfect for some of the locals to sneak on over.

His Bakuran comrades were there as expected. Jonua, Katrel, and Vinaa waved Seath over to the shadowy area between two buildings. He could barely make out the repulsor sled that Katrel was leaning on but soon his eyes focused and smiled.

"Good job getting here on time."

Jonua smiled in return. He was quite the stocky one compared to the thin frame of Seath, "Well, your the one that's late. We've been waiting for thirty minutes."

Seath held out his hands, "Not my fault that Captain Krase was late. Stupid regs held him up."

"Enough talking already and get on with it," Vanaa growled. The young woman hardly looked like the twenty odd years that she lived. Her face was lined with stress that aged her ten years, as well as the nasty scar that took her right eye. Even Seath had to look away for fearing to upset her for staring. Stray shrapnel from the bombings during the occupation basically lacerated her entire right side. He always wondered what bothered her more. The scars or the loss of sight.

With a flashy twirl of the crowbar in hand, Seath jammed it in the side of a crate and popped it open. All four of them silently cheered when the contents were revealed. Katrel quietly started moving the other two crates onto the lift as Seath picked up a small container that was outlined in holes.

Jonua crinkled his nose and waved his hand out in front of him. "Damn thing reeks and is fraking ugly."

"I dunno. It's kinda cute."

Katrel stopped in his tracks and both Seath and Jonua turned to stare at Vinaa. Her eyes darted back and forth as she nervously straightened her hair, "What? It has cute eyes."

"Fine, ya can take care of it." Seath pulled off the datadisc on the container and handed it over. He had no idea that something so stupid looking could have an effect like that. Let alone on Vinaa. Seath shrugged and figured it had to do with some woman thing.

Sliding the disc in his com-pad, the information that he requested were all there. That and something extra. A red display came up on the end and Seath eyes opened in shock. It quickly passed when he realized that Bakura's revenge would be sweeter then originally planned! The last few sentences were the most beautiful words in basic that he ever read!

Turning around with a flare, he wrapped an arm around Jonua and Vinna as Katrel led the way with the lift, "Tonight's ... a great night. Now, I got some news for ya that requires a little change in the plan. I know y'all are gonna like it though."

Ayana Stormhanger
Mar 28th, 2001, 11:00:44 PM
Meanwhile, within the ship...

"...But I don't like pickles on my sandwiches..."

Her random mumbling nonsense fades away as the Koriolos left hyperspace. Slowly, Ayana opened her eyes to find a blurry Dalethria next to her in the pilot's seat. She noticed a slight smirk across her Master's face as her vision begins to clear. "I've...I've been asleep the whole way???" Ayana asks drowsily in disbelief.

She suddenly notices the huge planet before the ship's path, and stares in amazement of it's beauty from their distance. Bakura...

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Mar 29th, 2001, 03:04:19 AM
"Yes. I never thought someone would go into a coma for sixteen hours."

Before the two Sith, the green blue world of Bakura came closer into view. Three shipyards were evident as a testimony to the Empire's acquisition of this peaceful planet. One still wasn't quite completed yet. It's metal form lay half completed and half skeletal unlike its two counterparts.

The console blinked with an incoming message from one of the shipyards requesting confirmation of ship and cargo. Dalethria gave them the only information that was needed. Her name and code, proving her a member of the Empire. Easily passage was granted and The Koriolos blasted through the light traffic ... curses coming from the comm before Dalethria turned it off.

OOC~ Just to keep this straight since it's been awhile, this thread takes place not too long after Taste of Vengeance. That is why the shipywards aren't completed yet, tho they are in reality :)

Ayana Stormhanger
Mar 29th, 2001, 10:56:37 PM
She made a little sarcastic laugh at Dalethria's previous comment and the curses yelled through the comm being cut off. Her eyes were fully aware now, she watched intently as the land of the planet and the unfinished shipyard came closer to view. She turned to her Master, who also gazed outside the cockpit while piloting. Ayana noticed the landscape's array of colors reflect upon her eyes, which displayed a bit of emotion towards seeing Bakura yet again...

"...This place means a lot to you, doesn't it?"

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Mar 31st, 2001, 03:30:28 AM
She narrowed her eyes in thought, barely flying out of the way of another transport as the ship broke the planet's atmosphere.

The question Ayana asked was two folded. What did Bakura mean to her. Some of the feelings she held for it were pleasant ones, but one she shared with Navaria. The other was utter contempt and hatred for what this planet did to her. Whatever hope Dalethria herself had for this world was snuffed out as its citizens attacked her on the anniversary of her mother's death.

"It's hard to answer that question, Ayana, because even I don't have the answer."

The Koriolos glided through the air until it reached the completed landing bay. The repulsors hissed and slowly, the YT-1300 descended to its assigned space.

Elsewhere, Vinaa looked at the ship in disbelief from her vantage point in town as it landed and smile happily, "I'll be damned! Seath's information was correct."

She disappeared in the crowd of people to go and tell the others, a mixture of happiness, fear and excitement all churning in her gut. Over all those emotions, one really came quickly and she couldn't stop from feeling it. Hope. Hope that this plan would work ...

Ayana Stormhanger
Apr 5th, 2001, 07:53:09 PM
Ayana gave her Master a grim smile as their ship was landing. "Mixed emotions, huh? Yeah...I understand what you mean-memories that many places remind you of can be both good and bad..." She glanced outside the cockpit at a group of people approaching the ship.

"Looks like the welcoming committee has arrived..." She sighed as she rose from the co-pilot seat.

For some odd reason...I have a bad feeling about this trip...

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Apr 8th, 2001, 07:02:58 PM
Dalethria led the way for Ayana and Avagdu to the landing ramp without a word. Inside, she could feel her Apprentice's uneasiness about the situation and had to echo them completely. Something did not seem right but it made no sense. Her little prearranged flight to Bakura was only know to her and Ayana.

She pushed her unwarranted fears aside as she stepped out of the ship and down the landing ramp to get a good view of the "welcoming committee", as Ayana put it. It was a small group of three Bakurans, one of which the Empire itself picked to be liason here. Fear does tend to show that some citizens can be quite cooperative when their lives are at stake.

Granthe Kolen stepped forward as Dalethria approached and bowed deeply. He wore the same clothes of the office that Gaeriel once held it Dalethria had to keep herself from smiling. The other two that were with Granthe follow his lead and bow accordingly. Her eyes didn't settle long to the woman aide, but for the male ... his size and stocky frame were hard to miss but there was something else about him. Something that she couldn't place her finger on but she shrugged it off for now and listened to the new Prime Minister as he spoke.

"Welcome Lordess Dalethria to Bakura. We are most honored by your visit as well as surprised."

"I felt the need to come back here and show one of my Apprentices my once home," she said and turn to the side to allow Ayana to be seen.

"This is Ayana Stormhanger, a Warrior of the Empire. She is to be treated accordingly."

Dalethria almost stuttered at the final word since Avagdu decided to make his presence know by rubbing up against her leg. She was almost going to punish her companion but grinned as the wolf growled at the Bakurans.

"And this is Avagdu. I don't think anything else needs to be said?"

Grathe and the woman aide tried to put on there best smiles and the man that she wasn't sure about didn't seem to care. Defiantly one to watch.

Finally, Grathe was able to gather enough courage to speak, "Accommodations are being prepared as we speak, Lordess."

Ayana Stormhanger
Apr 13th, 2001, 10:44:31 PM
Deciding not to say anything, Ayana quietly nodded her greeting to the three. She avoided eye contact, since she didn't seem to trust their odd depositions.

...I really don't think our Empire has as much control over this planet as they think they do...something is definitely up. Our arrival doesn't seem like much of a coincidence either....

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Apr 14th, 2001, 09:35:24 PM
Granthe made it a point to show the progress of the landing pads construction in the man city of Salis D'aar. Dalethria had to admit it was going smoothly and the Empire did need to have the proper space here for ships coming in from the shipyards. It was a sight to behold, flying passed them and heading to the planet. The production of space faring vessels already began eventhough the third one was yet completed, but it gave some of the citizens on this planet something to do. It made the Empire's presence felt here on the outside through manual labor but what was the situation on the planet?

Dalethria was here to find out

The Prime Minister's Mansion quickly came into view since it's location wasn't too far away from the landing pads. A smile glistened in her eyes as she remembers how her and her sister, Kat, stealthy entered the mansion during the Empire's invasion. Kat killed Gaeriel's husband right before her eyes while Dalethria held the power of death over her. She let Gaeriel live though, knowing full well that the once leader of Bakura would have become a martyr to her people. Still, having her live was still dangerous and another reason in coming here was to fully make sure that the once Prime Minister understood her place.

Nodding every now and then to Granthe's praise of his work, Dalethria was more concerned with Ayana's thoughts. She could pick up her Apprentice's uneasiness and had to echo them.

Reaching out to Ayana, she let her thoughts enter the Warrior's mind, Of course there's something amiss. The question is when, where and who, My Apprentice. We need to find those answers. The one who is silent and has a large build, he bares watching.

Ayana Stormhanger
Apr 16th, 2001, 02:23:32 PM
Ayana watched as Granthe continued to brag and boast about his wonderful progress since the Empire's take-over of Bakura, but she wasn't concerned in what he was saying. She had other things on her mind, and so did her Master...

...I've noticed his peculiar behavior too...

She quickly glanced at the one Dalethria mentioned, he seemingly wasn't paying attention to the new Prime Minister's words either.

I don't think he looks like he lost interest in Granthe's praise just because he's probably heard it a hundred times...I think he's got other things on his mind...

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Apr 17th, 2001, 11:18:40 PM
Your absolutely right.

The doors swung open to the mansion and the group entered the main hallway. Granthe snapped his fingers and two guards quickly made their way to him from their positions on the walls and saluted. Dalethria raised a curious brow and wondered what was going on.

"Take Lordess Mal Pannis and her pupil to their rooms."

Her eyes narrowed at that. They just got on Bakura and they were already being led to prepared rooms.

"Actually ..." Dalethria held out a hand to stop the guards from heading down the hall, "... it's still early and I wanted to say hi to someone."

Granthe, for a second, looked visibly worried but he held his thoughts in check. The people here were obvious in intent but not in their ways. She would still have to play along and find out what was really going on here.

"Gaeriel ... where is she?"

Ayana Stormhanger
Apr 23rd, 2001, 07:41:31 PM
Ayana curiously watched as the three seemed a bit worried about Dalethria's abrupt question. Granthe nodded to the two guards, and they immediately changed their direction and started to walk to the other side of the hall. Her master began to follow them, Avagdu walking along close to her heels. Ayana decided to also follow behind them, even though she felt uneasy about their destination...

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Apr 29th, 2001, 05:00:04 PM
Granthe quickly regained his composure and smiled warmly to Ayana first, then Dalethria, "She's working diligently at the landing pads as per your request."

A good answer and quick too, Dalethria thought to herself. "Well, perhaps after dinner I can give her my regards."

The blood from the Prime Minister's face quickly drained of blood as he saw the grin that spread across the Lordess' face. Never did he see such intent etched into someone's face before and her eyes were gleaming with maliciousness. Granthe was grateful that he wasn't on the receiving end of that look, playing the part of the fearful citizen under Sith rule well.

"Most certainly." He was thankful that he got those couple of words to stumble out, eventhough he must have sounded so stupid. Clearing his throat, he was able to talk in his regular even speaking voice, "Now, dinner will be ready soon in about a half hour. Freshening up before dinner would be alright. Yes?"

Dalethria's left nostril twitched a little. She was not at all happy about this but to push this too far, those that are involved in ... well, whatever was happening would begin to shadow themselves. Then any chance of knowing what was going on would disappear.

"Yes. Lead the way then but dinner better be prompt," she barked out as an order. Turning on her heels, she headed down the corridor leading to the guest quarters without waiting for the guards. Avagdu nudged Ayana forward and quickly bolted after the quickening pace of his Master's strides.

Ayana Stormhanger
May 13th, 2001, 04:22:38 PM
About an half-hour later...

Ayana walked down the hall yet again behind Dalethria and Avagdu. She recalled that Dalethria reminded her to behave and keep her suspicions to herself at dinner back at the guest quarters...but she couldn't help having such an uneasy feeling about their next meeting. They stopped before the dining chamber's doors, which two guards opened for them.

They were greeted by a long table with a huge feast laid upon it's elaborate silk cloth and both familiar and unfamiliar faces surrounding it. Plates and platters were filled with fresh fruits and vegetables, various types of seafood, and bantha was the main dish -placed in the center of the table. Her mouth watered at the sight, even though she wasn't very hungry at all.

Granthe sat at the head of the table, with an obvious look on his face that he was worried that Dalethria brought along her wolf companion -yet he didn't say a word. The Sith Lordess sat on the left side of the table next him, and Ayana took her place in the empty seat next to her master. She smiled down at Avagdu, who laid on the floor at Dalethria's feet. They sat across from Granthe's two aides which were briefly introduced to them before. Once everyone attended, every seat filled but one, dinner began.

Platters and platters of food being passed around, bottles of wine being poured into glasses -everything seemed so welcoming and friendly. Ayana filled her plate with shrimp and crawfish while watching Dalethria slip a few strips of meat under the table for Avagdu. When she looked up, her eyes met the plate of bantha, being passed on by the mysterious male aide across from her. She silently raised her hand and shook her head 'no thanks'. He smirked as he passed the plate to the person next to him. "Why are you so silent...or do you not like the cooking here?"

Startled, Ayana didn't know what to reply. She could tell in his eyes and grin that he was very much aware of their suspicions. Embarrassed, she quickly answered, hoping not to give anything away.

"N-no...I just don't have much to say..." His grinning reaction seemed to mock her nervous words...

Gaeriel Captison
May 28th, 2001, 02:21:25 AM
"Odd."

Those sitting at the table all turned at the new voice that carried into the room. She had her hair tied back that revealed the beauty of her face. Her body was clothed in simple clothing that hugged at her slender body. Cheeks that were slightly tinged in red as her two colored eyes took notice of each individual that partook in the meal this night. They held their place a few seconds longer when they reached Dalethria. The Sith seemed to be fortunate as the woman's lips molded into a smile before it vanished. Almost like it was never there.

Then the new pair of eyes settled on Ayana. The woman laced her fingers together and took a step forward inside the room, "I would think that a pupil of our illustrious guest would have more to say then just silence."

Dalethria's grip on her utensil tightened at the obvious insulting tone that was laced in that sentence. Her knuckles were growing white ... white hot as the anger inside her was seething. She kept herself under control though. Gaeriel was trying to get to her and she would not allow that at all. No commoner was going to make her loose it in front of all these people. She was not going to kill the once Prime Minister. No ... no ... no ...

Granthe could just feel the temperature drop in the room. It was so cold and unwelcoming. Looking at Dalethria, he was unsure what to make of the Lordess' lack of response but he had to say something. His attention returned back to Gaeriel, the displeasure readily seen, "You should not be here. There are duties that are required of you. Go now and your punishment will be light."

"No."

The fork clinked on the side of her plate as Dalethria spoke almost ... happily, "Please, let her join us. It's why we are here in the first place."

Gasps and stunned expressions all occurred roughly at the same time after the Sith spoke. Some looked towards Gaeriel and the others turned their head to Dalethria. Neither of the two women said anything or gave away what they thought, as their faces remained neutral.

Gaeriel closed her eyes and bowed deeply, "Thank you Lordess. You honor me with your generosity

Ayana Stormhanger
Jun 7th, 2001, 09:45:48 PM
Ayana watched carefully as the former Prime Minister joined them for dinner. She felt somewhat insulted by her comment, and felt that it was time to say something. "Oh, does that really surprise you, Ms. Captison?"

Ayana grinned as she continued, "What really surprises me is your appearance here, after all that I've heard about you..." The 'not so silent now' apprentice could see the uneasy faces surrounding her. They were nervous with what her next words would be. Ayana ignored them and went on, not fearing what anger that would arise from Gaeriel.

"...Let me commend your bravery-or should I say, your stupidity..."

Gaeriel Captison
Jun 10th, 2001, 10:49:27 PM
The wine tasted so sweet upon her lips and her two colored eyes moved to look at Ayana. Gaeriel was able to hide her smile as the wine glass obscured her face. Setting the glass down, she took her time in bringing the napkin to her face and daintily wiped her mouth on both sides. She hated being so obvious in her rudeness but getting underneath the two Sith's skins was quite pleasing.

Licking the last of the wine from her lips, she smiled warmly at Ayana, "Dear child, it isn't unknown to me that your endearing Master wanted my presence here. I was merely making her wish come true once my duties were fulfilled. Please, don't speak up so ... agressively until you think things over a bit more."

At this point, Dalethria sat back in her seat and brought at hand to her cotemplative face. What was Gaeriel trying to do here?