PDA

View Full Version : Infection (crossover)

Lance Casey
Jun 4th, 2001, 09:08:35 PM
In the streets of Coruscant the mood is one of sadness. The masses wait patiently though for the official report from the New Republic about the sitituation at hand. Suddenly on one of the huge vid screens, then on many. Soon on every vid screen on the planet has the image of a New Republic spokesperson. The woman has a look of Dismay on her face

It is with great sadness to report that a disease has a grip over this universe. All through out the universe we have reports on a virus that slowly kill's it's victims by speeding up there aging process. Even the species are extremely long lived are being affected by it. These people are any and all force users, trained Jedi or Sith even someone with latent powers have aquired the virus. After some analysis, we have been able to come up with some sort of time frame that the virus works in. Dr. Taggert will explain.

Thank you for the introduction. The virus takes a mere 6 months to act out it's full effects. To express this better, let's say there is a jedi at the age of 25. In a matter of six months, that jedi will grow to the age of death, and hen well die. But there maybe a way to stop this from happening. The virus seem's to feed off of the force. If the force user stops using it, the virus will slow down considerably, perhaps even to the point of submission. Ofcourse we ar~

Lance Casey turns off the vid screen in his loft and stares out the wind. A life without the force, that never even seemed like it could happen. I've had it since I was a boy, but not having it?Casey thinks. The rain outside has made his window cold and he put's his hand onto it and bows his head down. How much is my own life worth to myself not to use it anymore?

OOC:: Here it is, the beginning. so start posting.

Satine Capashen
Jun 5th, 2001, 02:46:47 PM
Alpha watches the vid screen in his quarters of the Jedi Temple.

Is this how it is going to be? Is the Jedi Temple going to be a deserted monument to a sickness? I'm 13, which means I have a few extra days...A couple weeks more at most. Maybe I could find a cure for this virus. There's gotta be one somewhere. I wonder if Sorsha had anything to do with this...

Alpha mind immdiately jumps to the biggest annoyance he had had as a JEdi. Sith Kat. Sorsha Kasajian. She could've done this...Oh well, Alpha might as well see if he could get any help for his quest...

The Young Jedi walks to the comm station in his room and types in a message, sending it to all of his friends in the Jedi...And even a few Sith at that. IT read:

Hi,

this is Alpha. Look, this plague is affecting us all. I was wondering if any of you guys would help me try and find a cure to this. I mean, we can't just sit around and do nothing. I would rather die than not use the Force, and I'm sure some of you feel the same way. Reply to this is you want to help.

Alpha sits back in the chair, wondering if he should send Sidar Kondo--his second in command of the fletts he owned--to help the NEw Republic with peacekeeping duties...

Live Wire
Jun 5th, 2001, 04:12:44 PM
*Live Wire watched the announcement in horror. Words of a virus that was effecting force users had already reached Corellia but everyone had hoped it was just something localized. But if it was spreading.....the mere thought was inconcieveable. It wouldnt be long before the disease reached TSO. Corellia was a planet of trade and interstellar commerce so keeping the disesase off planet would be a near impossibility.

She looked over to where Ariel was sleeping and it pained her to think of her daughter succumbing to such a horrible disease at her young age. Foes were supposed to be something you could see, something you could fight against. But how do you battle against the microscopic world? How do you battle against a disease. This wasnt a war that she could fight in the ways she knew how.

Live Wire called her aid to her. There were few people she trusted with her childs life but Lady Astron was one of them. She had been trusted confidante of Live Wire's for many years and she knew Ariel would be safe with her. Lady Astron was concerned as she as well as the rest of TSO had heared the transmission.

She bowed befor her mistress in respect.* "how may I help you my lady?" she asked.

*The pain was apparent on Catherines face as she held Ariel to her.*

"I know you heared the announcement. I know it wont be long before it reaches TSO and theres nothing I can do to stop that. But I will not sit her and watch helplessly as it takes hold of my daughter. You wont be effected as you have no force abilities at all."

*Lady Astron's eyes grew wide as she realized what Catherine was saying*

"I want you to take Ariel away from here. I trust you to keep her safe and out of harms way. You have access to my personal accounts so you will have plenty of funds. I dont know where you can go...but go far away from here! I have a ship that you can take and I want you both gone before nightfall. I'll have someone prepare the ship and stock it up well."

*Tears formed in her eyes as she realized that she was sending her child away and she may never see her again. As hard a choice it was to make she knew it was the only way to try and keep Ariel safe. If a cure was found she would bring them back*

"I'll be able to contact you if its safe to return."

*There was doubt in Astron's eyes* "and if its never safe to return my lady?"

*The question was a knife to LW's heart.* "then care for her as if she was your own."

"yes my lady"

*She rocked Ariel gently in her arms* "should the worst happen and Ariel be infected despite our efforts....*her voice choked in her throat*.....then bring her back so if a cure is found she will be nearby."

*A gaurd entered the room and saluted*

*tearfully LW handed Ariel over and turned to the gaurd*

"See that Lady Astron and Ariel get off safely. Make sure the ship is prepped and stocked and choose two of you non force sensitve men to go with them"

*he saluted again* "Yes Mistress" *and led Astron and the baby out*

*Live Wire had just made the hardest decision of her life and she hoped it was the right one. with once last glance around the room she headed down to TSO discussion chambers to meet with the rest of the sith.*

PraetoriteYominCarr
Jun 5th, 2001, 09:00:40 PM
"Stop the tape. I've seen enough."

"Yes, Eminence. Shall I send for the. . . Entertainment?"

"No, Executor. But send them in momentarily."

The human snapped his heels together. "To hear is to-"

"Just leave me."

Turning and stepping out- rather quickly, thought the Praetorite to himself- the Executor gave a sigh. Walking through the corridor, flanked on either side by the fierce Red Knights of Life, he had to marvel at what his Eminence accomplished.

The Yuuzhan Vong were changing with lightning speed, and right under the noses of those ridiculous priests. Yomin Carr and the Red Knights were changing the way the Yuuzhan Vong looked at machinary. Not more petty hate crimes from humans to the Yuuzhan Vong, and no more aimed back. They could work together to blend their two galaxies, and bring them into a utopian society free of all lesser races. Free of the Force and it's pesky arbiters of good or evil.

The new Executor was the first human to obtain important stature among his Eminence, the Praetorite, and his personal forces. He and his men were respected and treated well aboard the Command Ship New Syyl.

<font face="symbol"><font size=7>Y</font></font>

New Syyl. The name would live on forever, not only in dusty libraries and anchient holodisks, but ever fresh in the mind of children, looking back at how their ancestry took over the galaxies and forged them into an ironclad comunity. The name would live on, shadowed only by the name Yomin Carr and two words: The Purge.

It was to live on in the hearts and minds of his people. Carr had told himself a thousand times a thousand, had tried so hard to remember. But he didn't do it to be remembered.

He did it to kill.

To feel the feel of poisened blood trickling in a stream with his hand, to squirm his toes delightedly in crimson sand, to do so was joy! An insane carnival of crimson, scarlet, and simple red, running through his mind, in his dreams, in his thoughts. To taste warm blood again! The warm, pungent flavor as it slid, thick, down his throat.

That was what he lived for.

Liam Jinn
Jun 6th, 2001, 09:41:25 AM
Liam had decided to give watching the Vidscreen another try. He didn't like it very much because everytime he had turned it on, bad news followed. But, he was bored. The story came on about a strange virus spreading throughout the galaxy..

"GAH! What the hell is wrong with this thing!!"

Liam turned off the vidscreen and sighed. Something always was at his heels, this time it was a virus. Eh, it's another 6 months I get to live, he thought to himself. Maybe he should take up a new hobby to pass the time...

Lance Casey
Jun 6th, 2001, 08:07:04 PM
Casey removed his hand from the window. The thoughts in his head just brought more hurt. Casey satdown on his couch and looked at the blank vid screen. Thought's of turnning it on ran through his mind, but he did not do it. All there would be is more useless anaylasis of something they did not have an answer to. And the recent news over Interpol had not been much better. Apperently the jedi have taken a hands off approach at any attempt to stop the virus. Word leaked out that the jedi had some sort of prophecy that this virus was a way to ride the universe of evil, and the Jedi being a group who do not stand in the way of justice, have decided to accept there fate. Ofcourse not all the jedi did. Many still inside the group do speak out against this decision, but they dare not stand up for it. I understand their reasoning, but that doesn't make it right. Casey lays back onto his couch and thinks back to his day's as a jedi. Back to the day's hanging around the Bar with Liam, Sage, Fire, Cal, Obiwan, Leia, Reaperfett, and even DT on some occasions. But those days were long gone. The words that Casey said made sure of that. Liam apears every now and then, Sage is a master, Obiwan and Leia are engaged, Reaperfett is more serious then he used to be, Dt is somewhat of a reclusive, Cal left a long time ago, and Fire, well Fire was dead. And the world just keeps on going. Casey's short time fighting in this war had cost him alot. Friendship's, 4 months of his life, his sanity on many occasions, and now his health. Maybe it was time to throw in the towel. To just give up and accept fate instead of trying to change it. Fate Casey's last thought before he fell asleep on his couch in that empty loft on Coruscant.

~Dream Sequence~

Casey is walking throught a swamp on Dagobah. He apeared as he is now, minus the scars on his eye's. Casey looked around the swamp and remembered it from one of his trainning exercises as a padawan. Sage is there just as he was when it happened, but so are Fire, Cal, Leia and DT.

DT: Couldn't take the pressure of it all could you kid? Never thought you could. You were never the hero type.

Fire: Only reason I ever paid attention to him was pity.

Cal: Waste of perfectly good space if you ask me.

Leia: Never would have made it as a Jedi.

Sage: You know what, they are right. I don't know why I ever took you on as a padawan.

Sudenly they all jumped Casey and begans attacking him. They ripped at his face and he began to bleed.

Casey: No more!

The they all disappear except for Sage. Sage just walks up to Casey and looks down.

Sage: You never could make a difference. You know it and I know it. You are no better then the sith that you fought against. You deserve to die.

The dream Sage walks away froma crying Lance who is on his knee's. A mist surrounds Casey as the dream ends.

~End Dream Sequence~

Csaey sit's up on his couch in a cold sweat. He places his head in his hand and shakes it. I can make a difference. I may not be a jedi, but I can do good. But I need help. Casey logs onto Interpol and sends out a message.

This is to anyone, Jedi or Sith, Force user or not. If you wish to find a cure for the virus, we must first find out where it came from. I am going to start a expedition to search for it's origins. If you wish to accompany, and have a ship we can use, contact me at once.

Lance C[/u]

Satine Capashen
Jun 7th, 2001, 09:34:14 AM
Alpha sees the message and smiles. Someone else wants to find a cure too. The Young One quickly replies.

This is Alpha. I have a small fleet we can use, including a heavily modified Urborg-class ship. It should be of help. When do you start, Cas [/u]