PDA

View Full Version : Cat and Mouse(Jedah Lynch)(Closed)

Sage Hazzard
Feb 26th, 2001, 03:48:44 AM
::Sage Hazzard steped off the shuttle's ramp, and while doing so pulled back his hood revealing his face to the sunlight. The shuttle from the landing pod had no windows so his eyes had to adjust to the sunlight for a moment. He had left "Peace Keeper II" at Theed while his friend Chewnakka took care of some matters on his home planet, Naboo. He looked left to right, observing the comers and goers. The enviorment was not dreadful, witch was a relief from the swamps of Dagobah. The planet's name was Famill, the city was Familla, the capital. The streets were kept clean by cleaning droids, hinting at the planet's healty attitude. He had heard a vicous rumor that they did not searve meat, but rather flora. He had wished it was not true with all his heart.

He had come here to investigate an assasination. He had forgotten the man's statis on the world, but he assumed it was highly important for a Jedi to be called to the scene. The last time he had been on a mission like this was before he joined the Jedi and instead was a inlisted man in the Naboo military. It brought back memories. Both good and bad::

OOC: Okay Jedah, this is what I came up with. If you don't like the title, I can change it. And if you want it to be "open" instead of "closed", I can change that too. I wasn't sure what you wanted. Hope it's too your likeing. :)

Jedah Lynch
Feb 28th, 2001, 03:55:23 PM
Meanwhile in the Shadows Bar in the capital city..

He sits in a dank dark corner his hand brings up a glass to his lips as he drinks down the liquid contained within it. Observing the people move about he watches the people laugh with each other, some of those laughs die fast when a punch is thrown and several start fighting each other in a drunken state.

The Sith does not react, merely continues to sip his drink as his mind flashes back to the previous nights work.

The night had just started to fall, its last light of gold and red shining upon the horizon. A high ranking diplomat had come to Familla to achieve peace between two sects that had been feuding for several generations. A peace negotiation could mean stronger ties with the Republic, it had to be stopped.

In a coucil room the young woman who could potential lead to an agreement stood looking out the window. Her faithful and loyal bodyguard to her side, it was his duty to protect her, he had done so since her birth, he had watched her grow for a young baby, to a charming young girl to a high ranking diplomat whos only goal in life was to stop wars and the destruction from them.

A small explosion rocked the room they stood in causing alarms to go off. The bodyguard quickly moved to a comm link to find out what had happen, a young man informed him that the four floors down there was chaos. Some kind of explosion had happened, exactly what had caused it was unknown only many were critically injuried if not dead, the security cameras for the whole building had also been taken out during the blast. The bodyguard looked over this shoulder to Rylina. Something didnt seem right, his gut instict told him something was very wrong and they had to go. Quickly informing that Miss Rylina had to be taken out of the area for security precautions he took ahold of her hand and began to lead her to the door.

They stopped, the handle of the door was melting than it fell to the floor. A second later the door was kicked open. A dark cloaked man walked in the room his demenor could not be told but his purpose was obvious. Quickly ushering the girl behind the desk the body guard told the stranger to leave. The man in the dark cloak let a smile slip from under his hood then approached them, the body guard took out a blaster meaning to take down the threat. A hum and flashing light told him his error as much as the pain in his wrist, his had had be severed laying now at his feet blaster in hand.

"A Sith" Kargon whispered his eyes wide all hope becoming lost to him. For all his training and all his years he had encountered many beings and forces in the universe but never a Sith. This one had just taken his hand and now soon Kargon knew would take his life. He would fail. He would fail to protect her, fail to protect that dear girl whos eyes shined when she spoke of peace. In a shout of protest he rushed the Sith taking a knive from his jacket to slash the dark force users throat, in one swift motion his hand was caught, the knive thrusted backward into his own throat. Blood garggled in his mouth, tears watered in his eyes as Kargon fell to his knees realizing it was the end, he had failed.

Rylina screamed out in denial for the only person she could call friend for all her life. Her parents had been lost to her when she was only a young child, often her days was spent dealing with shrewd politicans, her only bright light was the man who always cheered her up and gave her words of wisedom when she needed it, her only anchor in a life not often her own.

She rushed to his side all fear for her life gone, she only wanted to hold her dear friend in his last moments, their tear filled eyes met as he choked upon his blood, she put her hand to his face about to tell him how thankful she was for all he had done for her until a hand grabbed her by her hair hauling her up. The fatally wounded Kargon reached out to grab her hand at the same time his life finally came to an end.

Rylina was spun around and for the first time fully saw her attackers face. The Siths face showed little emotion, his eyes glowed in a odd hue.

"Why?"

"Why are you doing this" she pleaded her tears flowing down her face.

"WHY?!"

She knew the answer, her life meant peace, her death would only cause accusations and a ever worse civil war for the planets inhabitants.

His fist struck her upon the face knocking her back crashing against the desk. As she went to stand up she found she couldnt breath, her hands went to her throat, her eyes looked upon the dark Sith, his arm was held slightly out his hand pointed at her in a grip like fashion.

"N-No..." she managed to say as her vision blurred and her eyes rose up in her head. A minute later her dead body fell to the floor. The Sith looked at his handwork and knew he had to leave, security forces were moving throughout the building and soon would come to see what was delaying the two from their flight out. Taking out a small device he pressed a button causing several more explosions to occur in the building destroying the power connections sending the building into total darkness and chaos.

His realm.

In those moments of stampeding mass of people trying to flee for their own safety he had easily managed to get out of the building, he now rested in the bar drinking. His eyes half glazed over from the intoxicating effects of the drinks. Noting the fighting in the bar was over, the trouble makers kicked out he thought it time to leave. He left the bar walking out into the warm glow of the day.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 1st, 2001, 11:51:36 PM
::Sage looked left and right. He spotted a large building bulging out of the ground. Atleast three stories high. The fourth level could be a story or a attic. A sign hanged from the second level. Although the species spoke Basic they did not write in it. The sign loosely translated into "Police Station". He started towards it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

::Sage stepped into building. The local officers buzzed left and right, up and down the stairs, panic stricken. He approached the information desk where a overwieght man was stationed behind the half circular desk::

Sage:Good mor--

Overweight Policeman:Yeah, yeah, yeah. Would you just tell me what you need kid?

Sage:I have been instructed to meet with a Horald Jolad.

Overweight Policeman:Jolad.... the detective? What are you? Fresh recruit reporting for duty?

Sage:I was told to compare notes with him. Could you direct me to his office?

Overweight Policeman:o ver there.

::The man gestured towards a door behind him. Sage arrived at the door and lightly knocked......::

Jedah Lynch
Mar 3rd, 2001, 04:40:03 AM
The crowds bustled throughout the streets, each person catering to their own business or daily practices. No vehicles could pass by due to the shere number of inhabitants, they were use to walking or having beast of burden carry any massive items purchased on the markets to grace their dwellings.

Walking past one of the planets citizens after another his eyes moved scanned all those that rushed by him, in his field of work a lapse of focus could prove fatal often it was all that stood between his safety and a dagger in his back. A hand reached out to grab his tunic. Spinning around his hand instinctively going to a lightsaber hilt upon his belt he grabbed the persons arms and broughts his eyes upon an old merchant holding out some form of undersea animal.

"You buy! You buy!" she said through a toothless grin.

"Not today old hag, not let go or else" came the Siths reply his anger at not being able to move on rising.

"Got other things, good things!" She smiled again in her toothless fashion.

"I said not today! Now pardon me witch" he sneered at her yanking his arm free, cutting through the crowds he hated such attention by the local people. Filthy merchants, foul flatscans he said to himself in his mind.

"Excuse me" came a seemingly charming and innocent voice.

Lynch did not intend to turn around nor slowed his pace thinking it another begger that flocked up and down the streets like roaches. Seconds later the voice came again.

"Excuse me!"

Spinning around he looked into the face of a young woman who had only recently entered full womanhood, he judged her from her clothing to be another seller of wares, although what excatly she was selling could be left to the imagination with her low cut shirt.

She saw the dangerous look in his face, that glint in his eye that told her more than words ever could that she was in dire straights to delay this one longer than she was doing. Putting on a brave face and forcing herself not to stutter she put her gaze on his and spoke.

"I know what you are"

His facial expression does not let out any surprise or move in any way to give her information. Being an offworlder this could be a trick to wessel some money out of him, often there were some who could make a tidy profit by fooling those who had come to get away for legal reasons especially in this part of the city.

"I know what you are" she said again in a calm and collected manner. "Starts with a S.."

A smile came to his face as his hand went up to her mouth covering it from saying anymore. He moved to her whispering in her ear.

"Its a dangerous game you play little sparrow, a very dangerous game, you should fly away while you have a chance."

Backing away her arm up in front of her she looked at him.

"I'll tell them..."

He couldnt easily stay undetected if the true nature of his being was revealed, it could lead to some very unwanted heat from the assassination he had just comitted. Pointing behind her at an alley, he signaled for her to go there. She nodded, it was a risk to her she knew but often dealings of such natures were held in dark places free from the public eye were they not? Memories from her childhood of reading and watching holocube spy stories rang through her mind, this was just like that, she would get from him what she wanted for a price to keep his secret sound.

Under the shadows of the alley where no passer by looked so busy in their own plans the Sith and young woman stood. The woman spoke first.

"My name is Fre I..."

"This is not a social gathering" the Sith snapped at her, he did not care to be stopped by such an obvious rookie "Say your words or say nothing at all"

The woman swallowed hard, she took a step backwards her hands going to the wall to steady herself before clutching them to herside realizing her obvious signs of weakness she was showing.

"Very well, I know what you are...a Sith, I saw your weapon when the old woman stopped you. Sith are not cared for and very much wanted War Criminals"

A smug look came to his face and he spoke cutting her off.

"Let me guess, you want money to keep this info secret correct? That perhaps I shall give you a better future if you promise to keep silent"

She nodded slowly, her face full of determination though he saw through her expression knowing her to be hardly trained for such bribery attempts. She didnt even get a chance to blink before his hand was firmly around her throat, her hands went to his as she tried to pull away but he only slamed her skull into the wall behind her.

"Listen to me you foolish girl, less die for far less than you have given me today." He looked into her quivering eyes very closely. "However I'm on more important business and shall let you live but....*he let the word hang for a second* if you dare tell anyone I was here your life will be estinguised faster than you thought possible. Is that clear?"

Quickly she nodded up and down. The grip upon her throat lessened and then he was walking away from her. Catching her breath she knew she couldnt let this past, all her life she had been one of the downcast citizens upon this miserable world, he was her only potential ticket off it instead of a servent of the streets. Almost out of instinct she reached for him.

"Wait...wait please"

Turning around he looked out at her from his hood.

"I...I can do whatever you want if you take me away from this place, I'll do anything for you...anything.." Her words went low as her eyes darted to the scum that littered the ground lining the alley.

She managed to bring her eyes to his, a single tear rolled down her face telling him enough that she must have had a rough time in her life in recent months if not years.

"I can be whatever you want me to be" she said in a soft voice as she moved up against him daring to try and kiss him. "Anything" she managed to say again despite her fear while reaching out to take his hand and put it to her hair, she leaned forward on her toes to kiss him. Half surprised to find he did not resist her lips firmly pushed against his and she felt his embrace.

It wouldnt be too bad she thought..servent of a Sith, she might find power there especially if she managed to seduce him for her own goals. Whatever dreams she had soon vanished, her eyes went wide, franticly she tried to pull away but found his grip too strong. Blood flowed from hers and his lips down her face and then she made no movement at all. Her body dropped a single stab wound to her hart had killed her, walking away he stopped and then turned around and spat out her tongue, a grin formed on his face. Noting he had not been seen in the darken alley he made his way to rejoin the busy society leaving her corpse for the rats and the knowledge she contained to rot with her.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 4th, 2001, 01:39:38 AM
------------------------------------------------------

::Sage leaned back slightly in his chair. Horald Jolad sat across from him::

Sage:I hear you know your way around these parts.

Horald:Of course. I've lived here all my life.

Sage:I was wondering if you knew of a assasination that took place?

Horald:Are you kidding me? The whole town--no, planet, has been buzzing about it! It's driving me mad. A new lead appears every minute. Everyone a fraud.

Sage:I need your assistance in finding the assasin.

Horald:Funny. You and every other Tom, Dick, and Harry.

Sage:You and I are more alike then you believe. We are both detectives, both followers of justice. Why not let me help?

Horald:You can help kid, I don't care. Just stay out of my way.

Sage:Then we are in agreement.

::Sage stands out of the chair. He bows his head slightly as a goodbye::

Jedah Lynch
Mar 5th, 2001, 01:45:19 AM
The caravan's shuffled out along the town going from one city to another in the almost finished sundown, only a few scattered transport ships populated the planet, many had finished their days duty except for the odd pleasure ship that soared overhead.

The night in the city became a different place, although by large and far a peaceful species like any other there existed the criminal element. The more well off part of society moving out in the streets kept a wary eye on their purses and pockets for roving vengabonds who could make a good nights keep with a few well placed snatch and grabs.

The twin moons shined bright in the night their glow shining down upon the planet. The night, a time of darkness and danger, an assassins time to do their trade.

Upon an open window satin curtins gently twisted and turned in the nights breeze, the balcony out in front overlooking a magnificent view of the city stood silent.

Silence is often a signal of death.

Entering into the bedroom where the good duke and duchess lay asleep he made his way. Much to his annoyence he had found out his job was not quite done yet, this man had been dipping his hands into the recent buisnesses that the Sith Empire had been managing, such a thing had to be stop, good timing that Lynch was on the planet. Pity the duke.

The house had surprisingly yielded few security measures, the duke had must have thought too much of his reputation and security forces, he never considered there was always someone bigger than he in the underworld. The few security precautions he had taken were disabled, the security patrol had been hired goons with no professionals among them, no challenge what so ever to him. They had died fast even before they knew their last breath had been spent.

Only a few feet remained between him and his objective. The plan was rather basic, kill them take some valuable and the investigation would reveal it was a robbery turned homicide. The police forces were pathetic they would go no further in their thinking.

A movement caused Lynch to freeze in his tracks, the duchess had begun to wake up with him in no clear spot enough to hide. The lady sat up in her fine laced garments yawning, she paused for a moment, an intuition told her something was wrong. Looking around the room she saw nothing out of the normal, her hand went to her stomach then and quickly she ran to the bathroom.

The duke awoke as she lept from the bed, he watched his dear wife run to the bathroom knowing her to be sick again. Resting his head back down on the pillow his body lurnched upwards as three laser blast tore through his body, with a slump his body feel back to the bed, his blood turning the pure white sheets red. A hand came up from under the bed hauling himself free from his hiding place, dusting himself off Lynch looked at the duke and pointed the blaster one final time leaving one last burn mark drilled into the dead dukes skull.

Got to make sure you get them grinned the Sith. Examining the silencer on the blaster he thought it a nice weapon to have, lucky for him it had been strapped under the bed with some tape as a safety measure in case the duke had ever been awaken by intruders. The dukes own last ditch weapon had been used against him, Lynch smiled at the irony.

A noise in the next room alerted him to the duchess moving about, grabbing a gold box from the drawer he made his way onto the balcony and promptly vanished. The duke had been the only real target, she would have died if she had remained never to awake again from her slumber.

The Sith was long gone by the time she came out of the bathroom rushing to the bed, in her hurry to get covered from the cold air she never bothered to question the way her husband slept, his face facing the window. She had only slid in under the sheets when she felt something, pulling up her hands her face turned to one of horror, they were covered in blood. Her scream echoed loud from the room down into the streets causing animals to howl in unison.

The Sith was no where near to hearing them.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 5th, 2001, 04:38:25 AM
Sage Hazzard arrived first. Following him shortly was the local police department. He waited outside the door to the mansion. The place where the Duke was staying. As the police cars pull up Sage leaned against the large wooden double doors.

Sage:Good evening sir.

Horald offered him a cold shoulder as he pushed open the doors.

--------------------------------------------------

Sage sat in a chair nearby, his legs crossed. Strangely calm. In the other room police officers questioned the Duchess. A forensics team hovered over the blood stains. And Horald examined the blaster. The murder weapon.

Sage:Suicide detective?

Horald:Yeah. That's what I was thinkin'.

Sage:You are wrong.

Horald:We won't know tell the prints come back from the lab.

Sage:Something tells me there are no prints. An assasin always wears gloves.

Horald:And why do you think it's an assasin? It could very well be a burglar. There's some things missing here. I'm sure of it.

Sage:Again sir, you are wrong. It is the same assasin that I came here for.

Horald:And why in the heck do you think that Hazzard?

Sage:D o you take me for a fool sir? Why else would I come here if no to find my... what do you refer to it as?.... Ah yes. A "perp".

Horald:o kay wise guy. What would you do here?

Sage:Close off all spaceports. Don't let him leave.

Horald:No way.

Sage:Then I will take matters into my own hands.

Sage stood up from his seat without a sound. He walked over to the balcony and jumped from the landing. His landed harmlessly on the ground floor. He casually strolled to the main Spaceport, "Sanotine Space Travel".

Jedah Lynch
Mar 6th, 2001, 04:59:40 PM
"A Jedi?" the Sith spoke to the female over the secured comm.

"Yes m'lord, reports have indicated a Jedi was sent to the planet to investigate the murders"

"So they have sent another pup to kill the king have they...this brings up a unique situation does it not Keeper?"

"If you say so m'lord, I do not confess to always understand your reasoning"

"As it should be..." he chimed in.

"Will you be returning to Forcehold soon?"

"After I'am done I shall return, until then make sure the operations stay on track"

Turning off the com upon his arm gauntlet the Sith, looked up at the nights sky. So they send a cat to catch the mouse do they...heh all the more pity for them...we shall see who is the hunter and the prey..time to set a plan into motion

Walking to the computer system in the small room he began to access information files, he would make it intresting for this foolish Jedi.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 8th, 2001, 02:17:58 AM
::Sage Hazzard was disturbed. The clerk proceeded to tell him the same thing::

Clerk:I'm sorry sir. There was only one ship to leave today. And that same ship landed here 2 days ago.

::The same day that the first assasination took place::

Sage:Let me see that screen again.

::The man swiveled the computer screen for Sage to view. The company kept a visual log of the ships that landed, in case one left without paying the toll amount. The ship matched exactly to a ship located to the far left of Sage.... interesting indeed. Could the files have been tampered with. He could not investigate the ship without a warrant::

Sage:Very well. Thank you sir.

::Sage flipped the clerk a credit coin as he walked away.... The plot had thickened::

Jedah Lynch
Mar 9th, 2001, 11:26:05 PM
The air always bustled bright with the movement of the populace eagerly going about their daily chores as in before they did not notice or particularly pay any attention to the dark robbed man. If they had known his nature how different a scene it would all be but there always existed secrets in plain sight.

The Sith Lord awaited in an alley his dark robes blended into that of the densely lit alleys that sprung up each and every way you turned. Across from him stood a temple. A religious place for these people. There was no one around now and soon the Sith Lord walked out into the open crossing the street to the steps leading up the doorway. The wind became almost bitter the Sith Lord thought, it seemed to nip at him, he paid it no attention.

Inside stood the Priest known as Amn, for thirty four years he had served his God for the greater good, for all those years he had left behind any thoughts of hate, violence and malice against his fellow kin. He wished only to save them and help them, his dreams were not unlike one Rylina who now lay buried in the ground, killed by the Sith Lord Jedah Lynch.

Amn thought he heard foot steps and the great doors to the sanctury open, when he turned around he saw no one. He looked only for a second more thinking it nothing but a trick of his mind. Reaching for a candle he lifted it up putting it to light with another he had just done. The temple was littered with these illuminated sweet smelling candles, each giving off an pleasant aroma to the smell. He loved this time of day, the peaceful time he had alone to prepare for the people to come within the hour for the daily offerings to their beloved God. He picked up a candle its wick becoming lighted as he went to place it beside the others when the flame begain to flicker.

Amn held the candle in front of his face almost temperoary entertained by the flames dance. Never one in all his years he could remember had a flame ever died on him. The flame flickered again and went out in a small poof of smoke that floated upwards. Amn felt as if something had moved behind him, he could feel the chill in the air around him. A small drop of moisture came down his face. The candle fell to the floor as he spun around and gazed into those glowing green eyes from the dark dressed man.

A fist came out and struck him upon the side of the face knocking him back against the alter, several candles were knocked from their holdings and feel to the floor, three of which had sent ablaze a tapestry. Amn looked up again as the demons fist struck him in the face and the warm blood exited his lip. The Priest Amn was nothing to the Sith Lord, in fact the Sith could hardly care anything about him in the first place. But he meant for a good game to be had with this Jedi and the Priest was a beloved member of the community if not a powerful symbol of their God on this world, crimes against thier churches had not happened in countless years. This would serve to stir the populace into a frenzy, the previous killings of the Peace Ambassador and Duke would only fuel the citizens as the news was spun and guessed about by the planets media. The Sith Lord did so love chaos.

Grabbing the priest by the robes the Sith Lord slammed him violently down against the alter, Amns jaw hit hard and he guessed it had been broken. A violent kick to the ribs sent him down aside the alter as he fought against the pain, he would not fight back. It was against his morals, his principals, he could only hope who ever was doing this would in time learn the errors of his ways. Amn did not know Lynch..

The room had begun to fill with smoke as the tapersty fire spread to many others amongst the walls, Lynch used the force to push candles and any source of light against anyting potential flameable. Soon the whole room was full of small fires eventually to grow into a massive one that would signal the end of this temples life. The priest looked up at the dark cloak figure knowing soon his fate, however a question did flow in his mind, with considerable pain in his jaw he asked.

"W-wwho are y-you"

The Sith Lord his eyes still growing in their green light looked down at him and only smiled. From his shoulders two wings extended outward fully ripping open Amns beliefs in those last few moments. Lynch grabbed him and tossed him into a dozen rolls of candles, his robes becoming alit in a blaze upon him. He thrased around befor running down the isle. The Sith Lord looked down at his prey fleeing in agony, every piece of skin upon the priest burning now and blistering a dozen times over. Lynch took aim as he pointed a high calibre blaster towards the good priest Amn and sent a shot out to end the mans agony once and for all.

The blast entered the back of Amns skull and he was able only for the shortest of second let a look of bewilderment be etched upon his face as the laser tore into his head. The next second the front of his face exploded in a bloody mess of gore, his body fell straight to the floor next to bits of his brain. One eye gently rolled towards the door.

Lynch smiled and looked around as he began to walk down the path the Priest had fled before stopping next to a large basin of water. The Sith Lord turned about to regard the stone God in the front of the church letting his smile widen as he held up a finger and dipped it into the water. Letting a small burst of dark side lightnining out of his finger the water began to bubble and soon the basin began to shake before exploding in pieces. The Sith shielded himself with his reinforced cloak against the small pieces as they flew about the room and he at last began to leave the holy place in flames, his wings going back underath his cloak before exiting.

He was going to make this very intresting and very much dangerous to the Jedi. It would be a fun game.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 10th, 2001, 03:21:15 AM
::Sage walked the streets. His thoughts consumed him. He couldn't get the thoughts of the last days out of his mind. They made no sense.

He looked up towards the sky, for no reason at all. He saw a puff of smoke. Where's there's smoke, there's fire.

Being the good Jedi he was, he sprinted towards the scene::

----------------------------------------------------

::Sage's Jedi speed was helpful here. He arrived in seconds.

He rushed to the doors of the great temple. He pulls open one of the enormous doors. What he saw was disgusting to say the least. There, laying on the ground, was a burnt, shot, and dead priest. He looked up, the temple was blazing with fire, he could not go farther, or see anything.

He managed to pull the man out of the temple, and onto the sidewalk. An abtopsy was very much needed. But it was apparent the man was killed. The damage on his head was akin to a blaster's.

The sirens sounded distant, but coming closer. The firetrucks would arrive soon::

Jedah Lynch
Mar 11th, 2001, 09:04:10 PM
All over the local media holo grams buzzed with the latest news on the killings going on, the death of Amn had sent many citizens into a frenzy demanding action to be taken swifty, the murderer found and brought to justice. Rumors had been going around that several small right wing religious groups of the populace had even formed small mobs in search of the fiend, questioning any that may have seen the deeds being comitted.

The Sith Lord relaxed in his chair as he regarded the broadcast, he found it amuseing enough that many were already taking extreme lengths to catch him. One case he heard had a beating occur on a less than reputable Famill buisnessman who was blamed as a scapegoat by a rival, the matter had been quickly found out and the man was later taken into custody for his lies and actions. Lynch sat there pondering the other news he heard, the peace negotations were failing miserabely and war seemed very close. They would only a small nudge to push them further, a grin coming to his face at the thought.

He sat relaxing as he regarded the news holding a wine glass, so far he had much to celebrate and more was to come yet.