PDA

View Full Version : Blood Ties II ~ The Hunt and Ritual

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 18th, 2001, 11:26:52 PM
The hissing sound of the refrigeration unit helped to waken Dalethria's senses, the cold vapors rising up through her nostrils. The night was pleasant and thankfully, the Dark Side allowed the ship to withstand the chilling winds outside. She pulled out the canister that Tirsa placed inside and popped open the lid. Crisp, white snow that glistened in the light betrayed a simple purity that neither her or her family held. The substance itself held no meaning, Dalethria thought ... it was the test in retrieving the snow that mattered.

Climbing the highest peak in the Meras Mountains (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicfrm13.showMessage?topicID=216.topic) almost cost Tirsa her life. Dalethria almost dared to end it herself but thinking back on it, was relieved that she didn't. She gave Tirsa a chance to prove herself. The Nebari was determined to participate in the hunt, securing her place in the ritual, with broken ribs and all. It took a certain character to defy odds and still be willing to partake in something dangerous regardless of already how badly injured they were. She was jealous and not pleased since she didn't think Tirsa was worthy, but after what happened, even Ogre would be proud

Now she was beginning to understand why Sorsha was with Tirsa. Now on this day she felt like a complete fool for how she was treating the Nebari. She placed the canister back and sealed the unit. She had brooded enough this morning and it was time to wake up the others.~~~

~~~The door hissed opened to the quarters Sorsha and Tirsa shared. They looked to be both asleep and without saying a word, threw the winter jackets over their heads.

"Ha, time to wake up and get ready."

Then the door hissed shut.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 19th, 2001, 11:48:59 AM
:: Sorsha sits up and pulls the coat away from her face. She stretches and sits up, smiling as Tirsa squirms beneath the covers ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 19th, 2001, 12:25:42 PM
:: finally pushes off the coat after a few moments of confusion and sits up, mussed hair and all. She blinks, trying to wake herself up ::

"Alright ... who did that?"

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 19th, 2001, 12:55:20 PM
Moving back into her quarters, Dalethria rolled her shoulders and then stretched out her back. Her body was a bit stiff from sleeping in new surroundings but her excitement about today drowned that all out.

She put her weapon's belt on, feeling the familiar weight of the sabre at her side. Three daggers were placed in their respective places on her person and she slipped on her chain. Dalethria grabbed the strap to her scabbard which held her sword and left her quarters.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 19th, 2001, 01:30:05 PM
:: Sorsha rose out of bed and stretched again ::

"It's time to hunt. Are you ready?"

:: starts suiting up ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 19th, 2001, 02:13:01 PM
:: throws the covers off and slips out of bed. Already Tirsa could hear her stomach growling as she got dressed ::

"I'll be more ready after breakfast. Then it'll all be good."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 19th, 2001, 02:18:34 PM
:: grins in amusement at the sound ::

"There's only more of what we had last night, I'm afraid."

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 19th, 2001, 02:34:57 PM
:: tightens the string on her vest and frowns ::

" ... "

:: grabs her jacket and opens the door. Waiting for Sorsha just outside, she mumbles under her breath ::

"I rather climb the mountain again then eat that stuff."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 20th, 2001, 12:19:33 AM
Dalethria was already in the galley and had breakfast and coffee prepared. Boots on the empty seat nearby, she nibbled on her food and waited for the others to join her and talk strategy.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 20th, 2001, 12:52:27 PM
:: makes her way to the galley and takes a seat ::

"Good morning, Sister."

:: wrinkles her nose at the plate in front of her ::

"How do you live on this synthetic muck?"

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 20th, 2001, 01:11:48 PM
She took her boots off the chair, knowing that Tirsa couldn't be too far behind, and chuckled, "I only live on when I have to be on the ship. Besides I'm used to it and everything probably taste's bland to you anyway."

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 20th, 2001, 01:30:39 PM
"Oh please."

:: makes her way over to the free chair that Dale so graciously provided ::

"There's way better food to have on a ship then this."

:: tips the coffee cup forward and inspects its contents ::

"At least this looks like real coffee."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 20th, 2001, 03:36:27 PM
:: sniffs at her cup and makes a face ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 20th, 2001, 05:45:07 PM
"At least it's not alcoholic," she said, amused by the two of them.

She ate her food and drank her coffee, the taste almost a welcome to a life long since gone. When she was almost done, she spoke up, "So, what's the plan? I'm hoping to get back to the Cave well before we're out of time."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 20th, 2001, 05:47:40 PM
"We only require the claws of a single wolf, correct?"

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 20th, 2001, 06:29:48 PM
"That's right. We need to find a wolf and claim our prize and be back before midnight tonight ... otherwise we fail."

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 20th, 2001, 06:58:14 PM
:: sets down the coffee cup and tries to blink away tears ::

"That ... was beyond strong. Ugh."

:: pushes her plate away ::

"Anyway ... can't you two sense for them? Or we could do it the old fashion way and find tracks." :p

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 20th, 2001, 08:05:42 PM
"I suppose we could do that. I was thinking of taking one from the air."

:: looks at Dalethria for a response ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 20th, 2001, 09:04:51 PM
Raises a brow in surprise, "What we is there in this plan? Tirsa and I are the only ones that can pilot the ship and shoot properly."

She had to cover her face and laugh, "I remember the Bakura mission all too well."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 20th, 2001, 09:08:10 PM
"One of you fly, one of you shoot, and I'll go get it. Okay?"

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 20th, 2001, 09:13:06 PM
:: a gleam of excitement sparkled in her eyes ::

"I get to shoot!" :D

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 20th, 2001, 09:22:07 PM
"Alright, I give," she continues to laugh. Taking a deep breath, she regains her composure, "Considering the terrain, the wolves will blend in perfectly."

She turns to Sorsha, "Best if we sense for them. It will make it that much easier."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 20th, 2001, 09:35:49 PM
"I guess we could land and bite their tails if you'd rather. I just thought this would be cleaner."

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 20th, 2001, 10:38:19 PM
:: puckers in her lips to stop from laughing ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 21st, 2001, 12:31:13 PM
"I already said that using the ship was fine. I don't care how we get those claws as long as we get them."

Already done with her meal, Dalethria put her dishes away and left the galley, heading towards the cockpit.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 21st, 2001, 12:36:07 PM
:: pushes her plate away, untouched, and follows Dale ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 21st, 2001, 12:49:26 PM
:: sighs, watching them leave ::

"Another wonderful start today."

:: cleans up the table quickly by tossing the plates in the sink and then makes her way to the front of the ship ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 21st, 2001, 01:52:43 PM
She took a moment to pause in her system check to look outside. It was bright and sunny, blue skies without a trace of any clouds. Quite deceptive to how frigid it was outside. Hopefully they will be able to find a pack of wolves today, otherwise they might be forced to wait until night when the predators come out.

Everything seemed to check out alright on The Dauntless. The gun turret was functional and everything was a go. With a flip of a switch, the engines came to life and Dalethria leaned back in her seat, waiting for them to warm up. This ship was a good one but with the bitter cold last night, she rather be certain that the engines were indeed alright as the console said.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 21st, 2001, 01:57:54 PM
:: peeks over Dale's chair like a small child, watching her make the systems check in curiosity ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 21st, 2001, 02:23:31 PM
Her eyes moves upwards, sensing her sister behind her and smiles, "Want to know what some of the controls do?"

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 21st, 2001, 02:36:01 PM
:: she remembers flying this ship before, but it was more like a distant dream now. she reaches out to touch the targeting system ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 21st, 2001, 03:00:08 PM
She saw where her sister's hand was heading and quickly grabbed her forearm, "I don't think you want to do that."

Dalethria turned around to look up at Sorsha, "That's the targeting system. You could have accidently open fired depending on what you did."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 21st, 2001, 03:15:06 PM
"Fear not, Sister. I know exactly what it does."

:: Sorsha's eyes gleam with delight as she smiles at Dale ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 21st, 2001, 03:20:59 PM
:: she wasn't sure which way they went but the sound of the engines clued Tirsa to check the cockpit. When she finally got there, she poked her head in curiously. From what she could see, Sorsha wanted to do something on the console and Dale wasn't sure what to think. Perhaps Dale didn't know the full extent of what happened to Sorsha and Ogre when they shared bodies for a time? ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 21st, 2001, 03:26:28 PM
A look of apprehension crossed her face. Sorsha didn't know how to use the targeting computer's on The Koriolos before, what made her think she could know what to do here.

Looking back and forth between the console and Sorsha. Finally her shoulders slumped in defeat, "Oh, alright."

She let go of her sister's arm.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 22nd, 2001, 02:43:30 PM
:: kisses Dale upon the head and takes a seat beside her ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 22nd, 2001, 03:05:34 PM
:: smiles and makes her way down the corridor to the turret access. The pulls herself inside and then climbs up the ladder, hopping into the chair. Tirsa grabs the headset and puts it on, the display coming to life in front of her ::

"This is gonna be fun."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 22nd, 2001, 03:16:32 PM
She closed her eyes and chuckled, hearing what Tirsa said over the comm. Dalethria cut the engines off and looked to Sorsha, "So, you know other things beside the targeting system?"

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 22nd, 2001, 03:23:57 PM
"Not very much, so I'll leave the piloting to you."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 23rd, 2001, 12:05:49 AM
She grinned and flipped another switch. The repulsors hummed to life as the ship began to lift off the ground, "Maybe I could teach you sometime."

Once again, Dalethria kicked the engines on, "In Ogre's ship of course."

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 28th, 2001, 04:54:41 PM
:: her head bobbed back and forth in time with whatever song was going through her head as Tirsa studied the display. In the background, she could hear Sorsha's and Dale's conversation but she was having more fun figuring out what all the buttons did. It was quite some time since Tirsa had sat in the turret preferring being in the cockpit. Stupid chair always moved around so fast and it was not fun getting up and out of the seat.

The layout of the controls were different, but it was all basically the same to Tirsa. She was cursed to remember everything ... every smell, sound and tiny little detail was forever stored in her mind. Through the years it became easier to manage, especially through intoxication. Times like this, she was a little grateful.

Blue skies turned into white sheets speckled with black as Tirsa took notice that the ship must be rounding the mountain. Flipping on the targeting display, she was hoping the sensors would pick up something. Hopefully what they were looking for ::

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 28th, 2001, 05:15:06 PM
:: Sorsha closes her eyes and focuses on extending her senses beyond the confines of the ship. The speed and altitude of the ship sends her mind spinning and forces her to stop as she nearly faints ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 28th, 2001, 05:31:09 PM
Looking out the viewport, watched the sides of the mountain streak by and concentrated on piloting the ship. Her senses were focused on her immediate surroundings and reflexes which made flying the ship not only easy, but enjoyable. It also alerted Dalethria that her sister wasn't faring well at all.

She cut the speed of the ship down and looked to Sorsha with concern, "What's wrong?"

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 28th, 2001, 05:36:03 PM
"Nothing."

:: She looks at Dalethria dizzily as a blood tear runs down her cheek ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 28th, 2001, 05:51:39 PM
A flash of anger crossed her eyes as Dalethria then cut the engines off and powered up the repulsors ... letting the ship hover in place.

"Don't give me that nothing crap," she unstrapped herself and moved over to Sorsha. She let a finger whip up part of the blood on her sister's cheek and showed it to her, "What the hell is this then? Now what the hell happened?"

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 28th, 2001, 05:53:37 PM
:: a look of confusion came over Tirsa as she pressed her lips together in an almost pout. Nothing was on her display and there was nothing going on outside as far as she could see ::

"Hey!"

:: she flipped her comm on ::

"Why'd we stop?"

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 28th, 2001, 06:03:23 PM
:: focuses on Dale's finger and sighs ::

"It happens sometimes. Don't worry about it."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 28th, 2001, 06:24:49 PM
Tirsa's voice came over the comm and she sounded rather annoyed.

"Apparently everything is just fine," It was laced with sarcasm but Dalethria knew that pressing the issue was going to get her no where.

She returned to her seat and buckled in. She didn't bother to wipe the blood off her finger and powered up the engines once more.

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 28th, 2001, 06:31:22 PM
:: that was an odd way to answer her question ::

"Alrighty then."

:: the ship lurched forward and then began to gain speed. Tirsa returned to her scanning and her eyes went wide. A blip came on her display ::

"I got a confirmation of a target. Don't know if it's a wolf but you guys have better sensors in the cockpit. How about you two find out. Heh."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 28th, 2001, 06:42:59 PM
:: closes her eyes again and opens her mind to Dalethria ::

*** Guide me, I'll follow. ***

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 28th, 2001, 07:06:18 PM
The ship slowed down once again and Dalethria felt her sister enter her mind. Her eyes stayed focused on the white mountain tops in front as Dalethria connected with Sorsha.

Expanding her senses outwards, the scene in front of her came at her quickly. The white snow was blinding but then Dalethria found herself standing on a large snowy ledge. A shadow was looming over her and she knew right away it was the ship. Sensing for any signs of life, she speaks to Sorsha telepathically.

Pick up anything yet?

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 28th, 2001, 07:11:19 PM
"Yes. I feel them."

:: she extends her senses through her Sister, looking through her mind's eye. a group of winter wolves feeding on the carcass of some great beast ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 29th, 2001, 03:33:59 PM
A tiny silver cord appeared and Dalethria focused on the thread. The scene quickly shifted to where Sorsha was looking at. She too saw a group of about five wolves that were enjoying their afternoon meal.

They aren't too far away and they haven't spotted us yet. Should be able to take them by surprise.

Her senses returned to normal and the familiar sensations of being in the cockpit was welcomed.

"Tirsa, you got your confirmation. Swinging around now to get a better shot for you."

The Dauntless shot upwards and spun in the air as it flew closer to their objective.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 29th, 2001, 03:56:06 PM
:: Sorsha projects the image into Tirsa's mind before the link is broken and waits ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 29th, 2001, 05:21:40 PM
:: the familiar presence of Sorsha in her mind gave way to where the wolves were. Having a clear picture of the wolves as well as the blips on her targeting computer, this should be pretty easy.

Blasting the wolves into many little pieces was not part of the plan. Rerouting power from the weapons to the shields, Tirsa focused on the display. Five blips were centered together in a small cluster. She licked her lips as the shot was lined up but then the cluster began to break up ::

"Frell!"

:: the sound of the engines must have alerted the wolves and it should have come as no surprise. It just made things harder.

Her eyes randomly picked a target and let loose a volley of laser bolts. Twin bolts slam into the ground, kicking up snow from the impact, as the line of fire heads closer to one lone wolf.

The snow obscured the wolf and rocks of various sizes fell from the side of the mountain from where the stray laser fire had hit. It was uncertain if the wolf was buried underneath or not but that blip phased out of her targeting display ::

"Hey! I think I got it!"

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 29th, 2001, 05:59:55 PM
"Good! Bring us down."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 29th, 2001, 06:16:23 PM
With a grin, Dalethria swung the ship around after that pass and set the ship down. They were further down the mountain at this point and it was much easier to find a place to land.

Dalethria unstrapped and quickly started to make her way towards the landing ramp, zipping up her jacket along the way.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 30th, 2001, 01:16:20 PM
:: pulls up her hood and waits for Tirsa ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 30th, 2001, 01:35:50 PM
:: pulls the headset off and hangs it over the firing controls. She slips out of the chair and back into the main part of the ship, making her way towards the others. Tirsa spotted Sorsha and Dale waiting for her and looked at the both of them ::

"Well ... are we going or what?"

:: pats the side of her blaster ::

"I'm looking forward to huntin' incase those wolves come back."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 30th, 2001, 01:50:04 PM
:: looks at Tirsa for a moment, then walks down the ramp ::

Wolf of Winter
Jul 1st, 2001, 07:37:57 PM
:: The laser blast had not stricken the Wolf, but the debris of rock and snow had impeded him from escaping as the rest of his pack had. Wriggling to try and free himself from the pile of rocks, the wolf managed to get out from underneath. Just as he did, his senses came alive with a fresh scent.

Food!

It was downwind of the trio that had just exited the craft and now its instincts to eat were taking over, this was now a hunt. The winds were fierce in this valley and the tracks of his pack mates were already blown over and covered, but he knew where they were, just as he knew the thee live meals were slowly trudging their way towards him.

He lowered to the ground and allowed the snowfall to obscure where he was, waiting for the right moment to strike. ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 2nd, 2001, 10:35:49 PM
Dalethria made her way through the snow and couldn't find any tracks at all. The blasted wind was rather strong this afternoon but the powdery snow made it easy to walk at least. She extended her senses around her and knew that they we're not alone.

Cautiously, she continued to move towards the rubble that was about twenty yards away, "Our boy's here ... his friends are probably still around too."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 3rd, 2001, 12:53:58 PM
:: hands a large curved thorn to Dale and extends her senses ::

"I feel them too. All around us."

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 3rd, 2001, 01:51:45 PM
:: turns around with her blaster ready and keeps her eyes peeled, watching their backs as the trio stalks closer to where the wolf was buried ::

Wolf of Winter
Jul 3rd, 2001, 02:09:02 PM
:: The sound of footsteps in the snow, as well as the strength of their scents told him exactly where they were. They were close now, as well as his pack mates. The pack must have smelled the food as well, because they were back and closing in, having circled around.

It was time for the strike. Teeth bared and with a growl, the buried wolf leapt from its place under the snow, launching at the one nearest. His jaw opened revealing jagged teeth as he aimed for her throat. The other circling wolves began to creep nearer, now able to see their prey and their brother’s attack. ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 3rd, 2001, 03:03:04 PM
She turned to her right and was met with a white blur. Damn wolf took her by surprise as Dalethria was taking the thorn from Sorsha. Snow flew upwards from the impact and Dalethria grabbed both sides of the wolf's mouth, blood already beginning to spread across her gloves from the sharp teeth digging into her flesh.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 3rd, 2001, 03:09:05 PM
:: Sorsha ignites her sabre through the wolf's eye, slicing through the top of it's skull as she feels the rush of more Wolves ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 3rd, 2001, 03:24:35 PM
:: the crackle of the sabre alerted Tirsa that the wolves had begun their hunt. She whirled her blaster around and fired a spread of bolts in front of the incoming pack. Rolling forward, she found some cover by the rubble and took aim at another wolf flanking Dale and opened fired ::

Wolf of Winter
Jul 3rd, 2001, 03:25:41 PM
:: The taste of blood in its mouth was short lived as its life was extinguished suddenly. The sizzle of its blood boiling as the saber went through filing the air with an odd smell. It fell to the ground motionless with the warm blood of its prey steaming in the cold air.

The other wolves were making their attack, and the scent of blood in the air was driving them into a frenzy, so much so that the blaster bolts that struck the ground didn’t frighten or slow their approach in the least.

The one flanking Dale was struck by Tirsa’s blast. Its side smoldering as it fell in a heap into the snow. There were three remaining and they were all making respective charges at each of the members of the trio of humanoids, salivating and growling as the did. ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 5th, 2001, 11:01:16 PM
She grimaced and rolled to her stomach, wiping away the snow from her face. Her hands already went numb from the cold ... the pain completely gone. The wolves were charging them with intense speed and the growls echoed down the length of the area.

White vapor rose out of her mouth as her eyes darted back and forth between the wolves. Bloodied hands and all, she pulled Shenlong's Fang from off her belt and stood up ... just to be pounced by another wolf. The little bastards were fast and not to mention quite large. Even Avagdu was almost twice the size of a regular wolf and these winter wolves were even larger then him.

Still, she should have been able to defend herself but the blasted cold and her wounds really were affecting her. It felt like her hands were frost bitten because the blood had frozen, caking her hands in ice blood. She could barely grab onto the thick fur of the wolf, pushing him up as much as she could before his teeth chomped into her shoulder.

Dalethria frantically kicked underneath the great beast before she was able to get her feet underneath the wolf. Her mind began to focus as the growling snout of the wolf came within an inch of her face. Saliva dripped down it's sharp canines and instantly became ice as it touched her face. Strength became increased through the Force, determined that she would not be killed by some damn wolf ... no one, not even a beast like this, would keep her from what was hers.

A desperate scream bellowed from her throat and she shoved the wolf onto his back. The breath was knocked out of the wolf and it whined from the impact. Dalethria unceremoniously stood up but became tangled up in the wolf's legs. She pushed herself away and called Shenlong's Fang to her hand. She grabbed the hilt but her hand couldn't keep the grip. Dalethria looked to the wolf with wide eyes, wondering if it was bent on attacking soon.

It wasn't moving.

"Wha the ..." Confusion crossed her face and everything that was happening around her was put on hold.

"I didn't even hit it ..."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 9th, 2001, 09:14:00 PM
:: Sorsha screams out as the third wolf clamps down on her leg. With a flick of the wrist, she shears off it's head before it can tear her flesh away. She falls onto her back, the dead wolf's jaws clenched together like a steel trap as she bled ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 10th, 2001, 01:40:47 AM
:: she raised the blaster rifle and lined up a shot. The wolf was coming in fast, kicking up snow beneath its paws. Tirsa stayed calm and cool, waiting for the right moment to fire.

Then she squeezed the trigger. A red blaster bolt impacted right where Tirsa wanted it. The winter wolf's head reeled back and then crumpled to the ground, sliding right in front of Tirsa .... dead.

Tirsa half sneered in triumph and then breathed a sigh of relief ::

"Whew ... that was close."

:: she turned to look at the others to see how they were doing. Dale seemed alright, a bit shaken up , but alright. The wolf in front of her was quite dead. Then her eyes widened as they fell on Sorsha.

Tirsa quickly got to her feet and moved as fast as she could in the snow. She discarded her blaster rifle and dropped to the ground, trying desperately to pry the jaw off of Sorsha's leg. Her arms strained with all her strength but the death grip on her lover's leg didn't relent ::

"DALE!!!"

:: she snapped her head around ::

"Snap outta it and help me!!!"

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 10th, 2001, 12:43:30 PM
She continued to stare in confusion at the wolf, trying to figure out what happened. Her hands were caked in iced blood, already the first stages of frost bite starting. Pain receptors within her body already were dull from the fight but in turn made her mind sluggish.

The sound of her name forced her to blink and think, wondering if indeed she actually heard it. Then the same voice, a desperate voice, sounded clearer and Dalethria turned to the source of it.

Tirsa? She was the one trying to get Dalethria's attention and the Nebari was hunched over something. A jolt of awareness hit Dalethria as the severity of the situation unfolded. Her ability to feel what she was doing was long gone as Dalethria ran clumsily towards her sister and Tirsa.

Her useless hands laid in her lap as Dalethria began to draw upon the Force. There was no pain to focus on but her anger was plentiful.

The upper jaw of the dead wolf was released from Sorsha's leg. It was bent backwards, cartilage snapping and crackling, trying to resist being pulled in a way it was never meant to do.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 10th, 2001, 12:50:55 PM
:: Sorsha lets out a hiss as she removes the skull from her thigh, teeth marks deep in her flesh as she slides away ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 10th, 2001, 02:02:43 PM
:: throws her pack down and quickly rummages through it and pulls out a blanket. Tirsa snatches Sorsha's knife, cuts two strips of cloth, and takes care of covering the wound. She already saw the affect that blood had on Dale's hands ::

"Get going back to the ship, Dale. I'm gonna get what we came for and then follow with Sorsha."

:: she replaced the knife where it belonged and then took Sorsha's sabre from her hand ::

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

:: with a grin, she ignited the sabre. It was kind of strange holding something that held no weight as she lined up the blade on the wolf's limb. In one motion, the front paw of the wolf was severed off and she quickly disengaged the weapon. She scooped up the paw, wrapped it in the blanket, and placed it in her pack.

She crawled back over to Sorsha and gave her the sabre back while slipping an arm underneath her shoulder. She helped Sorsha up and sighed seeing how far the ship was ... noticing that Dale was almost there ::

"It's not that far. Only about 100 feet."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 10th, 2001, 02:18:44 PM
:: Sorsha puts weight on her injured leg and limps forward ::

"It's fine, nothing's broken."

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 10th, 2001, 02:30:42 PM
:: smiles and helps Sorsha all the way to the ship and then heads to one of the cabins ::

"You can stay here and rest while I fly the ship back."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 10th, 2001, 02:55:30 PM
Dalethria sat in the pilot's chair, cursing at herself. She was trying to prepare the ship for flight but her fingers wouldn't cooperate. They would move enough to get to the controls but there wasn't any strength at all in flipping switches or pressing any buttons.

Frustration took over and she kicked the console in disgust.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 12th, 2001, 02:17:40 PM
:: Sorsha reaches out to Dale with the force ::

*** Dalethria. Come to me, my Sister. ***

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 12th, 2001, 03:09:53 PM
She turned her head to the side as she heard Sorsha inside her mind. Her eyes darted back to the controls and sighed. Not like Dalethria was going to get the ship going anytime soon. There was plenty of time left before they had to return to the Cave ... where Ogre was continuing to prepare for the ritual.

Slowly, Dalethria stood up and started making her way where she sensed her sister. Tirsa was heading towards her direction and stopped, looking at Dalethria's hands. It was the first time she had a good look at them. They were still caked in blood from the wolf's fangs that broke the skin. At least it wasn't so frozen but it was obvious by the light blue shade of her skin that Dalethria had some serious frost bite. Course since it was Dalethria ... she wouldn't do anything to help it so Tirsa smiled.

"Going to the cockpit now ... yeah."

She watched Tirsa pass her by and without saying anything continued down the hall until she reached the cabin that Sorsha was in. Pressing the panel, the door slid open and Dalethria entered and immediately looked to her sister. Sorsha's wound was dressed better then before.

Her eyes squinted together in pain as she unconsciously tried to move her fingers, "You wanted to see me?"

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 13th, 2001, 12:13:29 PM
:: jumped into the pilot's chair and rubbed her hands together. She began to scan the console ::

"Okay ... now where are the repulsorlift controls?"

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 13th, 2001, 02:24:40 PM
:: Sorsha reaches into her leather pouch and removes the Ankh talisman ::

"Take it."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 14th, 2001, 12:39:36 PM
She recognized the amulet immediately for it was used only last night on Tirsa, to heal her broken ribs.

Walking over to her sister, Dalethria took a seat on a nearby chair and held out a hand. She tried hard to take the string in which the talisman was held but it kept slipping through her fingers.

Her face became taut in anger and frustration, "I can't grasp anything."

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 15th, 2001, 02:34:13 PM
:: Sorsha reaches out and grasps Dale's hand. She closes her eyes and begins a strange chant as the Ankh begins to glow ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:12:20 PM
The touch of her sister's hands to hers was very painful. Dalethria thought they had long grown numb to the pain and from the cold but being inside the ship, in the heat, had changed that. She closed her eyes tightly as her fingers were pushed together against their will.

She didn't understand the strange words that Sorsha was chanting but slowly, feeling was coming back to her hands. It increased the pain ten fold and Dalethria hissed in pain as her arms began to shake ... trying to not move her hands.

As the pain increased it then slowly began to decrease. Torn muscles in her hands and fingers began to mend and skin started to closed up the wounds.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:29:34 PM
:: the glow fades as the damage to Dale's hands is healed, and Sorsha goes limp, still bleeding from the wound she suffered outside ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:47:47 PM
"Here they are!"

:: she keys in the sequence for the repulsors and then come to life. As the ship began to lift off the ground, Tirsa buckled in and prepared to fire up the engines ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 15th, 2001, 04:06:06 PM
The color of her hands returned back to normal but her eyes opened wide with concern as Sorsha fell back, weakened. Her eyes saw that the amount of blood that was soaking through the temporary dressing had grown larger.

She wanted to use the amulet but neither Sorsha or Ogre had ever shown her how to use it. Dalethria didn't know how to replicate the chant and she only remembered parts of what Sorsha had said.

Quickly, Dalethria left the room and returned with fresh bandages and bacta patches. She gently placed Sorsha's head on the pillow to make her more comfortable and then moved to the end of the bed, silently working to dress the wound properly ... cursing at herself for not being able to help her sister as much as Sorsha did for her.

Darth Ogre
Jul 16th, 2001, 08:10:59 PM
BACK AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE CAVE

The previous evening had come and gone and the huge green Sith was still in the same kneeling position he had been since the three had left. Crouched before his family’s axe, chanting away, as the arcane flames leapt into the air around him, completely encircling the circle that had been constructed. The torches continued to burn even though their flames could hardly be seen in the morning light.

His voice continued at a steady pace, its tone low though deep, the rhythm at s steady tempo, while the language couldn’t be understood by any that remained alive, except for Ogre himself, and possibly a few words here and there by his wife, whom had studied his native language some over the last couple months.

Dark Jedi Leia Solo
Jul 16th, 2001, 08:17:25 PM
** The couch in the main room wasn’t the most comfortable place for her to awaken, but it was what happened. She stretched and looked towards the open door of the cave and could see that Ogre was still in the same position he had been all of the previous evening and day.

She had fallen asleep here, as it was the one place she could see what was happening outside. She was getting curious as to when Dalethria, Sorsha, and Tirsa would return, even though from what she heard they still had over twelve hours remaining before their time would expire.

Her stomach told her that she needed food and she rose from the couch, leaning from side to side, loosening up a bit from sleeping in such a cramped place, then walked off to get her morning meal, as well as the ones for the remaining clones and Avagdu who trailed along at her feet.**

Avagdu
Jul 16th, 2001, 08:26:45 PM
:: he padded along on the heels of Leia. It was easy for his ears to pick up the hungry growl from Leia's stomach which also made his own need for food to grow. As she made her way into the pantry, the black wolf circled around her form expectantly and watched her prepare the morning meals ::

Dark Jedi Leia Solo
Jul 17th, 2001, 12:24:44 AM
**Avagdu was the first to receive his breakfast as he was hovering around her feet, obviously eager for his meal. She then went down to the lower levels of the cave, carrying the items for the remaining clones of Sorsha. Once the task was done, she returned to the couch on the upper level and stared out the door at the place where Ogre still remained.

Hours passed and lunch was served as well as dinner, and still Ogre chanted, the torches burned, and the green glow began to fill the darkening skies of early evening as it came, yet there was no sign of the trio, who had been sent by her Master to retrieve the items needed for the ritual. Leia began to worry as she continued to watch.**

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 17th, 2001, 12:19:30 PM
ON BOARD THE DAUNTLESS -

:: Sorsha's eyes flutter open again, her vision slowly clearing as she focuses on Dalethria ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 17th, 2001, 12:23:26 PM
They were already on their way back with Tirsa at the helm. Dalethria didn't want to leave her sister's side as she was recovering from not only the wound that Sorsha suffered, but from being drained when she used the amulet.

She saw that Sorsha was beginning to stir and leaned a bit closer towards the bed, "Hey ... how're you feeling?"

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 17th, 2001, 12:26:35 PM
:: hisses as she moves her leg ::

" ... alive."

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 17th, 2001, 12:42:45 PM
:: the ship had finally made it past the mountains. It wouldn't be that much longer before they finally mad it back to the Cave. The tall grasses on the ground gave way to the dense forest that separated the mountains and rolling hills.

Just in the distance, the darkness was starting to become illuminated by the flames that Ogre had ignited. They had returned well within the time allowed, thanks to having "The Dauntless" of course. It would only be a few more minutes before they would be home and finally, Ogre could begin the ritual ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 17th, 2001, 12:54:48 PM
She said and did nothing as Sorsha began to test her leg. Dalethria didn't wish to anger her sister like she did not too long ago (http://pub76.ezboard.com/fogrescavefrm6.showMessage?topicID=7.topic) when something similar happened under different circumstances.

Darth Ogre
Jul 17th, 2001, 01:29:49 PM
The green flames lapping at the night sky subsided, at the same time the rhythmic chanting of the Kashirian also ceased. Ogre’s mental link with his wife, told him they had returned and had returned within the correct timeframe, well within.

He rose from where he had been kneeling before his axe, which was planted handle first in the ground and was surrounded by four ceramic bowls. Turning to face their approach, he waited to see if they had been able to acquire all the items necessary. Of which he really had no doubt, else why would they be here now.

The time of the bonding of blood was almost nigh, and Ogre’s Deity Kashalla, would no doubt be pleased with what they had to offer, and grant them what they wished; to become a family of blood and not mere oaths.

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 18th, 2001, 11:28:44 PM
:: Ogre watched as his ship "The Dauntless" landed quite a bit away from the circle he created. Considering all the effort that was put into starting the ritual, Tirsa really didn't want to land the ship on top of him and snuff out the flames. The Nebari briefly wondered who would kill her first.

She laughed at herself and locked down the ship in the cockpit. Satisfied that Big Green wouldn't kill her because she moved anything out of place, she hopped out of the chair and went to collect their trophies ::

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:07:24 PM
:: Sorsha pulls herself up to a sitting postion, slowly testing her wounded leg as she sets her feet on the floor. She stands and slowly begins limping towards the door ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:26:33 PM
She continued to sit, watching Sorsha like a hawk. Dalethria made no motion to help her sister, waiting to stand until Sorsha made it to the door.

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:42:53 PM
:: waiting by the ramp, Tirsa adjusted the strap across her shoulder and was lost in thought. Now that they had the materials needed for the ritual, she wondered what the actual rite was. Ogre never mentioned anything more then what the tests were to be. She was beginning to worry.

She heard footsteps behind her and turned around, hiding her concerns and smiling in seeing Sorsha on her feet ::

"Feeling better?" :p

Dark Jedi Leia Solo
Jul 19th, 2001, 02:47:46 PM
”They made it!

**She said to herself silently as she rose from her seat and walked to the entrance of the cave, so that she could better see their approach. The roar of the engines, as well as not being able to hear Ogre’s chant any longer had informed her of that much.**

”I wonder if they were able to complete what was asked of them?

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 19th, 2001, 08:57:22 PM
:: limps past Tirsa without a word, then falters and falls down the ramp ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 19th, 2001, 09:19:32 PM
:: jumps off the side of the ramp and kneels down on the ground next to Sorsha. Tirsa turned her over and placed a hand across her forehead, pushing away the hair that fell over her lover's face. She was in no shape at all to make it back on her own ::

"Dammit ..."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 19th, 2001, 09:23:55 PM
She made her way down the ramp and sighed. Dalethria was furious at herself for being inept, "You're going to have to bring her then. Once we make it to Ogre, maybe he can do something to help."

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 19th, 2001, 09:52:47 PM
:: slipping a hand underneath Sorsha's legs and shoulders, Tirsa lifted her up into her arms. A funny memory (http://pub4.ezboard.com/fheavenspassionogrescave.showMessage?topicID=184.t opic) came forth and she had to laugh eventhough the situation this time wasn't even close to humorous.

She fell behind Dale, stealing a glance at Sorsha as she walked ::

"You're as stubborn as a Thernbee ..."

:: kissed her on the cheek ::

"... but I love you."

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 20th, 2001, 02:48:09 AM
As they approach Ogre holds a hand up and asks them not to enter the circle. “Do not step inside the circle yet. Sorsha will need her strength, as will all who are to participate.”

He can see the Sith healing talisman, and asks pointing at it. “That could be used to heal her, but I cannot step out of the circle and you cannot step inside until all but the clothes you each wear, a knife or dagger, and the components needed are shed from your persons.”

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 21st, 2001, 11:50:10 AM
:: The image of Ogre blurs in Sorsha's vision. She begins muttering in a strange tongue as a fever burns inside her ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 22nd, 2001, 02:27:49 PM
Dalethria watched Tirsa set Sorsha on the ground and could feel her sister's pain through the Force. She looked to Ogre desperately, "I don't know how to use the talisman otherwise I would have by now!"

She didn't realize that she was yelling or that her nails were digging into her palm in an unconscious gesture to punish herself for failing her family.

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 22nd, 2001, 05:06:56 PM
It was apparent that Sosrsha was in no condition to be put through the rigors of the ritual right now. They still had four hours to start it, before their time was expired and something had to be done to get her ready and able to go though what was to come.

Ogre could not leave the circle and they could not enter with any more than what was needed for the rites. Dale told him that she did not know how to use the talisman and he knew a way to fix that without having to leave the place of the incantation, but her doing so would leave her in a weakened state, one which could easily be rectified with some food and an adrenaline shot.

Ogre turned and looked to Leia standing in the doorway of the cave, his eyes closed and he bid her to prepare the medicine and something to eat and drink. He then turned back to Dale, his face showing a look of calming relaxation. No words needed to be spoken to her as their mental bond was as strong as ever and something that transcended the ritual, something that would not break any of the commandments Kashalla had set for this.

Ogre’s eyes slowly closed and he concentrated on what would be required of Dale to enact the spell to make the talisman do what it was designed for. The thoughts were crystal clear to her and simple enough to understand and act upon, as her lover’s mind was an open book for her to peruse and feed from.

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 22nd, 2001, 05:37:09 PM
"Frell!"

:: she mutters under her breath as she watches her lover deteriorate further. Tirsa forces herself to look away from Sorsha and looks to Ogre and Dale saying nothing. She never felt so useless before ::

Dark Jedi Leia Solo
Jul 22nd, 2001, 05:46:55 PM
**Hearing her Master’s instructions, she turned from the doorway and entered the cave again. He hadn’t told her what the medicine was for, nor the food, but from the looks of Sorsha, she figured it was for her.

She had to go down to the lab in the lower levels to retrieve the adrenaline, and then came back up to the upper level and began to prepare some foods as he had asked.**

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 23rd, 2001, 12:35:14 PM
Ogre's mind was like an open book to her but even more so this minute. The source of her husband's hopes, sorrows, dreams, and vast knowledge were accessible to her. There was one part of his mind that was trying to draw her closer. As Dalethria focused on that point, the image of the ankh talisman flashed in her mind. She already knew that was the object needed ... now she needed specifics.

Her eyes widened with success as the incantation streamed into her mind. The channeling part was easy ... any Sith that was properly trained could do that. It was repeating and knowing that incantation that was difficult and having the endurance to complete the task.

Dalethria returned to the here and now. Ogre could feel her relief and determination to heal their sister as she ran over to the fallen Sorsha. She was vaguely aware of Tirsa's frustration but Dalethria was too busy pulling out the talisman from Sorsha's pouch to say anything.

Cupping the object within her hands, she closed her eyes and pictured Sorsha in her mind. The ambient energy that was around her began to become drawn into her. The Force became corrupted with the Dark Side as hate and anger twisted the energy to serve her. Without realizing it, Dalethria was chanting the words that she had just learned softly. The amulet began to glow brightly. So much of her own strength was being tapped and channeled into the ankh which then flowed towards Sorsha. Dalethria could feel her body beginning to tire and sweat poured down her face. She refused to give into weariness and forced herself to draw upon the Dark Side until her sister was healed ...

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 24th, 2001, 12:59:56 PM
:: Sorsha's eyes snap open wide as the talisman's energies course through her, breaking her fevered dreams and healing her wounds. She sits up with a start, glancing around like a startled animal ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 24th, 2001, 01:16:34 PM
The talisman slipped through her fingers and landed on the ground. Sorsha looked confused, but she was alright. That was all that mattered to Dalethria before she slipped into unconsciousness ... her body completely strained from the energy expended.

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 24th, 2001, 01:33:53 PM
:: Tirsa smiled and relief washed over her as Sorsha awoke. She looked over to Dale with thanks in her eyes but she was passed out ::

"Great ... now you're fine and Dale is out cold."

Dark Jedi Leia Solo
Jul 24th, 2001, 03:57:23 PM
**She is quite surprised as she exits the cave with the food and meds. When she left Sorsha was the one down and out, but now that had changed and Dalethria was the one in that position, while Sorsha was up and looking as if there was never anything wrong with her.

She approached the group, looking to her master for instruction. His eyes lead her to Dalethria and she knew what must be done with the shot and the food she had prepared. She arrived and crouched beside Dalethria, setting the food tray down on the ground and pulling out he needleless administration device placing it over Dale’s heart.

A press of the button and the adrenaline was quickly in Dale’s bloodstream, via the most direct route possible. The injection would have immediate results, as Leia moved back some from beside her, expecting her to jump up rather abruptly.**

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 24th, 2001, 04:06:25 PM
He looked on silently as Dale read his thoughts and used the talisman perfectly. Just as desired, Sorsha’s wounds were healed and she was now in a state much better suited for what was to come, the ritual. But, as expected Dale was now without any stamina, though not physically injured.

He helped guide Leia as to what must be done and watched with anticipation as the medicine was given to his wife. He knew that what she was just given would revive her stamina and energy to some extent, but would only be short lived. She would still need to eat the foodstuffs prepared by Leia for that stamina to last.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 12:14:25 PM
Her thoughts were streaming into a collage of pictures that held much significance to Dalethria. While unconscious, memories of her old and new life were flashing before her eyes in a fluid dream ...

... then she awoke ... startled. Her heart was racing three times faster the normal. It was trying to beat its way out of her chest. Dalethria shut her eyes tightly and hugged her shoulders to try and stop her arms and hands from shaking. She couldn't stop her teeth from chattering as the effects of the adrenaline were taking their course. Minutes passed and Dalethria stayed curled up tightly, kneeling on the ground, until finally it stopped all at once. Awake but exhausted, she fell forward and just laid on the ground, trying to catch her breath.

Dark Jedi Leia Solo
Jul 25th, 2001, 05:31:29 PM
**She picked up the tray and moved closer to Dalethria again, reaching out her free hand to the Lordess’ to help her up.**

“Try and eat some of this. It will help a great deal.”

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 25th, 2001, 06:22:28 PM
:: rises to her feet and stretches. she stands next to Tirsa, watching over Dale as she recovers ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 06:36:14 PM
She picked her head up and spat out a piece of grass, "What the hell was that?!"

Dalethria batted Leia's hand away and sat up on her own power, not caring how long it took. She sat cross-legged on the ground and rubbed her face to try and regain her senses.

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 06:46:17 PM
His visage now carried a smile. He was pleased to see that everyone would soon be ready to partake in the rigorous ritual that they had planned. He still remained in the circle and remained silent, knowing that his pleasure was quite visible to his family, both outwardly and inwardly.

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 25th, 2001, 07:06:05 PM
- THREE HOURS LATER -

"Here ya go Big Guy."

:: Tirsa handed over the winter wolf claws and the container that held the snow to Ogre. She flashed a quick smile and returned to stand over by Sorsha and Dale. All three of them were in the center of the circle and only had one bladed dagger or knife as was requested by Ogre ::

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 25th, 2001, 07:21:09 PM
:: Sorsha stands in silence, waiting for Ogre to begin the ritual. All her life she had been alone. A foundling with no knowledge of where she came from. Finally, she would become of the same blood with the ones that she had grown to love. Soon she would have the family she always yearned for ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 07:56:34 PM
The affects of using the talisman were still apparent but she wasn't quite as pale as before. Dalethria was too excited about what was finally going to happen. After all the work the three of them had accomplished together ... they were all going to be a family. A real family.

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 07:59:20 PM
The four of then were kneeling at equal points around the axe at the center of the circle. Each of them had their own blade and a ceramic bowl in front of them. As they had moved into position, Ogre had dug a small hole out around the base of the axe. He started chanting in his native tongue once again as he knelt, sending mental instructions to the others as he did.

”Each of you will need to bleed for this, into the bowls in front of you. Use your blades and cut from your wrist to your elbow, with your unoccupied hand in the bowl. The blood will flow down your arm and hand, into the container. Once they each contain about a pint, pour them into the hole at the base of the axe, then toss in the components you have gathered. I will then add my own and you will each need to grab hold of the handle of my mystical weapon. It will hurt, but you must not let go until what happens next is done. It’s another test of worthiness.”

His chanting grew louder and louder and he stood from his kneeling position, grabbing the top of the handle of his axe, just below the blade. He waits for them to follow his instructions, as the green glow of the fire surrounding the circle shoots skyward again and forms a half sphere over the top of them, completely enclosing the circle.

His chant became almost thunderous in volume and the arcane flames produced no noticeable smell, their glow beginning to be drowned out by the light of the axe itself as it burst into the same eerie fire within Ogre’s hand.

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 25th, 2001, 08:26:39 PM
:: She bit her lower lip and looked down at the bowl and knife that was once sheathed in her boot. This was a ritual that was deeply seeded in evil ... course Ogre's god wanted blood.

Tirsa grabbed the end of her left black leather glove and pulled, having it come off inside out. She placed the glove by her side and her left hand in the bowl. Grabbing the knife, she put the point against her wrist and stopped. Never would Tirsa have ever thought she would be doing this but as she looked at everyone gathered here, there was no way she would turn back now.

Breaking the skin, Tirsa began to cut up the length of her arm, hissing through her teeth from the pain. Dark blue blood rose to the surface and she scooted forward so that it circled and ran down her arm, slowly collecting into the bowl ::

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 25th, 2001, 08:38:57 PM
:: Sorsha unsheaths her Kris and draws a deep cut as Ogre instructed, watching as her blood flows down her arm into the bowl ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 08:46:55 PM
Dalethria takes off her leather arm band and takes the crystal dagger in her hand. She followed suit, cutting a line from her wrist to her elbow and watched the blood flow down at a steady pace into her own bowl.

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 08:51:09 PM
The flame around the axe became so large that it completely engulfed Ogre’s entire arm, yet there was still no smell, no sound of burning flesh. Just an odd cackling noise the fire made as it lapped in the air and around the full blooded Kashirian at almost the center of the circle.

Dark Jedi Leia Solo
Jul 25th, 2001, 08:56:00 PM
**She had moved back to the entrance of the cave as the fire leapt up around the circle, once again. The flames weren’t so thick around it and she could see what was going on inside. Her eyes grew wide in astonishment as she saw them cutting themselves and letting their blood flow, as her Master became nothing more than a blinding green light at the center.**

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 25th, 2001, 09:03:25 PM
:: The bowl filled to the amount that was required and Tirsa laid the knife down on the ground. She didn't bother with covering her wound, since time has to be of the essence, and clasped the bowl with both hands. Standing up, Tirsa made her way to where the hole had been dug and poured her blood into it ... letting the dark blue blood cover the components.

Once it was emptied, she stepped back and waited for everyone else to do like wise ::

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 25th, 2001, 09:14:08 PM
:: watches Tirsa, then pours her blood to mingle with her lover's and steps away ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 09:18:26 PM
She steps up after her sister and pours her own blood into the hole. Red and blue blood mingle together and completely cover the claws and the snow that had long since melted. Dalethria placed the bowl on the ground and stepped back, looking at her husband expectantly.

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 09:24:33 PM
His chanting continues in its thunderous volume as he looks down at the pool of blood. He then steps forward, directly over the hole, pulling the axe up out of it. His chant ends abruptly for but a moment as he silently bring the blade of his family’s weapon across his chest in a diagonal pattern, his blood running down his body and into the hole quickly, sizzling as it mixes with that of the others and completely dissolving the components within the mixture. Ogre’s chant starts back up again, even louder than before, driven by the pain of his open wound, which is still dripping blood into the mixture.

The flames engulfing the axe raise enough so that each of them can see the handle of the weapon jutting out from underneath where Ogre’s is high upon it. His head turns and he looks at each of them as if saying, ‘NOW!’, while his chant goes on.

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 25th, 2001, 09:27:33 PM
:: Tirsa moves forward quickly and seizes the handle of the axe. Her hand began to burn, smoke rising up from her grasp. She cried out in pain not expecting it to be this painful and through sheer will alone, manages to stay standing ::

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 25th, 2001, 09:42:47 PM
:: Sorsha grabs the axe, giving a keening scream against her teeth as it sears her flesh ::

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 10:02:58 PM
Dalethria already knew how this was going to feel since she had once touched Ogre's axe by accident. It prepared her mentally but there was no way she could prepare for the pain. The pain was unbearable for anyone that did not have the blood of Ogre's family run through their veins. Now that will all change ...

She walked over towards her family, the sound of Tirsa and Sorsha's screams piercing her ears and Ogre watching her intently. Sucking in a deep breath, Dalethria reached out and took hold of the handle, immediately letting her own scream carry with the others.

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 10:22:48 PM
Ogre’s chant reached its crescendo after Sorsha, Dale, and Tirsa had been holding the handle of the axe for a couple of excruciatingly painful minutes. Those minutes quickly came to an end at what occurred next. Ogre ripped the axe from their grip, swinging the flat side of the blade down at the pool below.

The contents of the pool, splashed up, hitting all four of the circle’s occupants. It didn’t sting of the acidic content of Ogre’s blood as it seeped into their open wounds. The arcane flame surrounding the axe seemed to follow the blood and component mixture, searing the wounds closed once some of the mixture had made its way inside.

Ogre collapsed at the center of the circle, his wound no longer bleeding either, but his body covered with sweat and his muscles flexed and bulging from tension and exertion, the mental strain of the ritual had also been taxing physically, besides the obvious wound on his chest.

Supporting himself on his hands with the axe on the ground, he looked to the others and spoke, his voice sounding scraggly and almost gone.

“If the ritual has worked, you can now touch this with no pain, and your scars will heal. While mine however, will remain.”

He took his hand off his axe and traced the long scar that was diagonally across his chest, from shoulder to ribs.

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 25th, 2001, 11:08:30 PM
:: It was a symbol that would forever stay on Ogre for all of them to remember what happened this night. Tirsa swore mentally to herself that she would do all that she can to make her new ... family ... proud. Even thinking like that was amazing as she walked up towards Ogre and looked to the axe. One final step had to be done before she could call them family.

Reaching out with her wounded limb, Tirsa touched the axe ::

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 25th, 2001, 11:14:06 PM
He sat up some, from off his hands and back onto his knees, watching as Tirsa approached the axe, for the final rite of passage to the ritual. This one last task would prove whether or not Kashalla had seen them fit to become of Kashirian blood, though not only Kashiraian blood, but the bloodline of Ogre’s family.

The look on her face as she touched the axe made it quite obvious what the result was. There were no signs of pain as her bluish hand met the steel of the weapon. Something only those of Ogre’s blood could do.

Ogre nodded in approval, speaking to her. “I welcome you as a member of my family by blood Tirsa. You make me proud with what you have accomplished as well as chosen by your own free will.”

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 25th, 2001, 11:29:23 PM
:: she had a big smile on her face and her cheeks flushed. It meant so much that Sorsha's brother was proud of her and then she looked to her lover ::

"It worked!"

:: Tirsa let go of the axe and felt her heart pounding rapidly, waiting for Sorsha to complete the last task ::

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 26th, 2001, 11:50:14 AM
:: Sorsha reaches and to touch the axe, then wraps her fingers around the grip. Her eyes widen as she laughs. It no longer burned her to touch it ::

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 26th, 2001, 02:24:04 PM
The look of pride on his face grew tenfold as he watched Sorsha test the rites of passage. She too had been accepted by Kashalla and was now, after almost two years as brother and Sister of only a warrior bond, a true relative of Ogre. Their blood could now mingle together without any damaging effects to her body, because it was the same blood that ran in her veins.

“Congratulations on finally getting that which you desired so long ago. The oath we made was strong and true, but the bond between us now is pure and everlasting. We are family Sorsha, of more than just an oath.”

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 26th, 2001, 03:01:54 PM
:: Her eyes flash gold as she looks from Ogre to Dalethria ::

"It's your turn, Dalethria."

:: She grins in anticipation, her heart beating in her ears as the magick courses through her blood ::

"Touch it."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 26th, 2001, 08:41:28 PM
She was the last one. Deep inside Dalethria already knew they were all accepted ... now she just needed to prove it before all of them.

Stepping up next to Sorsha, Dalethria looked deeply into Ogre's eyes. This was everything that they both wanted and now it was literally within their grasps. Her eyes moved to the hilt and then grabbed the handle without hesitation.

A wide smile came across her face as the pain never came.

Ogre Mal Pannis
Jul 26th, 2001, 08:56:18 PM
It was complete and absolute and utter success. All that had participated in the ritual had been seen fit by Ogre’s deity and granted the blood of a Kashirain by the rites of the incantation and actions they had all preformed.

His wife, whom he first spoken of this ritual with a long time ago, in their discussions of being able to bear progeny, was the last to test the results. Seeing what happened next filled Ogre’s heart with so much pleasure it was almost overwhelming. Not only did he have Sorsha as his true sister of blood, he had Tirsa as well, along with the possibility of being able to pass on his genes to he and his wife’s children, should they decide to have any.

He was the picture of exhaustion, but it barely showed in his eyes, as they were alight with his pleasure and content. After all these years of being without a family, he had one, with a membership of four. It was hard to believe it had actually happened.

He finally was able to contain his elation enough to speak to his wife, about what had just happened. “We have done it Gem. We have become a family, all four of us. Truly an amazing feat, that none others could have accomplished. We are one!”

Tirsa Krylana
Jul 26th, 2001, 11:31:53 PM
:: rests her chin on Sorsha's shoulder, looking out towards Dale and Ogre with a big grin ::

"So ... now what?! Is there some post ritual thing we have to do?"

:: laughs and wraps her arms around her lover's waist ::

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 1st, 2001, 02:55:09 PM
:: laces her fingers with Tirsa's and turns to kiss her, then looks back at Ogre and Dalethria ::

"I think we should create a symbol."

Ogre Mal Pannis
Aug 2nd, 2001, 11:53:22 PM
“There isn’t any type of official post ceremony procedure or custom, its entirely up to us.”

It was rather obvious from his voice and upon his features, that the Sith Master, Ogre Mal Pannis, was all but completely drained of energy. He was only able to stay conscious because of the level of excitement, resulting from what had taken place. His head slowly turned to Sorsha as he heard her request, and he replied, trying to hide the weakness evident in his voice.

“I have a few ideas for just such a thing.”

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Aug 5th, 2001, 02:05:48 PM
She kneeled down beside Ogre with a concerned look on her face, "You need your rest first."

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 7th, 2001, 04:04:12 PM
:: moves to Ogre's other side ::

"Can you stand?"

Ogre Mal Pannis
Aug 7th, 2001, 06:01:46 PM
The dark of night was only broken by the light from the six torches around the circle, no longer did the arcane green flame enclose them in the place of the ritual. Ogre looked to Dale and then to Sorsha, not having wanted them to see his current weakness and having tried to hide it, but unsuccessfully. He raised one foot up underneath him, now sitting on a single knee and the one foot.

“Of course I can stand.”

The muscles in his leg tensed and bulged as he started to exert the power to rise. His leg began to shake as he started to lift from the ground, but he did not fall or use either of them for support as he made it to a standing position. He didn’t look all to steady either as he stood swaying, the color of his skin lighter than it usually was.

“Lets go on inside now.”

He started to take a step forward, but his knee buckled underneath him and he was now falling to the ground.

Tirsa Krylana
Aug 7th, 2001, 06:28:15 PM
:: watched Big Green turn a sickly pale green and then fall face first on the ground. Sorsha and Dale tried to stop or even slow his descent but unsurprisingly failed. She didn't run over to help because she rather not be a Nebari pancake ... at least not that way ::

"Ouch. I think walking on your own power isn't gonna happen there."

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 8th, 2001, 12:42:28 PM
:: Sorsha kneels down beside him and motions to the Leia clone ::

"Come and help him."

Dark Jedi Leia Solo
Aug 8th, 2001, 03:32:14 PM
**She watched as her creator went down, after having tried to stand. She was unsure if she should go help, having been asked to stay out of the circle earlier. Sorsha called to her for help and she nodded and moved quickly from her position by the door of the cave to the circle of the ritual, taking one of Ogre arms in her hands to help get him up.**

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Aug 8th, 2001, 06:18:40 PM
Dalethria slid a hand underneath her husband's damp hair and took his other arm within the free one. Still she was exhausted from today's activity and from the ritual. She was also revitalized from the energy created by the magicks Ogre performed.

She placed a kiss on his cheek and gently nuzzled his ear with her nose, "You know we are still going to need some help in getting you up."

Ogre Mal Pannis
Aug 8th, 2001, 06:28:10 PM
He looked up to the side at Dalethria, somewhat ashamed at being in such a position in front of his family. Lifting himself up some on his arms, he began to aid them in picking him up.

“I’ll do what I can, which is less than I thought I could.”

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 8th, 2001, 08:50:26 PM
:: walks along side of her brother ::

"Just take human steps like the rest of us and you'll be fine."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Aug 12th, 2001, 07:56:20 PM
On the other side of Ogre, Dalethria couldn't help but laugh to herself while helping her husband in silence to the Cave.