PDA

View Full Version : Rapture: Bloodlines

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 7th, 2001, 05:37:09 AM
The giant wrought iron gates of the Alssas Lorraine mansion did not look in the slightest bit inviting, and surprisingly the same aura was omitted from the guard dogs. As the black clad Knight leant up against the right hand guardhouse wall, his body cloaked by both darkness and the Force, he could hear the beasts barking and snarling at each other.

Drawing in silent shallow breath after silent shallow breath, he sent swirling mists into the night air as he exhaled, his body so cold that his eyes had begun to water slightly. By all means Figaro Favoura was not a planet known for is low temperature, however this eve there was a certain chill about the place that would send shudders through any mans bones.

Prepare the extra bed, brother, Vega mumbled to himself as he removed another cache of ammo from the pouch at his waist, loading the second of his 9mm Glocks. Placing the weapons into their holsters beneath his arms after doing so, he checked that Arrogance was in place. He would need to be sure of his weapons presence upon entering the manor.

CARPE JVGVLVM he whispered, stepping out to the side. As he did so the view of the immense house was revealed to him. Gigantic stone gargoyles adorned the rooftops; sculptures of battling beasts and creatures of all kinds littered the courtyard accompanied by the real, jet-black wolves that patrolled the perimeter of the grounds.

Starting to move forward across the gravel, Vega’s black leather trench coat fluttered up into the air, whipping against it, displacing it as he sped up to a run. As soon as his boots crushed against the icy gravel the pack was alerted. They leapt from a standing start into a full paced run, charging towards the Sith, fangs bared. Performing an intricate flip into the air and landing facing the oncoming defence team, Vega ignited Arrogance, casting a sudden deep yellow glow across the area. Four of the team carried on running, speeding around Vega to keep his back covered, as the remaining three became air born for a split second before swooping down upon the Knight.

The sabers blade cut across the skin of the canines with a hiss, the smell of burning fur immediately filling the nostrils of all present. One by one the pack of three attempted to claw away at this intruders body, but to no avail. Taking his weapon into one hand, a blaster in the other, he easily fended off the creatures with the glowing sword, whilst firing with the aid of the force back into the four behind who had decided it was time to join in.

Finishing off the three, Vega flipped backwards to land behind the four more defensive wolves, firing off immediately with the blaster. Each let of a howl of anguish as the bolts struck them, flooring them hastily. Spinning the blaster back into it’s holster at his waist, the wielder of the darkness turned to look up at the now unguarded wooden doorway, a manic grin upon his face.

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 7th, 2001, 05:50:55 AM
Disengaging the beam of his lightsaber, Vega approached the oak door with confidence, the smell of the fallen wolves blood heightening his belief in himself. It was a truth that his family had always believed in good manners, and Vega knew that if he was going to get anywhere with his kin then he would have to play along.

Good evening to you! he called out, his eyes directed towards the giant knocker upon the door. He rose his hand and rapped it against the wood three times.

Just by looking at the building you could tell it was a cliché malevolent castle. The gargoyles, the rabid guard dogs, Vega wouldn’t have been surprised if a servant named Egor was hired here.

“Yessss, marrrster?”

Averting his gaze from the arciture of the structure, Vega nodded to the newly appeared…thing who had opened the door.

I would like to gain entrance to the manor, good sir. I believe the Uberclan is holding its annual meeting, or so my invitation said.

The little man, as Vega decided to classify him, looked like a mishmash of different people, scars were at all his joints, his eyes didn’t seem to be level, his torso seemed to out weigh his limbs.

“Cerrrrtainly, marrrster. Could I pleassshe have ssshome identificassssion,”

Slipping away the sleeve on his left arm, Vega exposed his wrist to reveal a small circle in which was tattooed, or stamped, a brown dragon.

“Marrrster Morrrrt. You musssst hurry, yourrr family arrre wai-ting. Follow me.”

Exactly what Vega expected, be polite, show them the birthmark and bingo, you’re your own brother.

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 8th, 2001, 04:31:07 AM
A quiet tinkle of classical music played as the duo traversed the hallway, the only other sound to be heard – their boot falls. Admiring the décor as he walked, Vega noted the lavishness in which his family he re-furnished the mansion since he had been a resident.

Long gone were the elegant paintings of landscapes and such, as were the delicate pieces of art. Replacing the views of fields were the 6 foot by 4 foot blood red flags of the Uberclan, emblazoned with the snarling jet black wolves head which the elder family members liked to call the family symbol. CARPE JVGVLVM was still written below the beasts face in bold capitals – showing that some traditions never die.

Below the flags were the almost attractive suits of armour, each seemingly holding a different weapon to the one before it? Halberds, swords, pikes and spears, to name a few. The slate tiles which would have previously been beneath these metallic warriors feet had been removed and replaced with bright pearl coloured marble tiles which elegantly reflected the light of the chandelier back upwards to create an excellent atmospheric affect.

The whole place was cinematic cliché, Vega noted to himself as he passed the main stairwell to approach the doorway of the living room. As he had gotten closer and closer, the noise of the music within had grown, as had another noise. The muffled tone of a voice, voices infact as there was definitely more than one pitch and tone coming from behind the solid doors.

The manservant, or thing-servant – which ever you preferred to call it, pushed the door slightly ajar, causing Vega to step away from the line of sight that it now permitted.

“What is it Egor?” called out a feminine voice.

Frowning to himself, Vega shook his head. He was right.

“Maaaaa’am. Marrrrsters. I presssent to you…” he paused, and with un-attributed strength shoved both the doors fully open, sending the yellow light from the room onto Vega. Stepping into view, his black clothing looking surprisingly smart, he took a bow.

“… Marrrrster Morrrt Van-Derrrrveld.”

Mort Van Derveld
Aug 8th, 2001, 06:20:47 AM
Meanwhile, outside the main gates of the Alssas-Lorraine manor...

Freshly transformed into his demi-human, demi-wolf state, blood stains still upon his fangs from the obstacles he had to overcome to get to the castle itself, Mort looked excited - to say the least. He approached the courtyard on all fours, his blue baggy cotton pants looking very unfitting on the creature he was in this form.

Immediately the smell of death hit him like a brick wall. Dried blood, fried flesh and fur - all smells which rushed into his nostrils. The clouds of color representing the scents in the area were all of a deep grey, the color which blood seen by wolves.

"Brothers!" he snarled, halting as he saw the pile of corpses on the gravel a few yards ahead, a wide pool of grey liquid spreading outwards. Raising up to stand rigidly on two paws, as it where, Mort looked down upon the defeated lifeless beings, snorting.

Leaning back his head, he began to shift. Without hesitation or seemingly any effort, his canines withdrew to a more human like size - thought still a little too sharp. The dark blue-white fur shrunk down, leaving only the silvery hair upon his head. His paws spread outwards whilst at the same time shrinking, the claws retreating the leave disturbing looking thin hands.

Stepping over the corpses, his clothes fluttered violently in the wind, their large wolf size was not exactly suitable for Morts thin frame. He rapped his knuckles twice against the door, glancing down at his shredded and ripped shirt and waistcoat.
"Com-ing!" called a voice from within.

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 9th, 2001, 04:09:10 AM
Bowing regally to those present, Vega rose back to full height to look upon the elders of his family.

First and most easily noticed was his grandfather Caracci. A monster of a man who must have been at least 7 foot tall, his head bore flaming red hair to match his crimson skin. Attired always in a set of black dojo training clothes to give easy movement incase a fight struck up.

The second to be noticed was Laktani, Vega’s only grandmother. She was a beautiful woman for her age and it seemed that she had not changed in appearance from when she was around 20 or so. Dressing in elegant clothing was her style as she felt it gave her a more royal air, and it did.

Thirdly, Ziek. He was the favourite of Vegas as he had lived with him for sometime in this very house, teaching him the ways of various martial arts. He was a wizened old man with a very thin beard, which hung down almost to his waist.

Last, but of course not least, was Marco. Marco had been considered the head of the family for some time now. Not due to his physical strength, although Vega got the impression that if he wanted to Marco could have beaten any of the others up easily. It was Marco who held the brains of the family as it were. It was Marco who organized meetings, attacks, operations and the like. He was also the first to speak, turning from his position of staring into the fireplace to look Vega straight in the eyes.

“Vega,” he said quietly.

Mort Van Derveld
Aug 9th, 2001, 04:16:16 AM
The door swung open as the familiar face of Egor appeared, his distorted face lit up by a single candle.

“Can I help you sssssir?” he in his normal face twisting voice.

“Let me in. I must see my family,” Mort said, trying to push past Egor. Again, the short man showed a strength that many would not think of him having.

“No, ssssir. I can only let fah-mily memberrrrs in this eve.”

Growling in a very human way, Mort thrust his wrist towards the thing before him. It too showed the encircled twisted dragon.

“Eh-heh… Please, wait here for one mo-ment, ssssir. It sssseemss we have a problem.”

“There is no problem! I am Mort Van-Derveld, son of Diego, son of Caracci! You should recognise me! Let me in, you fool!” he snarled, pushing against the doors further.

“Mort, eh-heh… I do not think so. Pleassse leave the groundsss, sssir. You are not well-come here.”

And with that, the door slammed shut and a loud click of a lock was heard from behind it. Uttering a groan that soon rose into a growl then a roar, Mort beat both his fists against the door.

“LET ME IN!” Mort roared at the door, leaning back to kick at it solidly with one foot. His fists still resting against the wood he stopped and slid down to door to kneel on the doorstep, heaving a heavy sigh. He was not built for physically activity in this form – it wore him out too quickly.

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 9th, 2001, 05:52:54 AM
Stepping forward quickly, Vega drew from beneath his trench coat his silver-bullet loaded 9mm Glock and pointed it at the mirror above the hearth.

I hope you don’t mind me coming to visit, only I heard there was some sort of meeting, he said, turning to look across the assembled Van-Dervelds.

The fire roared brightly as Vega commanded it with the force, various items around the room shaking violently from side to side. A vase toppled from its position on a dresser to hit the floor with a crack and tinkle of broken china.

“Not at all,” Laktani said in the midst of a laugh.

Turning to face his grandmother, the Sith Knight leant his head back with a sneer, aiming the gun at her midsection. Without hesitation or time for protest from the others, he squeezed his finger down on the trigger, raising its aim at the last second to send the bullet penetrating into her skull. She wailed and toppled forward out of her chair to land in front of the fireplace. As the effect of the metal kicked in her eyes rolled back into her head, he body shuddering for one last time before she became still suddenly.

I think you all know what’s coming next, and I advise that you do not even try to stop me or I shall make it even more painful for you, hissed Vega, his words tainted with venom.

A sadistic smile crossed his lips as he noticed Caracci’s reaction to this warning shot, as it were. The giant had lurched forward for a second before realising that another bullet could easily be fired before he reached his grandson. He may have been a fast werewolf, but he could not match force speed.

Who wants to go next? he sneered, slightly surprised that not one of the others had made an attack on him, How about…

Jerking to line of sight to the right he fired twice, sending the two slugs into Ziek’s gut.

…you?

Mort Van Derveld
Aug 9th, 2001, 06:04:30 AM
It was no use. He couldn’t get in through the door. He should have known that before. Gunshots from within ruptured the silence. Startled, Mort jumped backwards, reflexively scanning the area for gunmen, snipers or the sort. A shadow appeared out of the corner of his eye. Spinning round sharply, he came face to face with…

…Nothing. Growling to himself he began to run from the front door towards the side of the house, his body slowly changing as he did. First his tail whipped out through the hole already in his trousers, then the rest of his body followed, leaving him running on all fours. His paws crushed the dew-tainted grass as he leapt over the wall into the garden, the trellis a short run away.

“Fool. Does he think he can keep me out?” he grumbled, skidding to a halt in the mud below to start of the iron trellis, which ran from the base of the back wall all the way to the third floor.

Uncomfortable scratching at the wall to pull himself up onto two feet, the blue-furred wolf latched his claws onto the first diamond of open metal and heaved his body upwards. Once he had a good hold with his front paws he began working upwards, his back paws following as he traversed the wall with cat-like ease.

Entering the house would be easy, although he would have to break a few things – not at all unusual. The plan would be to scale the wall up to the first entrance, which would be the third floor master bedroom window. He could then simply track the sounds and scents of his family until he found them. Easy enough.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 10th, 2001, 04:27:09 AM
*Looking down into the courtyard, MnT gazed over the huge house... That Vega had actually ever lived in a place like this both surprised him, yet didn't.. It was very regal looking, yet with a not-so-underlying sinister quality.. *

*He had been meditating in his room at TSE, when he'd felt a rather disturbing sensation.. It seemed as though he'd had a preminition about Vega, something bad.. From what he'd felt, it seemed Vega had lost his mind, and had become.... cannibalistic or some such thing..*

*As he watched the house from the branch he was balanced on, he felt his friend's prescence, just outside of the house.. He took a quick leap from tree-top to roof-top, and silently ran along the shingled surface..*

*Hopping back down to the ground, MnT caught sight of the man he had sensed.. It was not Vega, but perhaps a relative, the auras were fairly similar..*

*Suddenly, however, the sound of gunfire opened up from within the house, and MnT sensed the man turning backwards, to where he would be seen.*

*Naturally, he did not wish to be seen by any who would not know him, and quickly dissapeared, using a quick rift to move to the roof above undetected..*

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 04:38:04 AM
The look in Zieks eyes was one of horror and suprise at the fact that the boy whom he loved so dearly had just shot him. As he tumbled to the floor in a similiar way to Laktani, he heaved out his last breath, uttering Vega's name silently.

That leaves only the three of us now, Vega said, and by this, Vega meant himself, Marco and Caracci.

"Tsut'charak!" growled Caracci.

Not understanding the native language which Caracci spoke, the Sith Knight canted his head to one side, pleased by Marco's reaction to the words.

"No, you fool!" he spluttered, grabbing Caracci's shoulder. The crimson beast simply shoved Marco backwards, sending him crashing into the armchair which Laktani had once sat in.

"Tsut'charak!" he yelled, lunging forward towards Vega at a speed which made him nothing more than a red blur.

Drawing back away from his grandfather, he shot once. The bullet was some how deflected and shot into the floor. Again he shot, this time more frantically, and again, the shot was repelled.

Frell, cursed Vega, throwing the glock to the side, fumbling inside of his trenchcoat for another one of the weapons he had stashed in there.

"Nac!" roared Caracci as he swooped down on Vega, tackling him to the ground. Underneath the mans weight breathing was hard immeadiately. He must have massed up to at least Vega's weight alone, plus more.

Rasping some more of the foreign language, the manic Van-Derveld leant his head back and roared loudly, his canines showing fully, dripping with saliva.

Nyrrrah!

Kicking into the air with both legs, the darkside aided in sending Caracci thudding into Marco, knocking the breath out of the later. Quickly removing his BlasTech blaster from it's holder at his waist, Vega began to fire at both of his kin wildly.

In a flash of light, suddenly, there was only one. Looking around frantically, whilst in his mind searching for Caracci's presence with the force, Vega strained physically to locate the man.

That was the moment when it all went black.

Mort Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 04:43:50 AM
Bounding up from foot hold to foot hold, over and over Mort made quick progress up the wall, reaching the third floor within ten minutes or less.

From his hanging position he could see the large stained glass window, illuminated by what he assumed was a candle. Not only could he see this, but his eyes also insisted on looking down at the drop below. Leg-breakingly long.

Picking up a little momentum by swinging himself back and forth for a second or two, Mort leapt from his relatively safe position to latch onto the stone sill on the outside of the window. His claws scraped with a nails on blackboard like sound as he pulled himself up onto the slim platform only to fall backwards through the window onto the plush carpet of the bedroom.

"I a-im sssmarrrterr than most th-ink I a-im, Ssssirr." laughed Egor, looking down at Mort from a few steps away.

Immeadiately scrambling up to his feet, Mort growled, his teeth showing fully.

"You do not scccarre me, Ssssir."

That was the moment when it all went black.

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 05:04:47 AM
With the power and weight that the man possesed it was easy for him to knock Vega out. Simply dropping upon him from above to smash his body down against the hard wood floor had sent the Sith Knight into a state of being unconscious.

Now, in his mind, it was time to pass on the family trait to the only member who had ever had the strength to match up to his own. Vega.

"Brother! Stop! This is insane!" whailed Marco from his chair, rising up to move towards Caracci and the limp body of Vega quickly.

Responding again in his own little language, he simply carried on with what he was going to door. Shifting the body so that it lay on its front, he grasped it by the shoulders and pulled it upwards.

"Don't make me kill you, Caracci.. I'll do it, I swear I will."

Eyes closed, blonde hair tumbling back away from his face, Vega's skin already looked pale, his arms hanging limply infront of his body. It appeared as though he was in suspended animation.

Marco, frantically trying to find someway to stop Caracci, lunged at him with a punch. With amazing speed, he grabbed the punch and an eerie crunch was heard as he squeezed down upon the family heads hand.

First the first time, he spoke in basic language.

"What is to be done must be done. There is no stopping it. Time moves on."

With an unexplainable hiss Caracci shifted in the blink of an eye to become the largest wolf one could ever see - his size not unlike that of the force hunting wolves which Vega had previously come in contact with on his 'trip' to Myrkr.

Marco fell to the ground, his eyes widening as he looked towards the wolven Caracci, knowing the beast was more powerful than any attack Marco could. Pulling himself up to his feet, clasping his broken hand in his other, he stumbled back towards his chair, shaking.

"Once a Van-Derveld, always a Van-Derveld" came a voice booming from the canines throat. With that, he re-grasped Vega as heaved him up into a kneeling position, the silent Knights head bobbing in the movement. Bringing his head down swiftly, he spread wide his jaws, the drool dripping down from them as he plunged his elogated canines into the back of his grandsons neck, just above the spine.

Holding this position for a moment, he withdrew them only when satisfied but was not given time to savour his work as upon turning to look upon Marco, found a jagged silver dagger plunged into his chest.

"Rest in peace, brother," sighed Marco, cringing as the collosal man fell like a great tree, his body thudding against the wooden floor with an emmense tremor.

Turning to survey the situation now in panic, the only remaining elder of the Van-Dervelds family shivered visibly. The room was full of the lifeless bodies of his kinsmen, he could not stand to look anymore. Dropping the murder weapon to the ground, he dashed for the doors, rushing down the main corridor leaving footprints of blood behind him as he tripped and stumbled, trying to get to the front door as quick as possible.

Reaching it, his eyes stinging, he barged into the doors, swinging them both violently open, dissapearing into the dark night in fear that he would be chased by the one whom Caracci had just created.

Mort Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 05:11:14 AM
Something large and wooden smashed into Mort's face, causing him to jump slightly, his eyes flicking open instantly. Where was he? What had just happened. He remembered climbing the wall. Entering the room. Falling to the floor. Egor. Then nothing.

The wooden thing that had hit him? Turning to look at it, it looked to Mort just like the front door of the manor. How did he get out here? And why was there two people running off in the distance. Infact why was there one person running, with another limping in a disturbing fashion as fast as he could behind him.

Standing up, his body aching for a moment, he shifted himself through the slushing mud, one foot dragging behind the other as he stepped into the Alssas-Lorraine mansion. Prints of boots running toward Mort lined the floor with smaller more distorted ones. Something bad had happened. Something very bad.

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 05:26:31 AM
At the same time - ten minutes after the death of Caracci, outside of the living room...

In the corner of the hallway an unfamiliar body lay. Eyes fluttering, limbs moving as if in a dream, it rose in a nonchalant way. The shade which the stair case provided masked its presence from any onlookers who were not force-adept. It moved forward, one step. Another, unsurely. Looking for something to give it identification of where it was.

Before it, at its feet, oblong shaped patches of blood trailed away from the living room. Had it done this? It didn't remember. Nothing seemed very clear in the hazy mess of its mind.

It felt cold. It looked down at itself. It's clothes were ripped in parts, tattered. It remembered weapons. They were still there, beneath its arms and on it's waist, their sheaths barely holding.

Lazily, it leant against the slightly open door of the living room and pushed with some of its strength. Swinging fully open quickly, the door removed itself as a place to lean on for the figure, causing it to stumble forward. It groaned something incoherently, straining to remove the wrecked leather trenchcoat that was more of a hinderance than a help.

Bare chested, it looked down at itself once again, edging forward, the bodies of familiar people now coming into view. It could now smell their blood in the air, tainting it with a scent which stimulated its senses.

It's line of vision shifted upwards slowly, the hearth, the fireplace, the mantle piece, the base of the mirror, the mirror, itself.

Looking into its own eyes it was dummed. Standing still, simply scanning over it's own features. It was positive that this was not what it had looked like before it had been 'asleep'.

It's mouth dropped open, and then it caught a glimpse of what started its rather ungraceful display of rage. It's canines were an inch long.

In it's mind and image flashed, an image which it knew as itself. Short whispy blonde hair, azure eyes, light skin, firm build. This was not what it was seeing now.

Lashing out at the mirror, Vega thrust his fist against the glass, splintering it as if a bullet shot had hit it. His rage was then aimed at the armchair by the fire which he snatched up and threw against the wall opposite, cracking the wood into multiple pieces.

Kicking, punching, throwing, wrecking, he growled, taking out his anger on each and every thing he could get a hold of. Eventually, after building up within his throat for some time, it escaped. A cry of torment, anger and fear all it in one. A call which echoed through the whole of the house over and over, fading slowly to leave ... silence.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 10th, 2001, 05:39:22 AM
*The sound of Vega's scream was perfectally audible even from outside, and only helped to further strengthen MnT's need to get inside.. The other had already gone inside, and the Sith Knight had been tracking his movement through the house.. However, that was now unimportant..*

*He somersaulted forwards, right off the edge of the roof, dropping and landing silently.. Without wasting a moment, he turned and dashed towards the large wooden doors.. Normally he would've knocked, but the circumstances didn't seem favorable for the use of politeness..*

*A quick force push ripped the doors from their hinges, smashing them flat against the wall across from the doorway.. Upon entering, MnT looked both ways, gaining no insight as to which way to go, and called out..*

<font size="+4">VEGA!!</font>

Mort Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 05:55:40 AM
Running as fast as he could in his semi-dazed and unsure state down the hallway, he watched as a figure entered the living room. Moments later, smashing and breaking was heard, followed by an unearthly shout.

From behind he heard another call. Stopping to spin and look back down to the front door he saw what he assumed was a Sith. He did not like Sith, nor did Sith like him - due to this, he turned and carried on running towards the living room.

Bursting through the now half shut doors of the living room, Mort crashed in on the death and destruction party that Vega was holding, his eyes widening as he looked upon the man that was his brother.

"What.. what have you done?!" Mort yelled, throwing his arms in the air, his human form not very effective for this type of gesture, "You killed them all!"

A low snarl could be heard. That, excepting the sound of his own heart stopping, would be the last thing that Mort heard. Whipping around, causing his air to lash into the air, Vega leapt at Mort, driving him into the wall by the doorway. The wall cracked beneath the pressure as Mort looked up, wide eyed at Vega.

"This is the end for you. I hope you enjoyed you pitiful life, brother," Vega said calmly, his hand reaching for the blaster at his waist. It was no there, all that was present was a dagger which he had be given upon promotion to the rank of Knight from his master. It would do.

Watching as his brother raised the blade into the air, Mort could not move, nor make a sound. He felt paralysed, his life flickering briefly before his eyes as the snaking metal drove down into his heart.

"Long live the Van-Dervelds!" shouted Vega, stepping away from Mort to allow his body to fall with a thud to the ground.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 10th, 2001, 06:13:07 AM
*Upon hearing the sound of his friend's voice, MnT turned and dashed off in the direction it had come from.. As he neared, he saw that the doors to the upcoming room sat open at a wrong angle, and his bad feeling only grew stronger and stronger as the scene that lay inside opened further and further to his vision.. *

*Blood was everywhere, from numerous people, and what seemed to be a wolf that made vornskr look like ants... As he fully turned into the room, Vega was standing with a blade in his hand, covered in blood, with a corpse on the floor in front of him still convulsing from nervous twitches..*

... Vega..?

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 06:17:37 AM
The voice did not register in his mind for a moment or two as he was mesmerized by the body of his brother upon the floor. It had felt amazingly forfilling to take away his life, yet Vega did not know why.

Yes? he said in his usual tone of voice, his head turning very slowly to look at the one who had spoken.

It was a comrade of his, Miryan no Trunks - a Sith Knight like himself. His mind rushed full of memories of the Sith, his master, his apprentices, his alive family. Swallowing down hard as if a lump was in his throat, he glanced away before looking back at Miryan.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 10th, 2001, 06:23:48 AM
*He could not help but look around at the gore... It was nothing he'd not seen before, but it wasn't the violence of the scene that got to him.. Each body had a faint "ghost" of life-energy still permeating around it, as all corpses did for a short time after dying, and each were similar enough to Vega's own, to make it obvious whose family it was..*

... Vega.. What has happened here..?

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 06:27:55 AM
They...

For the first, with a clear mind, Vega looked around at his fallen family. Laktani sprawled by the fireplace. Ziek in a crumpled heap by the dresser. Mort propped against the wall. Caracci lying as if a center piece in the middle of the room. Around the bodies was glass, blood, smashed furniture and debri.

I... only killed three, he murmured.

Looking down at the blood stained dagger in his hand, he pondered in silence for a moment, unsure of what to do or say.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 10th, 2001, 06:41:34 AM
*MnT considered stepping forwards, walking over to his friend, but even as he thought it, he knew far better than to do so.. It was obvious that Vega wasn't in the best of mental conditions right then, and any motion towards him might have made him snap..*

*Rethinking what he was seeing for a moment, something had just struck him as odd... Yes, each of the human bodies littered around the room had the Van-Derveld prescence, but thinking about it, so did the wolf-beast..*

... If you only killed 3, then one is still unaccounted for.. And... if I might assume, that would be the wolf..?

*Looking back up at Vega, MnT had to fully think out how he would phrase things.. He didn't want to sound like he thought his friend was crazy, for if he Wasn't, that would lead to a rather unpleasent situation..*

... Might someone else have killed the last one? Someone not here right now..?

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 06:48:24 AM
Looking over at the wolf being upon the floor once again, Vega nodded. He identified it as his grand father Caracci simply from the burning red fur.

There's one missing...

He pointed out each of the corpses in the room. Four corpses. Four out of five.

I didn't kill the wolf, he said blankly, staring at the emmense still body.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 10th, 2001, 07:04:51 AM
*For the moment, MnT decided, he would definately stay there.. From the empty tone in his voice, and the slow, almost clumsy actions, it was obvious Vega was on the edge of sanity.. All he could do would be to try to talk his friend back into his senses..*

... Would you like to go find the missing party..? If you'd like, I can accompany you..

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 07:08:25 AM
I can kill him another time.

Edging his hand upwards, he slotted the small dagger into its scabbard and gave himself a comforting nod. Was Miryan oblivious to the fact that Vega appeared different? Vega wondered whether or not he had simply been imagining this new appearance.

... What's happening now? he said, glancing over at the shattered mirror.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 10th, 2001, 07:15:28 AM
.. What's happening..?

*He was taken back for half a moment, not so much by the question, but instead at what he had just seen.. As Vega had turned towards the mirror and spoken, light reflecting off one of the toppled shards had shone towards his friend's mouth, revealing what appeared to be a fang.. He could not tell, as the glimpse had been brief, but it very much looked as if his canines had been elongated..*

... I.. Well, I supposse it depends on what you wish to do.. If you'd like me to leave, I will, but I would prefer to perhaps stick around a little longer.. You see, before I left TSE, I had a bad premonition..

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 07:19:55 AM
Bad... this whole house is cursed.

The flames in the fire flickered from side to side, dancing as a gust of wind swept down the chimney. The force signatures of his family were almost fully faded, he had done what he wanted.

Let's go.

Stepping forward, he walked around MnT, pushing open one of the living room doors. Walking a few paces down the hallway, he paused to look up at the large flag on the wall.

Help me get this down? he called to MnT - who had still not emerged from the living room.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 10th, 2001, 07:23:00 AM
*Stepping out just a moment after Vega had called, MnT nodded, and walked over, making sure to move as calmy, yet casually as possible.. Reaching the flag, he followed his friend's example in retrieving it from the wall, and bringing it down..*

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 10th, 2001, 07:27:45 AM
Taking the large red flag in his hands, the Sith rolled in into as small a cylinder as he could manage, then put it beneath his arm and carried on walking.

Maybe someone will find them and bury them, he said, leading the way down the corridor, limping slighlty.

.. or eat them.

The rain outside thrashed against the marble floor way, wind swirling and howling through the open crack in the front doors. Trudging along the corridor in silence, the two Sith finally exitted the house into the night - loot under arms, corpses left behind in the true style of their 'job'.

Stopping in his tracks, Vega turned to look at his friend.

I don't know how I got here.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 13th, 2001, 03:49:36 AM
*As he stepped through the large doors, MnT could help but smile.. The storm raging outside was nice.. It was rare to witness wind and rain of such a magnitude.. however, his focus quickly strayed when he heard Vega speaking again.. What he said though, didn't make much sense to him...*

... You don't remember..? That Is strange.. Where's the first place you remember being since you got here..? If you wish, maybe we could go there, and see if there's any clues as to how you arrived..?

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 13th, 2001, 03:53:46 AM
The thought of going over the house for clues of Vegas arrival passed through his mind very briefly. The idea was one which the Sith considered would result in meeting up with "Egor" once again. Against the two Sith the midget wouldn't be able to do much, but if he disabled one there was a possiblity he could get both out cold - then they would probably wake up with no ears, or something stupid like that.

Let's go back to TSE... I'm supposed to be going out for a meal with Gitane and the twins.

His words sounded very strange in the current situation. It was as though he had just clouded over the last half an hours events in his mind as he didn't like the look of them.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 13th, 2001, 03:59:29 AM
*The words Vega spoke indeed sounded strange, but given the cirucumstances, and how he had been acting, it was only more proof that the Sith Knight was in complete shock, and most likely psychological denial..*

... I don't imagine you'd know where a vehicle is, as you said you don't remember how you got here.. Would you be adverse to going via a dimensional rift..?

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 13th, 2001, 04:01:59 AM
Sometimes in life there are points when a person has to simply assume they know what another person is talking about. This was one of those times. Vega had heard about these rifts that MnT spoke of, although had never experienced moving through one.

Sounds fun.

He managed a small laugh and trademark eyebrow waggle.

Miryan no Trunks
Aug 13th, 2001, 04:19:18 AM
*Smiling, MnT nodded softly.. It was the first show of emotion he'd seen from Vega since finding him here, and it was a welcome one..*

... I consider them fun, yes.. Hold on..

*MnT closed his eyes, and a psychic "bubble" suddenly formed around Vega and himself. A moment passed, and Vega couldn't help but wonder if anything was actually going to happen. As he waited though, he found himself straining to see properly. It was almost as if he was becoming far-sighted on the spot.. Everything in the distance was fine, but MnT was becoming fuzzy to his sight. Suddenly, all the color and shading that made up MnT changed into grey, clothing, hair, and body all melding into a single long form. Then, when the form began to go transparant, fading from sight, Vega could see no more.*

*For a single moment, Vega felt as if he was a part of every single thing in existance, yet a part of absolutely nothing. As if the entire universe was little more than a concept in someone's mind, cast aside with no importance.. So much information and existance trying to be one with him all at once. *

*Suddenly though, a sound like a rush of wind took grasp of his senses, and his "mind" felt a tugging sensation, as his body tried to pull him into the crossroads between dimensions, the physical details of his shell having already been transferred, they were now awaiting his soul to enter.*

*A moment passed, and he opened his eyes.. He was standing beside MnT, in the middle of a small cavernous room, lit by a single blue light that they seemed to be standing in the middle of.. As he looked on, taking in what he could, MnT spoke once more.*

... Hold on, we're going to TSE now..

*As the words registered, MnT began to fade again..*