PDA

View Full Version : <Fallen> Broken Wings and Healing Shadows [closed]

Gitane Blesse
Aug 13th, 2001, 02:53:25 PM
OOC - Too save a great deal of confussion, among other things, the first part of this RP has already been planned and shall simply be written by one person.

IC - --Gitane walked absently along a rather barren street, sighing out of boredom. She pushed a strand of hair from her face and paused to look at the sky. Leaning against a wall near a corner, she yawned.

There was a small pinch felt on Gitane's arm and she spun around the corner, only to be shoved against a wall. Gitane groaned as she realised what had happened, dropping into darkness slowly.

Hours later, she finally managed to pull herself back into consciousness. Battered droids were skittering around, toying with machinery; Several tall beings, Massassi she guessed, loomed in various areas as guards. She could feel restraints against her arms and legs, among other areas, keeping her firmly on a table. She could only guess what was happening.

Two new Massassi entered her line of view, holding a jerking girl with dark hair. The face was familiar; She'd seen a wanted poster or two along the streets. A short man followed them, jestering for the Massassi to restrain the girl in the same way as Gitane was. Gitane bit against her lip as she stared at the man, watching him lok over a datapad of notes before looking at the two females.

"I see you've awoken, Miss. I'd welcome you, but I don't believe you'll be staying for long. At least, not in that form. You've been randomly selected to part-take in a it of an experiment. We're testing to see if it is possible to transplant two living being's life forces.. essences.. into one another."

He leaned down and began to tinker with a few controls, grinning manaicly. Gitane felt various probs and sparks of energy against her body before she slowly dropped again into sleep; her body becoming cold with lifelessness.--

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 13th, 2001, 03:42:04 PM
Kerri split her eyes open slowly, peering around. Her body was sprawled ackwardly on the dusty ground of an alley. She couldn't recall what happened; simply that something was different.. There was a comlink under her hand and she blinked, wondering how it had gotten there, let alone where 'there' was. She slowly pushed herself onto her feet. Her mind was groggy, clouded, as she pushed her way onto the open street. She absently pushed a lock of black bangs from her face before pausing with a hint of confusion. Black..?

A bleeping came from the Comlink in her hand and she looked at it, flicking it open to view the screen. Another bolt of confusion hit her mind as she stared at the words on the screen.

***Message Sent to: Vega Van-Derveld

Who had sent a message..? And why did the name seem so familiar?

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 13th, 2001, 03:51:01 PM
Sewing was not something Sith did, therefore when Vega ripped his clothes, he did not fix them. He simply stole another set - and this set was particularly good. Freshly swiped from the leathershop, the trenchcoat and undershirt were of excellent quality. Pulling the shirt on over his head, he hung the coat on the back of the training room door in 'Ares.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

The tiny sound emitter on the comm. pad on the wall gave off a quiet beep which could just be heard in silence. Walking slowly over to the panel whilst at the same time drying himself off, Vega pushed the small button to play the message.

Message received: Need... need some.. help, Vega..

Cutting off in midsentence with the interupption of static noise, the unfamiliar voice sounded in deep urgent need of assistance. Vega would infact not have given help to just anyone anyway, especially strangers. This persons voice was one he had not heard before, yet they seemed to know of him.

Maybe I should go check it out, he mumbled, tapping a few of the buttons to send a reply.

///Message sending - voice message: "What does a stranger like you want with a psychopathic killing machine like me?"

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 13th, 2001, 04:07:56 PM
The girl blinked as she again hit open the comm-link, letting the message play. She leaned her elbow on the counter of a bar she'd ducked into, half listening as the message started. Her eyes widened at the familiarity of the voice.

"Deja-bleeding-vu..."

She took in a drink of the whiskey mixture she'd requested before hitting the pad to replay the message before opening her mouth to reply, words she'd not planned pouring out of her mouth. They were things she'd never think she'd speak, but there was a sense of familiarity in them.

"Vega.. I don't know what's happening... Something went on.. Help. I know it's not Sith-like.. But I need your help. As a love, and a master."

She took in a deep breath, pausing slowly before letting the message send.

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 04:34:41 AM
It seemed the person behind the voice was someone Vega knew very well. Her voice may have not been the same, but her words told Vega that is was infact Gitane. Hesistating for a moment, unsure whether it was a trick, Vega eventually replied.

///Message sending - voice message: "You know I can't help you if I don't know where you are".

Picking out Arrogance from the weapons rack on the wall he clipped the cylinder to his belt, strapping one of his Sith Daggers firmly in place on his waist at the same time. If this was infact Gitane there must have been some rather unpleasant events have gone on to leave her with a completely different way of speaking.

Walking in a determined way, Vega scooped up a small mobile compad and placed it into a secure pouch strapped to his waist, waiting for the reply message to arrive as he made his way out onto the porch of his home.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 06:37:56 AM
The woman let her head fall against the bar counter. She couldn't believe the things she was hearing.. From either herself or the man. That man... Vega.. His existence seemed the only thing to make sense right now. She paused a long moment, staring at the tattered counter before whispering to the commlink in reply.

"Vega.. ...Amorris.. I don't know what town.. ... Everything's off now... Different.."

She paused in thought before nodding a bit to herself and letting the message send.

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:01:02 AM
Replying was pretty much pointless so Vega continued down the porch towards the landing pad in the not so far away distance. He could see Red Dwarf, a Coreillian gunship, docked. Picking up speed to approach the ship, the Sith Knight clambered up into the ship, jogging to the cockpit.

Taking the pilots seat whilst at the same time jamming in the co-ordinates for Amorris, Vega set the ship onto autopilot, clunking his seatbelt into place.

The dark warrior held the small data pad a a visible distance as he walked, reading through the information if provided on this planet.

"Amorris, in the system of the same name, was the planet to which Lando Calrissian sent ship thief Niles Ferrier after persuading him not to steal any ships from Sluis Van. Calrissian told Ferrier that the Cavrilhu pirate gang was using Amorris as a base."

It didn't seem like a nice place at all what with the pirate gang, not that it bothered Vega. The people on the particular street didn't seem to notice the Sith Knight and some even bumped into in, not at all intimidated by his appearance.

Slipping sideways into an alleyway, he began to try and pick out Gitanes force signature. Scanning across this city, it was not hard. There were very few force users here, most of which had limited power that they probably didn't even know about. Due to this, Gitane stood out like a saw thumb.

Sliding back out into the crowd as if he had never dissapeared, Vega began following the beacon of Darkness which Gitane gave off.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:10:21 AM
She let herself off of the stool, her legs stiff from kneeling on the small surface, and made her way over the creaky floor boards to move into the street. She leaned against the doorway, scanning the area silently for anything. A faint grin of relief creasing her lips, her eyes resting upon the familiar dark hair of Vega's. She pushed from the doorway and began to walk towards him.

"Vega..!"

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:14:19 AM
"Vega..!"

Spinning around to try and see where the voice was coming from whilst at the same time keeping a lock on Gitanes force presence, Vega smirked. Gitane was drawing extremely close although he couldn't see her anywhere.

Gitane? he called out through the Force.

A woman was approaching him. Gitane. Only not Gitane. If this was Gitane, then Vega now knew how Gitane felt when she first saw Vega after his 'transformation'.

Squinting his eyes, he awaited to womans response. He would soon see whether or not his assumptions were right.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:21:15 AM
A rather confused, almost distressed smile remained on her face as she stared up at him. Her head absently tilt to the side, her fingers braiding and unbraiding a lock of hair. She was distracted by the questioning tone. After a moment, she let her hands drop and returned her gaze to his eyes, pausing before letting herself reply.

"Who..Who else would I be, Vega?"

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:24:41 AM
Her attitude seemed much like Gitanes, her force signature did too. She had to be Gitane. In his mind he put any fears of it not being her far into the recesses of his brain. Allowing a small, reassuring smile to cover his lips as he looked to her, he placed one hand onto her shoulder.

...What happened to you? he said quietly so not to alert anyone else to the two's situation, at the same time raising an eyebrow slightly.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:30:46 AM
Gitane looked up at him, a hand resting on his arm. She bit her lip rather nervously, trying to think of the question's meaning. Her mind had cleared and settled since she'd first woken up, and from what she could tell, nothing was wrong. Shaking her head slightly, almost as if to herself, she glanced around.

"I...don't know what you mean."

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:33:32 AM
Vega took Gitanes hand in his and began to walk back towards the more secluded alleyway. As they paced slowly he leant his head down close to hers and whispered.

You don't look ... like you.

The two turned into the thin walkway between two buildings as the Sith Knight let go of his apprentices hand and leant back against one of the walls.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:41:46 AM
Whatever relief she'd felt quickly dismissed itself as she lifted her hands to touch her hair and face. She bit her lip, taking the tips of the long hair and looking down at them. Complete startlement took over her eyes as she gazed at the darkness of her hair; the tan peach of her skin. Recent memories slowly began to uncover in her mind as she stared at the wall across from her. Her voice was distant and quiet as she began slowly to speak.

"There.. There was a transplant.. I.. Me.. ..My body.. dead."

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:44:34 AM
You do realise that if it was a transplant... someone is walking around in your body...

A silent concern crossed his face for a minute or so as the two remained in perfect silence, only the drips of water from the pipes above rupturing the quiet.

Move something with the Force, he said unsurely.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:52:19 AM
--She bit her lip with a slow nod, pausing a moment before a rock rested in her palm. She looked up at Vega, unsure of the requested task. There was a rare, unsure fear hidden in the dark turquiose. Her mind kept hitting her with an odd memory of death. Something had happened.. She sighed and let the rock drop from her hand, leaning her head faintly against Vega's shoulder.--

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 07:57:40 AM
The small pebble had levitated up into Gitanes hand easily showing that in this body she did still have her Force abilities. Closing his eyes, he began to think over the situation at hand.

We need to either get your old body back so you can some how re-enter it... or so we can destroy it, his voice cracked slightly as he spoke, We can't have someone else walking around in your body.. they could get past all sorts of Empire clearances with it.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 08:17:24 AM
--Gitane nodded her head slightly, looking around. She glanced down toward the ground, the blinking of her comm-link catching her eye. She took it from the belt and let it open, silently listening to the message.--

"Hello, Miss. If you are hearing this, then your half of our little experiment was a success. Either that or someone has stolen your commlink. Either way, I have a bit of news for you. It seems the other half of the experiment some how failed. Though your 'being' was successfully transplanted, the being of our Miss Kerri was not strong enough and has since deceased before we were able to fully let it into your former body. But, that's the way of the game. Toodles."

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 09:19:32 AM
That was...

Vega paused, bringing his free hand up to scratch at the back of his neck.

...well timed to say the least.

A small laugh escaped his lips as he looked idly around the alleyway, sighing as his laughter died away.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 09:22:05 AM
--She managed a small laugh, letting the commlink close. She sighed and brushed a strand of hair from her face.

"I think it's been there for a while.. I just wasn't noticing it.."

She looked over to him, tilting her head a bit.--

"What do we do now?"

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 09:24:41 AM
It's up to you really, he said, his hand moving around from the back of his neck to run back through his bangs before dropping down to his side.

You like this new body, you can keep it. If not, you can go back and find your original form...

A thought flashed in his mind.

Did you have any valuables with you?

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 09:43:17 AM
"I'd rather stay this way... And as for valuables.."

--Gitane shook her head slowly, absently feeling her belt and arms. She suddenly froze, her hand clasped over her fingers. Color faded from her face as she slowly looked down at her bare hands, shaking her head quickly and muttering to herself.--

"No..no, no, no, no.."

What is it..?

"The ring..."

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 09:47:33 AM
Damn...

Although Vega had to admit it really wasn't the time for tests, a little problem in the field would test Gitanes abilities.

What do you propose we do about this? he said, his hands checking once again for the presence of his dagger and saber.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 09:55:44 AM
"I don't know.."

--A growl left her throat as she looked around. She didn't even know where she'd been taken or left.. And idea sprung into her mind as she clicked open her commlink.--

"Would you like to leave a message after the beep.. Or shall I?"

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 10:02:29 AM
Perhaps it'd be wise if I did, he said emotionlessly, to confused them a little.. trick them.

"Gitane" handed the small pad to Vega who brought it up close to his face and began to speak.

I've heard of your work and was hoping for some help with a project of mine. If you're offering your services I shall pay any price. Simply meet me tonight at the bar on Front street.

He stopped recording, pausing before beginning again.

Ask around for Oran.

Sending the message he tossed the pad back to Gitane, yawning slightly.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 10:12:48 AM
--She fumbled slightly with the pad before looking up at Vega. Why use another name..? She looked down again, shifting her feet in the ground, sending up a small puff of dust. She was silent as she let herself drop to sit on the ground, drawing absently with a nail in the dirt. She bit her lip and glanced up at Vega.--

"...Which would you rather I be?"

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 10:18:07 AM
Ouch. Killer question.

It's not up to me really, Gitane. It's your life, your body, your choice in the end.

Sliding uncomfortably down the brick wall to sit down in the dirt, Vega began to fiddle with the rope belt around his waist.

I know what I would prefer, but this is your life, not mine.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 10:26:03 AM
--Gitane lifted her gaze to meet his eyes. She kept her eyes locked with his, keeping the hold for several moments of silence. Despite how she loved him... Vega always seemed to perfer dodging questions. One game she never appreciated playing along with.--

"I know the choice is mine, but that doesn't mean I can't know your choice. Which would you prefer?"

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 10:28:35 AM
I don't want to sway your decision, he said firmly, getting back to his feet.

He clenched his fists, punching at the air for a second, positioned in some basic fighting stance. Continuing his little display of skills, he jabbed and swiped at the air, remaining silent.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 10:40:16 AM
--Gitane sighed and let her eyes shut as she pushed herself to her feet. She opened her eyes, looking at the street, brushing a strand of hair from her face. She didn't want to argue with him.. She lifted the curved sword from its attachment at her hip, tracing her fingers along the sleek blade. Pausing, she kept her eyes on the ground, murmuring.

"Imagine feeling your need to make a choice, and feeling that whether or not you chose right would determine how your love see you."

She didn't wait for his response before leading herself from the alley and down the street to duck into the bar she'd previously visited, taking a seat in the back corner with silence.--

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 10:50:24 AM
Stopping his little battle display immeadiately, Vega span on his heel, jogging after Gitane. Ducking down under the bar doorway, he hunched his back a little as he scanned the bar area before spotting Gitane.

Hey, he skulked into the corner of the bar where she sat and took a seat by her.

You know I'll love you no matter what you look like, Gitane.

He heard a snigger. Turning he noticed another patron with his hand over his mouth. Looking away from the man back to Gitane, the Knight canted his head slightly, smiling.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 10:58:05 AM
--Gitane absently let a glass fly from the counter to crash on the sniggering man's shoulder. She looked up at Vega with a slow smile, lifting a hand to pinch his cheek teasingly.--

"I'd still lik e to know which you would prefer."

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 11:00:59 AM
The laughing man now with a glass in his shoulder fall off of his chair before stumbling to his feet, screaming about the demons and beasts who were attacking him. Vega simply smiled.

And I'd still like to know which you would prefer.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 11:07:26 AM
--Gitane couldn't help but laugh softly at the man. She shifted to her usual perch on her knees, tilting her head.--

"It doesn't really bother me.. I don't have to look at myself. But you said you had a prefferance.. So tell me which."

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 11:12:53 AM
Green flavour, he said jokingly, turning to look around the bar. It didn't compare at all to the Drifters B and G, a real shabby place.

And what do you mean you don't have to look at yourself? If you don't pick one you like you'll spend nights staring into the mirror like you were in some HoloFilm whimpering about how yo-

Vega paused, he was getting a bit over the top.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 11:34:34 AM
--Gitane rolled her eyes with a soft laugh, tilting her head as she looked at her hands. She sighed a bit, realising two things. One; she had yet to actually see 'herself'. And two; If part of it had failed once before.. What was to stop it from failing again?--

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 03:24:23 PM
Vega grinned.

Hopefully, if they're stupid enough, those medical goons will arrive here later on tonight. If they do..

Calling a bottle of JD to his hand with much protest from the bartender, the Sith Knight took a small drink from the brown bottle.

.. we'll smash them up good until they tell us where your body is, eh?

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 03:33:07 PM
--She nodded absently, glancing around the bar. Without thinking, she pushed herself to lean over the bar counter and grabbed a thin bottle holding a pre-mixed cocktail in it. Poking her tongue out at the bartender, she moved around and looked towards Vega, sitting on the counter. She took an absent swig of the drink before tilting her head to speak, looking idly at the bottle.--

"I don't know... It'd be fun to kick the runt's tushie, but... I rather like this form..."

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 03:41:25 PM
Looks rather fetching on you, I have to say, he said, raising his brown bottle to clink against her cocktail.

But like I say, we need to get it back for your possessions and for Empire security reasons.

An evesdropper on the two's conversations suddenly leapt into the air, screaming something about not being able to hear as there was an invisible object in his ears. A moment or so later he was lying dead on the floor. The patrons of the not so fine establishment were beginning to look slightly phased.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 03:50:32 PM
--Gitane lifted an eyebrow towards the fallen man, absently taking another drink. She looked forward to removing herself from this planet soon. Until then, a wonder sparked in her mind as she looked back towards Vega.--

"Any reason you used a seperate name in sending the message?"

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 03:53:40 PM
No doubt, like cliché evil people, they will have databases full of information on everyone. Therefore alerting them to the fact that I'm a Sith Knight, and also with Gitane Blesse - whom they just experimented on - is not a good idea.

Placing down his JD on the bar, he nodded lightly.

I always use the name Oran Fett for things like this. I'm suprised the fools have caught on yet.

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 14th, 2001, 03:58:54 PM
--She nodded absently, looking down at the bottle before setting it beside her on the counter. She couldn't recall the man ever knowing her name; but she was out for most of it. A figure at the doorway caught her eye and she quickly took her seat again on the stool beside, and rather behind Vega.--

"It seems they're a bit early.. Oran."

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 14th, 2001, 04:08:09 PM
You might want to position yourself in a more secluded place so they don't see you, he whispered.

The men, if you could even call them men, entered the bar in a way which turned heads. Not only did it turn heads but it also turned barstools and the aim's of weapons too. After a moment of staring in awe the patrons of the bar returned to their previous tasks, allowing the huge beings to thud through the bar with little difficultly.

One of the larger of the two, presumably the leader of the duo, approached the bar, catching the attention of the barman.

"Find me Oran," he said gruffly.

The stout tender was not a stupid man, so agreed to the creatures requests and clambered up onto a bar stool.

"I'm looking for an Oran! Oran, if that's you, ya bum, come 'ere!"

Rising up from his seat, Vega began to mentally shun any thoughts about the Sith or Gitane. If the creatures could use the Force thoughts like these would betray his real purpose.

Gentlemen, he said in a soft tone, approaching the two, I believe you are looking for me?

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 15th, 2001, 06:47:22 AM
--Gitane looked towards the creatures for a moment with distaste before pushing herself off the stool and silently taking a seat at a table with a few locals. She glared at them for a moment before their protesting whispers quieted. Her gaze shifted to Vega as she leaned a cheek on her hand to watch.--

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 15th, 2001, 06:54:53 AM
"You are the one named Oran?" the being hissed, looking down from it's large height at Veag.

That I am. And you are..?

"We are the ones whom you sent a message to - about ideas for a project."

Snapping his fingers with a nod and smile, Vega glanced to the barman.

Get these two whatever they want and send them over to that table over there, Vega said, grinning as he gestured for the beings to make their way to a table in one of the more dark corners of the bar.

The trio took their seats in the booth with the Sith Knight sitting opposite the "Scientists".

Now then, gentleman. Are you prepared to hear what I wish to speak about?

Kerri Maximalian
Aug 15th, 2001, 07:21:35 AM
--Gitane looked around rather boredly, every so often glancing at the table in which Vega and the Massassi were seated. Once one group of people would leave, she would simply take a seat at another table, making sure to keep out of the line of vision from the beasts. She sighed, glancing around, stretching her arms over her head boredly, making a soft growl at the teasing look of a man at the bar before turning her gaze back towards Vega--

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 16th, 2001, 11:57:54 AM
"Of course we are."

Very well then. I am in search for a body or two.

The Sith Knight sipped a little at his JD, closing his eyes as he leant back comfortably in his side of the booth.

I wish to do some testing in private. I need a Twi'lek, a Falleen, a Zabrak and any other spares you have around. Preferably reasonably young too.

As he opened his eyes he sent out a ripple in the Force, altering the perception of the Massassi.

"That should be accomplished easily enough - if you have the credits of course."

Delving his hand into the folds of his deep blue trousers to remove a bulging handful of credits, the Knight simply grinned.

Satisfactory?

Gitane Blesse
Aug 16th, 2001, 01:51:02 PM
--Gitane looked boredly to the couple she'd stolen a seat with. They didn't seem at all happy of her presence. A mocking grin formed over her face as she poked her tongue out at the two before standing to waltz around for another seat. She sat herself on the edge of a table, looking down at a child as they scooted closer to their parent. The thought of having a bit of 'fun' with them crossed her mind, but it would have to be put on hold until matters were taken care of.--

Vega Van Derveld
Aug 20th, 2001, 09:08:45 AM
"Certainly. Please, if you would like to follow us."

The two tall creatures rose up out of their seats, beginning to walk away, not waiting for Vega. Hopping up out of his seat, the Sith pushed the credits back into his pocket, glancing over his shoulder to nod and wink at Gitane before heading off after the scientists.

Follow me, keep back a bit though, he said through the force to Gitane, stepping out of the bar door.

After a relatively short walk the group arrived at the tall metallic building which Vega labelled as the HQ of the beings. It didn't stand out at all as it was mixed in with all the buildings around it, perfect for this type of "business".