PDA

View Full Version : The Ryu Warusa Chronicals: Memories of a Time Forgoten(done)

Ryu Warusa
Jul 30th, 2001, 06:56:14 PM
"Why did you name this ship the Luna Shiryou? What does it mean?" Jerred was sitting in the living area of the Luna Shiryou with Ryu discussing ship names and weapons.

Sigh... "I named it thus because of my fiancee. Shiryou means spirit, in a lost language." Ryu was sitting across from Jerred on a very comfotable seat, drinking his favorite alchoholic bevarage, you guessed it; Rodian Tequilla.

"You have a fiancee?! Then why do you hit on all those women?" Jerred's interest spiked, which was strange because normally Jerred was not interested in anyone else but himself.

"Had, she died a long time ago..." Ryu took a swig of his Tequilla.

"Sorry... excuse my asking but how did she die?"

"Its a long story, I'll begin it before the point when all the trouble started happening..."

Young Ryu Warusa
Jul 30th, 2001, 07:19:02 PM
"Master! Its time for my lessons, train me." The young student looked at his old teacher with fiery eyes, eyes that burned with a will, a will to get stronger, to become great like his master and his father were.

"Alright... but remember to say 'please' next time." The old man laughed, a jolly laugh. A laugh that seemed to hide many years of wisdom. This was Ryu's teacher and best friend.

"Please...train me..." This young strapping lad is Ryu. Before an event altered the course of his life. He had the looks to rival that of Adonis himself.

"Alright, now remember there is no block in martial arts. You either hit or be hit. Like so..."

The old man goes to strike at Ryu, but by the time he gets there Ryu manages to strike his arm away and hit him in the chest.

"Not bad... I must be getting slow in my old age..." The old man massages the area where Ryu had managed to place a hit.

"No Master, you're not ol..." Before Ryu could finish his sentence he is struck on the top of his head so hard that he falls to the floor.

"Never lower your guard! How many times do I have to say that!? Just like your father, always starting things but never finishing them off. Speaking of which, how is your father's sword? Are you taking care of it?"

"Yes, its back at my house." Ryu gets up from the floor and gets back in the ready position.

"Good, thats enough training for today. How are things going with that girl, Luna?"

"Oh, its funny that you should ask, you see... I asked her to be my betrothed. We're supposed to get married next year. I was wondering... if you would be my best man."

"Wow! Its about time you asked her to marry you. You two have been together since you two first met 6 years ago. Of course I'll be your best man!"

"Thank you, Master"

Ryu Warusa
Jul 31st, 2001, 07:03:27 PM
"Yes... my master... he was a great man." Ryu takes another drink.

"He's dead?" Jerred was staring at Ryu apparently very interested in the way the story was going.

"You could say that, he's just an old drunk and womanizer now..."

"You mean like you?"

"Shut up!" Damn him, what does he know...

Jerred Rez
Jul 31st, 2001, 08:24:50 PM
Jerred was jogging his memory. There were things he remembered... he had heard of Luna - He had heard of her, because he had killed her.

"Luna Takashi?" The man with the glowing green goggles stood just outside of her door, the wind blowing at his cloak. It flapped about past the doorway, then finally settled down as he walked into the room. There were several candles burning brightly where she stood, making identification easier. That's why Jerred had waited for her to walk that far in... and right next to the sword which he had been requested to retrieve.

The woman jumped, spinning around and knocking over the alter with the sword on it. Her heart rate had quickened... Jerred could see it in the read outs his goggles were giving him... her body heat had also increased drastically as the flow of blood became quicker. "Who are you?!"

"Are you Luna Takashi?" His disrupter pistol was drawn now, aimed directly for her chest. Jerred didn't seem to be enjoying what he was doing anymore... but he didn't seem to be at all bothered by it.

"Who are you?!" The woman grabbed a green glass sculpture and tossed it at him. He deflected it easily with the back of his hand, sending it crashing to the floor beside him with a ringing crack. Her eyes had turned to the sword...

"For the last time: Are you Luna Takashi?" Jerred's other hand had come up, a silent hiss erupting from his sleeve as a strange metallic rope shot around and ensnared her, wrapping her up like a slender mechanical serpent.

"Yes!!" She was crying as she hit the floor in her struggle to get closer to the blade. Jerred pulled the trigger.

"Who exactly was your master? I'm curious." I wonder if the woman I murdered all those years ago is the same one he's speaking of...? It's probably better left unexplored...

Ryu Warusa
Aug 7th, 2001, 02:03:01 PM
"My master..." Ryu slouches in his seat and thinks back. "My master... his name was Yoshi Tatakai. He was my best friend." Jerred looks at him and then takes a drink, his goggles flashing and making sure it was the kind of drink he wanted.

"Was your best friend?"

"Yeah... he left after Luna Died..." Ryu was still slouching, watching as Jerred was drinking from his bottle. Luna... I've never really thought about it before... but I really miss her...

Luna Shiryou
Aug 17th, 2001, 12:32:00 PM
A picnic... memories of joy, memories of a man. A man I loved, the man I still love. His name is Ryu Warusa....

"What are you doing Ryu?" She said as she was spreading the linen out on the floor. "I'm checking the weather on this planet, I don't want it to go bad when we are sitting down to eat.", he replied. "Thats a good idea." She walked up to him and put her arms around him, and kissed him gently.

He kissed her back, then continued setting up everything. It indeed turned out to be a nice day. Full of fun and joy, laughs and cuddling. Yes, I miss Ryu Warusa, and I'm sure that he misses me...

Jerred Rez
Aug 17th, 2001, 11:54:22 PM
"So what became of you? Besides the obvious that is..." Jerred sighed, thinking back to his past. He wondered if Ryu would ever ask him about it, hoping that some of it would forever remain unexplained.

Ryu Warusa
Aug 18th, 2001, 11:42:28 AM
"I became a drifter. Wandering looking for the killer and my father's sword. I swore that I would get revenge on the bastard that killed Luna... If only I had some clues..." He looked more depressed, Jerred seemed to still be interested.

"I wandered space, looking for clues. Eventually I ran out of money. Its funny, at one point I even sold my body to get enough money for transit to the next planet."