PDA

View Full Version : A Lost Soul... {New Character}

Nobuo Hyde
Aug 14th, 2001, 02:49:58 PM
As I stood at the doorway to this well known Jedi drinking establishment. I started thinking to myself, Why am I here? I found myself unconscious in the alley next to it, apparently my clothes were covered in blood, blood that was not my own. I recalled hearing someone scream. I was unaware what they were screaming about, then I awoke in the alley.

As I stood there, at the door, I started wondering why I was just standing here. Why don't I go in for a drink, maybe it shall stop this splitting headache. I always had headaches everytime I awoke but this one seemed incredibly strong. I walked up to the bar and asked the bartender for his cheapest drink, then as he poured it for me I payed him the price of the drink. Looking around the room, I started listening in on the patron's conversations.

Apparently there had been several murders for the past couple of nights. I would not know as I just got in to town. I could not believe the site of all the robed figures. Something in my body stirred, as if feeling the presence of immense power about the room. I payed it no mind and continued drinking, hoping to drown the pain in my head.

<HTML>

http://vagrantorder.clanpages.com/nobuo1.jpg

</HTML>

Nobuo Hyde
Aug 14th, 2001, 06:25:27 PM
OOC:

This thread is for Jedi only. Thank you.

Katarina Kariena
Aug 19th, 2001, 01:30:57 AM
Kat watched the person who just entered from a corner across the room and wasn't sure what to think. Taking a small sip of her drink she just watched him. After a momment she seemed to focas on something else, slowly sipping her drink.

She wasn't about to ask any questions just yet. She wanted to learn more from just observing.

OOC: I'm a Jedi x.x

Nobuo Hyde
Aug 25th, 2001, 12:58:29 PM
The drink was good, it helped the pain in my head. I had identified it as a martini. The drink was helping my headache but still the pain lingered. No one seemed too disturbed at the blood on my black clothing. I watched the patrons with a careful eye. I did not trust robed figures or people in trenchcoats, they always seemed to want to hide somehing. I knew what most of the people wanted to hide. Weapons...

As I glanced around the room, I noticed someone staring at me. She was apparently a young woman, and in some groups would be considered very beatiful. She looked young but still slightly older than myself. I had been twenty-one at that time. I guessed she would be roughly around twenty-four. I stood and walked over to the bar to ask the barkeep a few questions. Such as "Who was this young woman? Why are there so many robed figures? How much was my drink?"

Nichos Marr
Aug 27th, 2001, 09:38:08 PM
Nichos was one of the few Jedi in the bar who wasn't wearing a robe. He was dressed in a casual white shirt and a pair of long black shorts. This made him look a lot like a surfer, rather a Jedi. His hair was fixed nicely, and he had sprouted a beard. Whilst stuck on Tatooine, he didn't have access to an electric shaver so he allowed a beard to grow in. When he got back to Yavin IV, Nichos trimmed it and made the beard very thin. He didn't like the idea of facial hair getting in the way or bothering him. Nevertheless he kept the beard.

Looking around at the other Jedi in robes made his smile a bit. They looked pretty silly, like a group of monks wearing potato sacks. Rarely did he wear a robe anymore. His Jedi robes were tucked neatly in his X-wing's left compartment. He reserved them for Jedi Council meetings and other events in which he had to act like a traditional Jedi. Almost a year ago, when he had been a padawan, Nichos always wore a robe. He found it slowed him down and stunted his speed and stamina.

"Busy night tonight." He said to himself.

Nichos surveyed the bar, spotting all the non-Jedi and studying them. They were among the usual bar dwellers such as; Gran, Duros, Twi'leks and Rodians. Nichos was well versed in Rodian, having grown up on Rodia. He could understand what some of them were saying, but it wasn't anything important really.

One patron caught his eye, and after some more thought his full attention. This patron was a human, seated at the bar in conversation with the barkeep. He had blood stains on the back of his clothing and Nichos detected a bit of Force sensitivity. He couldn't detect any weapons on the man, but Yog's Bar and Grill's weapon sensors weren't the greatest. They needed to be updated, severly.

The Jedi stood up and set his mug of ale down. He wiped his mouth with a bare arm and trodded off in the man's direction. Once reaching him Nichos took a seat beside him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Looks like you could use a little rest mister. Did you get into a scuffle with a Gran or something? Or is that blood just a decoration." Nichos grinned. The man turned around to see a 19 year old Jedi, commonly referred to as "kid" or "Jedi boy" by enemies and friends alike. Nichos was actually quite mature for his age. He had already experienced many hardships in his life. He extended his hand to the man, "Nichos Marr, Jedi Knight here. Pleased to meet you mister....?"

Nobuo Hyde
Aug 27th, 2001, 10:03:23 PM
As the young man stepped up to me and started speaking, I could not believe the way he was dressed. Almost completely open, there appeared to be no treachery and he was very friendly. Very few people I have met are like this. His whole manner surprised me, but what surprised me the most was that this young kid was a Jedi Knight.

Ever since I was a kid I've always wanted to help people, I've always looked up to the Jedi's but knew very little about them. I knew they helped people, that was all that mattered to me. It was like a dream to meet one in person.

"Nobuo... Hyde..." Curse this, I could never really have a coversation with anyone. It was a real problem. In front of my hero too. I was almost ashamed but I continued. He asked me why I had blood on my clothing, I told him the truth. "I... don't... know..."

Katarina Kariena
Aug 27th, 2001, 10:30:53 PM
Kat saw Nichos start to talk to they young man and smiled slightly. Atleast it was a male who started the conversation. She continued to watch, giving Nichos a chance to talk to the man.

Nichos Marr
Aug 28th, 2001, 10:24:02 AM
Nichos tipped his head to the side slightly and gave Nobuo a strange stare. His eyebrow was raised as if he was studying the man. Nichos could detect no deceit or even evil from this man. All he detected was confusion, and a lot of it. He also determined that Noduo was a little shy.

"Hey, let me buy you another drink." Nichos flipped the bartender a cred chit. He raced off to get Nobuo a refill of the drink he had been tending to.

I wonder how he got that blood on his back. He says he doesn't know, and I couldn't pick up any deceit. Nichos mused silently. He ordered a glass of water himself and sipped it every once in a while.

Although he already knew how Nobuo felt, he wondered the man knew how he himself felt. Nichos asked him in a calm voice, "Tell me Nobuo, how feel you?"

Nobuo Hyde
Aug 28th, 2001, 07:15:02 PM
The man asked me how I felt, I think he already knew how I felt. He showed little surprise when I told him.

"Headache..."

I felt this man could sense what I was thinking, it was sort of a relief that I did not have to speak a lot. At least with him, that is. I also noticed that the woman was still staring at me. With those young eyes that she had. If she was a Jedi then it would seem that I may be too old for them.

Nichos Marr
Aug 28th, 2001, 08:44:52 PM
Nichos still felt the obvious internal pains this man was feeling along with confusion. He also sensed a bit of self doubt. Nichos concentrated on drawing in feelings of calm and serenity. He pushed these feelings toward Nobuo in hopes of making him feel a little better. The Jedi wasn't sure if it would work but he certainly hoped it would, for Nobuo's sake. Besides being a little odd, he didn't seem like such a bad fellow.

The Jedi looked to the side for a moment to see what caught Nobuo's attention. He recognized the familiar face in an instant. That face belonged to Kat Kariena. Nichos hadn't known her as well as some did, but he'd known her enough to call her a friend and an ally. She was a very dedicated Jedi and had a lot more experience then Nichos. He gave her a slight smile.

"Say," he said, turning back to Nobuo, "You never quite told me what brought you here? Did you have any hopes of meeting someone or doing something?"

Nichos finished his glass of water. He watched as Nobuo hesitated and gave him a knowing glance. The Jedi sent a telepathic message to Nobuo.

~ If you are not comfortable with speaking, then think what you are going to say. It is probably easier no? Just focus your thoughts and direct them at me. Feel me, and talk to me with your mind. ~

Nobuo Hyde
Aug 28th, 2001, 09:15:58 PM
I heard a voice in my head. It was the friendly voice of Nichos. I could not believe it, it was like something out of a dream. I was not aware Jedi had powers such as this. In fact, I had not been aware that Jedi had any special powers. Of course now I realize that I was an ignorant fool back then.

It was more difficult to direct my thoughts than he made it seem. Merely focusing on him seemed nearly improbable, (Improbable, but not impossible). I got frustrated and drank my martini in one gulp. I then proceeded to try again. Eventually after about 5 minutes of repeatedly trying I got it. My headache had gotten worse because of it.

"Wow... I didn't know that you had such power. The power to speak in men's minds. Anyway, thank you, this helps me a lot."

It did help me. You must understand that having a conversation that way was nearly impossible.

"I don't know what happened or why I am here. All I know is that I awakened in the alley outside covered in blood."

I gave him time to let that sink into his mind.

"I came in here, hoping to find answers. Also, to get something for this headache."

Nichos Marr
Aug 30th, 2001, 10:26:55 AM
~ Maybe this will help you. ~

Nichos stood up and walked over to Nobuo. He put both hands on the man's head and began to transfer his thoughts of calm and healing. His goal was to sooth the man's headache, and get rid of it. If Nichos couldn't do this, then nothing could be done.

He focused hard while giving Nobuo some of his energy. Nichos used to be good with healing techniques although he was a tad rusty. He hoped to the Force that this would sooth the man's headache. It seemed pretty bad from Nichos' point of view. He could see that the expression of pain on Nobuo's face was slightly changing. The Jedi figured it was an indication of him feeling less pain in his head.

"That's all I can do for now." Nichos told Nobuo, while returning to his seat. "You need to rest soon, that will probably cure the rest of your headache."

Nichos opened his mind again and linked it with Nobuo's. He once again transferred his thoughts to the man instead of speaking.

~ You are unusually strong in the Force, did you know that? Before I heard you refer to the life Force as a power...Most of us have our different views of the Force. Would you like to learn more about the Force...and create your own view? The potential is certainly there. ~

Nichos assured Nobuo with a definate smile. He rested one hand on the other, as if contemplating what to say next. Nichos finally transferred his next set of thoughts to Nobuo.

~ With the proper training, you could dig up your past. You would find out how you got that blood on you, and how you came to be. ~

Then he spoke with his mouth.

"But it's your choice. Before you choose, I'd like you to ask yourself if you can dedicate your life to the Light Side of the Force."

Nobuo Hyde
Aug 30th, 2001, 05:54:26 PM
My headache was almost completely gone, if the force could do that... I could only imagine what other miracles it could accomplish.

I looked at the Nichos, he seemed to be sincere. A chance to join the Jedi, I could not believe it. My childhood dream was finally coming true. But, one thing he said bothered me...
"Do I really want to find out about those points in my past?" What could have happened that blocked those memories? I never knew what kind of horrors I would see.

I took the chance. I wanted training, I wanted to be a Jedi. I sent him the message. "I want to be trained in your ways. I want to know more about myself, also, I wish to help people."

"Yes..."
I also answered verbally, so that we did not arouse suspicion.

Nichos Marr
Aug 30th, 2001, 07:04:08 PM
"Your heart is in the right place Nobuo, now you get a chance to finally use it. There is nothing more rewarding then that feeling of accomplishment. Even if you do but the smallest task to help someone, it goes a long way in the end."

Nichos grinned and stood up from his stool once again. He patted Nobuo on the back and walked past him.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." He said.

The bar wasn't as packed anymore as it had been half an hour ago. The air still stank of vomit and blood from the occasional bar fight or some Gran drinking too much. Besides those minor impurities, the Bar and Grill was pretty clean. Small droids that one had to watch out for roamed across the floor polishing it clean, while the vents worked at returning the normal smell.

Since it was near night, the lights had been dimmed and the bar could only be replied as having a dark contrast. Only the lights over the tables shone brightly enough to instruct one where they were going. The remaining patrons of the bar included a few Jedi, a Rodian couple, about five Gran, two Twi'lek and an Ithorian. Everyone seemed to be keeping to themselves, except for the four Gran who were arm in arm, drunk out of their minds. They were singing a popular melody created at the Cathedral of Winds.

Nichos Marr thought that sound was music to his ears as he made his way across the bar. A Gran mumbled something to Nichos in his own language. The Jedi calmly waved his hand, and watched as the alien turned back to his friends, forgetting all about the young man. Nichos continued his trip to the coat despensing droid.

"How may I help you gentle?" The droid asked as Nichos approached.

"I need my jacket," Nichos reached into his pocket and pulled out a tab with the number "879" on it. He handed it to the droid. The silver droid turned around and hobbled off into the back. A few moments later it reappeared with a black jacket. It tipped over the counter slightly and handed it to Nichos. The Jedi took it and smiled. "Much obliged."

"C'mon we're leaving." Nichos called from behind Nobuo. He walked up to the bartender and gave him a few cred chits for the drinks. Then he turned to Nobuo. "You can crash on my freighter tonight, then we're going to the Jedi Academy. There you will learn the ways of the Force."

Katarina Kariena
Aug 30th, 2001, 10:46:39 PM
Kat continued to sit in the corner observing, half lost in her own thoughts as she took another sip of her drink. Soon there would be another Jedi.

Good, she thought. The Sith havn't cought this one first. He has a challenge ahead of him. Let's hope he can meet it.

Nobuo Hyde
Aug 31st, 2001, 05:13:23 PM
OOC: Kinda half-arsed post there Kat. :D
IC:

"Alright..."

I got to my feet and followed my new master out of the establishment. It was later than I thought, the sun was setting quickly. "Too quickly...", I thought.

"Where...?"

At the time I did not know where we were going or what had in mind. But something inside me told me to trust his judgement. Afterall, he is a Jedi Knight.

http://vagrantorder.clanpages.com/nobuoglasses.jpg

Katarina Kariena
Aug 31st, 2001, 10:04:37 PM
OOC: I did it at three am what do you expect? x.x

Nichos Marr
Sep 1st, 2001, 09:27:45 PM
Nichos walked through the streets, followed closely by Nobuo. Above them, hovercabs and ships departed from the planet. Nichos hadn't told Nobuo where they were going, but he intended to. They were heading for the Spaceport, half across town.

"We're going to my ship...Well it's not really my ship. My X-wing was destroyed on Tatooine a short while ago. I managed to get Master Yoghurt to lend me a Bulk Cruiser in exchange for transporting some supplies for the Bar and Grill. I've been using it to get around until the New Republic can issue me a new X-wing fighter." He explained.

Nichos Marr had to move to the side to avoid a Landspeeder as it came whizzing by. A drunken Rodian was driving it. Nichos shouted "Slow down!" in fluent Rodian, but he doubted the driver heard it.

This place needs CorSec. Nichos thought.

"Once we get to my ship, I'll give you a bunk and we can sleep until morning." Nichos stopped holding a hand out to block Nobuo as well. "Hey, before we go. Do you have any credits, supplies, belongings stashed away somewhere that you'd like to bring with you to the Jedi Praxeum? If there not on this planet, I'm sure we can make a stop."

He wondered if Nobuo remembered even the slightest, most insignificant memory of his past. The man was quite a paradox, an enigma. The Jedi only hoped Nobuo could redefine himself with time and training. Nichos having had apprentices before would do his best in training Nobuo Hyde.

Nobuo Hyde
Sep 2nd, 2001, 10:45:44 AM
I looked at the man then I stopped walking and looked upward, that is to say that I looked inside myself. I didn't recall having anything. I still can't recall having anything at that point. I didn't even have any weapons.

"No...."

He looked at me strangely, he could not believe that I had nothing but the clothes on my back. Thats how it was though.

"Go...."

I wanted to keep moving, I did not want to be caught out here in the middle of the night.

Nichos Marr
Sep 6th, 2001, 05:05:23 PM
"Remember Nobuo, you can always relay your thoughts to me. I don't want to make you struggle just to speak a few words." Nichos told him.

The Jedi walked in silence for a while, followed by his newest Padawan. He still couldn't figure out or even begin to fathom what Nobuo had been through before he had met him in the bar. He could not detect any signs of the man holding back information, or any deceit. Nichos hoped that everything would work out just fine.

As he rounded the bend, he accidentily bumped into a very large and drunken Gran. The creature raised his fist and shook it at Nichos. He spat on the floor and pushed his fist forward. Before the giant block of meat struck Nichos, the Gran stopped to rethink. He forgot Nichos and Nobuo ever existed and just passed them, walking down the street.

"Did you see that. I used the Force to make the Gran forget we ever existed. Dark Jedi sometime use the Force to wipe people's memories out, somewhat like you are experiencing. As you've probably deducted, that isn't right. Destroying someone's memories, whether they be good or bad is like destroying a part of that person. No one deserves that."

He had been talking to Nobuo so much, Nichos didn't even realize he had subconsciously led him to his assigned docking bay. The Jedi motioned at the ship with his nose.

"There's the transport. I'll give you a room for the night. But before we go in...What do you know about the Jedi, or the Force for that matter?"

Nobuo Hyde
Sep 7th, 2001, 05:29:54 PM
"I don't know much about the Jedi, only that they help people. As for the Force, I don't know anything about it. All I know is that people see it as all-powerful."

I sent him my reply, the ship seemed large and kind of bulky but he had explained that it wasn't really his ship. We were alone in the place, not one single soul to be found. I had not found that very strange. I felt a little better now that I was out of the dark streets without a weapon.

Tetsuo Hyde
Sep 7th, 2001, 07:36:44 PM
Earlier....

A head is ripped off, a small building is destroyed, a scream is heard.

<h3>
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
</h3>

I stood screaming in pain and anger. I had killed for the first time, and this time I had enjoyed it. I wanted more. After one death I had instantly become addicted. I felt an incredible power flow through me, through my entire body. I had no idea what this power was, but I liked it.

I had been speaking to that woman when something awoke within me, a blast of pure energy came from my body killing the woman and destroying a nearby building. I wanted more blood, but I had become tired and decided that it was time to rest. I slouched in an alley and lay there.

Nobuo Hyde
Sep 9th, 2001, 04:18:15 PM
He looked at me with wondering eyes. I knew what he was thinking. "How could he not know about the force, and how come he was so intent on helping people?" I knew those questions and others were running through his mind.

Nichos Marr
Sep 9th, 2001, 05:23:34 PM
"The Force is the life of the Galaxy. It surrounds us and binds us all together. We aren't beings of dense matter, but luminescent creatures in the Force. Those of the Dark Side have a darker shine to them, but they are still part of the Force." Nichos explained. "I wouldn't exactly call the Force "all-powerful". The Jedi use it for defense and knowledge, never attack. I believe if a Jedi is at his last resort he may use the Force for attack, but be aware it is a step toward the Dark Side. One you would not want to take."

They walked down the hall, as Nichos directed Nobuo to his room. At first he had reluctant thoughts about leaving Nobuo alone, but he figured the Padawan-to-be would fare well. Nichos hoped he would...

"The Jedi are the defenders of peace and prosperity in the Galaxy. It was been that way for thousands and thousands of generations. There used to be thousands of Jedi all across the Galaxy..." Nichos paused. "After Emperor Palpatine started his crusade, the numbers dropped."

They stopped in front of a shiny metallic door. Nichos pressed the open button and watched as the door slid open.

"Room light, level 3." The light flashed on as Nichos issued the order.

There was a cot on the far side of the room along with a drawer beside it. Besides a few tables and a chair, there was not much else in the room.

"The refresher station is right across from your door, I'll be two doors down facing the left. Have a good night Nobuo." Nichos smiled and patted him on the back. He turned around and walked off to him room.

Nobuo Hyde
Sep 9th, 2001, 06:48:59 PM
"Thanks....", I said as he showed me to my room. It seemed very comfortable. I had not had a good night's sleep in a long time. I walked over to the bed and sat down.

"Thank you for your kindness and wisdom. Without you I would not know where I would be sleeping or where my life would take me. Now thanks to you I see a suitable path to take."

I awaited his response patiently.

Nichos Marr
Sep 12th, 2001, 07:28:00 PM
"Anytime Nobuo...Anytime." Nichos said.

He left the doorway and continued the stride toward his own room. Nichos punched the button with his fist and heard the familiar swoosh as his door slid open. He immediately walked over to the shelf and reached under his shirt. Nichos retrieved the golden hilt of his lightsaber. Ever so carefully he put it in the drawer, underneath his clothing and closed it shut.

The Jedi stood up and literally was drawn to his bed. He quietly pulled the covers back and fell onto the soft mattress. The moment his head hit the pillow he was out like a light. The alcohol he had drank was enough to make anyone pass out, but he was mainly tired due to all of his thinking. He needed rest, for the next day would be a big one.

Nobuo would be starting his Jedi training.

Nobuo Hyde
Sep 18th, 2001, 10:05:47 PM
I was sitting on the bed, it ferlt really comfortable. I was so tired that I quickly fell asleep. I had a wonderful dream, a dream that involved myself, Nichos, and some other people sitting in a room speaking about the universe and what we could do to help it.

In the morning I had felt well rested, I also did not have a headache. I had gotten up to find my suit wrinkled, I had forgotten to remove it the night before.

Nichos Marr
Sep 22nd, 2001, 04:25:21 PM
Nichos was on the bridge of the Bulk Cruiser. He'd managed to raise the ship off the ground and direct it out of Arcan IV's atmosphere. The Jedi had a bit of trouble inputting the coordinates to Yavin IV. The navigational computer would not accept the coordinates and kept on plotting different courses. It took Nichos a long while to fix it, but he finally corrected the numerous errors.

By the time he was entering the coordinates, the bridge door slid open and Nobuo walked in. Nichos turned and gave him a slight nod. He turned his head back to the computer and waited. The green light on the side of the screen indicated the course had been plotted and set. Nichos veered the ship to match the Hyperspace vector.

"You might wanna strap yourself in Nobuo. Once I punch this button, you'll be flung into the wall." Nichos joked.

He waited for his Padawan to take a seat beside of him. The Jedi Knight pushed the red button on the side of the NavComputer and swung his chair around. At that moment the ship rocked, and then blasted off into Hyperspace.

"We'll be at Yavin IV in less then a day. Meet me in room 21 down the hall in about half an hour. We'll begin your first training lesson. I've tried to fix it up a bit to resemble a training arena." Nichos unbuckled himself and got up. "See you then."

He walked off to meditate.

Nobuo Hyde
Sep 27th, 2001, 03:21:56 PM
((OOC: This post might suck, but I've not been in the mood to post since I got sick. But, I wanted to continue the training. I had to move on. Heh heh ::cough::))

He looked at me and told me my training would begin. Starting training so soon seemed a bit strange to me, but I wasn't going to complain. I wanted, no, desired to learn. He told me to meet him in one of the rooms in an hour. I decided to meditate until then. Something told me that my mind would have to be sharp for this excersise.

An hour had passed, it was time. I walked down the corridor, finding the room was a bit difficult. The ship was pretty large, and I had not yet had a chance to explore everything. But, I had finally found it, room 21. I knew Nichos would be on the other side of the door wating patiently for me, even though I was a bit late.

Nichos Marr
Sep 30th, 2001, 06:03:54 PM
"Nobuo, there you are! I was wondering if you'd gotten lost or something. After all this ship is rather large." A smile crept upon the Jedi's face.

Both of Nichos' hands were behind his back, and obviously he was holding something. He wore a Jedi robe, like the others did in the bar, and his hair had been slicked back. With a snap-hiss, a green blade extended over his head. Suddenly, a spinning robot came behind Nichos and began to shoot at him.

The Jedi spun around and deflected the shot with one hand. He leapt to the right to avoid another shot from another remote droid that had raised off the ground behind of him. Nichos' emerald colored lightsaber moved quickly, creating waving sounds as it spun through the air. Shots were deflected away from himself, while he concentrated hard on the Force. Nichos was using the Force to predict the strikes and move his laser sword to block them.

With a sigh and a spin he deflected two more shots and yelled, "Stop!". The remote droids fell on the matted floor, making muffled thuds. Drops of sweat glistened on his face before he used his sleeve to wipe it.

"Have you ever seen a Jedi and his lightsaber in action, Nobuo?"

Nobuo Hyde
Oct 2nd, 2001, 04:14:13 PM
I had never seen anything so incredible. It was truly amazing, Jedi were indeed skilled. I was in almost in shock at his speed, I also started thinking that, "I hope that he doesn't ever think of me as an enemy". As I stood there I also felt helpless, should he have attacked I surely would have been dead. I quickly positioned myself to what I considered to be a ready position.

"No....", I told him from my position. I've never really seen any Jedi, I've only heard rumors and stories about their adventures."

Nichos Marr
Oct 5th, 2001, 04:30:47 PM
"Really?" Nichos moved his thumb and de-ignited his green blade. He clipped it to the traditional Jedi belt that was fastened around his hips. Beside the Lightsaber, Nichos had a few power pack compartments and a pair of sunglasses. The Jedi rarely ever wore them, but they had been with him since childhoo.d The suns on Rodia could get pretty bright at times, and Nichos liked to dress fashionably and comfortably.

The Jedi scooped up two remote droids in his arms and brought them over to a large movable container. He dumped them in and moved back toward Nobuo, beckoning him in further. Nichos took a seat on the matted floor and corssed his legs. He told Nobuo to do the same.

The Padawan obeyed and sat across from Nichos.

"What kind of stories have you heard? Can you give me an example of one?" He asked Nobuo.

Nobuo Hyde
Oct 8th, 2001, 09:21:01 PM
"Ok....", I said to him as I watched his every move. I heard a lot of stories about the Jedi, Defenders of the Galaxy. Ever since I was a child listening to these stories, I knew that I had to become one.

"I'm sure you've heard of some yourself. Ones where the hero goes off and saves a dying planet. Or a Jedi knight goes and feeds the populous. Its all amazing."

Nichos Marr
Oct 10th, 2001, 03:46:19 PM
"Yes, I've seen that one just a few months back. The holo-vids do an okay job of portraying Jedi. I believe a Jedi Knight is too complex to be acted out in videos and dramas." Nichos had a smile on his face, remembering all of the entertaining holo-vids he had seen in the past year.

As a kid on Rodia he'd seen quite a number of plays, but the actors weren't that good. He could tell they only cared about their paychecks and what the future had in store. Nichos had even acted himself quite a bit, but it hadn't put that much food on the table. He was forced to quit to support himself and his father. He wondered what his life would be like if he was still living on Rodia. He wondered sometimes if it would be better, or worse.

"Anyway, let us continue on with your training." He stepped out of the way and pointed to three potted plants placed far away from one another. Nichos walked over to Nobuo and took three small flags out of his robe pocket. He handed them over to the Jedi apprentice who took them hesitantly, wondering what Nichos had in mind.

"The Force is all around us, and it binds us together. It is in you and me, and even in those plants. If you concentrate and listen closely, you can hear the Force whispering to you, and you can feel it. It is an energy field that gives life. It feels warm, and promising. Close your eyes Nobuo." The apprentice did as Nichos instructed. "Do not try to feel, just let go of your feelings and emotions and feel."

The Jedi Knight took a few steps back.

"Room light, no level." The room lights turned off leaving both Nobuo and Nichos in pitch blackness. Not a thing could be seen since no light was allowed into the room. Nichos used his own abilities in the Force to quickly move them from the positions they were once in. Nobuo could not only find them by memory now, he would have to use the Force.

"Feel it Nobuo. Feel the Force, and through it feel the plants. They are one with the Force, as you and I are. I want you to find each plant around the room, and put a flag in each pot. Rely on your intuition and gut feelings and tell me when you are done. You may begin."

Nobuo Hyde
Oct 11th, 2001, 08:26:44 PM
"Understood.....", I said hesitantly. This was not what I was expecting when he started showing off his sabre moves. I decided to go along wiht it, he was a Jedi afterall.

I searched with my mind, stumbling a few times. At one point I actually stepped on Nichos's toes. He screamed from the pain then he yelled out, "Concentrate!". That was so funny, I also crashed into him, he managed to trip over a plant and fall down. I caught myself but at least I found one plant and place a flag into it, though it was tipped over. This time though, I was determined to do it without Nichos' help.

I sat down and held my breath, searching through my mind. I saw Nichos, he was standing in a corner, trying to stay out of my way I guess. I scanned the room, turning my head from left to right. I thought it was hopeless, I would never find those plants.

But, after a while, they appeared in my vision. It was unbelievable, I couldn't believe it. I crawled over to the second plant and placed a flag into it. I again concentrated, another plant was a little to the left, about five meters away. I crawled over and placed a flag into what I believed was the last one.

"There...", I exclaimed. I took a deep breath, that required a lot of concentration.

Nichos Marr
Nov 4th, 2001, 08:40:19 PM
Nichos could tell that this exercise had not only acquainted Nichos with the Force around him, but had also drained his energy slightly. The Jedi knew that such was understandable from an initiate. With time, Nobuo's skill would increase and he would be able to easily sense things all around him, without paying much concentration to the task.

The Jedi walked over to Nobuo and clapped him on the back, "Good work Nobuo."

It didn't take a mind reader to sense what the Padawan was thinking. He was wondering what Nichos would have him do next. The Jedi turned his back on Nobuo and began to pluck the flags out of the pots again. In the corner of the room, four more pots were stacked against each other. The same type of plant grew in these four pots. Nichos held his hand forward and called for them. One by one the pot slid over to the center of the training room.

After the task had been done, the Jedi Knight turned to face Nobuo. The Padawan's look was incredulous. He was probably wondering if Nichos would have him do the exercise again. The Jedi Knight crossed his arms and smiled.

"What you just did is considered a sense technique. You sensed the plant lifeforms through the Force and put a flag in each. Furthermore, you learned how to use the Force, rather your eyes. Remember that your vision can deceive. Though it is not wise to rely on the Force all the time, use it when needed."

Nichos paused a few moments, allowing the words to sink into his Padawan's head.

"I noticed at the end, you seemed a bit weary of having to concentrate hard. This is expected from a Jedi initiate. The lesson of this next activity is "practice makes perfect". You are going to repeat what you just did before." Nobuo nodded, as if he already knew this. Nichos raised a hand, "But, you will place a flag in each pot in under one minute."

The Jedi reached into his cloak and pulled out four more small flags. He handed them all to Nobuo who seemed a little surprised. His last exercise had taken him over one minute and twenty seconds. Nichos had faith in his Padawan and knew he would succeed sooner or later.

"May the Force be with you, Nobuo Hyde."

At that moment, the lights flicked off again. Nichos moved the pots around with the Force, until he was sure they were far from one another. He moved back toward the wall to avoid crashing into Nobuo again. The Jedi was slightly eager to see how well his Padawan would fare during this activity.

"One minute, starting.....Now."

Nobuo Hyde
Nov 9th, 2001, 05:47:03 PM
I had little time, it was time to get serious. I closed my eyes, and felt the energy around the room. A blurred figure of Nichos was in the corner of the room. "No doubt trying to protect himself from me," I thought. It was a bit more difficult to detect everything else, than it was Nichos.

I sat on the floor quickly and scanned around the room, now using my second vision. I had 'seen' them, it had seemed like I had gotten the hang of this new power. I quickly got to my feet and started placing the flags in each of the pots, still sensing were they were. Even with my eyes wide open I could not see anything, but now it did not matter. After what I could estimate being a long 45 seconds, I had completed my task.

Nichos Marr
Nov 11th, 2001, 09:46:06 AM
"Excellent work, Light level 4." As Nichos finished his sentence, the lights clicked back on. They revealed the young man standing not too far from Nobuo with a broad smile on his face. At this point, he looked like a traditional Jedi. Brown robe, golden lightsaber clipped at his belt, it was a rarity when Nichos actually had himself look like a Jedi. It was better if people knew he didn't wield the Force. Nichos had found that he helped people more often when they did not know he was a Jedi. Some were very untrusting of Force users, and others just hated them. The Jedi began to walk toward Nobuo, but was flung back to the end of the room.

Nichos' arms swung up and grabbed hold of one of the pots, but soon it was sliding with him. His body was jerked upward and smacked into the hard durasteel wall. Nichos let out a small groan and opened his senses to the Force. Something was near him, outside. He could feel the lifeforms somewhere in space. But that's impossible, we're in hyperspace...Unless... Nichos managed to stand up straight and rushed to Nobuo who was sprawled on the floor.

"Hurry up, follow me!" Nichos shouted and sprinted to the door.

It was only a minute later that he made it to the bridge with Nobuo trailing behind. Nichos pounded the button and leapt through the door. He was met with a full fledged Interdictor Cruiser. The commlink to the side was buzzing like a droid who had just experienced a short circuitage. Nichos stretched his hand out, and called for the commlink. A second later it was in his hand, and the cord connected to the console was stretched as far as it would go.

"This is Nichos Marr, Captain of the Bela." Nichos lied. "Please stop firing!"

"Nichos Marr, eh? This is Commander Cryn of the Dark Wasp, prepare to be boarded." A deep voice replied.

Nichos shut the commlink off and threw it across the room. He frantically ran to the main computer console and began to press buttons applying more power to the shields that were already being ravaged. He opened his long range scanners to find he was well within the Interdiction field, and it would not be possible to outrun this pirate. Soon the tractor beam would ensnare them like a reptile after his prey. Nichos swung his head around and turned to Nobuo who had been silent during this whole ordeal.

"Any suggestions are welcome Nobuo!" Nichos shouted, as he brought the ship upside down, exposing their almost untouched belly shielding. At least that'll buy us some time...Now what in the Force am I going to do?

A few green blips appeared on the sensors, indicating that this pirate had fighters. Nichos knew that these fighters were Uglies, ships made from other scrapped ship components. He never had liked uglies.

"Here come the fighters, and I'm afraid the weapon systems on this ship are not operational." Nichos grimaced, "Nobuo, open yourself to the Force, search for an answer. The Force will tell us what to do..." He closed his eyes and began to focus, forgetting the fact that they were being attacked, forgetting the fact that he was in a ship. All Nichos felt was serenity.

Nobuo Hyde
Nov 12th, 2001, 10:05:20 PM
After much deliberation, I had decided that the way to open myself to the force, would be similiar to the way I detected the objects in the room. I closed my eyes and concentrated on nothing imparticular except the immediate danger. In the end an answer did come.

"Nichos, we must work together. Concentrate on the thoughts of the pirates. Maybe we can sway them together." I spoke into his mind.

Nichos Marr
Dec 15th, 2001, 03:09:03 PM
Nichos nodded to Nobuo, impressed at how his Padawan could read the Force so easily. He closed his eyes, and opened himself to the Force. It was not to be said that Nobuo was not a strong minded Padawan. As soon as Nichos had closed his eyes, he felt Nobuo, opened in the Force as well. Nichos could feel the Jedi Padawan reach out to him with the Force. Nichos answered that call, with reaching out as well. Both of their Force adeptness combined, was enough to push Nichos' sphere of responsibility far enough to include the Interdictor ship.

The Jedi, and possibly his Padawan could feel the lifeforms on the ship. Most of them hated each other, and all of them were greedy. Nichos hadn't felt such negative emotions in such a long time, yet that didn't matter. All that mattered was focusing on the Force. He felt Nobuo add his own power to his, increasing his clarity of the things near him. He pinpointed the captain of the ship, receiving a brief picture of him through the wavelengths of the Force. The pirate captain was a typical spacer, armed with blasters and a ragged hat. His whole crew was armed, and Nichos knew these pilots were remorseless and relentless.

He probed the Captain's mind with the Force, working his way into the inner folds of the black mind. The mind of the Captain was filled with memories of sorrow, of hate and the lives of the countless victims he had taken. Nichos knew that having Nobuo experience all of this might not be such a good idea for the young padawan. He was at a crucial stage before training that would harm him internally with all of these feelings and visuals. Nichos did not want his Padawan to turn to the Dark Side of the Force so early on. They hadn't even reached Yavin yet...

Focus Nichos, probe his mind. Nichos probed further, allowing himself in junction with the Force to take complete control of the pirate captain's mind. Nichos could feel himself staring out of the viewports with a new set of eyes, except this time, he was staring at his own ship, the Bulk freighter. Nichos turned his head, and looked behind him. A multitude of pirates stood behind him, staring back at him. They were probably waiting for orders from the Captain, now being controlled through Nichos Marr.

"Whadda we do Cap'n Spik?" One of the pirates asked, a groan of impatience followed.

"Let's leave this freighter. It's rather small anyway, I bet it has nothing of value." The Captain spoke, Nichos controlling his voice.

"What?!?!" The voices of discord among the pirates were filled with surprise and anger.

"I am the Captain, and you will do as I say!" Nichos allowed the Captain to shout in anger.

The pirates stared up at the daunting figure, and bowed their heads in silent anger. Nichos wouldn't be surprised if they started a mutiny anytime soon. He felt a small amount of pity for putting the man in this predicament, but he felt the pirate captain deserved it more then a Sith.

"Now, get this bucket of bolts into hyperspace. Let's go!" Nichos held control of the man's mind long enough, until he was sure they were going into hyperspace. The Jedi broke concentration and closed his eyes...

He was back in his own body now, facing Nobuo. He swiveled around to the viewport, and watched as the Interdictor Cruiser jumped into hyperspace, disappearing from sight. Nichos let out a small sigh of relief and got up. He walked to Nobuo and patted the Padawan on the back.

"You did good. Congratulations." Nichos smiled. "Now what do you say we get this thing moving to Yavin IV?"

Nobuo Hyde
Dec 16th, 2001, 07:16:33 PM
"Thank... You..." I had not known exactly what I had done, I merely followed what I had felt as right. The pirates had left but I still felt a slihgt dark stain.

"What do you say we get this thing moving to Yavin IV?" Nichos had stated.

"Yes, but first could you explain something to me? I want to know why I had felt dark tints around the men in that ship?

Nichos Marr
Dec 28th, 2001, 09:29:49 PM
Nichos nodded slightly, fully understand Nobuo's question. He had a good answer for it, one that made sense to him in retrospect. The Jedi Knight took a seat at the Captain's chair and raised his feet slightly. He put them on the dashboard and relaxed the tension in his muscles. He let the Force flow through him freely, pulling the right words out of his brain.

"The men on that ship were all pirates. I bet eighty percent of those people have killed at least one person in their lifetime." Nichos bowed his head slightly. "Their hearts are tinted with the dark side of the Force. It is somewhat of a blackness that envelops them. I know that none of them were Force adepts, but all of them were evil."

Nichos shifted from his position and pulled out a keyboard. He began to type in the proper coordinates that would take them to the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. His fingers moved quickly, but his eyes moved even quicker. They scanned across the screen of digits, verifying the correct coordinates were being input. The NavComputer itself did a similar verification before the ship entered Hyperspace. Nichos liked to think of himself as a fairly good Hyperspace navigational mapper. Hence, he did most of his pre-hyperspace checks.

"The Force has the ability to peer through one's soul and their very heart. If you are strong enough, you will feel the emotions vibrating off other beings. With time and training..."

Nichos pressed the enter button and patiently waited a few moments for the verification system to do its work. The light on the side of the NavComputer's screen turned from red to green. The color green was often used to signify the readiness of a machine.

"Here we go again. May the Force be with us, and guide us directly to Yavin IV."

The Jedi Knight's hand grasped the Hyperdrive initiation lever. He pushed forward with all of his might, and fell back into his seat. Soon Nobuo would experience proper training at Yavin IV...