I can't even tell, I can't even tell, I can't even tell
I'm out of here, out of here, out of here
I know, you know, I want to know how I feel
I can't tell, I know, you know, I'll tell you if it's real
It sounded like a bell, I can't even tell
I can't even tell.

<font size=4>Prologue

<font size=2>Dearest Mira

I regret to inform you that Avi will not be joining you and your mother this weekend. He bravely pursued a jewel thief to the lower levels of Coruscant. Two of his comrades tried to stop him, but he was determined on seeing justice served and catching that thief. When he did not return, we immediately began to suspect the worst of possibilities. A search party was sent to find him, but you know how impossible that can be in a planet wide city.

Your brother is dead, and I send my condolences. He was a brave young man with positive ideals and loyalty. Avi had the ability to progress in the Empire and was doing so. It pains me deeply to write you this letter. It must pain you to read it. There is a slight chance that Avi is still alive somewhere. If he is, I assure you we will find him.

Sincerly, Lieutenant Raven; Invisec Division

P.S. I would refrain from telling your mother any of this information. I heard she was very old and it could be hazardous to her health. On the other hand, she has a right to know. Use your own discretion. From what Avi told me, you're a smart girl. You will make the right choice.

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 15th, 2001, 05:59:33 PM
One day prior

<font size=1>Drip, Drip, Drip, Drip, Drip

<font size=2>The repeating dripping sound was that of the water, seeping through the cracks of buildings long since decayed. This particular lower level of Coruscant had once housed a bar. Now it was nothing more then a stink pit. Even a Hutt would cringe at the foul odours of rotting wood, ale, and even flesh.

To the side, 4 Corridor Ghouls marched through the backroom. Shortly before they had smelled and even sensed their prey. Not many ventured down this far into the depths of the city, even if they were trying to escape death. The consequences of getting lost in a low level of Coruscant were worse then death. Only few ever got back to civilization to tell about their "adventures" in the less respective levels.

The Ghouls had not lost their keen smell abilities. There was someone...or something in the broken down bar that probably didn't belong there. Even with their night vision abilities, the Ghouls could not exactly pinpoint the location of their prey. Was it above them? Or was it behind them? The creatures searched for two more minutes. Their hunt was not successful, so they left and paraded down what was once considered a street.

And the dripping continued...

<font size=1>Drip, Drip, Drip, Drip, Drip.

<font size=2>Finally, something in the shadows stirred. Only those with the best eyesight would recognize this as a side step. A cloak slowly unwrapped itself, revealing a man beneath. Of course by first look, one could not be sure if this dark figure was even human. Underneath the pitch-black mask he wore, he was a man. To everyone and everything else he was a shadow.

Underneath his cloak he wore a thick body-length robe that most likely covered armor, or even a weapon. A hood was draped over his mask, and now his cloak hung at his back. The Ghouls had long since departed and the human deemed it safe to move around as he wished.

He was silent, and once again only the sound of dripping could be heard.

Any sound made could attract unwanted presence such as even more Corridor Ghouls or a certain soldier that was seeking the man in the black mask. This soldier was of the military government known as the Empire. A government that many despised and saw it as tyrannical.

The dark man was known as Seth Darkserpent to his allies which were painstakingly few in number. To his enemies, well most didn't live to tell about him. He had often been referred to as the "Shadow man" or "Dark Figure". Not many knew his name. No one knew what he looked like, and he saw this as a minor advantage. Seth wasn't scarred underneath his mask, or deformed. His scars were all internal and his deformities were all mental.

Silently, he walked out of the remains of the bar and quietly slithered against the walls. The Stormtrooper in pursuit was not far. Although it was hidden beneath a glove of black terror, Seth held a dark pouch in his hand. One had to wonder what was inside the pouch, or even his reason for being pursued by the local authorities...

The plaque that read "Invisec Bank of Coruscant" stood at the side of the building. It was even visible from a block away. At the front, two Stormtroopers stood proudly, brandishing their blaster rifles. Their armor shone in the otherwise darkness that came with night. A noise from above made one of the soldiers glance upward. He silently tapped his partner and pointed to the sky with his free hand.

A troop carrier followed quite closely by two TIE Interceptors hovered high above the bank. It carefully descended to the roof, allowing the repulsorlifts to do their work. The two Interceptors also landed. Moving up above, two more starfighters appeared from behind a tower. They began to circle above, probably scouting the area for unwanted presence.

White Stormtroopers began to shuffle out of the carrier followed closely by a high-ranking lieutenant. He wore an olive green suit, polished black boots, and an olive green cap on his head. This man looked very...neat, as most militia men of high rank did. The troops assumed a bodyguard formation. Two in front, two behind and one at each side. They slowly guarded the man as he made his way toward the rooftop entrance of the 3 story building.

He was guarding something valuable, that much was visible. The two Stormtroopers at the building entrance were conversing with eachother. They were probably trying to guess what was so important about guarding this bank in the middle of the night. Did it matter? To one dark soul it did matter. He was cramped in a dark crevice, awaiting the arrival of the Liuetenant and his men. He had tracked the stone that they were carrying all the way to Coruscant. It didn't take long to obtain the necessary information and find out it was secretly being delivered to the Imperial Invisec Bank of Coruscant.

This man intended to relieve the Empire of a very expensive and rare jewel. It would be better used in his hands anyway. They did not know what kind of power it possessed.

Ever so quietly, he made his way toward the side of the building. Undoubtedly, there would be soldiers there too, but they were no match for the Dark Side of the Force.

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 15th, 2001, 11:01:20 PM
The two Stormtroopers were busy in conversation. They didn't even notice the stir in the shadows directly across from them. They held their blasters in both hands, but it didn't look like they were were interested in guarding the building. They suspected nothing would ever happen, especially on a surprisingly quiet night like this. Stupid fools.

The faint sound of jizz could be heard from outside as a band played music inside of the bank. The "32nd Annual Bank of Coruscant Ball" was being held that night. The crowd was mostly filled with humans, but Bothans, Twi'leks, and all other human-like sentients occupied the building as well. The ball was being held on the main level.

The dark figure, better known as Seth Darkserpent crept along the alleyway until he was only four meter from the Stormtroopers. The orange pupils that brought attention to his face, disappeared under black slits as he closed his eyes. He struck forward lightning fast and caught hold of two guards. Before they could react he smashed both of their heads together, knocking both unconscious, and probably causing more damage.

Both slumped to the ground. Seth followed their example as a TIE Interceptor passed overhead, surveying the building tops for unwanted presence. After the Interceptor passed, Seth stood up. He raised his head slightly to calculate the height seperating the ground and the rooftop. Taking a few steps back, Seth ran forward. His black boots pounded against the pavement, and then he jumped. Jumping well over 30 feet, Seth flipped onto his back and landed hard on the permacrete roof.

For a few moments he struggled to regain his breath. The accidental sideflip had knocked the wind out of him. He quickly scrambled to the roof door, leading to the lower levels. Speed was the most important element in completing his mission.

Seth forced the door open and stepped inside. He met a staircase leading down two flights. At the bottom he could see faint light and hear the crowd of sentients chattering amongst themselves. He slinked his way down the staircase, finally reaching the bottom. To his left, he would be entering the ballroom. To his right he would be entering a turbolift heading to the vault in the bowels of the bank...

...In the bowels of the bank Lieutenant Raven held the briefcase with pride. He was ordered by superiors to put it in the strongest of vaults. Raven believed the briefcase held a valuable jewel. Perhaps it had ties with the late Palpatine? He would love to find out.

<font size=4>CRRRSHHHH

<font size=2>The Lieutenant snapped his head to the left. A Stormtoroper ran into the turbolift room. Blaster fire could be heard, but then abruptly stopped.

"Emperor's Black Bones! Terrorists! They've come for the briefcase." Raven hissed. "MEN! OPEN FIRE!"

All of the Stormtroopers, save the two who were guarding Raven, charged the door. More blaster fire could be heard, but whatever had come through the turbolift, was strong. A wailing troop was hurtled back through the door, and hit the wall hard.

A dark figure appeared at the door. Tall, dark and gruesome could be used to describe this menacing figure. He wore gauntlets with sharp claws at the tip of each finger, followed by chain armor and a dark mask. In fact he looked quite ridiculous to Lieutant Raven. Of course the Lieutenant would never, ever voice his opinion.

"The briefcase." Darkserpent hissed.

"Men..." Raven whispered, causing both Stormtroopers to point their blaster rifles at Seth. The barrels of the rifles effortlessly bent as if an invisible force was bending them itself.

Raven fell backward, and grabbed the blaster at his belt. He shot at Seth twice. The dark figure swooped around and blocked both shots with his otherwise indestructable looking gauntlets. His eyes opened, revealing orange pupils, that seemed to have a dark hue about them. He stepped forward and flicked each to the side. Both Stormtroopers were lifted from their position and tossed like rag dolls.

Seth outstretched his left hand. As if magnetically attracted the briefcase flew into it. He nodded to Raven on the ground, the Lieutenants eyes were filled with helpless horror. Seth spun on his heel and darted back to the turbolift room.

Lieutenant Raven
Sep 16th, 2001, 12:14:11 PM
Lieutenant Raven took a moment to allow his thoughts to process. So much had happened in less then a minute. An unarmed (or so it seemed) burglar had known of the cargo transfer, broken into the bank and stolen it before it could be put in the vault. Raven had seen his kind before in holo-dramas. They were referred to as Jedi.

He pushed upward with his elbow length gloves and surveyed the chaos before him. Three of the Empire's Stormtroopers had been knocked unconscious. Quickly he sprinted to the turbolift room to find three more sprawled across the floor. Raven bent down and grabbed one of their blaster rifles. It was in good working condition. He charged it and ran to the turbolift.

A minute later he was running up the stairs followed closely by two Stormtroopers, both armed and ready. Raven would be heavily reprimanded if he allowed this animal to escape with the precious cargo. Just as he reached the last set of stairs, he saw a black cloak slide through the door heading to the roof.

"Stop right there!" Raven screamed and shot twice. Both shots hit the wall, leaving nasty dark marks.

The cool air of Coruscant's night climate instantly made him feel a little better as he exited the building. A wing of TIE Fighters were flying overhead, obviously looking for the thief. Of course, he was nowhere to be seen. The Stormtroopers behind Raven looked around and shrugged to eachother. The panting Lieutenant turned to the soldiers and raised a hand up.

"Avi...go...find...him." He said to the Stormtrooper on the left.

"Sir I do not know where he went."

"Fool! He fled to the lower levels," Raven pointed, "Now find him!"

"Uh, Sir. I don't thin--"

"THAT'S AN ORDER SOLDIER!" Raven shrieked.

"Yes sir..." The Stormtrooper ran back to the building and headed for the main floor.

Raven knew quite well that he was sending Avi to his death. Did it really matter? The boy was after all replacable. Raven didn't mind taking a few minutes out of his time to write Avi's family a letter regarding his death.

"Sir?" The other stormtrooper said.

"Let's go back to the base. We have reports to file and stories to tell." Raven replied. He gave one last look to the sky and walked off.

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 19th, 2001, 12:28:19 PM
It's quite funny how humans can always "feel" that they are being watched or followed. Some call it a subconscious sixth sense. Force users can access this "sixth sense" with ease and detect the life forms around them. Advanced Force users can even sense others feelings and thoughts. Some ask, is this a burden or a blessing? Do people want to know what others are thinking? More often then not, the answer is no. Although at one point in their life, human beings would give almost anything to know what others were thinking, both friend and foe.

Most humans were predictable to other foreign races. They often thought of their own well being unless trained otherwise. When in times of trouble both man and woman came together to help those less fortunate. Was it because they now had a reason to react? Normally a human wouldn't help someone on their own volition, unless they were raised to help others.

Emperor Palpatine thought of humans as the supreme race in the Galaxy. He viewed them as unmatched in both intelligence and endurance. Can a human trust another human? After all, Palpatine was slain by another human, twice.

These thoughts spun around Seth Darkserpent's head as he passed by homeless vagabonds, living in boxes and makeshift huts. He was trying to lose pursuit of a Stormtrooper that had been ordered to follow him. It was by sheer luck that the troop had spotted Darkserpent on his way to the turbolift. The Dark Jedi had hopes of luring him to the lower levels and then losing pursuit of him down there.

Why didn't he just kill the Stormtrooper and mail the Empire the bones? Darkserpent wasn't sure of what restrained him from doing so. Was it right to kill a fellow human being in cold blood? After all, this Stormtrooper was only doing his job. Seth could understand the pressure this man must undergo each day.

For a moment, Darkserpent reached out with the Force and caught a glimpse of the feelings that the Stormtrooper was experiencing. It was anger, mixed with self doubt. Unbeknownst to most, the men of the Empire that donned the white uniform had feelings and past lives. They weren't just robotic killing machines, conjured up by the Emperor's genious.

The not-so-silent whine of the turbolift surpassed the fabric that clung to his face and filled his eardrums. Level upon level swooped past as Darkserpent made the turbolift sink deeper into Coruscant's underworld. Soon the damp smell of garbage and excrement filled the air, much to Seth's displeasure. Why hadn't the Empire ever thought about cleaning up the lower levels a little bit? It wouldn't cost as much as it did to construct a fleet of Star Destroyers. Seth would never understand the mentality of the Empire's militia men.

...And then the turbolift came to a halt. Seth stepped out and into a puddle of green slime. Under his mask, he cringed at the thought of cleaning his boots afterward. A new idea came to mind that filled Seth with minor delight. He began to walk away from the turbolift and into what seemed to be an alleyway maze. Seth was sure that no Imperial or human for that matter would actually come down this far. By human standards, unpleasant was an understatement.

In the distance he heard a faint hiss that sounded much like that of a serpent. Seth knew it was a Corridor Ghoul, a creature that one did not to confront in the darkness of the Coruscant's underbelly.

Not surprising enough, Seth once again heard the sound of the turbolift being accessed. The Stormtrooper was undoubtedly following his example in hopes of confronting Seth and reclaiming the briefcase. Darkserpent wondered if this boy thought he actually stood a chance against a Dark Jedi? Or was he forced to pursue Seth by a heartless superior? Darkserpent could not risk anything. He used his telekinetic ability to open the briefcase. Inside he seized a ruby-colored jewel with a touch of pink at the bottom. Seth ripped off a piece of his cloak and wrapped the jewel up. The Dark Jedi proceeded to put it in a brown leather pouch that hung at his side.

After discarding the briefcase, Darkserpent fled deeper into the shadows. He had been quite used to this sort of environment, but the smell was a different story altogether.

He submerged out of the alleyway and into what was once considered a street. Quickly, Seth sprinted across the street and entered the nearest building. It looked to be a bar, and probably a good one in it's time. Now it was nothing more then a wreck followed by a pile of bricks, glass and wood. Seth entered the building through a toppled wall and pulled his cloak over him. He would wait for the Stormtrooper to appear.

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 19th, 2001, 03:37:24 PM
As Seth masked himself in the shadows and clung close to the slime-covered walls, he noticed a gleam of white armor in the darkness. The Stormtrooper had finally emerged from the abyss of the alleyway holding a glowrod. Seth observed slightly amused as the Empire's soldier looked both ways. Seth was hidden well among the darkness of the ruins.

A hand reached out and slightly tugged at a rock that went skitting across the ruins. This caused the Stormtrooper to turn around, blaster aimed and ready to kill. Seth could feel the fear festering in the back of this young man's mind. Behind that white helmet, it was ever so present and blatant. For a moment the Dark Jedi seeped into the soldier's thoughts and learned his name.

"Avi..." Seth whispered through the Force.

The Stormtrooper flinched and held his blaster up menacingly. He had clearly received the message, and now wondered what he was still doing here. Curiousity drove the boy onward. He took a few steps forward, making a slight sloshing sound as he stepped through puddles and excrement.

"Avi...have you ever lost anyone close to you?" Seth continued, not daring to use his mouth.

Once again the young Stormtrooper stopped dead in his tracks like a deer in headlights. Seth delved deeper into the young man's mind pulling up painful experiences. He wanted to have a little fun with the young man before he "set him free". Seth was met with a silent response.

"How did you feel when your father die--" Seth was cut off.

"Shut up!" The Stormtrooper finally wailed, giving into Seth's silent torture. "Get out of my head! Pleeease!"

The soldier dropped on one knee, and let go of his blaster rifle. The piece of metal began to make a clanking sound as it came in contact with another, probably ancient piece of metal. The young man tugged at his helmet and took it off. Underneath a sweaty man, no older then 20 had tears in the edges of his eyes.

He clenched his fists in rage and began to speak, "You choose to hide in shadows instead of showing yourself...Coward!" The man screeched.

This gave Seth enough reason to move. His cloak began to billow out of the shadows. Avi held up his glow rod to catch glimpse of the man.

"You will learn that...I am the shadow." Seth projected once again.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" The man bit his lower lip, holding back tears of anger. He felt helpless, alone and figured he was going to die. Seth fully submerged from the shadows giving Avi a full view of his towering and intimidating form.

"Not until you answer a few of MY questions." Darkserpent hissed.

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 24th, 2001, 02:55:08 AM
Were you forced here Avi? Forced here by a coward? Seth whispered into the young man's head.

"Ye-yes..." Avi choked out.

And what is that coward's name? The shadowcaster asked.

"Lieu-Lieute-Lieutenant Ra--ven."

Seth focused on abosrbing as much of Avi's thoughts as he could. This young man was strong, not just physically, but in the Force. With a little work, he could become mentally strong as well, which he lacked greatly. Seth asked himself, was this boy worth the effort? Seth decided to hold on making the decision as of yet. After all, he'd take pleasure in toying with the young man's mind.

Avi thought of the Lieutenant and clenched his fists in anger. At that moment, Seth received a vision of the Lieutenant and what he looked like. He was a man in his thirties, cleanly shaven and looked very annoying. The Dark Jedi instantly began to weave an illusion, and out of the shadows stepped Lieutenant Raven.

"Avi! You've failed to retrieve the jewels you worthless piece of excrement. Grand Moff Sevon will hear about this, you mark my words!" The Lieutenant screamed.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Avi sobbed as he picked up his blaster rifle and began to shoot at the Lieutenant. The bolts went right through the illusion and hit a pile of garbage, causing it to cave to the floor. Seth allowed himself a silent chuckle as he watched the boy unleash his anger on Raven. After Avi realized it was an illusion, he set the blaster down and slumped to the floor.

What do you want most Avi? Seth probed.

"HOME!" Avi shrieked.

Images of a city filled Seth's head as he delved deeper into Avi's mind. Pictures of a family and childhood memories flashed by. Seth's concentration was momentarily broken when Avi unexpectedly rose off the floor. The young man stared at Seth through the light of his glowstick. Finally he spoke, "Go to hell!" Avi lunged at Seth, but was stopped in mid air. The boy hung there, inches away from Darkserpent. As the masked puppeteer took a step back, Avi fell into a grime-filled puddle.

You have no choice, but to submit. Seth hissed.

"Submit to what?"

The...Dark Side of the Force.

"Wha-What?" Avi squinted as he looked up at Seth's shadowy figure.

Come with me Avi... Seth rose his left hand, and with it, Avi rose off the ground. Using the Force to hold Avi above the ground, Seth walked off into the shadows...

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 25th, 2001, 08:48:32 AM
Two Days Later; Corellia

Have you ever felt indestructable? At one point in your life, or another, I'm sure you have. Being something, and feeling like you are something are two different things. One definately holds some truth to it, while the other is rather debatable. Emperor Palpatine felt he was indestructable, and that was his downfall. He was slain by the hands of his apprentice that he had tutored and instructed in the ways of the dark. Indestructable was how Seth Darkserpent felt...

"I finally have the crystal of Shamu Rae..." Seth thought to himself as he examined the beautiful ruby red stone, under bright light examination. It had a lot of the same curves and marks that the actual crystal bore. Seth had three pictures, in no specific order, of the crystal of Shamu Rae. It was said to be used at the start of many Dark Side rituals on the planet of Ziost, which was once home to the old Sith Empire. Seth was damn near sure it would aid him in his quest to complete the full possession of his host and cure himself of insanity.

You cannot let this happen! YOU NEED ME! Sven hissed, trapped inside of his head.

His host's mind was well aware of what was going on, and didn't approve of it one bit. It would eventually lead to Sven's downfall, and he would have no more control over the Dark Jedi. At the moment, Sven had little control over his possessor's actions. He would have Seth crush the crystal, but it didn't seem to be working. The Dark Jedi was way too determined, and focused most of his powers on controlling any urges that tugged at the sides and confines of his mind.

"I need you as much as I need a Galaxy Gun pointed at my head." Seth hissed in reply.

He went back to examining the crystal and reading the several books that were tossled across his desk. Seth had secretly returned to Corellia. His access to the Sith Order's palace had allowed him to slip in undetected, and currently his presence was blocked from everything outside of his study. The books in his study proved to be useful when studying the crystal. He was well into an instructional book on Sith rituals. To the side of the book was a large piece of flimsy. Seth would stop for a few moments to jot down the instructions in step form. A datapad would have been much easier for that excercize, but Seth was old fashioned.

The ritual did not seem complicated at all. He would pick a secluded point in the forest to carry it out. The Dark Jedi did not want to draw attention to himself or notify anyone of his presence on Corellia. This was a matter between himself, and well...himself. He did not want anyone else involved, especially the Sith.

His orange pupils had considerably widened in the darkened atmosphere. He'd shut his examining light off, and read in darkness, using the moonlight to read and write the words of the thousand year old book. As he neared the end, Seth noted the script on one of the last few pages.

*Note* The Crystal of Shamu Rae was lost in the siege of Naga Sadow's decoy base. It has not been seen since.

Seth smiled at his own superiority. Using his unmatched skills he had tracked the jewel to Coruscant and now it was in his grasp. It provided the power that he needed to perform the ancient ritual that would correct his errors and strengthen him further in the Dark Side. Then Seth could return to his true goal and exact revenge on her.

"Leia..." He whispered. "I will stop at nothing to kill you, and then I can finally rest...yes peace..." Seth grinned. He had an agenda and only immediate death could stop him from achieveing every single goal on that agenda.

"That's it." He pocketed the jewel and grabbed both the book he was examining and the paper of flimsy he had written on. He put the paper in the book and closed it shut, grasping it tightly in his left hand. Using his free hand, Seth reached for his cloak and wrapped it around his body. He would have to flee to the woods, without causing any attention or waking anyone up. It was after all, a late hour. Sunrise would occur in four hours. The ritual was a two hour process.

Darkserpent closed the door behind him and paced down the halls at a steady, but silent pace. Nothing would stop him at this point. He had thought everything out too hard to be foiled, it just would not happen...Or would it?

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 26th, 2001, 05:29:32 PM
Seth was tempted to scream, extremely tempted to just use his fists and destroy everything he was capable of destroying. He had never felt so mad, or so wrong in either of his lives. Inside of his head he could hear a distant buzzing sound, and then the cackling laughter of his host. Frantically, Seth tried to pound his head, but it only made matters worse. His head felt like it was going to explode, and he could do nothing to stop it. He was forced to drop down on one knee, barely keeping his balance. Everything around him began to spin and change shape. He felt pain erupting from his pore in his body....

One Hour Before

Seth had high hopes when he arrived at the forest. He'd taken every step in his power to make sure no one had followed him, and it seemed that way. After a few minutes of scouting the area, and searching for life-forms through the Force, he couldn't find any large Force signatures. Carefully, he proceeded with setting up the ritual.

He set fire to a small group of logs, producing a normal flame. Seth placed the jewel at the top of a tall stick in the logs. To have this work correctly, the fire would have to reach the jewel. Then the jewel would begin to glow and transfer all of it's energy to Seth, allowing him to complete the ritual he had once started.

Carefully Seth tied the jewel to ensure it didn't fall in the flames. He reached into one of the many pouches that hung at his side and pulled out a flammable stimulant that would increase the fire's movement. He threw the powdered stimulant into the fire, and immediately it turned a shade of blue. The flame slowly began to trickle up the stick. Seth had quickly deposited of his armor, and now stood in front of the jewel, open chested. He began to chant a verse, over and over.

The flame reached the jewel and engulfed it. Seth closed his eyes and waited. Nothing happened. Seth opened his eyes, and noticed the jewel was being burnt by the flames, but not reacting as it should have been. Could it be possible, that this was not the Crystal of Shamu Rae, but a stunning look-alike? Seth dismissed that thought and quenched the fire, he would do it again.

Twenty minutes later he met the same results. Seth picked up the bucket of water he had collected from a nearby lake and threw it at the fire in an angered rage. After the water had destroyed the last of the flames, Seth drove his left foot right through the stick breaking it hard. He dove at the fallen crystal and picked it up. Clenched in his crystalline gauntlets, the Dark Jedi crushed it so hard, he almost pulled several muscles in his hand.

Present

And now Seth stood still, his body shaking with anger. He had managed to sustain a small amount of control over his bodily actions, but his head still ached. Why had he been so foolish? He had failed yet again, and now he suspected he would not have another chance to fail.

Shakily he reached out with his gauntlet and picked up his weapon belt. Seth drew out his sword, but dropped it. He couldn't put an end to his own misery, could he?

Again he bent down to pick up his sword and managed to grasp his weak hand over the edge. His chest was still without armor, and relatively unproctected. He turned the sword around and pointed it directly at his chest.

Seth...? SETH! DON'T DO IT! YOU'LL GET US BOTH KILLED! Sven screamed in the confines of his mind, just causing him to sob uncontrollably.

He slowly began to push the sword in, but then his hands went numb. Before the metallic object could pierce any more of his skin, it fell back to the ground, smacking him in the toe. This chain of events caused Seth to fall back. On the ground, he curled up and began to shake uncontrollably. His body felt numb, along with his mind and his nervous system. He couldn't feel anything at all...Perhaps Seth was dying due to an internal disease, both mental and physical?

As he tried to draw the Force to himself to protect himself, Seth felt all of his skin split apart. Was this truly happening? Was he hallucinating? Before he could find out, black spots filled his eyes. Eventually, the darkness consumed him...[/i]

Seth Darkserpent
Oct 6th, 2001, 05:44:43 PM
Seth Darkserpent awoke the next day in complete shock. Towering dark figures stood over him, observing him from high in the sky. The sky was not blue, but a blurry haze of different colors. As Seth's focus slightly returned, he classified the towering figures as trees. Unfortunately, there was still something wrong with his vision. Objects seemed larger, and their color schemes were warped and changed. Seth took a moment to wonder if he was still in a dream.

"Where am I?" He asked himself, trying hard to remember what had happened earlier.

Horrific pictures of fire and torment flashed before his eyes. The pictures made him wish he never remembered what he had attempted to do the night before. The jewel was not the crystal of Shamu Rae and he was not cured. In fact, Seth deemed himself worse then before. The sky above rapidly changed colors, and the trees and logs took on different shapes every time his eyes moved.

"Ne-e-need....c-c-cu-cure..." He coughed out. His vocal cords felt sore and bruised.

He was tempted to call out for help, remembering he had telekinetic abilities, but he couldn't focus enough on the Force. He remembered the healing technique Gav Mortis had taught him after his devastating fight with Jeseth and Viscera. The drawback to this technique was that it took two days to complete. Seth did not have two days, and needed to find something that could fully cure him, mentally and physically. Gav's technique would only cure his external wounds.

As he lay on the floor, he called up certain quotes from Jedi texts. The Jedi used the light side to preserve life and heal it. He didn't know any healing techniques like the Jedi did, and he had no way of contacting them.

"M-mm-must..."

A slight twitch in his leg shook off all of the insects that had crawled onto him. Or at least they looked like insects, Seth couldn't tell. Pain began to replace the numbness in his legs, causing him to yelp out in pain. His right arm shot out and instinctively grabbed hold of his right thigh. Seth tried to hold it, as if that method would subdue the pain, but it did not. He tried to block the pain out of his mind, a Jedi technique he was familiar with.

"T-too much!"

His right elbow moved back and dug into the soil. He tried to raise his back off the ground, and slightly managed to do so. He needed to get back on his feet, and find his way back to his ship. Seth knew he could not return to the Sith Order Palace in this weak state. He needed help that only a select group of beings could provide. If they could not provide help for his insanity, then nobody could...

Seth rolled onto his stomach and tried to push up, but his left arm didn't seem to be functioning. The green grass turned out to be a pale brown in his eyes. His gauntlet pushed through the soil in an attempt to push himself off the ground. Forcefully, he pushed his knees forward, and put himself in a kneeling position.

"The ship isn't far from here...I think." Seth thought to himself. He reached out and grabbed hold of a burnt log used the night before. He ripped off a branch and stuck it in the ground. Defying the pain in his legs, Seth pushed that branch down, raising his body from it's position. The Dark Jedi wished he could take his mask off, or throw his cloak aside, but he was restricted to using only one arm. He shook his head, only to feel more pain...

<center>***</center>

Since his departure from the forest, the Dark Jedi had managed to preserve himself long enough to make it to his stolen Muurian Transport Dark Power. Inside, Seth had crawled his way to the medical kits and apllied Bacta needles in both arms and legs. Soon after that, he had allowed himself to fall asleep on the ship's floor, being unable to move or think any longer.

Five hours later, he had awoken feeling considerably better. His joints seemed to function properly, save his left arm. He had managed to place it in a makeshift sling that only seemed to create more pain, but at least his arm was secured. Despite his numerous disabilities (along with his eyes, that still seemed to be disfunctional) Darkserpent took off his mask, cloak and armor. He dressed himself in a black robe, only worn once before. In his training with Gav, aboard the Sith Master's starship...What would Gav think of him now?

Seth, where are we going? His all too familiar host asked, causing Seth to twitch slightly.

As he usually did, Seth ignored the voice and took hold of the controls. His ship had a fake transponder, and he had prepared a back story that would allow him safe passage of Corellia. The Order's traffic control system was very curious, due to all the recent smugglers in the sector. The Order's Government was obviously concerned with putting a stop to smuggling and criminal activity.

Using only one hand, the Dark Jedi shakily brought his ship into the air, and at an approach vector that would take him out of the atmosphere. He had stolen this ship on Coruscant, and it hadn't been easy. 6 people were dead, stuffed in compartments somewhere in the back. Seth had not been fond of ending their lives, but it was necessary. After all, he never really used credits and couldn't buy himself a ticket to Corellia. The stealing method had proved to be much quicker.

"Unidentified shuttle, report your destination." The voice drilled into Seth's ears, stirring him from his deep thoughts.

"Shuttle Daybreak en-route to Kashyyyk." He lied.

"Purpose of destination?" The voice asked through the comm channel.

"Delivering supplies to Sith Order base 0904..." He paused momentarily, trying to remember the numbers, "6872."

"I was never notified of this." The voice growled.

Seth immediately pushed out his sphere of responsibility trying to feel this man in the Force. He kept on searching, and pushing out farther with his senses, and then he felt him. Using what he was taught in training, Seth locked on to that man's mind.

"You didn't need to be notified." Seth replied calmly.

"I...didn't...need to be notified." The man's voice seemed flat and emotionless.

"You will go to the refresher now..." Seth commanded.

"I will...go..."

Again, Darkserpent had wasted his power on such a useless being, but it had been necessary. His true destination was Arcan IV, a Jedi planet. He had obtained the coordinates off of an Information Broker on Coruscant weeks ago. He didn't think it would come in handy, but now here he was. It was hard to fly the ship and enter the coordinates into the navicomputer at the same time. Although difficult, he had managed to do it. A minute later the navicomputer light flashed green, and Seth used his elbow bone to nudge the control forward. The towering figure fell back in his seat, feeling weaker and more vulnerable then ever...

Seth Darkserpent
Oct 16th, 2001, 09:19:54 PM
Seth had felt considerably better, later that day. Upon entering hyperspace, he had proceeded to remove his armor, along with his weapons. The Dark Jedi gazed at them for nearly half an hour, before he locked them away in the ship's most secure storage compartment. Darkserpent had also removed his mask, and shaven his face. Whenever he looked at himself through the refresher's mirror, he felt the sense of unfamiliarity. He was staring at a face he had barely ever seen. That mask that he wore became a part of him, and now he'd simply thrown it away. The next article of clothing to go was the cape that clung to and covered his back. He hung it up near the entrance of the ship.

"Who am I?" He asked himself, staring at his reflection once again. Seth did not recognize the man that stood before him. No less then 29 years old, possibly 30. The orange pupils were slowly changing color, although he still could not see clearly. His vision portrayed a distorted view of colors, and didn't seem to be healing at all. Still he could clearly see his own reflection, and he had a hard time believing it. He wore a plain suit really. Black boots, black gloves, and black clothing from head to toe. No cloaks, no hoods, no armor.

His gloved black hand brushed past his cheek, where he had cut himself earlier. It seemed that he would have to practice on his shaving techniques, for he had accidentily cut himself just above the jaw bone. At least that would heal, Seth was sure of that. "External wounds can heal easily, but I wonder if the same can be said about internal wounds." His eyelids drooped down, and it was then he realized how tired he had become. Even though he'd gotten a fair amount of sleep, the Dark Jedi was still tired.

"Perhaps I've contracted a disease...Wait, I'm not that fortunate." For once he saw the vision of his own grimace. Seth turned away from his reflection and stared into the doorway. Beyond that was the cockpit. He heard a slight beeping sound, but suddenly had no care to check on it. His head slumped downward, to the floor. It was relatively clean, considering Seth did not care for such things as the well being of his ship. Chances are he would have a new ship by the end of the week. Seth tried to raise his head, and take a step forward toward the bridge, but he felt his body sink to the floor as well. He couldn't move anymore, he was too tired...Darkness consumed his distorted vision...

...Only to be woken up again two minutes later. His ship came out of Hyperspace with a jerk that sent him across the narrow refresher room. Banging the side of his head on the sink unit was enough to wake a Bantha up. His eyes fluttered open as he suddenly became aware of the situation around him. Seth hazily remembered the beeping sound that wrung in his ears. It was the navicomputer, notifying him that he would be converting back to real space soon.

Seth forced himself up and groggily rubbed both eyes. It felt weird to rub his eyes, rather wince or blink the exhaustion out. This was a new experience for him, yet he still felt more miserable then ever. The pain in his head had subsided, but Seth knew that it was only momentarily. Soon it would come back in full force, and he would experience the pain once more. Perhaps he could seek the proper help needed on this planet...

Static filled the comm unit as he flicked it on. Suddenly, someone replied, "Shuttle..." the traffic controller paused, probably receiving the ship's information from its transponder. "...Daybreak, what is your destination?"

The Dark Jedi began to panic. He did not know how to answer, and had not come up with a plan to get on the planet. How did the foolish denizens that landed here everyday gain access to Arcan IV? He was not so sure, but would have to think of something quick.

Seth, why don't you take control of his mind? Like you did to that other hapless bloke! Sven replied eagerly.

Unfortunately, as he oftenly did, Sven provided useless advice. Seth could barely focus on flying his shuttle properly, let alone use the Force. The patrons below would probably sense it anyway. Seth didn't want to cause panic. Quickly, he made up an excuse to provide the traffic controller with, "I am picking up a family member to transport them to the Hydroponics University of Kuat."

He was met with a long pause. "Access granted, use Docking Bay 111."

Without another word spoken, Seth headed straight for the planet. Arcan IV didn't look much different then Corellia. It had populated cities, and grassy landscapes. Although Seth could not feel it, he heard the temperature was moderate. Most importantly, it housed a bar and grill belonging to the Jedi. Seth hadn't encountered one in quite a while. He didn't think he would meet any recognizable ones at the bar. He had hoped not anyway. They could not see him in this state, in this weak state.

Seth's condition had changed from moderate to worse as soon as he exited the transport. He began to feel the pain in his head again, the feeling of needed release. He clenched both fists, and began to hurry toward the nearest Air taxi. It swooped by the platform, and shakily he boarded it. A human stared at him before taking off, obviously waiting for a response.

"Bar and Grill." Seth gasped, choking on his words. He suddenly did not feel good at all.

"That'll be seventy four credits." The man replied.

Seth forked out eighty nine credits and passed them to the man. In his current state, he couldn't tell the difference. To him, the sum looked right. Immediately, the man took the money and pocketed it. He began to take the controls of the air taxi cab again, flying it throughout the small city. This city was small, but not unimpressive. If Seth weren't on the verge of fainting from pain, he would be enjoying the ride.

Finally they stopped before the bar and grill. Seth reluctantly climbed out of the air taxi cab, which was now grounded. As soon as the taxi cab left, Seth began to stumble toward the Bar door. A couple of Rodians appeared behind him, and passed him. There was something about them that simply angered Seth. One had almost knocked him to the floor when he passed. The Dark Jedi began to feel anger, along with his headache. He raised a clenched fist and gritted his teeth. Seth opened his fist and pushed forward, and the Rodian that had knocked him over, flew into the outer wall, missing the door completely.

The Dark Jedi stood up straight, feeling the adrenaline rush into his body. It filled his muscles, and took away most of the pain, but not the anger. The other Rodian turned and stared at him in horror. Evidentily the creature was unarmed. He looked confused, and didn't understand why or how this man attacked his friend.

Seth bit his lower lip and stretched that same hand to it's capacity. He thought of his condition, his weak condition. "It's this Rodian's fault that I am weak!" Seth's accusations were absurd, but he did not care. A small blue bolt, only a centimeter wide erupted from his finger tips, and struck the Rodian. Although unpowerful, it was enough to make the creature stagger and drop to it's knees.

"Green skinned fools!" Both of Seth's hands faced upward, and they felt extremely hot. He needed to hit something, hard. Quickly Seth bounded toward the Rodian that struck that wall. The creature was on the floor, whimpering. The Dark Jedi stopped above it, ready to attack in a maddened rage.

Warren Azalin
Oct 19th, 2001, 02:49:38 AM
"Didn't your mom ever teach you some manners?"

The Bar and Grill went silent as one of the larger patron's pushed his seat back and looked on at the enraged man. Most knew the man by appearance, if not alone by name, but here and now that mattered not.

"Well? Cat got your tongue?"

He could see this new guy was mad, maybe even insane, but whatever he was that gave him no right to hurt others, especially those in the Bar. Something was strange about the man though, something Warren could not place his finer on. Whatever it was it would have to wait for later though.

"Hello?"

The man still did not listen as he turned his attention back towards the fallen Rodian, ready to strike a killing blow. That was enough for the Jedi to handle. In one swift motion he left his seat as he ran towards the man, putting himself between the stranger and the Rodian... pain followed soon after. In a foolish attempt to save another Warren had endangered himself by taking the blow, and what a blow it had been. The mere ferocity of the attack had sent him crashing into the wall, sending cracks down the wall but leaving Warren's inside's firmly in place.

"I don't know who you are, or what that was for but I think you just bit off more then you can chew."

It didn't seem like the man was listening but then again that's what Warren had been hoping for. He let out a quick jab towards the mans midsection, but somehow he was quick to grab his fist before it could even connect. That was no big deal as Warren leaped forward slamming his knee into the mans groin. He leaned forward slowly, not taking much notice of the pain.

"What is wrong with this guy?"

Without Warning, Warren let his wings free. Darkness quickly overcame the two beings as Warren's wings engulfed him and the Stranger...

"The game ends now.."

He released his hold on Seth as his wings pulled themselves back and threw the mysterious man across the Bar, with as much Force as Warren could use without killing him. This had indeed been an interesting day so far, not exactly what he has expected when he woke up that morning....

20 Minutes Ago

"Sure Hon, I'll be back in a while. Take Care."

With that said he closed the door behind him slowly and swiftly, as he had done many times before. It seemed Amalia had needed some rest and he was going to give her some, after all what else could he do as a loving husband? Not much as from what he saw, but the point was he needed to get out any ways and it had been awhile since he had last seen the Bar and Grill, much less stayed for awhile there. So he had made up his mind, to the Bar it was.

Moments later Warren was sitting alone at one of the corner table sipping on some week old Corellian Whiskey. It wasn't as strong as he had hoped, but it did the job when he wanted to get away, and right now was one of those times...

Minutes passed as he let his mind drift, wondering what was going on in other parts of the universe, wondering if there was anywhere he was needed. Then again it seemed Lady Luck had a sense of humor as a cold chill passed into the Bar. Looking up from his drink he noticed what seemed to be a man stumbling into the Bar. The man stood out even though he was only wearing plain black clothing, at least from where Warren could see. That's what had started all this, that one man. Well him and the Rodian's that had seemingly bumped into him. From there it was all downhill. He had to do something about it, and he had to do it now....

Present

"Someone check on him."

It seemed like an almost hollow order as those around him stood wondering just what had happened. Truth be told not even Warren knew what had happened. Yet slowly one of the younger padawans, he didn't know his name but he had seen him around, gathered the courage to go check on Seth. Only after he noticed him breathing did he turn back to the Jedi.

"He's alive Sir."

Warren smiled to himself as he pulled off what was left of his torn robes. It seemed this man had some questions to answer.

"Excellent, in time we shall know just what's wrong with him..."

Seth Darkserpent
Oct 20th, 2001, 11:08:44 AM
"Go to hell!" The man cried, and raised his right hand up. The black glove clamped tightly onto Warren Azalin's neck, the fingers curled around and held. Seth Darkserpent's eyes shone with a murderous rage, and were beginning to turn orange again, as they had once been. Seth felt his vision slowly return, and felt things begin to take shape, again. But then, he felt something else. The feeling was almost like being thrown and trapped in a bin full of ice cubes. His body shivered, and the arm that once clenched onto Warren's neck for dear life had retreated. It slammed into the wooden floor hard, and the pain shot up.

Above him he faintly stared at the surroundings, squinting for focus. His eyes felt as if they were splitting apart. The people before him were splitting into two figures, and then three. The faint light above him shone a bright hue, but even that began to sway from side to side. Seth clamped his eyes shut with great difficulty. They felt sore, and pained him every time he moved them. The Dark Jedi's head drooped to the side, which caused his cheek bone to slam into the cold floor. It was relatively clean, but cold, it felt cold. This whole place was beginning to feel very cold. The cold one longed for after spending a week near a volcano.

Seth felt the surge of energy again, but this time he had pin pointed it. It took the form of a human, outlining the human in his head. It was the young man that had jumped before him to save the life of the weakening Rodian. Although Seth didn't pay much attention to the foolish patron, he did get a clear view of him. This man had wings, like another being Seth was very familiar with. That being was none other then the infamous Jeseth Cloak. The thoughts of Jeseth, reminded him of the training he had endured for so long. Had he caused it all to go to waste? Seth pushed aside the pain, and wondered what Jeseth was doing at the moment.

Moments later, Seth's eyes flashed open. The light that emanated from the lighting unit above them stabbed into Seth's eyes, causing him to shield them with his free hand. Seth's left arm was slowly and painfully recovering from the numbness. It felt as if a thousand tiny needles were pricking the skin, simultaneously. It took his sensitive optical organs two full minutes to adjust to the light. In those minutes, Seth overcame a fit of nausea, and the overbearing temptation to launch himself at this man before him. Although something unexplainable prevented him from harming the winged man. It was certainly not the Dark Side of the Force, for whatever little grasp he had on it, seemed to be forcing him to attack something.

"Y--y--you!" Seth cried out whilst gasping for air, as if there was some kind of oxygen shortage in the room. Jeseth had never told him of having a brother, or a relative. In fact, Jeseth had barely ever told him anything about himself. That didn't discount the fact that Seth had been interested. Usually when something interested Seth, he used all of the resources avaliable (which were not many) to collecting information. Jeseth was from a backwater planet known as Ambriel II. Perhaps this winged creature was from that planet as well.

Seth's first spoken word definately got the winged man's attention, because he turned as soon the stuttered word escaped Seth's mouth. He stared at Seth, probably trying to solve this enigma. Darkserpent knew what this man was, but it had taken him a while to figure it out. He was undoubtedly a Jedi Knight, or perhaps even a Jedi Master. Why else would he have risked himself for the Rodian? How else could he have subdued Seth? Darkserpent had also felt the cold energy from him. Perhaps he was related to Jeseth then? Seth would probably never know, so he left the thought alone.

Weakly he rose his arm up and grasped the Jedi by the collar, who was crouched down. "Yo-you..." Seth coughed rather loudly. "...m-mu-musssssst hel-help."He stammered with as much energy as he could muster. It seemed that Warren had a bit of difficulty understanding what this man was trying to say. Nevertheless Seth continued, "Neeeeed J-Je-Jed-Jedi!"

Darkserpent closed his eyes and began to focus on the life energies he felt around him. Emotions of worry emanated off two life forms in the back of the bar and grill. Seth also felt fear, and a small amount of anger rolling off the Rodians he had just attacked. Anger, worry, fear, all of these emotions were just the right keys to unlock the temptation of the Dark Side. As he focused to sense on the lifeforms around him, he felt serenity, calmness and wonderment. Seth Darkserpent hadn't experienced these or even felt these feelings for an awfully long time. The few Padawans and onlookers that were staring at him from a close distant began to back up.

Seth flipped over onto his belly, and pushed up off the ground. His knees crouched up as he used them to support his body. Seth raised a hand up toward Warren, "He--help?"

Suddenly, Seth felt a surge of anger rise in his blood. As Warren extended his hand to help Seth up, it was smacked away. The Dark Jedi raised up both hands and clenched them into fists. His neck bone extended and his face began to turn red. Although it could not be seen, veins were revealing themselves all along Seth's arm. The Dark Side seemed to be taking over now. It didn't take Seth long to realize what would happen to him if the Dark Side fully consumed him. He'd heard stories of initiates being consumed by the Dark Side. They were literally burnt to death, inside and out.

Seth was knocked back onto a bar and grill table. As soon as he crashed into the table, the legs snapped off, and Seth along with the table crashed to the ground. He winced, wondering what had hit him so hard. Seth began to experience stomach wrenching pains in his right hand. He clenched and unclenched, trying to drive the pain away. Seth could feel the anger level rising in himself again.

He forced himself up again, a bit stunned by the collision with the table. "Ne--need..."

<font size=5>"I NEED TO SEE A JEDI MASTER!"<font size=2>

Seth demanded the statement in such a loud tone, he'd been taken aback a little. He stumbled a few steps back, and then fell down on one knee. His pale face gazed up at Warren, who also seemed surprise by this sudden outburst. A feral stare slightly appeared on Seth's face. He raised a fist, almost threateningly and slammed it down into the ground. Most surprsingly, he spoke to Warren, staring him down with his eyes, "Did you not hear me you feathered idiot? I need to see a Jedi Master."

Seth rose up on both feet, "IMMEDIATELY!" The shout echoed through the now silent Bar and Grill. Most of the non-force using patrons were filing out one by one. Seth payed no attention to them. He had finally gained control of himself, and he planned to take full advantage of that fact.

Warren Azalin
Oct 23rd, 2001, 05:16:42 PM
"How the Hell do I get myself into these situation?" was the question running through the Jedi's mind at the moment. Well, that and just what the Frell was this man on? One moment he seemed alright, the next he was a raving lunatic. A combination that mad Warren weary of getting to close to this Nut Job....

"I NEED TO SEE A JEDI MASTER!"

Did this man know of anyway to talk other then screaming? Or was that just one of his many charming personality traits?

"Did you not hear me you feathered idiot? I need to see a Jedi Master."

Nevermind, it seemed insults were up on the personality chart right next to the screaming. Personally Warren didn't know what was next. All he knew was that this man was either insane, drunk, or coming down with what seemed to be a bad case of Turret syndrome. Whatever it was this man was bad for business, after all a crazy man in a bar kinda made you think twice about just what you were drinking.

"Listen buddy. I suggest you sit down, shut up, and think about what the Frell your talking about before I report your ass to the New Republic."

It seemed nothing the Jedi said even fazed the stranger, seemed the only two words he would understand was Jedi and Master, two words Warren was weary of using.

"Neeeeed J-Je-Jed-Jedi!"

It seemed this man had only one thing on his mind, and frankly it was something that made Warren think. Why would a drunk demand to see the Jedi, much less make so much of a big deal over it. Not even Sith had this type of..... wait a minute... Sith? It was something that got Warren thinking. Something was strange about this man, and he wasn't talking about how he acted or even how he looked. Before this man had struck Warren with such Force, yet somehow Warren could feel nothing emanating from this man, something else that made him wonder...

"Ok I'll ask you on Question."

It was one he needed answered before he would say much more to the man..

"Why? Why do you need the Jedi?"

Warren did not so much as ask, more like demanded, and during this time he lowered his hand towards his saber, just in case of a worst case scenario.

Seth Darkserpent
Oct 23rd, 2001, 08:13:48 PM
"You...You are one of them." Seth emphasized the remark by extending his hand and clenching his fist in a tight ball. "I can feel it." Darkserpent hissed the word "feel" out as he pronounced it carefully, but confidently.

Seth felt the anger again. Although this time he was the dominant power, at leas that was what he thought. His fist still hung out straight, just a meter away from Azalin. The black glove that covered it clung tightly to every single piece of skin on Seth's hand. Although, at the end of each fingertip, the material seemed to be ripping itself apart, as if it were charged by some mysterious force. Seth's veins began to pop out, evidently visible through the glove. Holes began to form, as sparks assumed the form of small flames when contacting with the material. Seth unclenched his hands, and curled each finger upward. Small electric charges began to jump back and forth through his skin, causing him to shiver. From a spectator's point of view, they seemed like worms of light, jumping out of the skin, and then burrowing back in.

Surprisingly enough, Seth lunged at Warren and caught him off guard. The same open fist that had just produced small amounts of electricity struck Warren across the face in a backhand move. The Jedi fell back on one knee, but was quickly knocked to the ground by the towering Seth that toppled into him. The Dark figure was well over seven feet, compared to Warren who dwelled in his shadow. His bodily force was more then enough to make both of them tower over.

The Dark Jedi slithered away quickly, and used a bar stool to stand himself up properly. Before Warren could get up and retaliate, Seth raised up both hands in a sign of surrender. A frown that creased the fold lines in his forehead appeared. His face began to sprout red at the cheeks, as he rapidly spoke.

"Forgive me, guardian of the Light! I am in little control over these dark urges that fill my soul with torment!" Seth cried, aloud. Only the bartender, and a few curious patrons still roamed in the back areas of the Bar and Grill. Seth wanted them out, and felt the urge to do that himself. A glance at his bruised hand, made him forget that urge. Still, he stared directly at the group of bystanders, wide eyed. Having a man with bright orange pupils emanate a wide eyed stare would be enough to give any one the shivers. Seth did not have to tell them, they understood his evident body language. They quickly sprinted for the door, one behind the other. Even the bartender disappeared into the back room.

For the first time in a long time, Yog's Bar and Grill was empty, save for Seth Darkserpent and Warren Azalin. Would a fight occur? Not if Seth had anything to do about it. He did not want to strike Warren again. Now as the Jedi slowly got up, and kept his distance from Seth, the Dark Jedi wished he hadn't struck him. It would be hard gaining enough of Azalin's trust to have him bring Seth a Jedi planet.

Just take control of him Seth, Sven suggested.

Totally ignoring his "voice" Seth continued, "I am the one you confronted long ago, yet you do not and should not remember me." Seth projected an image of his graveyard battle with Gaven Antilles into Warren's mind. That day he had captured Gaven, and pushed Warren into a grave, stalling him. Of course, Seth was wearing a mask, and armor then. Not to mention that took place over a year ago.

"I do not own this body. I was forced to possess it, in order to preserve my own life essence. Do you know what it is like to have two different sets of thinking patterns? Or momentarily lose control over my own bodily functions? The host of this body continues to torment me, all because I lacked the power I needed." Warren looked utterly confused.

"When I took possession of this human host, I did not have enough power to achieve full possession. Since then, I have barely been able to grasp control, or think coherantly. The same Dark Force that provided me with this supposed new lease on life cannot help me correct my error. And because of this error, I am suffering both mentally and physically. It is killing me, son of Ambriel II.

"I have tried, and took counsel from others who were skilled in the dark arts. The conclusion remains the same, no matter what I do. Now here I find myself, in a desperate attempt to save my soul. I need the help of a Jedi Master. I am positive if they cannot help me, I cannot be helped. That is why I request the audience with a Jedi Master so desperately. As you can see, I am unarmed, and willing to open myself to the Force."

Seth dropped to one knee in a solid bow. He gazed up at the Jedi with both hands. "I do not expect you to trust me, but I need help." He opened himself up to the Force. Immediately, Warren's mind was filled with thoughts of hatred, and darkness emanating off of Seth. There was something else there as well, torment and conflict. The experience was like smashing open a power converter filled with electric energy. It was unleashed from it's cage, and it soon spread.

"If you are to bring me to a Master inside of an energy cage, full of ysalamiri, I will go willingly. Just p--ple--please....he--help!" Seth's fists clenched tightly, as he began to push back the urge to cause more pain. He needed help, but would this Jedi help him? "I-I d--do not l-l--lie to you!"

Warren Azalin
Oct 23rd, 2001, 09:47:15 PM
Visions of Hatred, Evil, and Darkness filled the Jedi's mind as Seth let it all upon him, unrelenting and yet finished in moments. It took Warren a moment to purge the evil from his mind, as he looked on at the man before him. Now knowing full well who he was....

Seth Darkserpent

"If you are to bring me to a Master inside of an energy cage, full of ysalamiri, I will go willingly. Just p--ple--please....he--help!"

"I-I d--do not l-l--lie to you!"

"I never said you were lying, Seth...."

Warren took a moment to straighten himself out as he looked on at Seth once again. It had taken some time, but Warren knew the newcomer seemed oddly familiar, and if the rumors were true Seth would be a bigger problem then he first thought.

"Tell me something Seth? How did you know about Ambriel II, because I have never mentioned that place to anyone. Plus I am from Ambrelia, and then grew up on Talus... So tell me Seth, how's Jeseth.."

Warren knew that much of the rumor's had to be true, at least the part about Seth being on of The Black Hand, a Dark Jedi. How else would he know Jeseth? Or about Ambriel II? It didn't matter much because something was wrong with Seth. Why else would he be here at the Bar and Grill, asking to meet Jedi Masters, instead of trying to slaughter and Maim, which Dark Jedi seemed to enjoy deeply.

"Why a Jedi Master? Why not a Jedi in general?"

It took only a few moments before Seth began to tell his story once again, his story about why he so desperately needed a Master.

"I do not own this body. I was forced to possess it, in order to preserve my own life essence. Do you know what it is like to have two different sets of thinking patterns? Or momentarily lose control over my own bodily functions? The host of this body continues to torment me, all because I lacked the power I needed."

"When I took possession of this human host, I did not have enough power to achieve full possession. Since then, I have barely been able to grasp control, or think coherently. The same Dark Force that provided me with this supposed new lease on life cannot help me correct my error. And because of this error, I am suffering both mentally and physically. It is killing me, son of Ambriel II."

"I have tried, and took counsel from others who were skilled in the dark arts. The conclusion remains the same, no matter what I do. Now here I find myself, in a desperate attempt to save my soul. I need the help of a Jedi Master. I am positive if they cannot help me, I cannot be helped. That is why I request the audience with a Jedi Master so desperately. As you can see, I am unarmed, and willing to open myself to the Force."

"What if I refuse Seth? What would you do? Would you kill those around me until I agree? Or would you merely go deeper and deeper into your Madness? I have nothing more then your word to go on my Dark friend, and I have been betrayed more times then I can count. I have the Light and I can call on it to stop you any time I want, my only problem is twofold.

1: What would you do once you meet the Jedi?
2: And what of your knowledge of our base? Would you call on your dark friends on us if I showed you the way?"

Warren crossed his arms in front of his chest, letting his wings fall over his shoulders.

"So Seth, what do you say?"

Seth Darkserpent
Oct 24th, 2001, 07:40:46 PM
Seth rose off the floor, not caring to dust off his kneecaps and the dust that now clung on to each leg. This Jedi was beginning to tire him, with his repetitive questions. Seth needed someone that could understand him and respond accordingly. This Jedi reminded him of Sil'Klo, a Jedi Knight of old. Darkserpent had read about him whilst studying the Jedi at Ossus. Another had been there as well...

...Sage Hazzard. Seth informed the Jedi Master that he was not at Ossus to cause trouble, only to expand his knowledge. Seth had learned more about the Jedi that day, then any book could ever tell him. Sage Hazzard was different then Sil'Klo and the Jedi with wings. Hazzard was a serious man, with goals and hopes for a bright future. In a way, Seth admired his determination and devotion to the Light Side of the Force.

If only I would have asked for his assistance then. Perhaps he could have helped me. Seth raised his head, and stared straight into the Jedi's eyes. He could not resist the temptation to creep into Warren's unguarded mind. Seth did just that, but only for a moment. A picture of a female flashed through the Dark Jedi's head, one that struck Seth with that old feel of familiarity. By probing his mind for just a moment, Seth had learned his name, and the name of another that was in his thoughts.

Warren Azalin, and Amalia Azalin. His wife I suppose. I wonder how I should respond to his question about Jeseth...Perhaps I revealed too much information to the Jedi Knight. Jeseth will be most displeased if he ever found out that I have spoken with one of his kind. One can only wonder if they are related...

"I do not know a Jeseth..." Seth lied. He did not care if the Jedi dectected the lie. The question was rather irrelevant at the time. Darkserpent had more important things to focus on, rather lie to a Jedi about Jeseth Cloak. This Jedi may have a premonition that I am a member of the Black Hand. He cannot confirm that, and at this point neither can I. Seth bowed his head low. What would the Dark Jedi have to say about this? How would they stare upon him now, in this weak state?

The Jedi continued, "What if I refuse Seth? What would you do? Would you kill those around me until I agree? Or would you merely go deeper and deeper into your Madness? I have nothing more then your word to go on my Dark friend, and I have been betrayed more times then I can count. I have the Light and I can call on it to stop you any time I want, my only problem is twofold. Then Warren had asked him two questions;

1: What would you do once you meet the Jedi?
2: And what of your knowledge of our base? Would you call on your dark friends on us if I showed you the way?"

The Jedi finished off with, "So Seth, what do you say?"

Seth raised up a hand, ordering the Jedi to stop speaking for a moment. He cleared his throat, and began to answer the questions that seemed more like accusations. "I will do what I must do. You clearly stereotype me with those who follow the same path as I do. I do not kill without reason, and your Light Side of the Force does not pose a threat to me. Quite the contrary, dear Warren. I believe it is my only saving grace left in this Galaxy."

Warren Azalin had questioned the authenticity of his promises. Although such was expected, Seth was not prepared to answer that question. How would he prove himself? At first he had thoughts of taking total control of the Jedi's mind. Although if he failed, this Jedi would dismiss him, rather help him. Seth raised a gloved hand to his face, and used his finger to caress the side of his light brown eyebrow, slightly fixing it.

"I will not, and probably cannot make you trust me. I do not want you to trust me either. I need you to trust me. I know much about the Jedi and their strict code. You are obligated to help those in need of desperate help, no matter what the cost. If you fail to do so, you are still doing your job. If you choose not to do so, then you are disregarding the rules and regulations set by the Jedi Masters of old. You may choose what you want to do, I cannot force you." Seth sighed and continued, "When I meet the Jedi, I suppose I would treat them with the same calmness I am treating you with here and now. If I lose control of myself, I cannot be accounted for that. I hold nothing against your people...except for her!"

Seth actually produced a hissing sound full of hatred as a picture of Leia Solo flashed through his head. If he were to see her at Yavin IV, he would immediately attack. Not even his common sense could stop him from exacting revenge on that murderous Jedi. Warren caught the picture of Leia Solo, flashing through Seth's mind. Unbeknownst to most, she was one of the main factors that had him cling to the Dark Side so avidly. After all, it was her that ruined his life, and defected him.

"If you keep me away from her, I will behave as you wish." Seth focused on the last question Warren had asked him. It dealt with the location of their base. "Fool, I could have easily obtained the location of the Jedi's homeworld from my Ma-from larger powers at work. The Dark Side can stretch to the farthest reaches of the Galaxy, as long as it remains an essential part of the Force. I imagine the Jedi homeworld, whatever it may be is heavily armed. If I were to go there myself, and the Jedi were to discover my devotion to dark, I would not survive."

"Believe me," He said coldly, "If I, or any of my comrades wished for the Jedi to be exposed, it would have been done so. That is more then enough you need to know." And with that, Seth blocked Warren's presence from the confines of his mind. Perhaps the Jedi would get ideas to probe further, and unmask information that needed to be kept secret. Seth would not allow this to happen.

"That, Warren Azalin of Ambrelia, is what I have to say." He awaited a response from the winged man. If he agreed to Seth's reason-filled request, then the Dark Jedi would go directly to his ship with him. He resolved he would leave his ship and armor here. After all, who would look for Sith artifacts on a planet filled with Jedi and Jedi friendly sentients?

Warren Azalin
Oct 27th, 2001, 09:00:47 PM
"You do indeed have a way with words do you not? Twisting me own words against me, turning all I say into a foul lie of what I mean......"

Walking slowly towards Seth, Warren smiled. It seemed this man had a way to twist things, a way to make himself so sure of what he spoke of. Almost like he believed every word he said, but then again in his madness what could he believe?

"I will do what I must do. You clearly stereotype me with those who follow the same path as I do. I do not kill without reason, and your Light Side of the Force does not pose a threat to me. Quite the contrary, dear Warren. I believe it is my only saving grace left in this Galaxy."

Warren let a small chuckles escape him as he looked at Seth. Seemed it was time to set things straight.

"Why do you think I stereotype you Seth? Is it because it's what works for you? What makes you believe I am treating you like all other Darksiders? Well how bout some little knowledge, might help you understand a little. My Ex-Wife, she was a Sith. I use the term was loosely because she's now dead. So I have seen the Dark before, I know there is some good in all of those of the Dark, I am one of the least likely to ever stereotype your kind. You see Seth I know more then you think, remember I asked about Jeseth?"

Warren could tell the man had been lying when he said he had never known a Jeseth, this man was lying to hide the Truth, and Warren knew that.

"Jeseth is my brother, or more specifically my Half-Brother. You see Seth I have my own Flesh and Blood dealing in the Dark as well, and I shall not even begin to mention my real family."

Thoughts of Bennison, Abaddon and his own Father roamed through his head, all in visions of violence and hatred. All in the fields they best served in, Death and Terror, what a great Family trait. Warren was all to glad to be the Black Sheep of this family.

"As for my Light being a threat to you, that is your words not mine. I said I would use the Force if needed to stop you, for it is a tool and I it's Master. Jedi do not threaten, and more to the point neither do I. As for your saying I might be your only saving grace in the Galaxy I thank you, but leave that till after you are finished with your Mission"

"I will not, and probably cannot make you trust me. I do not want you to trust me either. I need you to trust me. I know much about the Jedi and their strict code. You are obligated to help those in need of desperate help, no matter what the cost. If you fail to do so, you are still doing your job. If you choose not to do so, then you are disregarding the rules and regulations set by the Jedi Masters of old. You may choose what you want to do, I cannot force you."

"I cannot and will not argue with you there Seth, the Jedi do have a strict code. One that we all do and should follow, but nowhere in there does it say we must let ourselves be used as bait. You see Seth helping you is no problem, the only problem is leaving my life, and by that right my livelihood in your hands. I can Trust you, and I will, but if anything happens to me Seth you shall not live long enough to enjoy it. I know that from my wife and soon to be children you see, while I would do nothing and cannot should that happen your fate is in their hands."

"When I meet the Jedi, I suppose I would treat them with the same calmness I am treating you with here and now. If I lose control of myself, I cannot be accounted for that. I hold nothing against your people...except for her!"

Seth seemed to hiss out in hatred at the mead mention of a her, it was this that puzzled Warren. Who could possible bring to much pain, so much anger and hatred to Seth? In wonder Warren searched for answers in Seth, and only saw..... Leia? How? How could the Jedi that was once his Master bring so much pain to one such as Seth? It didn't matter, all that mattered was Warren would have to try and keep Leia away from Seth, else face the consequences of his anger.

"If you keep me away from her, I will behave as you wish."

Warren only nodded in approval, as if saying he understood. Seth still had but to answer one of his questions though, and yet it was one of the most important.

"Fool, I could have easily obtained the location of the Jedi's HomeWorld from my Ma-from larger powers at work. The Dark Side can stretch to the farthest reaches of the Galaxy, as long as it remains an essential part of the Force. I imagine the Jedi HomeWorld, whatever it may be is heavily armed. If I were to go there myself, and the Jedi were to discover my devotion to dark, I would not survive."

"Believe me, If I, or any of my comrades wished for the Jedi to be exposed, it would have been done so. That is more then enough you need to know."

"That, Warren Azalin of Ambrelia, is what I have to say."

It seemed Seth had indeed spoken his mind, and answered all of the Jedi's answers truthfully, no matter how hard it had been for him...

"I have already said enough Seth.... I shall help you. For it is the Jedi way to do so. Wait here and let me say my goodbyes to my wife, for if I say nothing to her she can be worse then a Sith on a bad day, and then you would be the very least of my problems you see."

Warren smiled as he walked out of the Bar and Grill leaving Seth to wonder if Warren meant what he had said or not....

<center>***************
25 Minutes Later </center>

Warren closed the door once again as he said his final goodbye to Amalia, his wife, his one love in life. He hoped he would see her again after this little "trip" of his back to Yavin IV. With all that said he walked down the halls slowly as he pulled out his Comm unit.

"James do you read me?"

"I read you Warren, what's up?"

"I'll need my ship ready to fly in ten minutes time, no slacking off this time."

"Hey it wasn't my fault someone sold you faulty generators last time."

"Yeah, but I wasn't the one that bought them, and I sure as Hades was not the one who slept with that guys Wife."

"Hmmmm, seems you got a point there. Well it should be alright this time."

"I should hope so James, I should hope so."

"May I ask why you need it in such a hurry?"

"Well, you just did ask, and it's Jedi business."

"Let me guess, top secret as always right?"

"Something like that, yeah."

"Well, your the boss so I am not going to argue."

"Good, now get it ready. I'm on my way. Oh and James."

"Yeah Warren?"

"Well be traveling with another passenger ok, I would rather he not be disturbed."

"Got it, I'll try and make sure."

Warren smiled as he clicked off the Comm Unit and headed back to pick up Seth, his newest passenger.

<center>***************
Eight Minutes and Thirty-Four Seconds later </center>

"Seth?"

The Jedi walked behind the man in black, this time he was wearing a new set of Jedi Robes, for obvious reasons after tearing his last one to shreds with his wings.

"Shall we go?"

The Dark Jedi seemed only to nod a silent yes to Warren as he began to follow.

"Just remember I'm not going to be held responsible for how the other Jedi act when we get there ok."

Seth only nodded once again as they headed towards the Ship.

<center>***************
Two Short Minutes Later </center>

"Ready James?"

"Ready as I'll ever be Warren."

"Ok, then off we go. Next stop. Yavin IV."

Warren turned back and gave Seth what seemed to be a slight smile.

"I hope you know that your doing, I really do."

"Get ready Sir, we're preparing to Jump."

"Ok, let's go."

Within moments the Ship launched into space and headed for Yavin IV. It wasn't the security that worried Warren because he had access to the planet and everything there, but how the council would react to his brining Seth there, well that was a whole different story....

Seth Darkserpent
Oct 28th, 2001, 11:35:46 AM
"I hope you know that your doing, I really do."

Seth replayed the words in his mind. They tasted sour, yet sprouted curiousity that could not be cured. He did not know what Azalin of Ambrelia meant by that statement. He had a few ideas of what it might have meant, but those were all assumptions based on debatable facts. Seth had no real evidence to confirm the fact that danger awaited him on...Yavin IV

Seth's eyes went wide, as he slowly walked out of the cockpit. It didn't take him long to find an empty room, where he could think to himself and not be bothered by either Warren or his pilot. Yavin IV was indeed a famous setting. It was where Exar Kun breathed his last breath, along with Naga Sadow. Why would the Jedi establish a training praxeum on a planet with Dark Side history? Seth grimaced at the thought of having to resist Dark Side temptation there, most of all. If he even attempted to use the Dark Side, the Jedi would be there to slash him down in seconds.

"Of all the accursed places in this Galaxy, the Jedi just have to be there." Seth's ripped glove was damaged further when he curled the fist into a ball and slammed it into the cot. Why did everything horrible always have to happen to him? What did the Force have against him, or the Galaxy for that matter. In reality, Seth Darkserpent cared little about the Force, or power. He just wanted to be cured, more then anything. Then perhaps he could lead a normal life. One without obligations, one without Galactic struggles, just a simple life.

Seth, why do you want to get rid of me? You need me! Sven cried, in the bowls of Darkserpent's tormented mind.

"Explain how I need one such as you. You are ruining my life." Seth whispered, cradling his own face in his ashen gloves. The material they were woven together with, was rough on his face. Undoubtedly it would leave a red mark when he removed his head.

I am your source of power Seth. It is because of me that you are still around today. I tempt you, and fuel your anger. Admit it Seth, you need me, He continued.

"You are killing us both. Soon I will obtain enough power from the Jedi and fully possess you, or get rid of you." Seth growled.

And do you think for one second, the Jedi will help you in possessing me? That Jedi out there knows for a fact that they will not, and probably cannot help you. Sven spoke in a "matter-of-factly" voice.

"Then I will end both of our lives."

Even if you do complete the possession, our mind will forge into one. We will become one.

Seth curled up in the cot, suddenly feeling very cold. He was never one to hide from the truth of things, but this time he wished he could. If the Jedi could not help him, he had nowhere else to turn. Every single piece of text he had read, or Holocron he had studied could not reveal any sort of cure for him. Even Gav could not help him.

Seth's last conscience thought was: An insect in a world of giants.