PDA

View Full Version : A Test of Strength (challenge to Jedi Amnde)

Kahn12
Apr 7th, 2001, 04:16:25 PM
*Kahn entered the battleground and meditated while he waited for Amnde. This battle would determind whether he would become a knight or not. Kahn hoped he would be strong enough to kill, or hurt Amnde, who was his friend although she was a Jedi.*

Jedi Amnde
Apr 7th, 2001, 06:16:17 PM
*Amnde walked onto the battleground. She kept her eyes on Kahn as she approached him. He sat silently meditating. She stood silently, just off to the side and waited. Kahn would be able to sense her*

Kahn12
Apr 7th, 2001, 06:24:26 PM
*Kahn noticed the change in the Force immediately as Amnde stood near him. He opened his eyes and drew his saber.*

Ready?

OOC: Have to eat dinner right now, bbl.

Jedi Amnde
Apr 7th, 2001, 06:29:18 PM
*Amnde's hands lay at her side. She speaks to him through the force*

"No, I'm not ready. You supposedly consider me your friend, yet you are here, to challenge me. How is this so? If you were my friend you would not be asking for such a thing, now would you?"

OOC: I'm sorry for coming here so late. I've been busy.

Kahn12
Apr 7th, 2001, 07:12:32 PM
*Kahn sighed. He wished she wasn't doing this to him, he had worked so hard to gather anger for this fight.*

Amnde, the council is going to make me a knight if I can defeat a Jedi. They said they would like to see me fight you, so that's why I'm doing this. It's nothing personal, really. You know I would never seriously want to hurt you...but I have to defeat you or I won't become a knight. And the council says it must end in death or I must take a trophy of yours. I'm hoping it will be the second one.

Jedi Amnde
Apr 8th, 2001, 12:02:42 AM
*a small grin crosses her lips*

"What makes you so sure that you're going to defeat me, Kahn?"

*her hand now rest upon her belt*

Kahn12
Apr 8th, 2001, 09:16:52 AM
The Council must think I'm strong enough to defeat a Jedi, or they wouldn't have me battle you.

Jedi Amnde
Apr 8th, 2001, 03:27:15 PM
*Amnde's face showed no expression now*

"I see, I do not know why they have requested that you challenge me. It puzzles me as there could be a number of reasons as to why they want you to defeat me and not another Jedi"

*she frowns slightly*

"Tell me honestly Kahn, do I represent a challenge to you? Does my presence represent something that causes you to hate me, enough to make you want to kill me?"

Kahn12
Apr 8th, 2001, 10:33:54 PM
Amnde, I really don't want to hurt you. In fact, it took me awhile to get enough anger up for this fight so I would be strong. But I figure I can just take something as proof that I beat you rather than kill you. I don't hate you at all Amnde, you're my friend. But I can't let that stand in the way of me becoming a knight. I don't want to battle you, but I have to.

gengar13
Apr 9th, 2001, 12:05:11 AM
Walking up on a hill, he could clearly see the two combatants. Using the force he spoke to both of them.

*Ohhh do not mind me. I am just here to watch*

He sat down on the hill and just kept his eyes on the two.

Kahn12
Apr 9th, 2001, 09:10:26 AM
*Kahn was pretty sure gengar would report his progress to the Council, and he wished Amnde would just start the fight, while he still had some anger left.*

Jedi Amnde
Apr 9th, 2001, 02:13:09 PM
"Friends don't fight one another, Kahn. Foes do however, and you are not my foe. You could easily fight someone else, Kahn. I do not wish to fight you. I have nothing against you and there is no reason for me to battle you."

*she pulls out her knife and hands it to Kahn*

"Take that to the council if you must. You must bring them something back, right? There, you have it."

*she stands there waiting for a response from Kahn.*

Kahn12
Apr 9th, 2001, 03:41:09 PM
I can't take this Amnde, I didn't defeat you. I understand if you don't want to battle me, but don't make me lie to the Council and say that I beat you. I may not become a knight anyways, because of my friendship with you they are having doubts about me.

*Kahn suddenly had a flash of anger. He HAD to become a knight, and this Jedi was standing in the way. He fought the anger, not wanting to hurt Amnde.*

I think you better go now then, before something happens.

*Kahn tossed the knife to her, the blade pointed away so it wouldn't hurt her. He struggled to keep his anger under control. He knew that his chances of becoming a knight would be very slim if he had to tell the council that he had refused to fight Amnde because she was his friend.*

Jedi Amnde
Apr 9th, 2001, 05:43:03 PM
"I'm sorry, Kahn"

*she places her knife back on her belt*

"There are many other Jedi that you can challenge. You can still earn your rank. I won't fight you, I'm sorry"

*she walks off the battleground*

Kahn12
Apr 9th, 2001, 05:48:11 PM
*Kahn turned and punched a rock, smashing it to pieces. He was glad Amnde had left, because his anger was in control now. He would have to go and tell the council what happened..and he dreaded what would happen when he did. Kahn walked away, without a glance at gengar. Right now he was angry at everyone and everything, although most of the anger was focused on himself, for not being strong enough to make Amnde battle him.*

gengar13
Apr 9th, 2001, 09:07:53 PM
Kahnw as suddenly stopped in his tracks. When he looked up Gengar was standing infront of him.

*What is wrong with you Kahn. Why have you become so weak*

Lifting his right hand he punched Kahn in the face sending him to the ground.

*You where told to fight Amnde, now why didn't you*

Kahn12
Apr 9th, 2001, 09:11:57 PM
*Kahn got up and shoved gengar.*

DON'T EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN! You heard her, she didn't want to battle me. So I didn't I'll find another Jedi.

*Kahn was filled with anger, he wanted to kill or hurt something, anything.*

gengar13
Apr 9th, 2001, 09:31:58 PM
Gengar just stood there.

*Why did you listen to her. All you had to do was hit her. Then she would be forced to fight you. What is going on here Kahn are you getting a soft spot for these jedi. Your a sith and sith are enemies of the jedi. I have finally understood that now why can't you. Let go of the light before it destroys you*

He walks up to Kahn standing right infront of him.

*I will not lose you as a friend Kahn. Do not go with the jedi*

Kahn12
Apr 9th, 2001, 09:34:02 PM
I never said I was going over to the Jedi. I only said that Amnde was my friend. That doesn't mean I love all Jedi. It's just 1 who I choose to let go. Why does that anger everyone so much?

gengar13
Apr 9th, 2001, 11:53:01 PM
Gengar sits down on a rock.

*Kahn, why do you think they got mad at me for being with her. Because it's wrong. Sith and jedi aren't meant to be together or friends.. You have to see this, you may think she is your friend. But say both of you meet during a mission and your with say one of the council memebers and you run into Amnde. What will you do fight her or just walk away, cause she will not hesitate to fight you if need be you have to know this. No one is saying you'll turn jedi where just saying watch yourself cause without knowing it you might turn jedi. Just be careful when around her Kahn do not get so comfortable*

He stands up and turns away from him.

*But if you will not fight her, then i shall. Be like Dragonflamer. He fights her because he wants the Knighthood bad enough so he does what he has to do. Will you do what you have to to be a knight*

He slowly starts to walk away from Kahn. Some what disappointed with him and angry with Amnde...had she had such an affect on Kahn that he would disobey the council...or was he himself the fool for not seeing that maybe what Kahn was doing...was the right thing. For now he couldn't think, but he knew that in time things would come together and he to will have to make the ultimate decision.

Kahn12
Apr 10th, 2001, 09:16:28 AM
Gengar, in a mission I would not hesitate to engage her in battle. But this is different, it was her choice not to battle me. I respect that choice. I would do the same for you. If you didn't want to sparr me or something, I would let you walk away. You're both my friends, but when you got taken over by the evil gengar I fought you. It's the same with Amnde. If I met her on a mission I would fight her. It's just the circumstances that determind if I would fight or not.

Lord Psychic
Apr 11th, 2001, 10:14:30 AM
Voice: Perhaps you are confused.

*Out of the shadows of the battlefield, a large boulder is levitated and smashed into the ground between Malice and Kahn. Where the boulder once stood was now Lord Psychic.*

Kahn: What the...?

Psy: I am dissapointed.. was my training to you not enough? Did I not drill you hard enough? No. I now see that it was a mistake that, when I was your master, I let you be a friend to any Jedi, espicially Amnde. It is my mistake, and I will correct it. Although this sickness is consuming me, the doctors at TSO have are researching a cure to it. With any luck, I'll be back with my saber in a few weeks--and you will be a knight. But only if you consider ALL Jedi--including Amnde--your enemy. Then, and only then, will you become a true Sith. I know that I am not your master anymore, but I feel that this is my responsibility, and I will, somehow, correct the error.

*With that, Psy's figure dissapeared.*

Kahn12
Apr 11th, 2001, 10:22:11 AM
*Kahn reached out w/ the Force, trying to contact Psy somehow.*

Master, I'm sorry. But no matter how hard I try, I can't hurt Amnde, not when she represents no threat to me. If she was the one attacking me, I would have no problem seeing her as the enemy. You are still my master, and you always will be.

*Kahn turned and left the battlefield silently.*

Jedi Amnde
Apr 11th, 2001, 10:42:18 AM
*As Amnde headed home her thoughts rested upon Kahn. She knew that he was confused. There had been many a time where Amnde could have easily brought Kahn over to the light side, but she never did. She did no such thing because she knew it was wrong for her to do so. It wasn't right of her to change someone into something he or she did not want to be. The only way Amnde would ever battle Kahn was if she was forced to, if she had no other choice. Amnde felt bad for Kahn. He was her friend, and yet Amnde knew he should not be but why? How was this so? Was it because that's the way it was supposed to be, because that was the only thing that seemed right? Amnde could not understand why Sith hated Jedi so much. A Jedi like herself, meant no harm to anyone. Amnde knew Kahn could see that. She would rather have Kahn be as that of the dark side, rather than have him be confused. Being confused offered Kahn more trouble than he needed. She wondered if the young Kahn would ever find his place in this world*

Dark Lord Malice
Apr 11th, 2001, 10:12:42 PM
Malice stood and watched as Lord Psychic appeared and talked to Kahn. Then he watched as he disappeard. As eh saw Kahn leave he called out to him.

*This is you ultimate desicion Kahn. Amnde is the one obstical that is keeping you from being a knight. Are you willing to sacrifice all your training....maybe even your life just so you wont have to fight a friend. Tell me is it worth all the trouble you have gotten into*

Kahn12
Apr 11th, 2001, 10:49:31 PM
*Kahn turned.*

I never said I wouldn't battle her. I am just respecting her wishes. And I don't understand why I can't become a knight just because of one Jedi. Is she really so dangerous? Besides, LD is putting me through a different test to see if I am to become a knight.

Lord Psychic
Apr 11th, 2001, 11:28:41 PM
*In his quarters, Psy tries to ignore the pain, and sends a brief message to Kahn telepathically, also allowing Malice to hear it.*

Kahn.. TSO has supported you, and you have made many friends there, including Malice and myself.. are you going to turn your backs on all of us? I spent much time training you.. before, you were Jedi material. Are you going to destroy what we have worked so hard to accomplish by being a friend to a pathetic Jedi? Are you going to turn your back on me and all of TSO, who have treated you with great respect and helped you through your rough times?

Sith are not friends with Jedi. If you are friends with one Jedi, than you will definetly have problems fighting with any of the rest of them. If you will be Amnde's friend, than you shall not a Sith. So now, you must ask yourself.. who is more of your friend... Amnde, or TSO?

*Psy then breaks the telepathic link, trying to ignore both the pain the sickness was causing him and that his former apprentice was causing him.*

Kahn12
Apr 11th, 2001, 11:34:01 PM
*Kahn heard the message, and knew he couldn't ignore the problem any longer. He sends Psy a message via the Force, letting Malice hear it.*

Of course I would choose TSO over Amnde...but it's hard to break off a friendship just like that. She's given me no reason to be angry at her, so I can't get enough of the Dark Side in me to seriously start hating her. And...she's been so nice to me, couldn't I just stop talking to her or something? Wouldn't that be just as good?

Dark Lord Malice
Apr 12th, 2001, 02:16:16 AM
Malice just stood listening to the two speak. He could see that Kahn was trying his best to protect Amnde, but how long can he keep this up. And why was he doing this...was his friendship with her that strong that he would risk losing his ties with TSO....Malice tried to understand what Kahn was going through. He once loved Amnde and would give his life for her, then one day all that changed and now he wouldn't even think twice about killing her.

*Who's the bigger fool*

That question ran through his mind over and over. Was what he was doing right, or was what Kahn was doing the right thing. All this confused him. He shook his head and sent a force meesage to Kahn, but made it so Lord Psy could hear as well.

*Kahn...it is not good enough that you just stop talking to her, you have to cut all ties you have to her. Being nice like that isn't the sith way. Slowly, day by day you are being filled with more of the lightside, now i ask you, are you going to let the lightside consume you or are you going to fight it and stay with the sith, stay with TSO. In order to get rid of the lightside you have to forget Amnde...otherwise all you have done at TSO and for yourself will be for nothing. I admit a friendship is worth giving up everything you have...but a friendship with a jedi will bring you down. Do the right thing Kahn, and that my friend, is to put your friendship to the side and do what you have to do for your brothers and sisters at TSO. Do you want to shame TSO by this act. I agree that i shamed them by loving her...but i have since then tried to correct that mistake*

It started to get cloudy and the wind started to pick up. Soon little droplets could be felt. Malice just stared at Kahn with unmoving eyes.

*You need a reason to be angry....heres one for you. She has planted the lightside in you, weather it be intentional or not. But because of that it has brought you much confusion since that day you met. I am part to blame for that matter as i introduced you to her.....and for that i apologize. But do not defend her as you are doing now it must stop Kahn. I want to see you a knight....i want to see you bring honor to TSO....i want to see you fight Amnde and get it over with. You do not have to kill her just beat her and take a weapon as a trophy and as a tool to mend this ordeal with TSO and to show that you have done what you needed to do for TSO. It has been since the first sith and jedi came that we are mortal enemies and will be at war with each other till one side is finally stopped. Until then, there can be no friendship...or relationship between a jedi and a sith*

With that said he waited to hear an answer from either of them.The question still ran through his mind like a very fast train that would not stop. Only time will tell him the answer. Until then he will not get a moments rest from this torment.

Kahn12
Apr 12th, 2001, 09:45:50 AM
*Kahn knew what the right thing to do was, the actual right thing, not what the Sith thought was right. In truth he had always known, ever since he first met Amnde, but he had pretended it didn't exist, had ignored it. Should he do what was right...or what TSO thought was right? Kahn didn't want to think about it, didn't want to try and choose between Amnde and TSO. Why were they making him choose? Sure, he had some Light Side in him, but in battles when he got really angry it became almost nonexistant. Amnde didn't seem to represent a threat to him. Why couldn't they just leave the friendship alone? He was doing well in his other test to become a knight, why did this matter so much? Kahn knew he could and would fight Amnde in a battle if he had too again, but his heart wouldn't be in it.*

I can promise you that I will battle her the next time the council wishes for me to do so.

*Kahn didn't mention breaking of the friendship, he couldn't do that, not unless she intentionally did something to show that she wished him harm.*

OOC: You guys might want to check out the thread at TGC in the diner where I'm talking to Amnde...I kinda want to see how that goes until I do anything major here.

Lord Psychic
Apr 12th, 2001, 02:59:37 PM
*In his quarters, Psy gives a big sigh, then continues the conversation.*

Kahn.. that isn't enough. You cannot be Amnde's friend. Any friend of a Jedi is an enemy of the Sith. Sith destroy their enemies. Your choice: hunt, or be hunted.

If I could only train you more.. then I know this could be worked out in a better manner. But until then.. imagine Amnde as your old master. The one who nearly killed you, driving his saber into your back, making you do terrible exercises.. there is little difference between him and Amnde as it is. An enemy is an enemy. Either Amnde is the enemy.. or you are.

Kahn12
Apr 12th, 2001, 03:20:41 PM
I will try my best Master. Hopefully I'll do well enough in my other test to become a knight that you will see Amnde is no threat to me, or my training. I simply can't hate w/out reason, that's all.

OOC: You can reply in the thread at TGC if you want Psy or Malice. It's kinda hanging there for anyone now.

Lord Psychic
Apr 12th, 2001, 04:09:39 PM
But you have a VERY good reason--Amnde is a Jedi. Sith hate all Jedi and any other enemies.

Kahn, consider what I am doing a very nice gesture. If it was the council's desicion, I'm almost positive that you would kicked out almost immediatly. But if you won't cooperate, I cannot ensure anything.

This is not going anyone.. Kahn, think about what myself and Malice have said. We shall talk more later.

*With that, Psy disconnects the link.*

OOC: Okay, thanks.

And for the time period thing, let's say this thread happened just before the thing at the bar, and that happened right before the TSO council debate, okay?

Kahn12
Apr 12th, 2001, 04:34:50 PM
OOC: Okidays.

*Kahn sighed and left the battlefield, this time Malice didn't stop him. He had a lot to think about, some of it he didn't want too. But he knew he had to do something, or he would be in bigger trouble with the council.*

gengar13
Apr 12th, 2001, 07:25:19 PM
Malice sent one last force message, this time one only Kahn could hear.

*Buddy, just make sure you do the right thing that wont get you killed. But whatever it is.....i'm behind you all the way*

Cutting the link beteween them, Malice turned the other way and walked off the battlefield.